Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion That is not dead which does eternal lie | AC dominion of Wgah'nagl

Inkara Liet

I

sFBLZIt.png

5m5qOKV.png

TAGS: Brimstone Brimstone

A portion of the time in transit, and in descent to the surface, was always spent in prayer; such rituals were a stabilising influence carried on since her youth, through every trial in this life, even when her faith was strained to the breaking point under the duress of incredible loss, even when her insides burned with the agonizing restlessness of grief and anger from that loss a half a lifetime ago... she persisted. And changed. There were whispers. There were always wagging tongues, critical eyes due to certain aspects of her calling, and her associations therein, but the path Ashla had put her on was righteous.

So, too, were the people sent to walk alongside her.

Each time her sapphire eyes would open to the sight of her weaponry laid out before her, her head still bowed from prayer; these tools were not separate from her as an extension of Her will: the hilt of a long-handled lightsaber, along with a long, solid blade, and its shorter companion, each of the three as useful as the other, practical in different situations, carried on her armoured being along with the other tools of her profession, as a Juror. It was hard to say whether some of those tools would be needed here, on this foreboding world, but she was no seer beyond the hints she was given through the empyrean in certain situations and at other junctures, but they would find out soon enough, as she watched the commandos work the door and case the exterior of the wreck.

She could feel how the unsettling aura of the site of the wreck caused the soldiers to tense, and though that aura provided a certain kind of information as to something that definitively warranted her presence, it didn't give anything more useful; thus, whilst silently following the Gen'dai and his commandos into the inky black environment of the vessel, the Essonian stretched out her senses to see if she could glean anything more. That she was familiar with the kind of feeling that had woven itself into this site was, in some ways, a good thing...

"Consider yourselves fortunate that you cannot feel this place as I do."

The words were flat, with a faint hint of an edge, and barely above a whisper. There was a time when an aura such as this would have been nauseating.

5m5qOKV.png

5m5q-OKV-1.png

Objective 1
sFBLZIt.png

Tag: Inkara Liet

Brimstone gave a low chuckle to the Jedi,
"Consider yourselves fortunate that you cannot feel this place as I do."
"We are fortunate to have one of yours here with us today" he was grateful, for all his power, he expected the mind of a Jedi at a time such as this would be invaluable. His hades commandos made their way further in to the dark corridor.

"Hells is that!" One of them shouted pulling his gun up to his face, the rest of the team shined lights down the corridor, there was nothing there, no signs of movement.

Brim was glad his boys were ready and alert, but he worried that chasing shadows would quickly keep fatigue their strength.

"Men, don't let the shadows spook you, keep an alert eye, but watch your huds as well" he pulled his own hud up, it confirmed what he could hear, nothing.

"So Jedi, where do you think? Feel anyone alive in here? Orders are to rescue if possible, destroy as necessary." He grinned behind his helmet as he pulled out a small holoprojector and held it out. Between the two of them was now a projected holo of the whole ship, with markers showing their location. "Bridge is this way, engine room is here, scans say the ship is broken in half here" and he pointed to a section ahead of them "in front of that a lot of the ship is buried into the ground."

He paused a moment and watched his team breaching the next door, that led the an elevator shaft. This shaft ran for about two thirds of ship so would give them excellent access. It dropped down into the engine bays, and went up to the bridge.

Brim turned back round "What are you feeling? Up or down?"

Inkara Liet

I

sFBLZIt.png

5m5qOKV.png

With the shout came the vague tensing of her own muscles, not from what had spooked the one commando (she was all too aware of that pervasive thing, whatever it was), but rather in the event that the man had frightened more than he did and lost control. She looked over her shoulder, catching the source of the shout in her periphery, as they all checked to make sure that it was nothing. Upon turning her gaze back to the fore, the Gen'dai asked after her assessment.

"Faint signs," she gave, "several someones, dispersed throughout the vessel - the crew, I would gather - but..." she breathed out lightly, her eyes slipping shut for a moment, her brow creasing, senses pressing harder for more definition, "...it is difficult to get a clearer picture."

Her eyes opened. She breathed out softly through her nose, and looked to the holoprojection as Brimstone activated it, noting the layout in her memory, considering it, and what she had gathered, together.

"There is something lurking in this place, a oppressive presence that veils me from being able to discern whether it's simply interference or if they're weakened, or worse, but the current of fear and stench of death is a certainty. That's what is trying to toy with the minds of your men."

On that last point, her attention was drawn to the access to the elevator shaft, currently being leveraged open by a couple commandos. Whatever it was, it had doubtless gained ingress through one hull breach or another, be it where the ship had been snapped in two, or otherwise....

"And it could very well already know we're here," she murmured, hazarding a guess, based on a common reality of her line of work, her eyes narrowing as if to attempt to gain further insight, once again... after a moment, the Essonian turned to the Gen'dai, and gave him some direction, "but I sense the majority of the lives in this wreck are situated in the lower levels."

5m5qOKV.png

F7sZwD9.png

Tags: Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown , Geiseric Geiseric , Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich , Celeste Demici Celeste Demici , Zane DeZorroe, Inkara Liet

5m5qOKV.png

Chaos and death continued to weasel their way into Heinrich's mind as he continued to find himself lost in the terror of the unknown. His hands shook and his knees felt weak. Nausea crept up as if his body wished to expel the voices out of instinct. He continued kneeling there, clutching his head in an effort to beat back the experience, terror, and voices... those damn voices. Like a choir of sorrow, they called out to him, berating the crusader for the failures of his past. Join us, they would say. Join us as you should have those many years ago. Heinrich ignited his lightsaber, eyeing the emerald blade as he seriously considered taking them up on their offer...

Then, suddenly, the distant thunder of gunfire echoed across the sky, and Heinrich found himself knocked into a swirling mass of amorphous visions. Everything shifted, moving to and fro like flickering, chaotic lights, until all went silent and dark. Within the vast abyss of nothing, he could hear the distant voice of his companion.

"Ty... is that you? I... I..."

Slowly, Heinrich found his vision returning, the vast jungles of Wgah'nagl once again before him. He took a moment to get back to his feet, though he still felt weak from the vision he had just endured. He turned toward his companions, only to find that they were struggling as well.

"Thank you. I... would rather not suffer that again. I don't know how long I can hold out... these visions... these... voices... they keep beckoning back to the darkness of this place. We have to help the others, we... we..."

His vision began blurring again, his voice growing quiet as the voices began to drown out his words before they could leave his lips. He began reciting an old Ashlan mantra, hoping that he would be spared another vision of horror. If he could maintain the mantra long enough, perhaps he could keep himself from completely succumbing to the choirs of the damned. Alas, in such a place as this... nothing was for certain.

5m5qOKV.png

sCq6dvt.png

Objective: Explore

Tags: Zane DeZorroe

Something stirred in the Tingel Arm. Petrichor had known of the strange world of Wgah'nagl for some time, but had made it a point to steer clear of the mysterious planet. Having dealt with his fair share of dark powers, he knew better than to poke around in such a place. Yet, fate worked in mysterious ways, and he now found himself in the one place he cared to avoid. One of the Dark Heretic's contacts had informed him that the Ashlan Crusade had found themselves upon the dread world, and though many of their number sought to kill the likes of him, Petrichor couldn't allow them to visit the planet alone. Though his understanding with Lord Grayson was more of a temporary ceasefire than a proper alliance, Petrichor had no desire to see the crusaders throw their lives away in a vain attempt to ward off ancient evils... no matter who may be at risk.

His ship touched down at the top of a small hill overlooking a portion of the vast jungles. Petrichor had come alone, leaving even his two trusty Tuk'ata behind. Whatever he would face here, he would rather he did so alone. Unlike many Sith, Petrichor saw no merit in putting the lives of his colleagues and students at risk unless necessary. In the end, the work at the academy overshadowed whatever importance this planet could hold.

He began pushing his way through the thick jungle, moving the foliage aside with the Force as he pressed forward. The planet seemed to be steeped in an ancient, evil darkness, almost as if it had been the epicenter of a great and terrible tragedy of old. He kept his wits about him, taking his time as he continued sojourning forth.

As he pressed through the jungle, Petrichor began to sense something unexpected; amid the strangle, swirling darkness, the faint feeling of the Light had shone through...

A Jedi, likely one of the crusaders.

He followed the energy, believing it to be one of the crusaders he had come to watch over. As he got closer to its source, he finally saw a stranger in a mask. He carried an air of curiosity about him, perhaps more than other Jedi. Petrichor made sure to calmly make himself known, as he did not want to cause alarm within the man.

"You have picked a strange place to explore, Jedi. Perhaps too strange."

He offered a slight bow of respect as he introduced himself.

"I am Darth Petrichor, also known as the Dark Heretic. I am a Sith, but am not here for trouble. I am simply here to do what I can to watch over those that may be lost within the strange darkness of this planet. Tell me, what brings you here?"

It was only then that he noticed the mysterious, large tree before them. Strange... he hadn't noticed it before. Perhaps this planet was playing tricks on him already, or perhaps the forest itself didn't want to be traversed. Whatever the cause, Petrichor knew to stay alert until he was off-world. Until then, he only hoped that the crusader's presence would be a boon, rather than a blight upon his visit here.​

5m5q-OKV-1.png

Objective 1
sFBLZIt.png

"Looks like down it is then pads," ordered Brim as the first pair of commandos attached themselves to rappelling cables. "Two of my men will drop, then myself, I suggest you drop with the next pair of my men after me. Keep your wits about you when you drop, it would be embarrassing to go back to the crusade without our Jedi."

The first two men disappeared, Brim quickly followed suit, his powerful winch lowering his heavy body down into the darkness. There was a heavy and stale feeling to the air, old unrecycled air mixed with the scent of death and decay.

As Brim descended further he felt an uneasy presence, looking up at the jedi "I feel like we are being watched, like something is waiting for us, this feels like a trap"

The lead pair of his men were now at the bottom and he could see their torches moving around examining their surroundings. He could see the two beams moving in sweeping motions casting eerie shadows on the walls of the shaft. They were near main engineering. The ship had held up well to the impact but the walls had a strange twist to them, presumable under the pressure of a ship not designed for a high energy landing.

"Sir, we are clear down here, but temperature readings are fluctuating, could be a coolant leak. One of the doors down here Sir... i think you need to take a look."

As Brim reached the bottom he could see their cause for alarm, the door slightly ajar but was marked with scrapes and scratches as if something had forced them. The other side of the door was littered with heavy pieces of equipment in what looked like an attempt to bar the door.

Zane DeZorroe

Z
sCq6dvt.png

Tag: Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor

Snapping his head back, Zane finally saw the figure approaching him. They looked to be a hooded masked man who provided a respectable bow. Hearing their words about this being a strange place to explore he gave a slight bow in return. “I’ll admit, in my journeys so far I haven’t seen a world like this before.” He replied, alluding to the fact that he has explored before. Astrography was a passion for Zane ever since he was small.

He sensed that the man before him didn’t mean any harm. However, they had a Darth title, and from his understanding with The Ashlan Crusade that wasn’t a good thing. He was taught to be wary and hostile towards those tainted by the bogan. However the man before seemed to be rather respectable.

“Lately I’ve been working with the Ashlan Crusade, they’re training me in The Force and in return I'm offering my services as a explorer and treasure hunter for them. That is why I’m here, to map out some of the local geography hidden under the jungle foliage.” He explained to them. “My name is Zane, Zane DeZorroe.”

His eyes narrowed some from behind his goggles before looking back over the mountain ledge they were on that overlooked more of the jungle around them as well as the large seemingly dead tree in the distance. He spoke before looked back at the Sith. “I’m fairly new to all this Force stuff, but something tells me that that tree over there has some significance, maybe a little more than the darkness that shrouds this planet in general.” Zane further elaborated, referring to the petrified tree, knowing that the Sith couldn’t miss it. Currently Zane felt unsure of what to think about the Sith that stood before him.

Inkara Liet

I

sFBLZIt.png

5m5qOKV.png

After Brim gave the order to his men, Inkara listened wordlessly to his instructions. She had on many an occasion descended from much higher with only Ashla’s power to slow her descent at just the right moment… but this was his mission - she was just as open to his suggestions as he was to her input, and was only here to intercede where necessary, and otherwise give them ‘eyes’ they did not have on their own.

“I intend to have us all come out of this alive,” she said, pointedly, craning to look down the shaft as he made his descent; his noting of the feeling that there were eyes on him and his men told her more about the thing that was, as he put it, ‘waiting for us’. Most mundanes couldn’t feel anything from the average presence of what some called ‘the Force’, but then there were some potent beings in the galaxy. Some of them... ancient, “that is likely,” she said, not too flatly, on the matter of it being a trap. There was no beating around the proverbial bush, with her.

The Juror was getting a creeping feeling, an unsettling idea as to just what they might be dealing with, but held her thoughts - assumptions could be just as dangerous as what might be awaiting them - as the next pair of commandos rappelled down and she hooked in along with them to make the descent. The further down the Essonian went, the heavier the pervasive aura got, and she drew in and forced out a long, deep breath as her feet made contact with the deck plating below just after the two commandos she followed cleared the landing area, and she too saw the forced door, and the scrapes and scratches in the durasteel that only a very, very small number of living, sapient species could make under their own power. And it wasn’t any of those that did this. This was too… animalistic.

She stepped forward to stand alongside the Gen’dai, and once again, though with some caution, reached out with her senses, only to be hit with the strong, sickening urge to withdraw the attempt, to recoil in what should be horror, for most. Her brow knit, her eyes squeezed tightly shut, teeth gritting as she forced her will against this thing, to know more of who and what laid beyond the door.

What followed was intense, incomprehensible imagery and otherworldly language, if it could be called language, a kind of threat or warning which tore through her psyche in the next moment, blowing her back to the point that she physically stumbled with a painful yelp and doubled over, holding her head in both hands as it throbbed, while catching her breath and willing the spike in her heart rate to slow, and for her most recent meal to stay put in her bowels.

“I... I’m… fine,” she laboured to say before anyone dared to offer any assistance - there was no telling if there could be any secondary effect from contact with her, alone, “but I get…” she sucked in a breath, shuddering it back out, “...the distinct impression…” oh, blessed Ashla, her head hurt, “...that we’re not welcome here.”

Whatever it was, it had laid claim to the wreck as territory, and the remaining lives were like flies caught in a spider’s web, kept waiting for whenever it hungered...

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited by a moderator:
sFBLZIt.png

Equipment: D16 slug thrower with extra mags, d16 slug thrower pistol, Cronose Power Suit, cross guard yellow lightsaber, Risen mynock

(ooc) (play the spoiler if you wanna see how ty feels.)

lockdown looking around to everyone in the park giving him strange looks, a memorial for the battle for their planet crested just above a hill and he was standing there normal flesh and bone his wife and kids still alive and with him. Was the whole 300 years he experienced all in his head, a figment of His mind trying to cope with a war so horrifying that he had to rationalize it with thoughts of gods and alternate life in the galaxy. Was he just a spiteful young man who is off their meds due to being a veteran of such a unsung war?

He fell to his knees Unable to take the emotions of everything all at once and cried, he cried long and hard was this all real was this fake? At this point in time that didn't matter to him he was able to let himself show for the first time in a long time the champion of Abelith, the assassin of the shadow empire, the metal abomination of omni and the tortured soul of the Ashlan crusade seeking redemption. All titles that meant next to nothing at this moment. He was home he was Ty Sibo the petty thief conscripted to a war to save his homeworld. he could hear the sounds on footsteps around him and felt the hands of many clasps his shoulders in respect he felt the warms of his wife and their two children as they embrace him. but as he stood their on his knees. he felt himself slipping as he could swear he heard someone in his emotional state.
"Ty... is that you? I... I..."

"Im home....I don't want to leave not again not ever."

They were just figments right, illusions of his mind they weren't real were they? Was this place real. was he real was the happiness he feels at this moment real?

"I don't....I don't wanna go back please don't make me come back....I want to stay here." He almost sobbed feeling himself slip. Before he heard his wife speak again his viv. But he couldn't dicern from where wasn't she right next to him?

"Its not your time yet, don't worry we'll see each other again we will all be waiting love."

Lockdown let out shakey sobs as he stayed in this place until his mind would either heal itself or some external force ripped him away from it.

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Eina L’lerim-Vandiir, the First
Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic mascot and representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary; Liaison of the Fjölkyngi Smiðr Guild
F7sZwD9.png
Objective II.: Try to Survive
Equipment: Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Tags:: Geiseric Geiseric | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown | Celeste Demici Celeste Demici | Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich
5dt1Tto.png
[ Torment and Pain ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

The result honestly shocked her; she just wanted to create a simple Force-bond to be able to communicate with Gei through it, but something much stronger, much more personal developed between them. She would never have been able to do that even if she had wanted to. Now they were one in the Force, two separate persons, but one in the Force. There was no stronger or closer bond between two people, like this one. Dyad in the Force.

She was still trembling when Gei embraced her, Valkyrja's arms dropped to her side, surprised by the man's action. Still, it was pleasant and warm, the embrace offered safety that drove away the pain. As the man placed the woman's head on his shoulder, Eina placed her face where the man's shoulders and neck met. She also embraced the man, seeing from others that it was the custom. She sobbed loudly at the crusader's words, at his promise.

She felt him think seriously, but she still didn't understand why his thought had changed. Eina was afraid that maybe Gei would change his mind again. Nevertheless, she felt that the man felt similar feelings to her like she felt for him. She looked into Gei's eyes in fear. The moment the crusader felt the pain, Eina, too, felt the corruption continue to chew on her body. The woman's eyes widened in pain and fear. Her skin became pale, with purple-black streaks appearing on her skin as corruption became visible.

"I don't know what they're doing to me, but it hurts ... It hurts a lot and it changes me. I hear whispers, I don’t want to join them… they're very strong and it hurts. It’s hard to resist… I… I just want to remain me. I just want to be with you, Gei. Help me ple-" during her words her body also changed, tears welled up in her eyes and floated down on her cheek, she was afraid…

She couldn't finish the words, she felt like something had grabbed her, then she was in the garden again… she dreamed again, Hyrva locked her in her most painful nightmare again. Eina fell to her knees crying, tears streaming from her eyes. The Valkyrja could still feel him thanks to the bond, but it felt like they were a million light-years apart…

"Gei…" she whispered.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

Hyrva Vh'akli
Prophet of the Worm Emperor; Truthspeaker, The Prophet, Lady of Throdog N'ghftor, Witch Elder
F7sZwD9.png
Objective II.: Finish the ritual
Equipment: Shield talisman | Shadow's Folly || Empyrean gland || OPBC-01s
Tags:: Geiseric Geiseric | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown | Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir | Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich
4TE25HA.png
[ Whispers and Madness ]
<"Dark words or ur-Kittât"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

F' ah lw'nafh'nahor, f' mgah'ehye bug. H' nafl vulgtmnah, ah ahog ah'gotha hnahh!

The visions and everything ended in an instant for Ty, Greer and Heinrich. They were fully in reality again. Only the whispers that were heard in the last week were heard. Hyrva withdrew, the company was no longer interesting to her. Ever since they were on the planet, the locals have acquired the intruders’ memories and knowledge anyway. All of this already benefits the people of the planet.

F' ah lw'nafh'nahor, f' mgah'ehye bug. H' nafl vulgtmnah, ah ahog ah'gotha hnahh!

Geiseric was different, though, where Truthspeaker used the bond between the man and Eina. She grabbed her mind and locked her again, locked her in her nightmares to make the transformation faster. She chuckled loudly and fully appeared in front of Geiseric. The twelve-metres-tall, huge, eyeless monster. One of the most powerful beings on the planet. She was floating in water because she wouldn't have been able to stand with her tentacles.

"There is no Bogan here, only Gnaiih ot N'ghftnahh, crusader!" she said in a terrible voice. "I just rid her of the pain, free her and make her beautiful. Gnaiih ot N'ghftnahh will embrace her!"

The next moment she interrupted the vision and opened her eyes. At first looking at the cocoon, Eina had already lost her humanoid form. Good! The process will end soon. She looked at the lower-ranking Touched who were here with her.

<"We are leaving, the angel joins us as soon as her transformation is over. Then she will destroy her former companions. And you, destroy the relics of the outsiders."> she commanded it, as she set off into the woods and the fog hid her fragile and tiny humanoid figure.

Last post.[/color]
EOtZYzP.png

z7JxHPv.png

5m5q-OKV-1.png

Objective 1
sFBLZIt.png

"You alright?" Brim asked the Jedi, as she steadied herself, it was never something good that made them act that way. "Something try and get you?" He continued.

She clearly looked like she wasn't looking for support, but right now she was one of his team and his responsibility. "Good plan us all getting out of here. Think there are survivors we can save?"

They had continued down the corridor. As they began crossing a large gantry suspended over a drop of thirty metres or more, one of the commandos paused, as if frozen in space for a moment. There was only static from his comm, the Jedi she could feel his presence in the force suddenly wink out.

"Commando! Report now!" Shouted Brim as he approached his teammate, still no response, only static and the frozen soldier. Brimstone grabbed a sidearm off of another commando and tossed it at the frozen trooper, still no response. So he continued his advance

Just as Brim reached him he turned, a calm look on his face "yes sir, reporting in" as if nothing at all had just happened in the preceding seconds. There was an all pervasive, dissapointment in the air, the Jedi could only liken it to someone that had picked up the wrong filled sweet, disliked the flavour and dropped it back down.

The commando looked confused as Brimstone inspected him, before showing him to Inkara. "He seem right to you?"

Objective 2
F7sZwD9.png

Equipment: Lightsaber Claymore, explosives, Icarus gravpack, Ashlan Rosary, survival kit
Tags: Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Geiseric Geiseric Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Celeste Demici Celeste Demici

As Hyrva's influence drifted somewhere else, Greer began to come back from her passing out, she was so confused. Her arm was screaming in agony as the burnt flesh tightened around her arm. Her body and spirit felt broken. She didn't know if this was real, or if that control room was real?

She began to sob, she rolled over, her light saber discarded in the mud and pulled her knees in tightly to her chest. "I'm so weak....I'm so weak....I'm so weak....sorry masters....sorry masters" she repeated over and over again, her mind traumatised by the invasive spirit that had momentarily taken over her. All thoughts of chasing and capturing that relic were gone.

Greer would never again see another world, she would die here, scared and alone as the insects feasted on her body in the mud. Suddenly thoughts of the death of her family came flooding to her and she let out a wail. She had allowed the worst to happen to the onew she loved. She had no reason to go home, she was better of her, dieing alone than living with the shame of abandoning her role of her family protector.

"I'm so weak....sorry masters" she shut her eyes as she continued to sob. The Padawan's strength was shattered and she could not think of any way she could possibly get it back. She let the fear wash right over her.

sCq6dvt.png

Tags: Zane DeZorroe

Petrichor was surprised that he was met with a bow instead of a blade, but not wanting to look a gift Dewback in the mouth, he opted to continue with his usually unphased demeanor.

"You likely never will again. At least, not anytime soon."

He patiently listened as the man explained his position within the Crusade. Petrichor found it fascinating that this crusader seemed more focused on the planet, rather than the usual tunnel vision seen among other Ashlans. There was an air of curiosity about the man; something that Petrichor looked for in his own students. Had he not wanted to maintain the fragile ceasefire between his Order and the Crusade, he may have tried to recruit him.

"A pleasure, Zane. I can see why the Crusade thought it wise to bring you here. This planet is rather... difficult to navigate, even for one such as myself. Though I walk in the darkness, there is something... different about this place."

Zane continued to speak, and Petrichor eyed the tree as the man pointed out the strangeness of its presence. In truth, the Dark Heretic didn't know what to make of it either. Though he had spent many years studying the more peripheral and esoteric aspects of the Force, somehow Petrichor always found things that left him stumped. He continued staring at the tree, trying what he could to understand what hidden truths lurked within its presence.

"Your feelings serve you well. There is something... strange at work here. More so than the otherworldly blight upon this planet. Perhaps it calls for further investigation."

He took a couple of steps toward the tree before turning back to his newfound companion.

"After all, we must account for all possibilities, especially if your friends hope to remain safe on this cursed world."​

Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich Celeste Demici Celeste Demici Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown

He felt weightless in the murky dark that surrounded him. A glimpse of light was above him, but he could not reach it. He simply focused his gaze on it, hoping desperately it might purge from his mind the seared image of Eina twisted by the Dark SIde. The light began to grow, slowly illuminating his surroundings. He was underwater, floating still like a sunken corpse. He began to panic upon the realizatio, feeling as if he couldn’t breathe. The the light shone through the waves above even more, illuminating the massive tentacled monstrosity in front of him. Pure terror washed over him, knowing any moment its wicked appendages could grasp him and pull him into some deep abyss. He felt as if he was beginning to sink deeper, backwards so that he could not see what fate he was falling towards. As the last bubbles of air escaped his lungs and they filled to the brim with water, all went black again.

When Geiseric opened his eyes once more, all was still. He was again in the darkness, but after a few minutes of anxious waiting nothing cursed his mind with terrible images. No more Eina, no more monstrosity. He felt them still, somewhere far off. He checked his breathing, returning it to a calm in and out, letting the beating of his heart subside into normality. He felt the weight in his arms and in his body as he pushed himself up out of the mud, his hands sinking back in as he did. He wrenched his hands from the wet ground and knelt upright. The crusader pulled his helmet off carefully, finally able to see reality through his own eyes and not the mud-caked visor. His hair was plastered to his face and neck with sweat. He fished around in the dark for his lightsaber, buried completely now. The blade sprung to life at Geiseric’s touch. It indeed still worked as the azure blade cooked and crusted the mud around the emitter.

With his bearings in as much order as they could be, Geiseric emerged from the jungle weakly upon where his comrades were. From the sight of it, there was suffering here as well. The embarrassment of his charge into the jungle needed not be spoken off. He wasn’t sure he was able to speak at all, but some words needed to be said.

Geiseric knelt next to Greer and placed his helmet down beside him. The young woman appeared more like a little girl as she curled in the fetal position. He couldn’t blame her, especially if she had seen the same as him.

"I'm so weak....I'm so weak....I'm so weak....sorry masters....sorry masters"

“Silence Padawan. Breathe. You are stronger than you think.“ he tried to keep his voice calm, but it still came out cracked and shaken. “Everything is going to be okay.” he lied plainly through his teeth. Perhaps in her state she would accept such words of pacification, but the truth could not be further away from them. Nothing in that moment was okay.

F7sZwD9.png

Tags: Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown , Geiseric Geiseric , Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich , Celeste Demici Celeste Demici , Inkara Liet

5m5qOKV.png

The whispers in the darkness continued nagging at Heinrich's mind, and it took all he had to not completely lose himself within their siren song. With all of the focus he could muster, Heinrich kept repeating his mantra, trying to hold on to some semblance of his mental autonomy. Despite his best efforts, the voices slowly grew louder once again, reaching a crescendo that turned into a the horrifying screams he had heard before. His mind began to wander, and Heinrich could feel his control slipping once again. The voice began to pull him down... down... down...

Until, as suddenly as it all began, the air once became still. The abyss began to drift away, the veil slowly pulled back, and Heinrich found himself in the same dense jungle he dared to tread before the visions had taken hold. He quickly looked around, searching for the others. As his faculties returned, Heinrich could see Geiseric helping Greer. The poor padawan... she must have suffered the same terrible visions. Heinrich quickly turned his attention to Lockdown, rushing to his side as he hoped to help his companion back to reality.

"It's alright, my friend. The worst has passed."

Heinrich was unsure if his words were indeed true. Given the air of uncertainty that permeated from this cursed world, the truth of reality was indeed difficult to gauge. Though Heinrich had awaken from the living nightmare that had been placed before him, he could still feel the pain of his old companions that had died all of those years ago. Nevertheless, Heinrich would do what he could to push forward. They had come this far... they would not leave their friend behind. He turned his attention back to Geiseric for a moment.

"We need to move, fast. This lapse in the illusion may only be temporary, and I don't know about you, but I would rather not go through that again."

Turning his attention back to Lockdown, he placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you with us? Has the vision left you as well?"

Uncertainty and confusion scattered itself across the cursed jungles of Wgah'nagl. Though it seemed they had made it through the worst, there would be no way to be sure. Whatever the situation, Heinrich knew one thing...

That had to push on.

5m5qOKV.png

sFBLZIt.png

Equipment: D16 slug thrower with extra mags, d16 slug thrower pistol, Cronose Power Suit, cross guard yellow lightsaber, Risen mynock

"Are you with us? Has the vision left you as well?"

lockdown slowly stood up his sockets in his head remaining colorless and showing no life or emotions. Checking the rounds on his weapon he began moving to the other squadmates. shutting out the world around him as the illusion started fading away leaving him with the reality of were he was at. "We have a mission to do Heinrich, weather it has or not isn't your concern the mission takes priority." Ty answered monotonly not even like he usually does but more like a rehearsed tone.

unholstering his pistol he begins walking forward refusing to speak.

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Eina L’lerim-Vandiir, the First
Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic mascot and representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary; Liaison of the Fjölkyngi Smiðr Guild
F7sZwD9.png
Objective II.: Try to Survive
Equipment: Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Tags:: Geiseric Geiseric | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown | Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich
5dt1Tto.png
[ Torment and Pain ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

At one moment she was still in the Gardens of the Fallen as Gei embraced her. And the next moment she found herself in the garden again, at the ball, when the man left her. Just like before. Reality and illusion were so blurred by Hyrva’s power and influence that she was unable to distinguish them. She didn't realize that it was Truthspeaker who dragged her back here, into this dream world, into this nightmare and it was because of the monster, she lived through the situation as if the man had left her again, and again. Over and over again.

"I will not leave you, Eina. You have my word!"

"You promised… you promised…" she whispered hoarsely as she sobbed.

In the nightmare, the man then turned to her and took over the rosary, then uttered the words again that shattered the girl.

"Thank you, Lady L'lerim."

"Why? Why are you leaving? I still don't understand… what did I do wrong?" she muttered.

She received no response. And corruption has infected her even more deeply. The Valkyrja felt the pain flooding her body and soul again. In the cocoon, the entity screamed silently, but the forces burst out from her body and destroyed the environment in waves. They devastated the grass, the bushes, killed the three ritualists still here, who had now finished destroying the relic, but they had no time to leave. Only Eina's two swords and armour, which was outside the cocoon, remained intact.

And in the nightmare, corruption ruined the plants, the flowers, the neighbourhood, and he got closer and closer to Eina, who, hugging her legs, watched sobbing as Geiseric left her again and again and the girl never got an answer to the question "why"…

"You promised… you promised…" she whispered…

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

Objective 2
F7sZwD9.png

Equipment: Lightsaber Claymore, explosives, Icarus gravpack, Ashlan Rosary, survival kit
Tags: Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Geiseric Geiseric Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Celeste Demici Celeste Demici

“Silence Padawan. Breathe. You are stronger than you think.“

Greer slowed her panicked breathing a little, but her body felt so weak, as if everything had just been drained out of her muscles. She took one last deep breath and turned over and sat up. She pulled her knees into her, protecting herself, mud had been smeared into her hair and her clan paint was smudged up one side of her face.

She looked up at Geiseric, "Thank you Master, but I don't know if I can do this, I kept seeing visions of my family, and memories of my failure to protect them." Her voice cracked with emotion. "If I can't protect those dearest to me, how dare I call myself a protector of our people" she sighed and stood up, bowing her head low as a servant. She no longer had the Boldness she usually carried herself with, but was almost passive and subservient "I am sorry master, I will serve until I am no longer of use to the order."

None of what she said made a lot of sense, she was proud of her heritage and talked in warm tones about her family and that despite her self imposed exile, she longed to see her family again, she even talked of members of her family visiting her at the crusade, it was a connection that she was proud of and it gave her strength

"If you can still trust me, I would like to continue the mission" how long had they all been here, they still needed to catch thay caravan before the artifact was lost to them forever. She may be defeated, but with the last of her strength she would refuse to let the Ashlans down.

Geiseric helped the girl to her feet.

“I too suffered the visions,” he declared. As a master it behooved him to remain confident and unwavering, so he couldn’t inform Greer of what he saw. He himself was afraid to confront it. “things like this happen in our line of duty. For now, we live to fight another day, and as long as we fight, the Jedi are still the protectors of this galaxy. But I’m afraid there is no mission left to continue.” his response was solemn, regretful even.

Geiseric turned to Heinrich and Ty, the latter continuing forward. “Wait, Sibo. Our mission is over. Heinrich… we need to leave this place. If we journey any deeper we stand only to lose, and I… I’ve lost enough. I don’t wish to lose my life as well. We should recuperate and fight another day.” his voice was hoarse and defeated. He feared a great deal what was beyond. They faced fear itself, a creature of primal emotions that could break their minds on a whim. The creeping feeling in the back of his mind, and the images of poor Eina, began to encroach upon him faster. He wasn’t sure if the demon still toyed with him or not, but he knew there in the middle of the dark jungle was not the place he wanted to confront his feelings.

Geiseric scooped his helmet from the ground and with his forearm wiped clean the visor the best he could. He placed the helmet on his head and drew a deep, easy breath of filtered air.

“What say you?”

Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Omni Lockdown Omni Lockdown Greer Caimbeulaich Greer Caimbeulaich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom