Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tents and Teradins

"But I wouldn't dare do anything to him in the water!"

That didn't mean Vulps wouldn't play around with him though. Watching as Vulps almost careless tossed his shirt off, she couldn't take her eyes off him. She asked Lya what they were up to and smiled at what was sent back to her. Deciding not to mention the bath thing, Lya would know anyway and resisted the thought of Ra.

Taking off her boots and socks, she set them just outside the tend and started walking in the direction of the water with Vulps.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Stepping closer to the water, Vulpesen continued to disrobe. Afterall, his normal clothes were made from expensive materials such as silk and saber proof metals. Even if it was designed for a warzone, it wouldn't do to so carelessly expose it to the elements. And besides, a certain history with Ra, would leave him with little bashfulness in regards to what he would and wouldn't wear around her. It wasn't as if she hadn't seen him in such a state before. Still, the thought did occur to him that he could use his long tail to restore some decency to himself. But that didn't mean he would heed such a thought, instead deciding to leave it ignored.

Smiling as he felt the warmth of the sun on him, Vulpesen slipped into the water, enjoying its cool contrast as it slowly rose up his form, eventually stopping with it just a the bottom of his chest. There was a bit of weight behind him as he felt the water fill the fur of his tail, though he didn't mind that too much. In fields, he could sense Ace speaking and entertaining himself with Lyra atop Shadow's back, the two ashlans making their own diversions while their bondmates enjoyed each other's company. "The water feels as good as it looks." Turning to face Ra as he relaxed in the cool grip of the pond, Vulpesen flashed a playful grin.

It had been a very long time for Ra since she had been on Veradune the first time. Then they had grown distant, but when she contacted him, he had answered. Since then they had only really been separate a few times. Everything had been business when they had been together though. No time to just be. Now that they had that opportunity and she was a little nervous again.

Like her first time to this planet. Unsure what to expect, but now she knew to trust Vulps. With this thought, she emulated him and stripped along the way to the water. Grinning with him, Ra took a quick dive under the water to get the jolt taken care of. Coming up, she was in a deeper area of the water and it covered up to her shoulders.

"This is nice."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Closing his eyes, Vulpesen simply enjoyed the perfect temperature of the water, his tail swishing underneath the surface. "It really is. Just watch out for the Cythrax cats." Despite his word of warning, he had of course ensured that this place was completely safe, even having reached out with the force to see to it that any nearby animals were warded off. "So, what have you been up to? Keeping busy with the hand, or have you found any time for other endeavors?"

[member="Riamah"]

"Cats...in the water?"

She had heard of catfish, but they were harmless. Apparently this world had almost nothing but danger. The benefit of having Vulps here was to tell of such things.

Keeping most of her body under the surface, Ra enjoyed the feeling of it as it caressed her flesh. He then asked what she had been up to.

"Well, I sent my apprentices off on a mission. There's a holocron I want. I gathered up information on it for them and sent them out to find it. That includes Drogh. I wonder sometimes what I was thinking when I offered to train him and why he even accepted."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"They're better found around lakes and along shore lines. Actually, quite venomous, and capable of shooting water with enough force to piece through ya. Not my favorite critters, but they're pretty interesting." Calling upon the Force, Vulpesen swirled the water around himself, enjoying the unique feeling as it moved around his body. "Interesting Idea. And that Drogh does seem like an odd one. Can't say I understand your idea either, but if you ever need any help, I'm always here for ya. I think I could be of service for teaching that one how to respect his betters."

[member="Riamah"]

"Does pretty much everything here want to kill you?"

She finally gave voice to that and had a chuckle with it. On thinking about some things there were still quite a few Vulps did not know about her. Not fully at least.

"I met him actually very soon after a dear friend was killed. Maybe I mentioned the man I called my captain. Doesn't matter now really. Well, I was visiting Coruscant and we came across each other. We got into a fight, but I didn't know I could use the Force. He did...for some reason he ran off though. Met up again when I returned to Coruscant and that meeting he had a friend with him and I ran."

Vulps would probably do a better job at training him. Ra and Drogh always seemed end up fighting and not much training happened.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"I mean... The Veran Foxes love us at least. But yeah, I think most things want to eat you. I find it useful though. if you know what wants to eat you, you can avoid it. Thats something not as easily said by whoever might be chasing you." Hearing Ra's story about how she ended up with the dark man, Vulpesen opened his eyes and fixed her with his golden gaze, his eyes finding hers fairly easily. To be honest, there was a part of him that was happy at the level of the water, asit prevented any... distractions. "I think he simply needs to learn what power is. He craves it, but doesn't understand it. You need to show him that you have it. Either by forcing him to kneel, or showing that you've managed to manipulate someone as powerful, mighty, wealthy, handsome, and dashing as myself." Speaking with more and more exuberation, Vulpesen widened his grin into a playful smile, before getting back to the point. "Or, you could send him here... I'm sure after a week of my mother, he'd be serving you tea if you so much as mentioned a bit of thirst."

[member="Riamah"]

"That's true. They do."

He pointed out knowing wh​at wanted to eat you was a good way to lead somebody to their deaths.

"That's just mean. Sounds like a plan though."

There were ways to go about training and Ra knew of a few.

"He wants me to lash out and hurt him though. At least it seems that way. Like he wants to prove he can get to me. Cause me to harm him. Won't listen when I try to train him either and he's certainly afraid of your mother."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Maybe you should give him what he wants? You aren't a jedi, Ra. Don't pretend to be one." He leaned back further, his feet leaving the ground beneath him to allow him to simply float. "You aren't nearly boring enough. But do it in a way that breaks him. Probe to him that he's not ready for it. You are the master, and insolence should not be rewarded. It should be punished. It sounds to me like he's tricking you into neglecting said punishment." He took a moment to think back on the party. "I believe that's why he feared my mother. He knows that she'd happily devoir him if it suited her. She has a way of displaying her power with pride. I'm not saying you should be overly cruel, or forget the path you've chosen to walk down, but if you want to bring this guy onto our side, you need to ease him into it. Show him that he's weak where he stands. After all, i never took you for a pacifist."

[member="Riamah"]

Even floating almost neck deep in the water, Ra was able to nod at what Vulps was saying. She had almost been Jedi at one point in her life. That was long before they had met, but Drogh knew her even then.

"You know I sometimes question my past? I know two pasts, but I'm not sure which one is real. What if neither one is."

What prompted this sudde​n change of topic she didn't know. It seemed to go hand in hand somehow.

"It's like I am unable to just lash out. Though I finally did at the party. I'm sorry about that."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"There's no need to apologize. He deserved it. You'd have actually been able to challenge him to a duel and no one would bat an eye. Actually, i think it'd be encouraged, given the folks that were there watching." He hadn't really mentioned it, but the council that he so often butted heads with had been there, observing the guests that their king had made friends with. And particularly, the red haired guest that Vulpesen had pledged their forces to fight alongside. Her actions had garnered mixed results, some saying she was right to be reserved, while others thought she hadn't acted fast enough to the insults placed in her direction. Still, at least the general consensus was that the court seemed to like her.

"Don't think of it as lashing out. Lashing out is in anger. But correct him firmly. If he starts back talking you, calmly exert your power. A tingle of lightning, a tight grip on his throat through the force. Or even, just a firm slap across the face.You don't need to murder him, but get your point across." lazily, he started to kick his legs beneath the surface of the water, floating large circles on his back as he moved around Ra. "As for your past, does it really matter? You've left the path that your past led you down. Now you're walking a new road. Seems the present and the future are what really matters right now."

[member="Riamah"]

"How is it not lashing out at this point though?"

And then his words sunk in. He expressly said to do it calmly. She stood up on her feet on the floor of the lake and watched him as he swum around her. As he continued on, he gave her a wonderful idea.

"A new start. With what has happened, I need a new something. What do you think of that?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Seeing the light bulb go off in her head brought a smile to his face and swimming a few feet in front of her, he slowed to a stop and faced her once again. "Sounds good. But what did you face in mind?" Owing to his canine heritage, his head did tilt a bit with curiosity at her suggestion. Afterall, not everyone could simply become another species like he had. Everything in his life had changed to offer his new start, So what could Ra do to give that to herself?

[member="Riamah"]

She laughed slightly at him when he tilted his head to the side. An aspect of him she liked. He asked what she might have in mind and she crossed an arm across herself, placed an elbow on it and her hand under her chin in thought.

"Could be something as simple as my first name. Of course, you and others that already know me as Ra could continue to call me that. Anybody new though would meet the new name."

[member="Vulpesen"]

His ears flicked a bit as she laughed, enjoying the brief sound that ushered from her lips before she began to answer his question. "Your name... I suppose that would do it. What were you thinking of?" Ra'a'mah was certainly a unique name, even to a man with as fanciful a name as his own. To say the least, he was intensely interested in what new sound she would use to describe herself to the world.

[member="Riamah"]

"Something similar to what Ra'a'mah is."

She fell silent as she gave it a thought. Looking at Vulps she shook her head, coming up with a blank for now. Letting out a little breath of a chuckle she knew it would come to her eventually.

"Nothing comes to mind yet. I'm sure it will though."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Well, I look forward to hearing it. Maybe even speaking it." Laying on his back once more, Vulpesen continued his lazy circling of Ra. As he surrendered to the relaxation offered by the crystal pond, he found himself humming a soft tune, though one of his ears always followed Ra's position, ready to heed any words or suggestions she might have. "We really should do this more often."

[member="Riamah"]

"Why wouldn't you be able to speak it? It's not like I really know any odd languages or dialects."

Watching him swim around ​her again, she followed his movements. Trusting him and all, but Ra kept an eye on him anyway. If there was a moment he looked away, she would then playfully attempt to splash water in his direction.

"I agree."

Saying this with a large grin, she slipped under the water again for a moment and came back up.

"Race you to the side there?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Well, you'd have two names, and I can't speak of them both at once." As he swam, there would be a moment where he broke eye contact to simply look up at the sky. Afterall, Veradune's nature did lead to a beautiful blue sky... of course, he'd only enjoy that for a moment before feeling a splash that sent him into a small shock. Stopping his path, he turned to Face ra, his head tilted with a crooked grin.

As Ra disappeared for a moment, Vulpesen watched the halo of red hair that was left by the surface of the water until she eventually reappeared. Never one to turn down a competition, he nodded and swam over to get more even with her, at least offering some fairer contest. "You're on." Given his stronger anatomy, he did keep a keen sense on her with the force, watching for any tricks. Though, he wouldn't complain if she tried something.

[member="Riamah"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom