Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Talk Wordy to Me [Lady Velvet Book Release]

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons:

Tag: OPEN

Gatz Derrevar had a secret. One buried so deep, he was pretty sure even Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren hadn't stumbled upon it yet. It wasn't how much money he'd made smuggling spice over the years. It wasn't how many men he'd killed. It wasn't even his murder of Kreth Garr. Even his trauma due to Jedi Shadows— which literally a single person and maybe half of another one knew about—wasn't as well hidden as this secret shame of his.

Gatz loved trashy romance novels.

Hyperspace jumps weren't quick things! They took time, and he had to do something to fill that time. And he'd spent the last seven years of his life mostly in solitude, so naturally, he was a little lonely! Gatz didn't exactly have options to fill the void in his chest, especially not these days, with him having sworn off meaningless rendezvous with the fairer sex.

Trashy romance just filled the void, and offered a reprieve of that loneliness. Even if just a little.

And that was why Gatz, dressed in neutral clothing, a baseball cap, and a pair of aviators, found himself on Zeltros today. There was a double release of Lady Velvet's newest novels today, and frankly, Gatz had never missed one. He wasn't about to start now.

Now if only he could get to the register with both books in hand, without being spotted...

A better man would've made his way up to the counter.

Jett was not the better man.

Instead, he looked at his Waraxe 70K books and then at the romance novels he had. He glanced over toward the signing and followed after the woman in the huttball-cap. He decided to take the chance and followed up after her, the man thumbed through the book and smiled. Jett caught up with the Sword of the Jedi, but pretended she was someone else. "Entirely my fault anyway, say, don't I recognize you from somewhere?" He inquired as he managed to step beside her. Then that gasp of recognition. "I know, you went to ol' Coruscant University."

"I think back when they were offering courses on the Jedi." Jett peered over at Valery Noble Valery Noble and added, "but it was kind of boring, but I'll tell you their seminar on politics in the core, riveting material." So riveting it'd be drier than the pages of his 70k books. "You, I know your name, Yrelav Eblon, right? Sweet, Yer."

Malcoma's sense of pride had drained by the time Damris returned, volume in-hand, to be replaced by a twinge of self-consciousness.

Strange for a woman of her caliber.

"I'm not sure if there's a tuskcat race or a baseball game in town," she commented before he could ask, referring to all the hats being worn by those in attendance.

Damris nodded. "Maybe just a collective bad hair day," he suggested playfully. "Might be contagious. Don't go catchin' it."

That drew a short laugh from her as she stepped up to the register counter. She took the book from Damris and placed the trio on the checkout mat.

Inanna's eyebrows climbed steadily higher as she slowly realized what was going on inside Cato's head. He thought she was Serena's biological mother?

After a while, he seemed to realize that things weren't adding up. She gave him a gentle look, a faint smirk on her lips. "Call me Inanna," she replied. "Glad to hear our daughter is doing well since I last saw her this morning. You still haven't answered my questions. I thought you didn't read books, let alone... that." She eyed the bodice-ripper in his hand.

Sun Wukong

S
VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
ROMANCE SECTION - A LIKELY STORY BOOKSHOP - ZELTROS
V.Rider | Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
VVVDHjr.png

It had been some time since he ventured off his homeworld. However, it was only natural his nature would force him to explore and venture forth across the galaxy. One of the first few planets that had caught his eye had been Zeltros, for whatever reason that may have been. The planet had a particular revelry and hedonistic flair that could be found on almost every avenue and street corner at nearly all times of the day. The pheromones of the Zeltrons polluted the air and reeked to the point of almost unbearably sickly sweet.

A lesser sage may have succumbed to the vile miasma. Sun was no such lesser sage. Instead, his eyes glanced over the various attires of the locals. Stepping further down the street before stopping outside the doors of the bookshop, the Wukong glanced down towards his own attire and the bo staff held in his hand and draped over his shoulder. A number of odd glances had been sent his way the entire time traveling down the street towards this shop.

Perhaps a change of attire would be best.

His glowing red markings disappeared from along his body's fur as his eyes simmered down to a more leveled glow. The entirety of his robes and armor began to change and shift. Every seam undone and redone until he was wearing a different set of clothes. A Hawaiian shirt in black and red coloration with hints of gold. A pair of dark pants and a set of sandals adorned his particularly dexterous feet. A pair of sunglasses hung from his neck with a simple chain.

Meanwhile, the staff retracted in size as it grew smaller and smaller until it was naught but the size of a pen, tucked away behind his left ear.

Pushing the door open to enter within the shop, his gaze glanced from one side to another as he scanned the entirety of the room and all its patrons. There was a certain oddity to each of these patrons before he simply scowled and entered further into the bookshop.

I sense it. These tomes must be the source. What drew me here.

But which tomes were they? This repository had a number of them! While it was no library, it would take time sifting through each and all. Why could he not peer into this disturbance in the Force more thoroughly? What had called him so?

Immediately, a finger pointed to the masked individual of this entire gathering. The one who had chosen to cloak himself more than the others and yet had become all the more obvious with his disguise for it.

"You there, masked man! What seems to be the meaning of this gathering?" Sun Wukong proudly declared.

Stroking his chin, Sun was all the more proud for his powers of perception. This man was hiding his true nature, but for reasons unknown and perhaps most secret. While Sun Wukong chose to lessen his own innate image, it was for the benefit of all who dared gazed upon him. It would be said he did not know how to dress properly for such a gathering.

His pointed ears twitched, however, at the sound of rustling books behind him. Glancing over and past his shoulder, Sun Wukong noticed a mass of tentacles and green flesh had begun gathering a number of such tomes before engaging in conversation with another patron. Were those particular tomes of such valued importance? What knowledge did they contained?

"And why does this small yet wide green female gather so many tomes? Are they of particular importance?"

Crossing his arms and glaring at the masked man, Sun Wukong made his authority known.

"Speak and answer the question with care, masked interloper!"

That ought to do it.

p6n63fh1yli61.png

Last edited by a moderator:
"Rescuing the Pylantian Jedi? Mmmh, I think that rings a bell, yes... don't think it quite left an impression like some of Lady Velvet's other works, mind. We all have our preferences, and that means not everything can be a hit."

"Huh." Kass flipped the book over to read the blurb on the back. It gave an uncomfortable amount of details about the novel's plot, and the words "steamy" and "sensual" were each used three times too many. But it provided enough of a summary for Kass' suspicions to deepen. A noblewoman on a far-flung, remote planet encountered a handsome Pylantian, injured after crashing his ship on her family's land? Yeah, that sounded familiar.

Clearly one of the Ukatis Royal Guardsmen was in fact Lady Velvet.

A sudden loud voice broke her train of thought.

"And why does this small yet wide green female gather so many tomes? Are they of particular importance?"

Apart from the fact that the stranger was being rude, Kass was not "small yet wide" by any stretch of the imagination, nor was she solely green in color. But rather than take offense, Kass simply answered the disruptive stranger's questions: "I'm a librarian. I'm buying these for the library. They are hardly fine literature, but people like them. If we put books that people like on our shelves, they're more likely to come to the library and maybe check out something more... substantial while they're at it.

"Also, please keep your voice down. People are trying to read.
"

Q1C3xHp.png

"You don't seem... particularly thrilled", noted the Mandalorian with a lift of her brow. Then again, questioning the stranger's presence here would be pointless, not to mention hypocritical. Zeltros was not a place one visited to be asked questions, but rather, a place one chose to spend some quality time in. So long as the credits kept on flowing... namely, flowing out of one's account.

Just as she was about to turn away and get to the line, she turned to face the rude stranger remarking on the librarian's form. Yes, she looked rather... different from one might expect to find in the galaxy, but her words spoke of a measure of eloquence, and so Jenn cared not to hold her tentacled form against her. After all, there were no restrictions on who could join the Mando'ade as far as species went, as some short-sighted vode sometimes found themselves reminded. Perhaps that was why her features became so harsh, and her voice rose.

"Nobody teach you any manners? Don't be rude to the librarian. And while you're at it, listen to'em and keep your voice down, and your inane remarks to yourself." Oh, she hardly agreed with the way said librarian seemed to look down on Lady Velvet's books as lacking substance. Then again, her own pretense to literature was strictly limited to poetry, so what did she know. Turning back to said librarian with a smile, she gave her a small nod. "Well, I certainly hope you won't begrudge my liking for this "poor literature". Best of luck with your duties, and... don't hesitate to put people in their place when they speak rudely to you. Really."

Readjusting her poncho to properly cover her armor pieces, the ginger joined the line, keeping an eye on the... peculiar and demanding stranger all the while.

Oh, sweet Manda, please let me avoid a fight today, I just want to read a book!

Speaking of which... maybe just... the first few pages...

It seemed like the bookstore was starting to get ever so slightly...active, with the different people who seemed to be coming into the store, making noise. Hm...She'd have assumed some people would want to stay quiet considering well...the topic of the books currently on sale. Syala wasn't too concerned herself, she was already in a disguise. If anything, it was just going to make people judge "Rayne" and well...she had already made herself seem like a love-sick fool back when she was at the rain festival with Corazona.

Though whilst she was mid-thought, Syala was bumped into by someone and had to reach out to grab onto the shelves around her to make sure she didn't fall. That was the second time someone had bumped into her like that. Whilst she liked being relatively invisible to people...This was starting to become ridiculous for her! The woman grumbled to herself, turning around to face Katherine Holt Katherine Holt , glaring at her ever so slightly. "...You should really look where you're going. Especially in a store." At that, Syala crouched down to pick her own book up, keeping a frown on her face as she heard Sun Wukong. Rich for a monkey brain to be calling someone wide. She just rolled her eyes at that thought before looking back to Katherine.

Zeltros
div-orange.png
Outfit: Disguise | Wedding Ring
Tag: Jett Zaldaren Jett Zaldaren | Approach at your own risk

She knew what he was doing.

Valery's face was often projected on billboards across the Galaxy, either as hero of the Alliance, or sometimes as enemy depending on your stretch of the Galaxy. It shouldn't have been surprising that someone would recognize her here, especially after literally waking right into her. But if he wanted to play a little game, she could play along.

"No... I don't think we've met before," she insisted while she shielded the books from him with her own body. He likely already knew, but she wasn't going to make it an easy topic of conversation by having them in view.

She just wanted this damn autograph and never set foot on this forsaken world again. First some random trying to flirt wither on the beach, only to be driven off by Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , and now this?

"But it was very nice to meet you. I just want to get this autograph and head back home. I uh, have people waiting on me."

yY25iSp.png
Weapons:

Tag: Jett Zaldaren Jett Zaldaren Valery Noble Valery Noble | OPEN

Gatz made his way to the register, back so straight it was like he had a pole rammed up his exhaust port. Between that, his suspicious combination of a hat and sunglasses indoors, and the quick steps he was taking, he probably stuck out like a sore thumb. But it didn't matter. He didn't care if people noticed him, so long as no one recognized him.

Except, halfway there, Gatz noticed the advertisements for the signing. And the line for the signing. And....

Lady Velvet was here? He could get her new novels signed? He'd never had a novel signed before, by anyone! Gatz glanced around the store, eyes wild behind his dark glasses. There were a few people sparing him a glance, but it wasn't like any of his friends or associates were here. The only person who would even know would be Briana, eventually, and she owed him for saving her sister so...

There was no threat of discovery.

With a brisk pace, Gatz found himself in the signing line behind a woman dressed similarly to himself, and a man with some nerd book in his hands. He stayed quiet, not wanting to draw anything resembling attention to himself. The nerd-man was talking to the incognito-woman like he knew her, which she refuted politely, but seemed a little uncomfortable with.

Don't say anything, this isn't any of your business. He tried to convince himself, just get your book signed, and get the hell out of dodge.

But then the man dropped the line, "Sweet Yer," and it sent shivers down Gatz's spine in the weird way. With a sigh, Gatz gave up on anonymity, and interjected.

"Hey man, I think you've got her confused for someone else. She'd probably appreciate it if you stopped bothering her."

In the past, Gatz would have either ignored this man, or just clocked him on the jaw. But, even in disguise, he was trying to be better than that. Diplomacy was a Jedi's first choice, after all.

Jett being the ever polite guy that he was looked over, "oh of course." He gave a knowing smirk, he knew who she was, but if the other man wanted to be a white knight. "By all means." Jett side stepped the gentlemen, "it was uh, nice not-meeting you." He didn't know the other guy from manners for all he knew he was some sort of con-man. Jett with his books in hand headed for the counter and promptly checked them out and left the shop.

[Thread Exit]

Did these people not possess dignity?

Still, the book release had drawn a larger crowd than she'd anticipated - a fact that inspired giddy butterflies to dance in Cora's stomach. Some patrons moved with purpose, unabashed as they milled among the display, while others practically had don't look at me oh god written into their body language. Quite a few had simply been drawn in by the gathering, curious to see what the fuss was about.

Something pawed at the leg of her pants, prompting Cora to move her book as she peered down at the little form of Pip, otherwise known as the bane of the Coruscant temple's janitorial staff. "Where did you come from, Pip?" Kneeling down, she scratched the little racyon behind one of his ears. "But if you're here, then that means…oh." Ryana mina Ryana mina was likely nearby, and Cora could potentially be recognized.

Oh. Oh no. Why is she on Zeltros?

Rising back up, the Padawan anxiously scanned the crowd to ensure that there was no one else here who would recognize her. For a brief moment, her sunglasses slipped down the bridge of her nose as she made eye contact with the mysteriously beautiful V.Rider , a gentleman who looked far too elegant to be reading the sort of indulgent filth she produced anonymously. Still, she felt compelled to return his nod of kinship.

Not a few moments later, he was accosted by a man with simian features. Cora wasn't close enough to hear what the beast-like interloper was saying, but his aggressive gestures drew several looks of concern. A red haired woman joined in, along with a gelatinous mass of…eyeballs…and pseudopods…

Master Cthylla?!

Cora blanched, raising the now-closed book to her face in an instinct to shield herself further. Master Cthylla was here?! At her book release, shoveling copies of something Cora had written into a case?! The Pylantian Jedi was the absolute last person in the galaxy she would have pegged as a steamy romance novel fan - but then again, it seemed that appearance and taste did not correlate.

After observing the room, it was safe to say that the local hat and sunglasses retailer was likely rolling in credits.

Her heart dropped into her stomach as a copy of Rescuing the Pantsless Pylantian was passed between the two women. Though some of her novels were loosely based on things she'd experienced in real life, Cora had taken a bit more liberty with the details regarding that particular book.

Mostly, because she assumed that those involved would never see it. Written during a tumultuous time in her life, Rescuing the Pantsless Pylantian hadn't sold as well as Melting the Chiss' Heart of Ice.

It was largely the reason why Cora had consistently refused to do public meet-and-greets. Her publisher didn't love it, but anonymity was written into her contract. Being discovered as an author of such adulterous trash would wreak absolute havoc on whatever was left of her reputation as a Noble Lady.

"Oof," She grunted, nearly losing her hold on her protective book as someone bumped into her. Shaking the momentary stun from her head, something in Cora paused out of recognition for the girl who'd bumped in to her. They were dressed…suspiciously similar.

"…Nice hat." Behind the shade of her sunglasses, Cora's eyes narrowed. Despite the flushed face, the Saria Rae Saria Rae ‘s particular shade of green seemed familiar. "Do I know-"

A sudden buzzing from her pocket cut off Cora's train of thought. It was the reminder she'd set on her datapad for the autograph session. Right. She'd agreed to do that.

"Here, can you hold this?" Returning the book to the shelf, she scooped up Pip and deposited him quickly in the Mirialian's arms. "I have to use the restroom. Thank you!"

With that, Cora disappeared into the crowd, making her way to the store's back room where she'd been afforded one utility closet to change within. If Gildenleaf wanted her to do autographs, she would only do so by taking overly dramatic precautions.

overly dramatic also being one what one critic had used to describe the plot of 1000 Wookiee Kisses.

Lady Velvet would appear after roughly ten minutes, shrouded head to toe in fluttery, opaque dark blue fabric. One could not tell her age, species, or even if this heavily garbed figure was the real author. Her presence in the Force had been subdued by a voidstone ring; a particular piece of jewelry she despised and never thought she'd wear again after her marriage had dissolved.

SIGN: LADY VELVET EXCLUSIVE AUTOGRAPH FOR THE FIRST TWENTY COPIES OF EACH BOOK!

Seated primly at the autograph table, Cora was flanked by a pair of hulking Gammorean attendants. Clasping her gloved hands together, she watched though the strip of refractive netting sewn into her veil as one of the Gammoreans pulled back the entry rope for those wanting an autograph to queue up.

Excitement and nerves bubbled inside her in equal parts. The clothing had been specially tailored to conceal any scent or biological markers, and a voice modulator would scramble her natural tone if she spoke, but she was still anxious.

Q1C3xHp.png

Jenn didn't particularly do well in public gatherings.​
Maybe that was why she preferred to stay in her Forge rather than showing her face around her cyar'ika's side of their joint venture on Hefi. Or why she enjoyed being a member of a culture that was, by and large, rather respectful of one's right to privacy. Whatever the root cause may be, she was not quite the image of the suave Ersansyr smooth-talking her way into any sort of large social gathering, and she knew it. Was the opening chapter of The Jedi's fall for the Sith engrossing to her? Yes, absolutely so. Was it also a good way to look busy and avoid being accosted? Without a doubt.
If she was honest with herself, wearing a poncho on top of her beskar'gam was, perhaps, not that bad of an idea after all. Not when so many of the patrons wore hats, sunglasses, and other attempts to disguise themselves. It was... amusing, in a way: they sought to hide their identity out of fear of being judged for liking Lady Velvet's works, whereas she merely sought to avoid weird looks from others if they saw an armored figure walking about a local book store. Then again, perhaps it would not have been so bad, considering the clientele! Others might just have drawn more attention to themselves than her.

Speaking of others...

Although the Mandalorian did not recognize the figure before her at first, given his choice of attire and how engrossed she was by the book in her hands, that would soon change. With a sigh, she resolved to close the book: there would only ever be one occasion to read it for the first time, and she intended to savor it as a sommelier would a fine wine. And that was when her attention was drawn to the people ahead of her when she heard that voice.

Hold on.

A grin pulled at her lips. Did she dare and break the unspoken accord most people here seemed to have?

Do I ever.

"Nice going, Gatz. You learn that from one of those books?"

Her own face was bare, and easy enough for anyone familiar with her to recognize - without her buy'ce in the way, telling it was her would only take a glance. And, frankly, she didn't seem to care all that much!

Before she could properly tease him, however, the main event claimed all of her attention, her features betraying no small amount of awe. Lady Velvet! Her favorite author! Intricately disguised, naturally - but her favorite author nonetheless! Rarely did she look so excited, holding the four copies close to her chest protectively, as if someone might try and take them from her.

Getting them all signed would be nice, but she very much doubted she would have the guts to ask for that much. A signature for her own personal copy of the book would be enough.

"Ohhh," That made a lot more sense. Kind of. Cato blinked again, "Why the heck are you following me to Zeltros?" His tone wasn't accusatory so much as it was just flat out confused. He looked at the book when she pointed it out, but played dumb. He was still trying to hide the fact that it was a possible birthday present after all.

"I don't, I was just looking at it, y'know?" He chuckled stiffly, flipping the pages of the book in demonstration, "Lots of… knowledge and… books here."

"Why? Are you into this stuff? Have you heard of this author before?"
Cato asked for completely totally no reason at all beyond conversation.

"You don't seem... particularly thrilled."

Kass pursed several of her mouths before tapping the book cover. "I happen to be Pylantian, and I doubt this depiction of us pays much heed to cultural sensitivity."

Once the confrontation with the loud weirdo was over and Kass had given several smiles of appreciation to the woman for stepping in to help, she noticed something odd. Some of the copies of Pylantian on the shelf had a different title. Rescuing the Pantsless Pylantian, to be exact. So which title was the real one? Was one a misprint, or had the distributor or whoever intentionally changed it, perhaps out of disbelief that anyone would put the word "pantsless" in the title of a published book?

The red-haired woman departed, and with her went much of the crowd. Noticing the shift, Kass' eyes were drawn toward the table that had suddenly sprung up. Lady Velvet, clad in an elaborate disguise, was there to sign some autographs. While everything else about her was obscured, the figure was distinctly feminine. Had any of the Ukatian Royal Guards that night been women? She thought not. Maybe it was the village healer...

The temptation to march up to the signing table and confront the mysterious author was difficult to resist. But what would she say? Lady Velvet had done nothing wrong, apart from make her sexual fantasies known to the general public. The fact that Kass was fairly certain one of them was inspired by her husband didn't change that.

She looked down at Rescuing the Pantsless and/or Jedi Pylantian again. Maybe it would help diplomatic relations between Pylantians and the rest of the galaxy. Who knew? At the very least, she knew she had to get a signed copy for Oukranos, just to see the look on his face.

Arranging herself to look a little taller, Kass slithered into line.

She giggled as Cato finally caught on, finding the whole mixup rather endearing. “Pardon the disguise. I’m a more recognizable figure on Zeltros than I am probably anywhere else in the galaxy, but they don't expect me to look like one of them.

"Why the heck are you following me to Zeltros?"

Her smile becoming a touch more nervous, she tried to discreetly hide her book behind her back. “I’m here on business. Boring writer business. I didn’t even know you were here.” She shrugged, then took a step closer, peering up at him from beneath lowered lids. “Now that you are, things should get a lot more fun…

His excuse for holding a copy of The Jedi’s Fall For the Sith wasn’t all that convincing, but then neither was hers for being there. “Eh, I’ve read some of her work. It’s not very good. Even the smut falls flat. Too much talking about feelings, not enough action.” She smirked. “I’ve written better.

Last edited:

Zeltros
div-orange.png
Outfit: Disguise | Wedding Ring
Tag: Approach at your own risk

Hearing the familiar voice of Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar sent a shiver down Valery's spine, but it did help with one thing — her escape. With Jett taking a quick leave, Valery pretended that she was running out of time by looking down at her non-existent watch. Then, without a word said, she slipped out of the line and walked rather quickly to get out of the store. She had her books, and that was more than enough to satisfy her.

Just... it'd have been nice to meet the author and maybe exchange a few words.

After finally getting enough distance, Valery sat down on a little bench and opened her comms device. Of course, she had a message from Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , asking where she was, and if she'd make it for dinner. He knew where she was, but if he made her tell him, it'd be funnier, she imagined.

Hey love, where are you? Making it home in time for dinner?

I'm... at the book store. I'll be home for dinner! Maybe pancakes?
4e488d3953198f95c541-svg.png

Seen ✔️

I was thinking something spicy. You seem to love that.

... I know what you're doing.
Seen ✔️

1056584061520457823.webp

yY25iSp.png
Weapons: Blaster Pistol

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Nerd-man made a quick exit after Gatz chided him, which suited the former smuggler just fine. He hadn't been trying to chase him off, just get him to stop bothering the woman who was clearly uncomfortable with him bothering her. But, him leaving still accomplished that goal, so Gatz wrote that off as a victory. And it was even one that didn't require violence!

"I hope he didn't—" Whatever Gatz was going to say was cut off, as the woman in front of him shivered, looked at her watch, and then stepped out of line.

He frowned at that. Maybe it had been him making her uncomfortable, and not this other man. Gatz wondered if that was the legacy he was leaving behind: to be a poison that either killed, or chased away everyone around him. Maybe that was why he was always alone. The only way for him to have anyone around him was to either pester them relentlessly, like he did Valery, or to literally be bonded at the brain with them.

Gatz looked down at the novels in his hand. Suddenly, they'd lost their luster to him.

A familiar voice made him damn near jump. Gatz spun around, and much to his surprise, saw Jenn. More surprising was the fact that she was helmetless, something she had seemed almost uncomfortable with at first even just in his ship. Less surprising was that she was still wearing her armor, but the poncho was a pretty funny look.

All of that went out the window though, as Gatz suddenly realized what she'd just discovered him doing. He couldn't even bring himself to answer her question, though it had been rhetorical anyways.

"I-uh..." He droned on for a second, before his eyebrows furrowed under his sunglasses, "Jenn, I swear if you tell a single soul that I was here, I will personally inform the entire Galactic Alliance that you snuggle your pillow in your sleep."

Q1C3xHp.png

"See, Gatz, I always knew you were smart", drawled the Mandalorian, clapping him on the shoulder- which really only served to reveal the beskar beneath, in spite of how ample the poncho was. By this point, teasing him was well worth being seen by the other patrons, frankly. "Blackmailing a friend, though? Tssssk. So much for the charismatic Gatz Derrevar. But, no, you thick-headed space jockey, I'm not here to cause troubles. I'm here to get a signed copy - I'm a fan!" And with that, she gave him a wide grin, tapping at the four copies of one of the two books held in her arms, and two of the other stacked on top of it. Talk about an enthusiast.

"So, stop worrying. We're all here for the same reasons. I just keep the poncho on so people don't go spitting at me. Wearing the helmet would stand in the way of that. Besides... I am fairly certain they haven't quite figured out my face just yet. So keep my name out of your mouth. Got it? Good man."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom