Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Tamara, Ship Maiden of the Stardust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Drutin

V
Tamara%2BKarsavina%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bworkshop%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bpainter%2BAlfred%2BEberling%2C%2B1910s..jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Non-Force User
  • Species: Project Simulacrum Exemplar-Series HRD
  • Appearance: A brunette prima ballerina in full costume, complete with a tutu, tights, and pointe shoes, Tamara is pretty and delicate. Her choice of attire is rather obviously influenced by the pilot of the ship's personal eccentricities - when she asked him for clothing, he brought her the same sort of dancer costumes he normally wears. She speaks with a refined Naboo accent.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Tamara, "Ship Maiden of the Stardust"
  • Loyalties: Val Drutin
  • Wealth: N/A
  • Notable Possessions:
  • Skills: Straight from the instruction manual:
    • Difficult to discern from baseline humanity
    • Limited Shapeshifting Capabilities
    • Self-Repair Functionality
    • Deep Cover ‘Sleeper’ Personalities
    • Preloaded Skill Packages as required
    • Intuitive Deep Learning
  • Personality: Prim and ladylike, she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She is always polite, but manages to come across as naturally kind rather than artificially nice. It is easy to make her laugh. Val, normally prone to awkwardness around the opposite sex, is totally comfortable with her.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: Fists & Feet
  • Combat Function: Tamara's sole combat programming is in martial arts. She doesn't know how to wield a blaster or other weaponry, but she does have superior strength, speed, and reflexes. Being punched or kicked by her will hurt, at the very least.
Strengths:
  • Android: She possesses superhuman strength, speed and agility. While capable of being wounded and even killed, her robust self-repair protocols affords her exceptional resilience and allows her to recover from injuries at an accelerated rate. It also allows her to be fully immune to conventional infections, diseases and toxins.
  • Bond Girl: She is fully programmed to adopt a variety of alternate guises and even improvise roles should the need arise. Much like a Lorrdian, she has an innate ability to read body language and mimic accordingly in order to further blend in.
  • Limited Shapeshifter: She has moderate shapeshifting capabilities, allowing her to change and assume appearances and roles as the situation requires. Her forms are limited to human and near-human appearances, and while she can assume the appearance of more biomass and bulk, she cannot gain anymore than she already possesses. She cannot generate clothing or equipment.
  • Lady Co-pilot: Her primary role is as Val's co-pilot. If he is unable to pilot, she can take double duty, controlling the ship and its systems, be it piloting, air support, etc.
Weaknesses:
  • Less Human Than Human: While most scanners may be fooled, any Force User can tell she's a droid. NFUs may also notice her behavior isn't quite normal. She cannot experience true human emotions, only imitate them.
  • 'Tis But a Flesh Wound: Cauterized wounds, such as those received from a lightsaber, heal at a much slower rate than normal. Similarly any significant loss of biomass (such as a limb) will require sufficient downtime and materials to repair.
  • Bzzzzzt: While EMP/ION based attacks are less effective on her when compared to more conventional droid models, exposure has been shown to cause temporary interference with her cognitive functions. She may also prove to be susceptible to certain force based technological powers, such as mechu-deru. (Though this can be remedied, at least for a time, by a special implant.)
  • Primadonna: An error in her programming or outside meddling could cause her to go rogue. A bit of slicing can solve this problem, however.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
"...a female figure descended the ramp, already ahead of them. Nimdok was startled by her appearance—she was as beautiful and elegant as the ship, but for some reason she was dressed as a ballet dancer, complete with a white tutu, tights, and pointe shoes." - Nimdok, "For Sentimental Reasons"​

Following the extensive repairs and refurbishing done to the Stardust, Val acquired an HRD co-pilot to assist him in his travels. She was apparently not manufactured for him, but was procured secondhand during a mysterious adventure on Coruscant. When they first met, the first thing she did was ask him for some clothes. Somewhat naively, he supplied her with the costumes of a dancer, similar to what he normally wears.

Appearing outwardly human and speaking with a refined Naboo accent, Tamara is a reflection not only of the vessel she helps to steer, but of Val Drutin himself. She possesses all the qualities associated with a traditional ballerina, such as grace, beauty, and airy delicacy. But she is also noticeably taller than him, can do things he cannot, and by her very nature is more mentally stable than Val. Yet this does not make her ill-suited to him as a partner. They work well together, playing off of each other's strengths and filling in the gaps they leave behind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zak Dymo

Z
Val Drutin

I'll be conducting this review for you. Unfortunately, I see some challenges for this submission going forward. But I'll do my best to walk you through what those are, why they are, and then see if I can help you get your concept approved.

1. Links.
Links: The Stardust, Ship Maidens (The codex was denied, but I derived inspiration from it.)

Unfortunately, while I appreciate the nod to Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter 's rocking submission (because it is that), archived links cannot be included in your submission (Codex Rules, at General Submission Guidelines) As such, I'll need you to remove that.

2. Model.
Model: Ship Maiden

Droid or Artificial Intelligence NPCs submitted to the Codex must use an Approved Factory Submission, canon model or class, without significant technical modifications (Codex Rules, at NPC Creation Rules).

As such, I need a link here. That could be to a canon (Wookieepedia) droid/AI model or to a Factory Technology submission, but it needs to be one of the two. If you are using a canon droid or AI, it cannot be technologically distinct from the canon or you will need a Factory submission for that.

So, the above describes the challenge that I see for this submission. Here are the possible ways forward that I see.

Option A. You have a canon model for this. If that's the case, toss that link in there and we can plow forward. Much ado about nothing.​
Option B. You have an approved factory submission. If that's the case, toss that link in there and we can plow forward. Why's this Codex Judge sweatin' me?
Option C. You need to go make a Factory submission. If that's the case, I'll move this to Pre-Codex. Your Factory submission will need to be approved before we can continue.​

Over to you for how you would like to proceed. Please tag me when you have completed any edits.

Val Drutin

V
Zak Dymo I have spoken to the creator of the Ship Maidens. She says she is planning on trying to sub them as a Species again with slightly different biology, but that they will definitely not be classified as droids, sooooo it looks like I have to rework this baby regardless. Move her to pre-codex, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom