Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Denied Talismans of Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALxIzkt.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Darth Prospero | The Sith Order
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market | The Sith Order
  • Model: Talisman(s) of Connectivity
  • Modularity: Minimal; can be worn as a necklace, surgically implanted, etc.
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Synthetic Crystal, Alchemised Chromium, and wood harvested from a Force Nexus.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • N/A
STRENGTHS
  • Sphere of Power: Talismans of Connectivity reinforce the bond most beings share with the Force, preventing interference with one's ability to use the Force within oneself and within a one-metre aura surrounding one's body.
WEAKNESSES
  • Close and Personal: These talismans have no effect outside their small one-metre aura - it is possible to launch Force Lightning at, say, a Ysalamir-carrying Mandalorian, but unless you're within a metre of him it will simply fizzle out upon striking the Ysalamir's bubble.
  • Close Contact: Talismans of Connectivity only function so long as they are worn by a Force User.
  • Impersonal: Within its small radius, anyone can use the Force, even enemies, Jedi, FU animals, etc.
DESCRIPTION
There were plenty of Jedi and Sith out there who were capable enough without the Force at their side... but Darth Prospero was not one of them. Having been all but neutralised more than once from simply being within a Ysalamir's accursed presence, the Sith Lord had finally had enough.

Using the significant resources available to him following his promotion to Triumvir of Power, he laboured for close to a year in creating a prototype, then months more in preparing it for easier production. When he had finally nailed down the design, the now Dark Councilor set out to create a template so that other sufficiently talented Sorcerer-cum-Alchemists could replicate his feat.

The process itself was threefold - firstly the reagents must be gathered; a synthetic crystal grown through strange sorceries, the purest of chromium, and wood harvested from a Force Nexus - Light or Dark, it matters not. Secondly, the reagents must be prepared and assembled - runes are carved into the crystal, the wood is imbued with significant power over the course of weeks, and the chromium is alchemised and used to bond together the former two, its purpose to relay and stabilise the energies flowing between the other, more important parts.

Finally, a three-hour ritual must be completed with exacting precision, with any deviation likely voiding all previous work.

Given the rarity and expense of the reagents and the time and effort required to create one of these, they were only given to people of great importance or people willing to do great favours for the artificers involved.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
AMCO AMCO

Hi there, so unfortunately in my eyes this submission simply won't work as what you want it to work as.
Since it is using alchemy and various other force things which would still unfortunately be shut off around a Ysalamir and also void stone.
Thus nullifying the effects you were going for.

Ravenfire Ravenfire

That is certainly an entirely valid interpretation! I would note that Alchemy is not necessarily shut down, at least if used to make permanent changes to an object or creature. Anyway, my own thought process is based around the following quote from the Ysalamir article:
Ysalamiri did not actually negate the Force; since all existence was infused with Force energy,[4] this would not be possible. Rather, they projected a bubble inside which users were unable to exert any influence over the Force.
Void Stone, on the other hand, simply dampens Force powers, presumably in a similar but lesser manner. There are probably other, similar effects out there, but the point is that the Force is never truly severed - doing that might very well kill any living being presence, aside from the Force Dead.
It had the power to dampen the Force powers of Force-sensitive individuals.
Simply put, the idea is that the Talismans reinforce somehow the connection all beings (except the Force Dead, anyway) have with the Force, to the point where attempts at preventing them from exerting influence over the Force within its small area do not work as intended. Whether or not the item itself actively uses the Force to do so or whether it was simply altered to make an FU wearer a relay of sorts for the Force was left intentionally vague.

If you disagree, I would love to hear any suggestions you have on how the submission could be made to work - and if doing so is impossible as far as you are concerned, how a similar result could be accomplished through alternate means.

As always, thank you for taking the time to review my submission.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
AMCO AMCO

Apologies on the long wait, I have been tossing up how this sub would work for quite a while.
Unfortunately the only thing I could think of would require a complete overhaul of the sub as a whole. So I am going to archive this sub with the suggestion of looking more at the alchemised lizards you have and trying something similar to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom