Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shadow's Folly

Status
Not open for further replies.
6d6734a47795c57393d8722de88a02d3.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Reward for the TSE participants of the Gree invasion.
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Canon Link: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Shadow's Folly
  • Designer: Dzujen'qo.
  • Manufacturer: Akure Executive Interstellar.
  • Affiliation: The Sith Empire (x) The TSE participants of the Invasion of Gree specifically.
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Alchemized metal, corrupted kyber crystals.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Artifact
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Average
CONTENTS
  • Can manipulate rifts within real-space. For instance it can close a Netherworld portal, open a rift into Otherspace, seal breaches created to summon the Lotek'k, things like that. The rifts created by the artifact are usually temporary unless they are forged during moments of large corruption (wide-spread destruction, many deaths, things like that that strengthens the Darkside).
Strengths:
  • Versatile: Can be used by forcers and non-forcers alike. Though non-forcers will need to sacrifice a drip of their blood.
  • Riftborn: Allows greater control over rift ceremonies, summoning rituals and enables people to repair damage from events gone wrong. (Looking at you Asation).
Weaknesses:
  • Anti-stealth: Once you start using it you basically become a beacon to any of these weird anomalies and creatures of the beyond. So if you are busy cleaning up after a ritual, make sure you aren't ganked from behind while you are at it.
  • Force Null: Ysalamir, voidstone, these things neutralize the artifacts and turn them inert.
  • Light: Creations of the Darkside, the Light can either disable or outright destroy them with enough time.
DESCRIPTION
For millennia the various sub-sects of the Force tinkered with the fabric of reality.

They summoned Smoke Demons, ripped open holes into the Netherworld and beyond, explored Otherspace, even drew the Terror-From-Beyond into Realspace just for its skin and the opportunity to make a jacket out of it (Thank you, Rave). All this came to a head during the Sith Invasion of Gree. At Asation the Dark Lord of the Sith, his Shadow Hand and a half a dozen other Sith came together to forge a powerful ritual. Not merely to once more summon the Lotek'k, but to create hundreds of portals across the surface of the world and bathe the planet in corruption.

To destroy a bastion of light and permanently darken it.

They succeeded... to a degree. Except that they lost control over their ritual, allowing the various beasts and creations to lose control. It was, of course, possible to close the portals but it took time and the time allowed the beasts to create havoc.

Cerbera, for once, was requested to create something to assist rather than destroy outright.

The Shadow's Folly (Oh, Cerbera has a wry sense of humor) was the answer to that need. An amulet, small and average of weight, that assisted the champions of the Sith as they sealed these various rifts to ensure Asation would stand. It was nowhere near the untold destruction raged by the Akala Crisis, but it was still somewhat interesting to Cerbera. That curiosity was enough for her to lend her assistance.

That didn't mean she didn't request more.

Among the following individuals have access to this boon: [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Adrian Vandiir"], [member="Djorn Bline"], [member="Darth Voracitos"], [member="Darth Arabris"], [member="Kaalia Pavanos"], [member="Nixia Amabilia"], [member="Darth Imperia"], [member="Kor Vexen"], [member="Khonsu Amon"], [member="Thyne"], [member="Joycelyn Zambrano"], [member="Darth Carnifex"], [member="Vestille Thumahra"], [member="Anden Fancelo"], [member="Fiolette Yvarro"], [member="Garen Kalkat"], [member="Kyla Asla"], [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Darth Prazutis"], [member="Atlas Kane"], [member="Vanessa Vantai"], [member="Tabigarashu Madara"], [member="Tehkyram"], [member="Matsu Xiangu"], [member="Belphaegor"], [member="Koda Fett"].

[member="Cerbera"]

Conceptually and Balance-wise, I have no problem with this. The only issue preventing an immediate stamp is the Semi-Unique rating versus the twenty-seven player characters who will receive one. Currently, Semi-Unique is described as "a small squad, unit, or squadron" so by all canonical bases this item doesn't fit that description.

You've got a couple options:
  • Incorporate a T6 Company into the production so it can be bumped to Limited
  • Narrow down the list of recipients
  • Bribery, particularly southern cuisine
Once you've made your tweaks, let me know and I'll pass this along!

[member="Darth Metus"]

I can see your concern here and I have no issue adding in a T6 company for limited.

But I'd like to bring up that squadrons can hold as much as 28 fighters. Obviously this isn't a squadron, but with that in mind I'd say that this is in line with that? Seeing as this isn't a whole fighter but instead an alchemical treated artifact created by a T5 workshop.

If you don't agree with that assessment let me know and I will add a T6 company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom