Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tents and Teradins

Stretching out a bit, Vulpesen let out a yawn as he rested a bit more on the large tail was was wrapped around his waist, ensuring that the didn't fall off the back of his mount. Over the years, he had found that one of the most relaxing past times he could partake in, was a serene ride though the Veran forests, that is, if you knew how to avoid the impending death around every corner. Acid spitting Zipher, and man eating Teradins notwithstanding, the wind through his hair and the beauty of the towering green trees set his soul at ease.

What was more enjoyable than the scenery however, was his company. Behind him, he was acutely aware of a miss [member="Ra'a'mah"] Numare, seated on Shadows back. So often the Valde's life had been business. Allocating VSF resources, organizing work within the Dark Hand, and running a planet left one with little time for a vacation. Still, seeing a gap in his schedule, Vulpesen had acted quickly inviting the lovely woman behind him onto Veradune for a bit of R&R before his advisors could find something to fill the empty timeframe with.

Life for Ra had been an interesting ride recently. However, this had smoothed out and she felt confident would remain calm for a while. Things were falling into place and now she had the opportunity to take some time for herself.

Her friends had been busy and in the light of the galaxy while she had been sitting in the shadows. That was her way though. She wasn't a powerful person, but her friends were. Freedom was given to each of them and so far things had been going well.

Now she found herself taking this time she had and spending it on Veradune with Vulps. A man that had a big role in her life. He had started her original questioning of the path she was on. Knowing now she wasn't meant to be sith, what exactly she was...was still a mystery.

Together now, they travelled the forest of Veradune and he was taking her camping. Who knows what else was really planned, but time away for each of them.

[member="Vulpesen"]

After a few more moments of walking, Vulpesen widened his smile at the sight of a forest clearing which opened up before him. It wasn't the first time he had been hre. The Valde's rides often took him to the deepest parts of the forest, and his early years of tracking poachers had done him well to navigate back to them. It was a place of serene beauty, and if he was the meditating type, he was certain that this was where he'd like to do it. Lush green grass, ringed by tall verdant trees, and on the western edge, blue water sparkled, providing him a place where he could cool off after a long ride. "You know, I couldn't believe my eyes when i first found this place..."

Much like Vulps, Ra wasn't much of one to meditate. However that didn't mean she couldn't appreciate the setting here and find the peace it provided.

"It is beautiful. Like pretty much everything else I've seen on this planet."

Looking at the scene over​ his shoulder, she nodded. The clearing really was nice and the route had been trouble free, but that was likely more due to Vulps knowing how to get there than it actually being safe.

"I look forward to this time away and with you."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Getting off of Shadow's back, Vulpesen would offer a hand to help Ra do the same, his tail wagging a bit at her words. "Well, that makes two of us." Once both passengers had dismounted, Vulpesen would begin to remove the two bundles of supplies from the fox's back setting them on the grass. Finally freed from the responsibility of having to carry the pair and their gear, Shadow waited for a simple pat from Vulpesen which sent her into a sprint around the clearing before she suddenly flopped over and started to roll around in the grass. "And it seems we aren't the only ones." With that, another canine went to join Shadow. Leaping from his bondmates coat pocket, Ace disappeared into the grass, barely visible with his glowing coat as he dashed towards his larger friend.

@Ra'a'mah

At the extended hand, Ra smiled at Vulps and accepted the offer. Hopping off and stretching slightly when Ace crawled out of his jacket, a small blue head poked out of hers. While they didn't wear quite the same gear, a pocket had been made for her little wolf companion. Vulps had been present when they bonded.

She watched as the three of them ran off and started frolicking around in the field. Grinning, she turned to Vulps and probably looked like a fool. It didn't matter to her though, with him she could be herself.

"Need help?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Grinning as the other wolf went off to join Ace and Shadow, Vulpesen couldn't help but notice similarity in shades. In truth, it made sense, due to Vulpesen's flirtation with the dark and Ra's recent path. "I think we're alright for now. Still got daylight to burn, and I've no problem with sleeping under the stars unless you want to be safe set up the tents now." Reaching out with the force, Vulpesen called several stacks of sticks, twigs, and logs to the center of the clearing to prepare a fire for later. "So, how've you and Lyra gotten along? Have you learned to close the bond or extend its range?" Regardless of whether or not Ra had ever spoken the wolf's name, it would be in his mind as soon as Ace and her introduced themselves.

Both of them had blue wolves and they were quite similar in color. Ra had never truly evil, but she had followed the Sith code for a while. Some of it she still did but not all of it and Ra was quite satisfied with that. In a way, she might be more closely aligned with what Vulps preached.

"I've never been camping before, so this is all new to me. Don't have any idea how to even set a tent up if you can believe that."

As for being safe or not, she trusted Vulps to know what to do in that aspect. Shaking her head though at his question.

"No, not yet. Haven't needed to and we get along great. It is quite interesting to be sure."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Nodding to her words, Vulpesen unrolled one of the bundles, revealing an unbuilt tent. As far as shelters went, this was about as low tech as you could get, short of building one from scratch(an idea he was not opposed to). "Then perhaps it's best we get that out of the way. Not sure how your vision is in the dark." Waving his hand, Vulpesen started to spread the tent out, laying it flat on the ground with the various poles of different sizes laid beside it. "I would do this all the time on Amar. Then there were a few war zones where tents were all we could get for shelter. And then there were the years on Myrkr. You'd think I'd have gotten tired of living rough, but honestly, I just find it calming and relaxing. Great for reorienting yourself."

"Escapism?"

Chuckling a little, she s​cratched the back of her neck slightly as she observed what Vulps was doing. Shrugging when he mentioned night vision, she assumed it was pretty normal.

"I'm not gifted with any special sight that I know of."

It was nice to hear the story he told.

"You'll have to tell me more around the fire at night."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Had a lot to escape from." Walking to the poles, he started to straighten them out, the cordage within helping to lock each one in place. It was a relaxing sound, hearing each one click into position. He'd almost forgotten what it was like to just sit down and rest a few days under the stars, with no intention of pushing himself. "Glowing eyes come in handy on occasion. Make it easy to read at night." Handing Ra one folded pole, he continued on straightening the one he had. "Tents are fairly easy. Just get the poles in, raise 'em up, and stake 'em down. As for the stories, I'll be happy to tell you a hundred if you like." Since stopping in the clearing, he hadn't managed to lessen the broad smile that had place itself on his lips, a happy consequence of anticipation for the days to come.

Nodding when he said there was a lot to escape from, she couldn't help but agree. There always seemed to be something happening and she looked forward to this opportunity. Taking the pole when he handed it to her, Ra spun it around in her hand a little as she listened to him.

"I'm sure they do. I think they are neat honestly."

Smiling at him, it was n​ice to see Vulps getting the opportunity to relax with her.

"All part of getting away. You can do whatever you want and talk about anything."

[member="Vulpesen"]

After straightening the last of the poles, Vulpesen walked to one corner of the tent and started feeding one of the longer poles in through the tubing that would hold it. Thankfully, his position on Veradune allowed him some of the most high end materials, even for something as rudimentary as this. There was no catching that had so often miffed him as a child, but rather, the pole slid easily in, gliding on towards the exit. "I look forward to seeing what you wish to do and speak about. Mind getting on the other side? Gonna need some help once its all the way through."

She watched what Vulps did with that last pole he. When he asked for her to go to the other side, she kept her hold on the other poles to do that. Looking across at him, Ra had a grin as a reply for what she wanted to talk about or do.

"There's a great looking lake over there. I am pretty sure I can think of something to do there."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Sounds like a plan to me. But for now, I need you to get that peg into the hole. Then after we get the others, we'll be able to raise this thing up." Allowing Ra to set about the minute task, He started fitting each of the other poles into their respective tubes, taking a bit of joy in the simple task. It really had been some time since he camped in this fashion. There was no rush, after all, they had plenty of sunlight, and plenty of time to do anything they might wish to do as they spent their time in the woods.

@Ra'a'mah

It was probably a rather good thing Ra was generally oblivious to what could be heard as something suggestive. Unless it was clearly something obvious and this was not, she didn't notice these things.

Listening to his request and doing as Vulps ordered, she easily got the end of the pole into the hole on her side. She held the others so moved to the next corner and started feeding it through to reach over to him.

"This is pretty easy."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"It is. Of course, this is a fairly small tent. Made for three or four, though two is perfectly comfortable, I think." The rest of the work went as peacefully and easily as the start, with Vulpesen eventually raising the tent and throwing the rest of their supplies into it. As he said, the inside was enough to hold about four people, though it would be cramped shoulder to shoulder. With just the two of them, there would be plenty of room to move around and have their own space, that is, if they wanted it.

Stretching out a bit, after the bit of work, the Zorren cast his eyes to the pond, watching as the Veran sun danced off its crystal surface. "So, fancy a dip, miss Ra?" A lopsided grin had formed on his lips as he spoke, his shoulders already leaning back to let the silken coat he always wore slide off his shoulders, and form a pool at his feet. "Ever since you suggested it, that water's been calling to me."

Since Vulps knew what he was doing, the tent was set up quickly and the supplies they had brought were put inside. All in all, it was rather easy, but didn't look as comfortable as a bed. Having been smashed against the ground a few times, Ra knew just how hard it could be. After some moving around of the items, it would be comfortable for the amount of room to be had.

"I've wanted to since laying eyes on it. You think Lya needs a bath?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Maybe. Though, I'm sure Ace will steer well clear away. Force users and waters have led to bad experiences for him." Even as he spoke, Vulpesen could hear the sharp rebuke being shouted into his mind by his diminutive friend. And when ashlan cursed, it was not a nice feeling, given that it was pure emotion. "But I think I could certainly cool off." Walking towards the water, Vulpesen pulled off his shirt and tossed it aside, revealing the tapestry of scars that had formed on his chest and back after years of being beaten, tossed, and thrown from war zone to war zone. yet somehow, he was still here and in one piece... mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom