Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mythosaur Bone

Status
Not open for further replies.

eEInvE2.png

post-16558-0-74451000-1447951799.jpg

jAL2QOU.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[
  • Intent: To create a new, but not overpowered material for Mandalorians to make armor and weapons from that is finite in amount and carries as much cultural significance as beskar does to them.
  • Image Source: HERE
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Mandalorian Steel

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Particularly Skilled Mandalorian Smiths
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Highly modular, depending on the original bones’ shape and end piece shape
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Fossilized/Petrified Mythosaur bone
jAL2QOU.png

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Mineral
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Color: Typically yellow-white with brown shades for staining, can easily be dyed and colored, though usually isn’t
  • Resistances:
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: Average(2-3 hits)
    • Other: None

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Heavy - Due to the almost fossilized, or in some cases actually fossilized, state of Mythosaur bone, it is quite heavy in mass, being near enough to beskar in these terms as to make no appreciable difference

• Lightsaber/Blaster Resistance Owing to the unique mineralization process of the bone, mythosaur bone has a limited lightsaber resistance of 2-3 direct blows before being cut through, similar in durability to Mandalorian Steel. Can deflect or disperse some weaker blaster bolts a few times before any chance of lasting damage

jAL2QOU.png

STRENGTHS

• Lightsaber Resistance
  • Blaster Resistance

WEAKNESSES

• Heavy
  • Rare/Finite Quantity
  • Extremely Difficult to work
jAL2QOU.png

DESCRIPTION
Long have the most legendary or ceremonial armors, relics, and weapons been made of the ancient bones of the long-dead
mythosaur. Any such cuirass or blade or the like is an immediate status symbol, despite perhaps more utilitarian and effective materials existing. It is perhaps, arguably, one of the few affectations where form and meaning trump functionality in the Mandalorian way of war. Well, they do so at least somewhat.

Intent: To codify and submit a canon material for Chaos so as to serve as a status symbol for the Mandalorian writers while maintaining some combat effectiveness to give it utility in PVP and PVE. Also a status symbol for Mandalorian smiths to aspire to learn to work

Last edited:
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean -

That's the trickier part. This is raw material. Would link to the Mythosaur wookie page, wherein the bones came from, be enough? It's not a unique alloy or such, just a bone of an extinct animal that Mandalorians craft armor or weapons from.

Obran Obran

I'd imagine linking the Mandalorian smiths as the manufacturer would be fine - using their wookie page. The rationale being that the bones are the material, but its the smiths who make it 'armor matieral' I suppose. That'll work for me, at least, and I can approve it right after.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean - Added the Mandalorian Armorer page (not character specific, role specific). I can also add the generic 'metalsmith' page from Wookie if you'd rather.

I also linked to the Mythosaur in the description, just as a bit of depth, and fixed some formatting I didn't notice was broken on the copy-pasta from G-Doc to here).

Let me know if that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom