Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking the First Steps (Republic Dominion of Rendili Hex [V-29])

[member="Tobias Dracks"]

Oh? Staring at the message, the Rendili woman wasn't sure if she was impressed or concerned. Nor was she certain if she should voice her concerns to the Vice Chancellor, but in the end even if she was wrong it was better to provide the opinion in case it wasn't thought of than to worry about her position of objectivity. "While promising contracts will prevent competitive bidding for the profits and reduce argumentative efforts on the companies part, ensuring contracts even if the designs could be better produced by another manufacturer is a risk as well Vice Chancellor. If I were in your position I would reduce a guaranteed contract to one and stipulate it match a quality check of the company's existing good work. As for Cruiser Carriers I'm curious how large or small you intend and the same for the ship of the line. I'll likely have to consult with your people, but I still believe in the Centurion class's viability as one of the best warships around. Any ship of the line suggestions from Rendili's end would depend on size though, as we have a few that work, though we could perhaps put in the effort of retrofitting one of them if you were inclined toward the shorter end."

Biting her lip, Camellia noticed she slipped into trying to sell Stardrive's designs toward the end and lost her initial intention to point out the potential flaw of promising companies would get contracts regardless of what they were offering. If the Republic wanted a navy it damned well wanted a good one, she'd be quite cross to discover if someone put out a design inferior to what her engineers could put together and have no way to prevent a sham from entering production because it got some guaranteed contract. She'd be the first to admit starfighters weren't her companies forte and wouldn't try to shove them down the Republic's throat in a contract over other Shipwright's works, but if people wanted to compete with her in a contest of mass produced ships of the line, especially in the frigate and destroyer line, she'd tear the competition apart if they tried to slip an inferior product through because of sure contract promises. "Ah. . . .probably won't land that Star Defender if we can't bring up the Inexpugnable class. . . . we probably could. . . I don't think anyone can outperform that either if we can produce them for the Republic, unless someone else brings up some damn SSDs."

Hannah, The Cog Girl
Objective: Investigate Old Jedi Ruins
Allies: @Jedi @Republic Forces

jAuH3oz.png

The Temple stood massive in Hannah's eyes, she took tepid steps forward but soon found herself in a more confident stride. Her bright red eyes scanned one object to the next, she only stopped momentarily if she could not identify a particular thing at first glance. Currently Hannah held out what obviously seemed like a rock, with narrowed eyes she focused her sensors and rubbed the rock-shape object gently. Very smooth and a tad oval shape. No markings, and it appeared rather rocky color, as if nature had produced a perfect oval and simply laid inside the Temple for however many years. She gently placed the rock, but not rock, back down and set a mental reminder to come back and grab upon her exit of the Temple, it would make a nice ornament for her room she figured.

Many of the Jedi that had gathered at the entrance had moved on, and Hannah slowly wondered off by herself to allow a sense of calm to return. Such large Force signatures and varied emotions, it all nearly overwhelmed her, much like her last few times in crowds it had not gone overly well. Hannah knew her body would act normally, and her cybernetics would literally force calm to her heart and if the case be, in her mind and this sent a small panic within her.

Do I have that little control over myself? Hannah thought, if she could it would have sounded bitter or rather sadden, but it merely felt as if she commentated on the state of the weather. Sunny if anyone cared for the answer. She wrapped her arms around herself, her fingers traced where the flesh began and ended, the feel of her metal cybernetics reminded her what she was, flesh but not flesh. Alive, but not alive. Hannah, but not Hannah.

Her arms unwrapped themselves, not consciously, Hannah for the most part slowly regained herself and continued on her exploration. She hoped for another rock to distract her.

[member="Ella Nova"]

Ella had been taken by a Sith? How horrible! He must've done something terrible if it ended up with Ella being severed from the Force.

"I'm so sorry about that", Abigail replied with genuine sadness. "I regret there was no one to help you at that time. It must've been... horrible."

While Ella created another of those uncomfortable long silences, Abigail had learned to just patiently wait for now, even if it was uncomfortable. And yes, like she expected Ella eventually continued again. She brought up some good points, and Abigail was eager to learn about the other woman's vision of the Jedi, and what she thought about them. After all, she was apparently an ex-Jedi.

There were a few points that Ella brought up which were a bit vague, points which Abigail had happily wanted to argue with. Not to disprove Ella's words, but to shed them in a different light, or test them under different circumstances. But perhaps she had time for that later. A discussion of the likes would probably last quite a while, if it even had an end. There have been multiple groups with multiple visions on how Jedi should act and behave, so it was unlikely Ella and Abby could just settle with one set view within a few minutes.

As Ella lifted her lightsaber again, Abigail could see her kind and smiling face again, which was something that eased her mind a bit. Unconsciously she had been slightly unnerved by the fact she couldn't see the woman's face, so to see it with a smile again was a slight relief.

"If I have the time to do so, I would gladly help you on Humbarine. And I would also be eager to listen to any advice you can give me while I do", Abigail replied with a sincere smile as she too started to look around again.

Without knowing precisely why, Alex found himself wandering back through the doorway of the Temple. It was almost as if his danger sense had tickled the edge of his mind just enough to say 'something's up...'. Stepping into the hot, sulfurous air outside, Alex scanned his surroundings and caught a glimpse of an LAAT/i dropship swooping down a short distance away to disgorge 30 clone troopers. Not believing his eyes, Alex zoomed the picture in via his helmet's HUD. Despite the fact that the armored suit still felt overly dramatic to him, Alex had to admit the technology was top of the line compared to anything he had used during his days on Tatooine.

"What the?...."

Zooming in a bit more, Alex could see that the troopers were locked and locked and creeping towards a position a few hundred yards further out. Activating his comlink, Alex relayed a message on a secure frequency to the troops as he took off at a fast trot towards them.

"Clone troopers, this is Republic Sentinel Knight Alex StormWolf. I am approaching your position. What is the situation? Repeat, what is the situation? Do you copy?"

[member="LAAT Boarding Party"]
[member="Meshla Munin"]

The outstretched hand gesturing to the depths beyond looked inviting. The darkened corridors leading out beyond the main gathering hall were not so inviting. Light from the artificial lamps around them faded out shortly into the halls leading out from the hall, drenching their secrets in ominous black. Jerek was hardly one to be scared of the dark, but even he could feel a sense of foreboding at the twisting passageways beyond.

Elias would have charged ahead. The boy smiled at the thought of his absent twin, he often drew strength from the loss more than sadness now. He nodded to himself, as if agreeing with his brother, and scanned the options ahead. Moving lights in some of the halls marked where others had already ventured in, so Jerek aimed at one still untouched, reaching into his utility pouch to draw out a halo lamp and activated it. Its light was more of a beam than a glow, but it still provided enough ambient light to illuminate a broad circle around the padawan as he and Thane ventured forth.

"So," the boy began, stepping over some crumbling stone block fragments scattered about the floor. A glance up told him they had fallen from the ceiling, probably some time ago. He hoped so, anyway. The rest of the ceiling looked reasonable stable, so the padawan tried to put it out of his mind. "Have you ever been in a Jedi Temple before?"

[member="Edward Thane"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom