Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Teleportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niamh Raste

N
Hypergates are banned. I get it, they have no weakness. Aang-Tii tech and Force abilities that allow teleportation are not banned.

Why are Force users allowed to teleport but no one else is?

Niamh Raste

N
They used the Force in conjunction with their technology but that doesnt negate my point. Why are FUs allowed to teleport but not others? Why cant well thought out teleportation technology with serious drawbacks be allowed?

Because being able to teleport an entire fleet or army is dumb and should remain that way. Force Users should only be able to teleport themselves or an extremely small group of NPC's or PC's on their own, and even then it gets on a lot of people's nerves when people do it.

Nobody likes to roleplay with someone who can teleport fifty times in a fight without becoming exhausted like they're from DBZ or Naruto. The same would be said for someone pulling out a huge number of PC's or NPC's.

She does make a interesting point.
But I believe the problem would be that if you allow hypergates, people would want to create weird tech for those hypergates, like turning them into weapons, transporting entire planets, firing guns from other planets to hit somewhere on the other side of the galaxy
And if you allow something even with limitations, people ALWAYS find a way in the factory to get some very powerful item approved.

But I must say that Force Users teleporting is op by itself, is just another "I can't be killed" like situation.

Darth Bellum Darth Bellum
Did you miss the part where I said it would have to have limitations, which a hypergate doesnt?

He, uh, just answered your question as to why hypergates are banned. Because they lack limitations.

As far as custom-made teleportation technology, that is not banned according to my knowledge. Literally nothing is stopping you from submitting your own iteration of teleportation tech with limitations.

force users teleporting in itself had limitation most were line of sight and didn't go far. Hell technique wise it was taught to a lot more people. The sith skill travel was much more overpowered as it could break the rules of the galaxy.

but tech wise orbit to surface has been he best accepted range on ones that were created and even then they can be blocked. Hypergates had some limitations in their design. Generally stationary, not massive for fleets to pass through and you did need it to be able to connect to another.

Niamh Raste

N
Avo Avo
I never asked why hypergates are banned. The first line of my OP says I understand why they are banned. I asked why teleportation isnt allowed. The two are not the same thing.

And as I have been told in a recent submittal, things that teleport ships are automatically considered a hypergate even if they have serious limitations.

I have only one character I ever do a teleportation to...and it results him in walking through the Nether each time. Basically Hell itself. I agree with every statement it should always be limited to them and maybe a few people, never more. I also believe that it should strain their ability going in and out of an area, like a debuff effect. Regardless though, I can see small teleporters being used to get to out of reach areas several kilometers away...in reason but it is like a Star Trek effect. What happens if it fails? What if your molecules go all over the place and is gone? Lot of questions and a lot of grey area.

As for teleporting ships, I do remember Sith making wormholes or something like that to transport a small fleet or a single ship through. Annoying yes but it has occurred. As for teleporting ships...to be fair, it can break a few boundaries. One of which is making Interdictors completely useless. Another is the old "Blink" effect to where it can teleport directly behind an enemy line and unleash hell to their backside. It throws technology out the window and with the idea of cloaking ships that way...it would seem unfair.

Again, my two cents on this matter.

Niamh Raste

N
Listen man, the RPJ's and other people are trying to help. I suggest you take a step back, realize this is forum rp, and calm down. Niamh Raste
I cant abide people who dont read and then make assumptions about what Im talking about.

I get that, Listib Hibin Listib Hibin but I took that into account with my sub and it was still labeled a hypergate and denied, even though it is very clearly not a hypergate. I havent second chanced it and I doubt I will because Im sure it will still be denied.

Niamh Raste

N
I take writing seriously. If you dont thats your prerogative, but dont tell others how to feel.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
tumblr_inline_ouymva3kmK1s91wj7_540.gif

Heeeeeeeeey. Let's take a breather, fam. This is going places an admin is just gonna shut down.

If you'd like help on your sub, I'm sure we can get it spiff and span for you Niamh. PM me, I'll find another staff that can help us puzzle it out. Or post it up and maybe all these hands can make for light work and get it passed. : )

Niamh Raste

N
Avo Avo
Please lock this and put it in the archive since so many people are keen to come in here with nothing to offer and their only intent is to belittle me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom