Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking the First Steps (Republic Dominion of Rendili Hex [V-29])

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Allies: Te Veman Mandalorians
Enemies: Republic/Jedi forces [member="LAAT Boarding Party"]
Objective: Raid/Fight, but first an introduction
1xI6xkf.gif
It was no secret Clan Munin despised Jedi. So it was no surprise that a raiding party was sent to the New Republic world of Rendili to pilfer what ever intel and goods they could get their hands on; be it ships, weapons, medical supplies. If nothing else, the exiled Mandalorians would leave their calling card and put the Republic, who harbored the light side Force users, on notice.

As the Mando group proceeded towards the Jedi Temple, the rather snarky banter between fellow vode [member="Ravik Munin"] and [member="Hana Munin"] was entertaining yet not necessary. They all their part to play, and the more focused the clansmen were the less chance things would go afoul. Being the Alor's stepdaughter always made Mesh feel the pressure to perform just that much better while representing on the clan's behalf.

Mesh'la moved swiftly and silently through the countryside, only smirking at the remarks made and giving a roll of her blue eyes behind the black T-visor of the red helmet worn, which matched the rest of the dark blonde's beskar'gam with standard weaponized gauntlets. On each shapely hip was holstered a slugthrower pistol and in her hands was a Mandalorian assault rifle. Strapped to her back was a beskad; an uncle's that had been passed down to her after his death. Attached to Mesh's utility belt was a medkit, one like her mother always carried, and a Fett Kal trench knife. Across her chest hung a bandolier diagonally that had been one of her late father's, which carried assorted grenades for fun and games.

A transport ship passed overhead, then disappeared behind a tree line in the near distance. It could only mean one thing...

[ Heads on a swivel, ner vode... We may have company sooner than later. ]

| [member="Abigail Meredydd"] |

Ella nodded and gestured with her hand to the direction of the temple. "By all means, we can explore the temple together." Nodding to herself, Ella walked past Abigail and begun to lead the way to the Jedi Temple. As she walked she lifted a hand to her forehead so as to shield her eyes from Sarapin's star as she looked over the building. It was ancient, crumbled and in a state of disrepair. Just like the Jedi Order.

Fifteen years ago the Jedi had been a symbol of hope for the Republic. It had been one whole Order united to helping the galaxy emerge from the Four-Hundred Year Darkness by giving it guidance and repair. Instead it had fell apart. In the past decade and a half the Jedi Order had been splintered in several smaller sects that were more akin to cults of the light side than the Jedi Order Ella had once known. Silver Jedi. Alliance Jedi. Republic Jedi. Confederacy Jedi. Lone wanderers who walked the stars by themselves.

They were all pathetic.

This was why she had left the Jedi Order. Why she had succumbed to the allure of the dark side. The Jedi Knight who had faced Darth Carnifex had been weak, and foolish. But the Sith Lord that had emerged from that dark time was strong, and powerful. She smiled, passing it off to Abigail that she was enjoying herself at the sight of the Jedi Temple, but in reality she smiled at the knowledge that Abigail had no idea who walked with her. Hiding in plain sight is a superior disguise, Ella thought to herself.

[member="Ella Nova"]

"Uh, yeah," Abigail said with a relieved smile when she heard that Ella was fine with going along with her," that would be nice."

It was... convenient. Even though there was something about the woman which still felt a bit uneasy for Abigail, she was glad she at least had someone to go with, someone who also seemed to be rather capable should the two of them ever get into... trouble inside of the temple. Why she felt uneasy about Ella Abigail didn't know, but she assumed it was because the woman had come out of nowhere. She hadn't heard anything of her at all, and then suddenly boom here she was. Although, then again, Abigail wasn't the kind of person who necessarily knew everyone anyway, so it was most likely nothing weird.

Another convenient thing was Ella walking in front of her, and leading them. Abigail was still rather, exhausted of what she had been put through not so long ago, so she was fine with just walking along with Ella, letting her go first. But, that wasn't necessarily why it was convenient. It was convenient because this gave her an opportunity to motion the Force around her to calm down. By now it was swerving around Abigail like a dog hiding behind its owner when thunder could be heard. Sometimes she could see it moving closer to Ella, but everytime it eventually stopped and either went around her, or it just returned to Abby.

"Stop", Abigail whispered inaudible. "You're distracting me. There's no danger here. Just calm down."

She rolled her eyes as she pushed a lock of hair out of her face and put it back into her messy ponytail.

For a moment, there was silence as Abigail stared at the temple. Ella seemed to enjoy the sight as well, as Abby could see the smile on the shorter woman's face, even from where she stood.

Eventually, both to make the silence less weird and perhaps to calm the Force a bit, she asked Ella a few seemingly innocent questions.

"So, I uh... haven't seen you around before. Are you new or...? And where did you come from?"

Lowering her hand from her eyes Ella turned her gaze back to Abigail when she posed the question. Pouting her lips thoughtfully she debated whether to lie or tell the truth. In the end she decided on a half truth. "I just came from Humbarine, but I've not been living there long. Before that I was living in a city called Avalonia, in the Dosuun system. I wonder how it is doing with rumours spreading that the First Order is about to disband."

[member="Ella Nova"]

Abigail listened thoughtfully, it was always good to know a few things about everyone. As Ella turned back around, Abby had just stopped motioning, so hopefully Ella wouldn't have seen her quickly shifting back into normal walking movements.

"Oh, Humbarine?", she asked, not knowing much of the place herself. "What is it like? Could you tell me about it? Do you like being there?"

Then Abigail frowned as Ella mentioned the First Order and something about disbanding.
"I'm sorry," she quickly replied," what rumours have you heard? I must have missed those, I think." She might not be following every bit of news every minute of the day, she did try to keep up with everything as best she could. Especially with... rumours like this. They usually were nothing more but that: rumours. But sometimes... sometimes they told truths you just wanted to know.

Abigail quickly thought of a few more basic questions she could ask Ella, questions like what her job was and whatever. They might not have time to talk much about these less important subjects once inside the temple.

"There are rumours circulating that their leaders recently abandoned their positions in their government," Ella explained as she continued walking down the path to the mouth that was the temple's entrance. "But I couldn't substantiate them for you if I wanted. I don't know many people that live in that quadrant of space."

"As for Humbarine it is near enough like Coruscant. It's different in the sense that Coruscant is split into different levels, and those levels are run in groups by those in charge of maintenance, life support and so on. But on Humbarine the ecumenopolis is separated into thirteen districts, each with their own regional governor that sits on the Humbarine Council that makes up it's government. Each district has various levels but they are less compartmentalised unlike Coruscant and are maintained differently."

"There are some levels in each district that do not have any residents and are used for storage, or manufacturing. District Nine is basically a water plant which distributes water across the city to other districts, and is maintained mostly by a large droid work force that, in my opinion, are several decades too out of date. I plan to bring that up next time I meet with it's governor."

"In short Humbarine is just a giant city, but smaller and less important than Coruscant is. Little Coruscant as some would call it, though I know most Humbariners find that term offensive."

[member="Ella Nova"]

"Oh wow. Those rumours sound... unlikely if I may say that, but could have some impact if they are true. Not that it is for me to do anything with that, but perhaps the people will... regain a bit more control of their lives?", she said, but it was more of a question than a statement. For some reason she always blocked when near specific people. And the fact that the Force was still restless didn't really help either. Abigail just couldn't focus well enough to give a proper answer, so she didn't speak further about the subject.

Coruscant. Abigail had been to Coruscant, especially to a few of it's... less wealthy levels. She... wasn't a big fan of Coruscant. Sure, it was pretty in a few places, but she just found out during her time there she enjoyed the more peaceful places, or at least the places which were less cramped with buildings and people.

"Oh, like Coruscant, huh? Guess it's quite big then. I don't really like big and crowded cities, I prefer to have a bit more freedom and nature. But I'm sure it's a lovely place!", she said. "And you're meeting with the governor? Are you... politically active in Humbarine then?"

Abigail then chuckled softly as she gave Ella a small smile.
"Don't call Humbarine 'Little Coruscant'," she said," noted."

A quick glance over at the temple confirmed that they were getting close. Good, Abigail wanted to know what lied inside. And now that she had a partner, she could actually go inside with having the risk of... well she didn't know exactly. She just knew that if something happened when they were alone, Ella would probably be there to help. Right?

-- Tobias was now on the station in question, and the man was pretty interested in what he was seeing. The station was defenetly of the older era, but that only meant there was more he and the government could update. National spending was somewhat of a taboo for the other senators. Vice Chancellor Dracks however, was of a different breed. Spending more money here would provide the planets unemployed with jobs from the republic. Every small victory to bring hope to the people, and bring a spotlight to the Republic was hitting two birds with one stone in his eyes.

-- He returned the message to the companies CEO, [member="Camellia Swift"], "It would be much appreciated as the New Republic would like to offer in system jobs to those local instead of hiring outside for cheaper labor, we are always looking to improve the hardships of our members as they are the backbone of the core values of the Republic." Really just more political speak that he did not care for, but he had many faces to secure the goals of the New Republic.

-- "As for starships, there is a project in development between Kuat Drive Yards, United Trade Conglomerate, Harley & Co Logistic Incorporated, and several other companies are meeting to discuss the standardization of our military, having Rendili Stardrives, the original developer of Ancient Republic starships were to join these discussions, I think the New Republic would be benefit greatly from such a joint action."

-- The talks were still very much in the works, but the large industrial core of the Republic were still relying on weapons of limitation. Many of the Governments and Industries they were currently importing from were not within the Republic and costing an arm and a leg. Military spending was becoming unbearable, and cutting it back to the agreed amount the senate authorized would open new lanes of there expansion.

​"I was recently elected as Humbarine's representative in the New Republic. I represent the interests of the Humbarine Council when the Senate is convened on Carida, and I offer advice when it is required on interplanetary matters to each of the Thirteen District governors that run the city. So, yes, I am politically active on Humbarine."

Ella came to a stop at the mouth of the temple. It was dark inside. Lowering her hand to her Lightsaber, Ella removed it from her belt and turned to Abigail. "If you are intention to come into the temple then you will need a light source. I don't assume you have a Lightsaber as well?"

[member="Ella Nova"]

Abigail listened to Ella speak about her role in Humbarine's politics. Sounded like she had quite an important position, and was involved in a lot of things. So, her initial thoughts had been right, she was walking with a power woman. At least in term of connections, but as far as strength went, Abigail could only guess.

"Uhm..", Abigail mumbled as she peered into the darkness, " I didn't exactly expect that I would need one- not that I actually have one or anything. So uh, no. I don't have one. I mean, I have a little light?", she said as she retrieved a small flashlight from one of her pockets, showing it to Ella.

"I'm still a Padawan, you see, so... no lightsaber for me. Yet!", she said as she gave Ella a sweet smile, before turning her attention towards the temple again.

[member="Tobias Dracks"]

Kuat Drive Yards huh, Camellia wasn't entirely certain how active they were anymore. They hadn't been very proactive during the Sith occupation, but given how lackluster Rendili Stardrive had been since then aside from the brief foray with the Free World Coalition that was still somewhat in effect, she hardly had room to talk herself really. Nonetheless, at least it seemed like the Republic had some ideas to spark the market with competition. Still, there ought to be some guidelines in place to prevent the companies from underbidding their work and turning in poor projects just to win the contract by being the cheapest or appealing looking on the surface. "You'll have to give me the when and where on the meetings for that Vice Chancellor. I also would like to put out the suggestion the Republic send in their Chief Naval Officers to run the show. It's not best to let tech heads and executives like myself get to arguing with others, we tend to want our way whether it be wealth, prestige, or pride. I personally can't stand unrealistic promises or efforts the client cannot afford or sustain, or turning out cheap products just because you underbid the competition and are looking to make the most money out of the customer, whoever you put in such a meeting should be well aware of the Republic's military needs, financial responsibility, and the sustainability of any designs you are promised. They also need to have the backbone to keep everyone in line, otherwise you'll have a dozen corporate heads, myself included, clambering to talk over each other about how right we are over others."

There were definitely designs out there that beat out some of Rendili's, the Croa woman knew that, but she had to be honest there'd be others she'd be biased against and others who'd be biased against being passed over as well. Rather than simply try and make herself out as the best or try to out explain others in the meeting and make herself as the one with the right idea, she'd get the headstart. The Republic probably planned to send someone, but even if they had, she had put out the suggestion she'd prefer a level playing field for ideas which made her seem reasonable. Which she was in her opinion, and she did want a level playing field. It was safer to have the Republic run the meeting and make all the companies give a case for what they could offer than it was to try and outspeak the competition or fight for the lowest bidding. It worked out better for her anyway since she'd mostly be marketing the older designs and promising to design ships to fill out missing roles.

-- The man walked into the Center of the station that was being transformed into a Command Center for the Naval Garrison. When his Tablet beeped with the message from [member="Camellia Swift"] he looked it over. The little game of telephone was rather fun for the Vice Chancellor, compared to his battle with the Sith, fighting terrorist, and arguing with senators it was nice to go back to talking business. The Economic boost of gaining the Brentaal Trading crossroads gave the Republic some spending money, so jump starting companies into the positive and providing work was his newest priority.

-- Returning the conversation he sent the message. "Each company will be making their case in front of the Senate, the government is still relying on old tech and outsourced starships, we are looking to invest in ships within the Republic to make up the core of our naval doctrine," He paused for a second, "So far we are looking to fill our request for a new Star Defender, Standard Carrier Cruiser, Ship of the Line, and Fast Attack Corvettes, a standard Naval Complement will be filled out by Republic Companies and work to hard reset the Member Planets Economy as we are looking to provide each company with at least two contracts backed by Federal Funding."

-- He knew that if each company had the ability to win a major contract they the fighting to underbid would not be needed as there was always at least one major contract floating within the senate to approve. Competition was great for the capitalistic conglomerate of companies, but if it hurt the Republic in the long run, then it was best to just have a guarantee payout for them to fall back on and keep them in business. It also helped that smaller technologies that the Republic had would be available for the other companies to work with some of the top of the line equipment. Thus they were on equal footing of development and the Republic had some of the best starships the galaxy had available.

Lowering her gaze to Abigail's flashlight, Ella nodded and said: "Yes, that should be fine. I will be using my Lightsaber to light the way as well, but be careful so it doesn't touch you." Turning into the mouth of the temple, Ella led the way into the entrance. She slowed her pace when they just entered, lifting her Lightsaber up to the wall beside her so that the blue light of her weapon could illuminate her surroundings.

The walls were peeling, cracked and in states of disrepair, much like the outside. There were clear signs of where the temple had been damaged by rain that had swept into the temple entrance from the outside. If it was the intention of [member="Alexandra Feanor"] to try and get funding from the New Republic in order to restore the temple to former glory then Ella planned to stop it.

She did not know if the Jedi that served the New Republic were allocated a budget yet, as it had been during her time in the Jedi Order; or if their members had their own wealth allocated to them. In either case Ella preferred it if this temple was left abandoned, to rot here on Sarapin forever. As the two women looked around the temple entrance, Ella said: "So you have begun your Jedi training. Why did you start?"

Seemingly satisfied with whatever he was searching for Thane's gaze softened as he gripped Jerek's hand, giving it a customarily firm shake. "I would not mind, personally, though I do believe I would more likely be following your lead. These ruins are... Not my forte, exactly. I'm used to durasteel rooms, castles, and viewports."

Pulling his hand away he then dusted off his uniform as if being in the presence of the ruins had somehow sullied it. Very keen on his appearance, the officer folded an arm behind his back, nodding. "Blue Squadron, yes. You have been assigned to my ship, specifically, if the details were not made clear. I believe you are assigned to Commander Xantha."

On instinct, he drew a datapad which he quickly flicked through before revealing a manifest with personel files of this new 'Blue Squadron', as well as documents of their ships and other details of note. "A pleasure to meet you, Zenduu."

In a crisply mechanical fashion, Thane motioned further into the ruins, letting the youth take the lead whenever he desired.

[member="Jerek Zenduu"]

[member="Ella Nova"]

Abigail chuckled softly. "I'm a Padawan, not an idiot. I don't have any plans of touching your lightsaber, don't worry!"

Abigail shined her flashlight around, using both the light of her flashlight and the light of Ella's blue lightsaber to look around her. The temple was old and in disrepair, which shouldn't exactly have come to a surprise, considering its age.

"Why...? Uhhm. Let me think... I suppose it's just what I've always been working towards? That's how I got to where I am now anyway. But," she said, not exactly expecting Ella to be interested in her life's story," I would like to help people like some have done for me. That and I wish to expand upon my bond with the Force. But unfortunately, there's also a lot of fighting everywhere where I might be needed now or in the future... Especially with the growing darkness and everything..."

Looking around the walls as she spoke, she started to get mixed feelings about being here. She was intrigued about this place, and it's ancient history and lost glory, but she also still felt uneasy like she had done outside the temple.
"Why did you become a Jedi? Or a senator?", She then asked, curious.

"I was born in a village on Tython. When a Jedi Master called Carn Dista came through the village, he discovered that I had Force-sensitivity. After explaining to my parents that I was to become a Jedi I was sent to the Jedi Temple to begin my training. That was the last time I saw my parents."

Pausing, Ella turned around to Abigail. Lowering her Lightsaber down to waist height she created an effect where the blue light illuminated most of her body except for her face, which became darkened in the light. Lowering the tone of her voice, Ella continued to speak. "So, I was raised in the Jedi Order and became a Jedi because of this. As for becoming a Senator I wanted to help the New Republic rebuild after what had happened to the Old Republic."

"But allow me to ask you a question, Abigail. Yes, there is a lot of fighting, and a lot wrong in the galaxy, but what is it to you? Why do you want to make it your problem?"

[member="Ella Nova"]

"Ohw, I'm sorry about that. That must've been horrible", Abigail said sincerely. She knew what it was to be without parents, but not for the same reasons. Still, she wondered who would've done such a thing? They didn't still do that, right? Taking children away from their parents because of their Force sensitivity. Surely not. That had to be of a time long ago.

In the beginning, the lightsaber left a lovely light on Ella's face, but as the woman lowered her saber, her face was soon engulfed by shadows. It was... a bit strange. Yes, strange, that was what she told herself.

Abigail half expected Ella to scold the Jedi for taking her away from their parents, but she merely said she wanted to help rebuild the New Republic. It was a bit of an odd transition. The timing just felt a bit weird to her.

Finding it a bit awkward and perhaps uncomfortable how Ella kept the lightsaber low, Abigail shined her flashlight somewhat to the side of Ella, so that she could see the shorter woman's face slightly better. "I don't want to make it my problem just for the sake of having something to do as other might want to, but I seek to help people. I've helped others, and will hopefully continue doing so. I want to make it my problem if I walk along and see people harassed, taken or worse by people against who they can't defend themselves. There's so much wrong in the galaxy and if we keep turning a blind eye when we see it happening, are we not slighty wrong ourselves? Of course, no-one can be, or should be, forced into helping others, but... I want to."

"Although," she then mumbled, more to herself than to Ella," acting with a public face can be irresponsible.."

"You will make a fine Jedi, Abigail."

The hum of Ella's Lightsaber echoed between the two as they stood in the dark entrance of the Jedi Temple. In the dark the smaller woman continued to look up at the other for a few seconds longer than would be comfortable. When she spoke again, Ella's voice was still in the lowered tone, somewhere in between a whisper and speaking normally. "To be a Jedi is to be selfless, and help others even when they do not ask or even want it. But a Jedi does not do this out of the feeling of wanting to make a difference, or even out of the wanting too help, but they do it because it is what they are mandated to do."

"For example, I once saw a man being mugged on the streets of level 1234 when I lived on Coruscant. I was training under Master Ru back then as a Padawan learner. When I helped the man who was being mugged, stopping the mugger and arresting him until judiciaries could take him away for processing, I acted because I was there and saw it. It was what was expected of me."

"But a Jedi does not seek such confrontation. I did not go to level 1234 that day to stop a mugger, but I was there to explore the city, as my master had recommended I should do. Coruscant is one giant city made of billions of lifeforms, each interconnected to each other through the Force. It is an experience to immerse yourself into it's current and come to understand how life is connected to each other in such a way, although nowadays I can't even move small objects let alone feel that current once again. But I digress."

"What I am trying to say is that I did not seek what happened, but merely acted because I was there. It was an impassive response made with no emotion. Hone your instincts, follow your desires, and always act out of what you are feeling. There are many out there that do need help, Abigail, and you should go out there to seek them out so as to help them, but do it because you want too, and not because you just happened to be there at the time. Do you understand what I am saying?"

[member="Ella Nova"]

"Thank you", Abigail whispered.

Ella probably couldn't see it, but there was a bright smile on Abigail's face as Ella told her she would make a fine Jedi. That was nice of her to say, and Abigail hoped it were true.

Then there was a slightly awkward pause, which lasted a bit too long, so that Abigail had begun starting to think of something to say herself when Ella finally continued.

There was a lot of interesting things about Ella's words, and Abigail was intrigued about Ella's time on Coruscant, especially since she had visited it not too long ago. However Abigail was slightly shocked, or just surprised, when Ella mentioned she couldn't even feel the current again or move small objects.

"What made it so that you have lost your... way with the Force?", Abigail asked, a bit confused about it.

"But," Abigail responded thoughtfully," isn't it dangerous to always act out of emotion? Surely there are lots of times when it is safer and better to act and judge from an objective point of view instead of subjective. Is it not better to not be taken away by your emotions, to not become blinded by them?"

"As for if I understand... I believe I do, sort of, but you are telling me not to do what you did on Coruscant? Act because it was expected of you? But isn't helping someone in need near you just... something you do anyway? The right thing to do? If you can realistically help without putting yourself in grave danger of course."

"I do think I understand, but all of this relies on how we view the Jedi, in my opinion. Some view the Jedi, and some Jedi view themselves, as guardians or guards. They view that as their job, so of them it would be expected to help everyone they see, right? But others see the Jedi as more passive people, learning about the Force. Of course, they help people too, but they often see themselves as civilians, while I've also heard Jedi considering themselves soldiers."

"How... how do you think the Jedi should be? Civilians, learning about the Force and helping those they realistically can? Or more like soldiers, obligated to help everyone and ready to attack... enemy territories?"

She then sighed softly. "I... I don't know a lot about all of this though. I'm still fairly new so you'll have to forgive me for that. But I will do what you said, Ella. I will go out and help people. I promise."

"At the end of the war with the One Sith I was captured by a Sith called Carnifex, and I lost my connection to the Force because of what he did to me."

Another uncomfortable silence followed as the two looked at each other, only this time it was not done on purpose. The memories of Carnifex's horrific torture still bore from mental scars on Ella's psyche, even now, all these years later. She looked forward to the day that she got her revenge. Realising that she was being silent now, Ella cleared her throat and somehow pulled herself out of that dark abyss that Carnifex had once put her in to continue her conversation with the Padawan.

"There is a difference between someone being somewhere and being compelled to helping another because they are there, and something else entirely to have been there actively looking to prevent the trouble before it started. The Jedi teach their followers to be passive, so therefore a Jedi never seeks confrontation and so the trouble begins before they arrive, to which they clean up the mess. It is true that the Jedi attempt to prevent conflict when possible, but only when others ask them to do so, and not because they choose too."

"To feel and act of your own violation, without being held back, is to do things before they happen. You offer the difference between a Jedi who acts like a civilian, and one who acts like a soldier, who uses their abilities to help protect and defend. I was a Jedi Knight much like the latter, yet I was taught growing up what I just explained. This counteracts the other because those Jedi who participate in the wars that have plagued the galaxy have done so out of their own volition, which are done for the right reasons, of course, but counteracts the teachings of the light side which dictate that a follower must not seek confrontation."

"If you see the difference then you might understand what the Jedi get wrong, and what they get right. To answer your question a Jedi can be both, but perhaps, the one who fights isn't as much of a Jedi as the other who first chooses not too, and only does so when compelled too."

Breaking into a light smile, Ella suddenly lifted her Lightsaber up into the air, and her previously darkened face was once more engulfed in a ray of blue light. Turning her body to look around again, she said: "If you are serious about wanting to help then I could do with some on Humbarine, if you are interested. Though I might not be able to use the Force anymore I still remember my Jedi training. I could give you more advice, if you want it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom