Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Stardust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Drutin

V
d13um97-6fe026c0-19e2-42df-a9b2-d53a958fd9a8.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Yacht
  • Length: 160 meters
  • Width: 27 meters
  • Height: 13 meters
  • Armament: None
  • Defenses: Very High
  • Hangar Space: None
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Extreme
  • Hyperdrive: Equipped
    • Primary Hyperdrive: Class 0.9
    • Secondary Hyperdrive: Class 8
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • So You Think You Can Dance?: Fitted with a Class 0.9 Nubian 150 Hyperdrive core, she is very fast and nimble, not unlike her pilot.
  • Silent Running: The ship has a cloaking device and various other systems allowing for stealth movement.
  • Tough Old Girl: A reinforced hull and shielding provide ample protection from attack.
WEAKNESSES
  • Look Ma, No Arms!: The complete lack of armaments means she has limited offensive capabilities, to say the least.
  • WhisperThrust Engine: High speeds and sudden bursts from the sublight engines are capable of being detected, necessitating low to medium speeds for stealth movement.
  • No Windows in Space: Should the sensors ever fail, there are no windows to look out of, rendering the pilot visually blind. Visually, not in the Force.
DESCRIPTION
"The silver Nabooian ship was indeed a lovely sight, its sleek silver hull and elegant design making it stand out. She was an aging beauty, but time had yet to dull her shine—or the speed of her hyperdrive." - Nimdok, "For Sentimental Reasons"​

Zana Rukh, the mysterious Sith Lady who took Val in before the boy could be sold into slavery and made him her apprentice, was the original owner of this beauty. Sleek and elegant, the Stardust is a luxury yacht—or at least, it was considered luxury at the time of its manufacture. Zana allowed it to go decades without repairs, and the thing began to show serious signs of wear and age by the time Val inherited it. Chkhoz Pikeyy, a Verpine mechanic, performed some much needed maintenance on the ship and in the process discovered signs of missing circuitry, a mynock infestation, along with a Corellian slice hound pup that had been feeding on the creatures. The damage was such that more extensive repairs would be needed further down the line.

Roughly a year later, Val finally had the thing properly refurbished by a mechanic, and he also acquired something new: Tamara, the ship's HRD co-pilot. The rusted hull was restored, the old, worn out, and broken parts were replaced, and the cluttered interior was (begrudgingly) cleaned out. The vessel used to be equipped with a few added-on turbolasers and a tractor beam, and a starfighter was tucked away at the top of the vessel, but it was decided to remove these haphazard additions altogether, leaving it as a beautiful, incredibly fast, and stealthy star yacht with no armaments, reflecting its origins on pacifist Naboo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Val Drutin , this looks like a pretty solid concept for a personal vessel. It's about two ratings overpowered though - that may be because not having a hangar is considered to be average for a ship this size.

We have a slight discrepancy here when it comes to hyperdrive speed:
Hyperdrive Class: Class 0.8 (Class 8 backup)
So You Think You Can Dance?: Fitted with a Class 0.9 Nubian 150 Hyperdrive core, she is very fast and nimble, not unlike her pilot.

Tamara's Grace: In the event of an emergency, the ship maiden Tamara can provide a second wind to the ship, adding a burst of extra power to the engines. She can also act as a co-pilot if the pilot is unable to operate the vessel.

Right now, the ship maiden submission itself is a WIP in the pre-factory. A version of it has been denied before in the codex, and I'm not entirely sure what the end submission for the shield maiden is going to look like right now. It may or may not be able to give you that extra burst of power that you've just described.

If you want, I can hold off further judging until the ship maiden submission itself is finished. Or alternatively, we can remove the ship maiden for now (you can add it on later with a submission modification request if you so desire).

PRE-FACTORY TEMPLATE
Submission Name: The Stardust
Link to Submission: Here
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: One item (Ship Maiden Power Crystal) used in this sub has since been denied and archived. I plan on changing it to something else, along with a few other more minor edits.

Moved to pre-factory per OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission back to live judgement.

Val Drutin

V
List of Changes
  • Most of what was altered was simply moving the placement of information into sections where it would make more sense. For instance, the shielding system and armor plating listed for the hull were moved from Advanced Systems to Defense.
  • An error (the Hyperdrive class was incorrectly listed as Class 0.8) was corrected.
  • The "alcove full of lightsabers" and an escape pod were added to Advanced Systems.
  • Chromium was added to the list of Materials used.
  • The link to Tamara (a sub which was Codex Denied but is currently being re-judged) is taken care of.
  • Added a little more detail to the Description section.

Two issues

• Permissions:
This is blank, please add in N/A or whatever permissions you have.

• European Gun Laws: The complete lack of armaments means she has limited offense capabilities, to say the least.
While I almost laughed myself out of my chair, onto the ground, I cannot accept European Gun Laws as the weakness name. Please change it to something else but my gut now hurts!

Let me know when you resolve these two issues.
Val Drutin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom