Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Suyar'gam - Poet's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
lessWSZ.png

j7INpEw.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
jAL2QOU.png

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: Extreme
    • Force: Extreme
    • Other: Low
jAL2QOU.png

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber Resistance: Crafted from Beskar and Voidsteel composite layers, the armor is exceptionally resistant to damage, including lightsabers.
  • Minor Stealth: Scanner Proof when Idle
  • Force Null: Created from Voidsteel and terentatek leather as two of the three primary components, this armor creates a nullified area in the Force, rendering the wearer both invisible and highly resistant or immune to all but the Apex of Force Users and their powers.
Armor Modules & Systems:
jAL2QOU.png

STRENGTHS
  • Lightsaber Resistant: Made of beskar, voidsteel, and alchemically preserved terentatek leather, this armor is almost impervious to the signature weapon of Force Users
  • Full-Load: With the combat harness, like most of the more heavily armed Mandalorians, Ijaat is prepared for pretty much whatever may come his way, at least in some small way. Victory, no. But survival, yes.
  • Voidsteel
WEAKNESSES
  • Conflicting Functions: The camouflage functions or the shield function can only be active one at a time. It takes several seconds to adjust for one to the other
  • Limited Ammunition: The weapons on the armor are not the easiest to reload and some of them are one and done weapons (Missiles, Dart Launcher), while the others are simply difficult to reload, and impossible to do without a respite
  • Heavy Burden: Some might wax philisophical about the protection offered by such a suit, but the truth is, at twenty kilograms, this is not a lightweight suit of armor in any imagination stretch.
  • Sonic & Environmental Damage
jAL2QOU.png

DESCRIPTION

Created by Ijaat Mereel at the behest of Obran Dragr, some say this armor was done in return for a song to be composed by the Bard for the Iron Father, though none know what the words or tune are if this is true. Crafted from the finest beskar in his forges, then layered with plates of pure forged voidsteel, this armor was made to hunt Force Users. For who better than the Iron Father to know the peril his own kind represents when not of the Way? Even the bodgylove from Breshig was modified, stripped and refitted to a bodysuit of alchemically treated Terentatek leather, allowing the leather to retain it's Force nullifiying and resistance even after butchering and tanning.

As a nod to the traditional mindset of it's wearer, even calcified mythosaur bones adorn the armor, and it gleams at once like polished silver with the same color as aged ivory, a secret the Iron Father won't comment on. A fine detail most don't notice is the armor is almost entirely covered in Mando'a glyphs, detailing legends and songs from popular ones from Histories of the Mandalorian people, to ones that Obran wrote himself, armoring his flesh in the words and songs of his people to go forth under the protection of the very Manda itself.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

Very nicely made submission. However I found some problems:

MANIAC MANIAC -

Ratings Fixed.

The permissions for Breshig are in. I forgot those.

For the Hyperion tech though, neither sub says anything about a restricted or closed market. One even says mass-produced (the Power Pack) and the other is only at Limited Production. I don't see where I would need permissions to use these? I've used them for years and never been asked for one before this, Including a recent submission which you judged and that had these components included without permissions asked. I'm willing to pull them (they're redundant and can be replaced with current tech) i'm just confused at the request. I have reached out to the writer on Discord for a permission but given his occupation, it could be a few days and i'd rather not hold it up.

As for the Permissions for the Bloodtrace, I have a screenshot I can link here, but given it's an FB screencap, i'd prefer to send it to DM if that's permissible.

MANIAC MANIAC - Permission for Hyperion obtained and added, so I suppose that challenge can rest. I'd still like to have a reasoning though, so I know in the future for subs which don't explicitly state Closed Market or such affiliation, why I need permission for them.

Also, DM sent of the FB convo with the Bloodtrace author's permission.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge

Ratings are good, thank you!
Other problem, because the "Affiliation"/"Market-status" together is a new thing since 2021. January. And the rules said, if there is no "For anyone", "Open market" , etc. in the older submissions, all of them are Closed market.
And you need to post the FB message here, because possible next time other FJ will check it... And yes, I was a blind last time, and I didn't saw those are missing. I can make mistakes too.
If you don't want to put Jon's (Ashin) full name into the sub, please ask him to give a similar permission fo you: "I, Ashin Varanin give a permission to Ijaat Mereel and all of his characters, to use all of my submissions, if he create something for himself or the Mandalorian Enclave." Or similar. In this case it is enough to copy this line, and this will be ok.

MANIAC MANIAC -

First, thanks for the explanation. And not taking my tone wrong. I like to incorporate tech from various sources and eras, so I just don't want to waste time in the future. You're a gem for that.

Secondly, I managed to edit the screenshot to satisfaction all around and have included it in permissions for Jon's stuff. Thank you for also understanding my hesitation to post anything from FB.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge

That's ok, perfectly! So you can use them, just try to check the Affiliation. Where they are mention "Mandalorians" or 'Mandalorian PC" you can use them freely, because your character is a Mando. Or free to anyone, that is open market again. Etc. If you're not sure in the future, feel free to ask me here on discord.

And thank you for your cooperation and understanding! One more request, please link Obran to the Affiliation, and after that I can accept the sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom