Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Teleportation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niamh Raste

I actually read the denied factory submission. It actually works very closely to the Jump Systems of Battletech. Almost to a T which is surprising.

Jumpship Battletech

I actually agree with this being a very neat idea...but the problem I see reading that submission was it did not designate a point to being at. Did it mean across the galaxy or the next system over? Limited in technology, I would find it rather interesting but given the circumstances, I just wonder if it is really possible. I almost consider it more of a Semi-Unique technology, where it is very rare to install and difficult to master. Hell, even the time displacement is dead on with Battletech where that actually happens and they don't arrive from a year to hundreds of years within a blink of an eye. It is truely marvelous.

If it was not for the entire jump across the galaxy, I can see it working but...it does stretch towards the what if factor of being rather abused. We all know as writers what we would do with it but in the end, can you say the same for others? We ourselves as writers are the first people to look at our own creations and go "Is it Fair?" because if it is not, it should not be created. Even my first creations as a writer for a Walker, I added a list of 17 things each person does before using it because of how powerful it was.

All I say is, look at your own submission and see if it does any better good...or any worse than it was before it was made. We are all proud of anything we make, sometimes it hurts the most to see it get smacked down. All we can do in the end, is get up and have a better time afterwards to create something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom