Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Starbound | The Viceroyalty

Eternal Storm

E

viceroyaltybanner.png

S T A R B O U N D

Theed, Naboo

The bubbling fountains and lightly-blowing breeze of Naboo was a stark contrast to the desert winds and sands of Golbah City. As the new capital of the Confederacy, an unfamiliar spotlight had been swiveled on the small world, known for its fine architecture and rich culture. The cobbled streets of Theed too were much different from the metropolis that had been Golbah City, but those who worked and lived there bespoke of the charm and personality it had, not to mention the rich history behind every building, every street, and every stone.

But behind the grand architecture still was the same churning machine of political machinations that had existed since the founding of the Confederacy. And for today, it had been called to the surface to once more rear its ugly head for a session of debate and contention.

It was, in essence, a normal working day, by any standard for the Viceroyalty.

This session, in particular, had been convened on the behalf of the representative for Ra'Katha, the outspoken, well-known -- and for some, controversial -- Bastille Rommer. The exact reason for this convening had not been explicitly mentioned, only that there would be a vote on a significant piece of legislation. However, those who had attended a certain private excursion hosted by the Viceroy might have a clearer guess of what this meeting would be about.

As the various representatives, nobles, magistrates, and officials finished filing their way into the chambers of the Viceroyalty and took their seats, the Speaker of the Viceroyalty stood. An aging Twi'lek with prominent creases on his forehead and lekku, he was nevertheless a powerful figure, standing in the center of the chamber. Powerful too was his voice that, even if the chamber's amplification technology was not present, would be enough to command the attention of the assembled legislative body.

"Members of the Viceroyalty," the Speaker began in his slow, deep, somber tone, "this session will now come to order."

He waited for the body to fully quiet before continuing. "We are convened tonight at the request of Viceroy Bastille Rommer of Ra'Katha. The floor will now be given to the gentleman from Ra'Katha, to state his purpose and intention."

New_Project_6.gif

S O V E R E I G N

How many times, Bastille thought to himself, had he remarked on the differences between Naboo and Ra'Katha? It was only because they were so pronounced in his mind that he instinctively thought of them every time that his ship touched down on Naboo's surface, which had been occurring more and more often.

He had felt almost at home at Golbah City -- despite it being a modern metropolis, the sun and sand was a reminder of the warmth of Ra'Katha herself. But Naboo was as if a foreigner to the Viceroy and Kemotar. He was not used to the way the light refracted in the sparkling waters, the amount of vegetation, nor the fact that everything seemed to be at a slower pace than at his home planet. On Naboo, it seemed, the luxury of relaxation was taken for granted.

But Bastille afforded himself no such luxury. There was work that was needed to be done, promises to himself, to his people, that needed to be fulfilled. And Bastille was a man of his word.

Attended by only two Aran'kha of his guard, the Viceroy stood out among the crowd in the Viceroyalty Chambers as the rest of his colleagues made their way to their seats, his traditional orange-yellow robes emblazoned with the golden sun of Ra'Katha shining brightly through the chambers. He was content, for now, to be patient and wait. There was no rush, not yet.

As the floor quieted and members found their seats, the Speaker of the Viceroyalty stood and called the meeting to order. Pleased, but not surprised, Bastille did not need to wait long to speak, as the Speaker concluded, "The floor will now be given to the gentleman from Ra'Katha, to state his purpose and intention."

Bastille stood from his seat, gathering his robes beneath him eloquently as he waited for the audio amplification technology to adjust towards his position. Satisfied that he'd waited long enough, he began to speak.

"Fellow members of the Viceroyalty, as well as the various assistants, ministers, and officials in attendance, I thank you tonight for coming once more at my behest," Bastille said with an air of familial warmth to his Ra'Kathan accent, dripping from his mouth like honey. "I believe this is the first full session that we have had since our relocation to Theed, and I first wish to give thanks to our new host, the Monarch of Naboo," he said, inclining his head in sincere gratitude.

"I ask you here tonight to give authorization to an ambitious proposal, the likes of which have never been done before by our great nation, nor any galactic government to date. I speak of what has been named Project: Starbound, a shared effort between Roble Manufacturing of Fondor and Te'mansoa Industrial Works of my own planet to create a network of fast, reliable, and secure hyperlanes throughout the Confederacy and broader space."

"What I speak of is no light undertaking," Bastille said, his voice louder now, but carrying a hint of somberness and levity. "To do so would require a massive amount of material, manpower, and credits. But," he continued, using a contrasting tone to emphasize his next statement, "I am convinced that the fruits of such an undertaking will be a benefit to the defense of our systems, commerce between our worlds, and the infrastructure of the Confederacy as a whole."

Bastille shifted his stance, turning to address another side of the chamber. "The proposal of Project: Starbound will be a joint, private venture, with the authorization given by the Confederacy to chart new and safe hyperlanes through the Confederacy. Roble Manufacturing has already pledged its assets to this venture, as well as Te'mansoa the various resources needed. The project lies on Roble Manufacturing's RMST-HSY6 Ourea Hyperspace Inhibition Station," Bastille said as the schematics of the station were pushed to various personal holodevices in the chamber as well as the chamber's massive holoprojector, "as well as their currently in development scientific research vessel, which will be used to chart and maintain these new hyper routes. Both companies will coordinate with the Ministry of Commerce and various member worlds in cooperation and cohesion."

Finishing his explanation of the project itself, he turned once more to address the nature of his legislative proposal. "The legislation that I propose tonight is in essence, twofold; first, that authorization is given to the aforementioned companies to chart and maintain these hyperroutes. Second is that the Confederacy will sponsor the legality of routes that extend beyond its borders, and that its Ministry of Influence will assist in diplomatic coordination be where it needed."

"While I allow you to ruminate on this proposal,"
Bastille continued on, his voice becoming more serious, "I would like to remind my colleagues of our neighbors to the north, who with one hyperlane managed to near completely redirect trade between the Core and Outer Rim. While thankfully that threat to our economic security has been dealt with, it was a demonstration of the commerce power that the creation of hyperlanes can give. Wielding such power, I can foresee a golden age for the Confederacy."

"But shun it, and it will not be long before foreign powers once more try to take advantage of our negligence,"
Bastille added darkly. "Nevertheless, I have confidence too in that our legislative body will be able to forge a trail in the dark. I now leave this matter in the hands of the Viceroyalty," he concluded, "for further debate and discussion."

He bowed in the customary Ra'Kathan way before taking his seat, waiting for the no-doubted spirited discussion to begin. He only hoped that his words had been enough to illuminate his fellow Viceroys on the path which they should take.

So once again Vanir got to hear about this proposal. When the floor opened up he stood up. “Lord Rommer. When you hosted us at a party I asked you the same as I did then. Who will be paying for this venture? How much tax will have to be levied to pay for it and, is it fair to our people to ask them for more tithe to the coffers? Yes, better transportation would benefit, but just who benefits? Not every world will get such given to them and indeed, its not possible to give such lanes between every world. So. How do you justify such grandiose expense when it cannot, logically, benefit everyone? To build these lanes, you will risk political and civilian unrest because to benefit say, yourself first or any of us, could be seen as playing favorites. You are asking for funding, but both the cost to our people and expense in credits of this venture is… Quite much.

The Loparan Lord was all for innovation and such new lanes would benefit, but he was looking at the long term. It seemed to him this man could be edging to benefit himself first, which while understandable, was also greedy. The unrest it would cause and the cost, especially the cost, had him wanting more. It was one thing to be like ‘give me money for my grand plans’ but only a fool would jump in and vie for a thing that could easily get out of hand. He himself had put in money into his own ventures, he didn’t have the free capitol to just throw at something like this. His own world was small compared to many and what things it had to offer, none of it was mercantile of nature. They didn’t have a wide array of industry, they had to import much.

He wasn’t sure how his words, contrary and opposing as it was to this man’s idea, would do with the others. Perhaps he should have kept quiet, but all he thought of was his people and his world and the overall cost to the Confederacy in terms of how it will seem to the people, politics aside.

Caesar Kenway

C

M1xq4ds.png

D E B A T E

Time: ??:?? Hours
Wearing: Black Suit, White Shirt, Purple Tie, Confederacy Lapel Pin
Tags: | Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer | Vanir Eris Vanir Eris |

It had been a considerable time since the Minister of War had last found himself actually sitting in a session of the Viceroyalty. More recently, he had elected to utilise a more holographic presence and transmit from either his Flagship, the Hell Hound, or from his Office on Zaadja, simply for his ease. Whilst he sat in the chair allocated to him within his pod, he found his eyes drifting towards the Ord Pardron pod, and the Viceroy within.

It seemed like just a few days ago he himself sat in that pod and debated the matter of utilising the facilities on Kamino for cloning. Where once he had represented but one planet, he now spoke for far more. He spoke for the Entire Military of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, both organics and droids, both Navy and Army, including the Dauntless. Not to mention the Knights Obsidian, the not-quite militant force-user branch of the Ministry that lacked the numbers to constitute a full militant agency.

But on the same not, did the Dauntless Legion not fall under the same bracket? The difference was that the Knights Obsidian all but split out of the Military Command Structure as soon as the Force became involved. He, however, could not forget the Intelligence Agency that had once been a Ministry in-of-itself. Not to mention the Knights Obsidian that had, once, not even had a defined hierarchy other than their Dominus Prime.

For all his distaste to the shoddy placement and the seemingly pointless placement of the Knights Obsidian, he could not deny that times had changed, and improvements been made. Though he did not attend meetings and convenings such as this to dwell solely within his mind upon matters that troubled him.

He was the voice of a great portion of the Nation, and a voice that was silent was not a voice at all.

The matter at hand was not, seemingly, one he need be involved in. To an untrained eye, that is. However, to one such as himself who had held his office for a good while, he saw opportunities where he might become involved.

The first to speak was an unfamiliar face to Kenway, as most were in these times of great political instability and restructuring. Not so long ago, the Confederacy had been shaken to it's core by the Terroristic, Anarchic Nation of the Agents of Chaos, possibly the greatest hypocrites Kenway had ever seen in his many years of life. They claimed to want nothing but freedom for every planet, yet chose the nation that represented just that in it's very constitution. The very morals it was founded on were their singular message.

They then, instead of going about their ill-targeted mission as civil people and through politics, began a militant attack on the Confederacy and thus invoked the wrath of the Confederacy and the strength of it's military. The Minister of War had two primary roles when interacting with hostile, foreign nations. The first being to negotiate a peaceful de-escalation of the situation, the second being to force a de-escalation of the situation via appropriate escalation to outmatch the hostile nation. Kenway pitied the nation who invoked the secondary role.

Yet the Minister of War had once again let his thoughts stray momentarily.

The man who spoke of tax and funding for the hyperlane project was an unfamiliar face to Kenway. One he found himself moderately surprised by. He bore the marks of both a Viceroy, and one of the more politically inclined of the Knights Obsidian. It was a rare scenario in which Caesar found a non-member within their chambers that was not present to fulfil a secretarial, academic-study or security necessity.

However, as Caesar had realized prior to this meeting, times were changing amongst the Confederacy. And it was not entirely outside of the Knights Obsidian's authority to sit in and speak during a convening of the Viceroyalty. They were, after all, a branch of the Government with a purpose to fulfil. The elimination of corruption and traitorism within their Great Nation. It was not so long ago the Viceroyalty had been subject to an Inquisition against such things.

The Knight raised a fine point, however, one that had been covered in the briefing transmitted to their personal devices, if somewhat hidden and near to the end. He would not fault the man for not knowing, for Caesar himself had only just read over that portion of the briefing.

The Minister of War was next to speak, not rising from the seat within his pod. A minor gift of the authority he carried, and more to the point that he would not be debating or vividly discussing the matter amongst his associates. He found the best conversation-partner was himself, particularly when it came to strategy and politics.

"
Viceroy Rommer, you raise an interesting proposition. One that, no-doubt, would greatly benefit the economy of the Nation and it's many Business, both the Private and Public sectors. Yours being chief amongst them, I believe. I will not fault you for that, as you are, afterall, a member of the Sovereigntist Party and we are politicians. I will, however, inquire as to the security for these Trade Routes. You say you will personally fund them, yet you do not go into detail. How far does this funding go?"

"Security is not just essential for the completed hyperlanes. What about the crews who build the necessary beacons? What you propose, Viceroy, sounds to me alot like planning to build a city. You will build roads for vehicles to drive upon, a great many at that, yet who will police them? Will you fund the additions to the Sector Fleets of the Confederate Navy? Will you contract security companies to do the job? Will you fund the establishment of a separate Militant Agency? Or will you leave it to the Viceroy and Planetary Governments and their own Defense Forces to do the job?"

"Pirates and smugglers will no doubt see these new hyperlanes as free grounds to hunt and traverse. For the Navy to go out of their way to police and patrol these new hyperlanes aswell would place undue stress upon the numbers of the Fleets, aswell as it's Command Members to establish and re-define existing patrol routes and assign duties."

"This is not accounting for the work crews who will need similar protection from pirates who might seek to steal the materials or equipment. This will also place stress upon our Nation's Navy and it's Command Members, as patrol routes and allocation of duties will most certainly require modification as the project progresses."

"Need I digress further upon the matter, Viceroy Rommer? If not, I shall leave the stand open to whomever might wish to take their next word. I would like an in-depth answer on the matter of the security of these hyperlanes, throughout their production and afterwards."

With that notion, Kenway ceded the floor to the next speaker, placing his datapad on the panel near his pod. This would be a good opportunity for the Deputy Minister to learn from, whether he be here or not. There is always an angle to investigate upon, and when a matter was put before the Viceroyalty and the Presidium, it need be taken apart and examined. Only then will every angle of investigation be found.

There is never a matter where the Ministry of War is not concerned, even if it is commercial development of housing or allocation of land and the execution of a will. That is how expansive the Ministry of War is, and a testament to it's importance to Confederacy affairs.

Ol7NK50.png

kisspng-touching-eternity-fire-flower-combustion-flowers-burn-5a7b5c4164b550-04835877151803398541253.png

Bastille Rommer.

So much to be said about one man. His jaw, cut from stone. His eyes, dark and warm like the richest berry wine. His smile, inviting.

His motives; unknown.

And yet here she was, sitting inside the Viceroyalty for her first session. The Viceroy led a dual life. They often acted as both planetary Governor, Commander-in-Chief and diplomatic envoy to the Confederacy as a whole. Scarif was one such member state that bundled all the guises into one over-arching job. Hester was glad to do all of them. She had a large staff and countless administrators and civil servants who ensured she was looking in the right direction at the right time.

She enjoyed more having to guess what her contemporaries were doing with all their power. Now, stood before her, the charming Bastille Rommer was doing just that; displaying his power for all to see and admire. She smiled and listened to all the speakers. Her friend and confident, Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais , had been thanked for hosting the session on the new capital and Hester was glad she got the recognition she deserved; one fewer woman to be taken advantage of in the halls of power.

She listened to him explain the merits of the hyperlane; it would indeed bring an extra vein of commerce to distant systems. She waited her turn and motioned to speak.

"Esteemed colleagues of the Viceroyalty. I am most humbled to speak before you today. Excellency Rommer brings forth a most intriguing and, if viable, excellent proposal.
Allowing member-states to trade unabated is something I believe strongly in, especially as we focus on our own self-determination as a nation-state.

We cannot allow the work of our Citizens, loyal Confederates who with their vary being and blood bring prosperity through growth, commerce and, at times, the ultimate sacrifice, to be hindered by old-fashioned and out-dated lines of commercial transportation."

She nodded at the Minister for War, who had spoken eloquently.

"I too, however, show some grave concern over the power of a privately owned, share-holding corporation to wield such control of a Federal level project without scrutiny.
Which oversight committee would oversee this project? A private corporation running havoc, running up bills of millions of credits to be footed by the honest Confederate worker when the Excellent Viceroy himself laments Federal levies?

For one so against the idea of taxing member-states, he now brings forth a notion that would, indeed, require a heavy burden on our pockets. Why now?
Why when it his own proposal does the idea of supranational taxation appeal?"

She let her words ring in the chamber.

"Or is he simply using our coffers so that he may fill his own?"

She sat with a thud. She had fired the first shot.

illyrian300.png

PATIENCE

Piercing amethyst eyes gazed over the assembly of the Viceroyalty.

These amethyst eyes were practiced in noting the participation and absence of certain worlds. Worlds who had grown lax or content with their natural flow of commerce and security to the point where their Viceroy representations were tardy or proxied their decisions. A time or two could be understood, yet ill habit was something else entirely. So the Exarch turned his eyes to his datapad which was noting any and all Viceroys not in attendance to this meeting. Record keeping was an oddly menial task that he performed with efficient pride.

He let the datapad rest against his leg while the Speaker began the assembly of the Forum.

He listened to the representative of Ra'Katha speak and he remained in a poised silence. A single finger lightly pressing into his cheek, he nodded in agreeance with most things the Viceroy stated. It was true that the Confederacy would need an ever evolving commerce market if they were to remain a beacon of prosperity in the galaxy, and reevaluation of trade routes and hyperplanes was pivotal in this.

As the talks began, Adron listened from one Viceroy to another. His eyes looked to Vanir Eris Vanir Eris who raised valid concerns reflecting the unknown factors that lay before them.

Another to speak was the Minister of War, whose position shined as he detailed concerns of Security.

Yet, it was Viceroy Hester Shedo Hester Shedo who caused Adron's eyes to glint for a moment in realization. She raised a good point, a damned good point. She spoke her piece and that was when the Exarch rose to stand. He took a few measured steps to the main Dais where the Speaker stood. His hand gestured for the man to step back as he took his place, speaking into the link clearly.

"Viceroys." He greeted them, raising a single hand to signal for silence in the hall. Comments such as Viceroy Shedo's often led to chatters of agreeance or disapproval, yet Adron was not keen on hearing the drivel.

"When facing matters that will effect the economy and stability of our union, for better or worse, we must utilize our patience and better reason." He stated.

"Viceroy Rommer wishes to invite fresh breaths of air into our lines of commerce. I believe this is commendable and something we should ever aspire for. However, the Viceroy's proposition is scattered and little more but head thought in the present moment. As the Honorable Caesar Kenway and Hester Shedo Hester Shedo have already stated, there are many concerns with finance and security." He paused for a moment, clasping his hands behind his back as he spoke to the assembly.

"These actions need a process. The contracted companies must be properly vetted and all of the legal work must be pristine."

"I agree with the Viceroy Rommer, we should go forward with such ventures whole-heartedly, however not half-headedly."

"First. I believe the Office of the Minister of Commerce should do a
thorough study on the status of our current hyperlane trade routes. Do we need improvement? How much do we need? What can we afford to produce in this venture? What is the cost to us and the cost to those who contract to us? These questions must be answered before a single step can be taken forward. I also believe the Ministry of War and Ministry of Influence should be properly counseled on all matters dealing with Security and Public Opinion. Once the research has been done, this project can be re-presented to the Viceroyalty for our appraisal."

"If and when we do agree on such a matter. I believe contracting out such a mass construction work is simply too much for a few companies. As a Viceroyalty we can dissect the overall project into sub-projects and then award these projects to many different companies. This will ensure there is no perception of unfair awardence and it will show that we, as a nation, invite many businesses to step into government contracting." He explained to them all.

"Patience." The Exarch said, turning his eyes to Viceroy Rommer. "That is what I recommend, Viceroy. However this entire process would be a huge venture and I believe electing a project-team would be a proper step in the right direction. If at any time such a team comes about, then perhaps Viceroy Rommer can head such a thing?" He asked the group before raising his hand in a sign of his words coming to an end.

"For the consideration of the Viceroyalty."

wrappingpaper.png

New_Project_6.gif

S O V E R E I G N

Tag: Vanir Eris Vanir Eris | Caesar Kenway | Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern

Bastille listened, watched, and waited.

The Kemotar of Ra'Katha sat silent, unreadable in his booth as more and more representatives took their time, raising questions of finance and security, and even the Viceroy of Scarif going so far as to accuse Bastille of creating this as some elaborate corrupt scheme to enrich themselves. Through all of their speech, one fact was made glaringly clear:

They were all inebriated by their inaction.

Never had he seen the legislative body more complacent in simply doing nothing; even when they had served as no more than a defunct echo chamber, they had echoed cries of change and crusade. But were they now content with the mediocrity that they had descended into? Willing to put it off for another month, another year, as bureaucrats squabbled about finances and policy?

As the last speaker, the Exarch Adron Malvern, finished, Bastille rose from his seat looking towards the Speaker for permission, who nodded. "The floor is now returned to the gentleman from Ra'Katha," the Twi'lek intoned, and Bastille did not need some all-seeing Force to sense the eyes of the chamber move toward him.

"My fellow Viceroys, I will begin by saying that I perfectly understand the position from which you are coming from. There is no doubt that the concerns you voice. . ." his voice faded off as if trying to find the right word, although in truth he'd known what he would say before he had begun, "are warranted."

"But in rejoinder to what my colleagues have suggested, this is not an elaborate scheme to enriched myself, nor will it place any undue fiscal stress on any star system or even the Confederacy. In fact, Project: Starbound's funding is entirely elective; the project will be financially undertaken by both Roble Manufacturing and Te'mansoa Industrial Works. In the case that systems want to provide their own jobs in the manufacture, installation, and maintenance of these hyperlanes within their own territory, they are given that right on the condition that it becomes their responsibility to fund the portion of the hyperlane that they will construct."

"To those who ask what the role the Confederacy Armed Forces and Planetary Defense Forces will play in ensuring the security of these new routes,"
Bastille continued, "then I reply that it will be no different, nor is it in any company's hands to decide how the Confederacy sees fit to patrol their borders. If there are concerns of pirates, or marauders, exploiting these new routes, then I suggest that hypothetical situation may be a symptom of something larger than Project: Starbound."

"Exarch Malvern,"
Bastille intoned in his deep, rich accent, turning directly to look at where the Exarch, Adron Malvern, sat, "for your support and words, I am grateful. But it is action I ask for, not words." Bastille turned away from the Exarch back to the larger body of Viceroyalty. "How long have we sat, complacent, as the Presidium pushed stifling tariffs on our commerce and ruined our foreign relations with nearly every galactic neighbor? For how long, I ask, will the Viceroyalty be content to watch as the new trade routes of the Galactic Alliance continue to redirect the merchants and trade from the Confederacy?" His words rang through the chamber as he began to speak with a fervor, a fire of passion that seemed to emanate from his very being.

"There are those of you, I am sure," Bastille carryed on, his words pointed and not offering any quarter, "whose worlds do not rely on intragalactic trade. And there even might be those of you in this chamber who care not what your own citizens may suffer. But I am no longer satisfied when I see more men and women on the streets, watch as stores and warehouses are boarded up for lack of customers, read the increasing reports of merchants, as they grow more and more desperate, venturing into dangerous territory and paying for that in their wares and their lives."

"I do not propose a committee to deliberate for an unspecified amount of time. I do not propose oversight from a bureaucracy that has failed their constituents time and time again. What I propose is for a new course of action. It is not some half-baked idea or some outlandish technological prototype."
He enunciated his next words extremely clearly. "It is here that I leave this proposal into the hands of you, the representatives of your people. Give your support and your vote, and you will see the boons that will be showered upon your worlds. But vote against," his voice darkened, "and history will make a mark of those who were complacent in the further decay of the Confederacy."

With that last statement, its echoes still ringing through the hall, Bastille took his seat. He expected no less than an uproar to meet his words; for the fire they contained was hot, too hot for some to handle. But they were words that needed to be said. And if the Viceroyalty truly had the interest of the people, not their political machinations, in mind, then they would be heeded.

Otherwise, there was nothing Bastille could do to correct the course of the Confederacy.

House-Verd.png]
V I C E L O R D
Metus-Side.gif

Tag: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern , Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer , Hester Shedo Hester Shedo , Vanir Eris Vanir Eris , Caesar Kenway
Presentation: Map

Decay.

In hushed corners and within the shadows was there an abhorrent mindset. That placing the Confederacy First would somehow be responsible for the financial ruin of all. The one tasked with shouldering the burden was no fool, however. He did not wander off the streets with no insight on how the corporate or international game was played. Before ever reaching for the mantle of Vicelord, Isley had existed as the successful CEO of a Galaxy-spanning corporation. And was a prominent member on the Board of several others. Suffice it to say, when it came to keeping any business - especially a nation - thriving, the man knew what he was talking about.

This day, he sat only an arm's length away from one of his greatest allies: Exarch Adron Malvern Adron Malvern . In silence, he listened to the proposal of the Viceroy of Ra'Katha, nodding along as the gentleman laid out his plans. At face value, there was supposedly untold mountains to gain from this undertaking. The nation would prosper many times over and all would be right in the Galaxy. But to shun this proposal was to spell the doom of the nation. When the finger was pointed, the Sith's eyebrow rose ever so slightly. Inaction. Arasuum. This encouraged the Vicelord to speak. He raised his hand in response to the Viceroy's words, and waited until the Speaker had given him the floor.

"Greetings my fellow Confederates." he began, before rendering a polite nod to Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer . "I must begin by giving my heartfelt thanks to the Viceroy of Ra'Katha. His concerns and goals mirror the greatest parts of the Confederacy: a desire for prosperity for all. It is one we all share. A foundation upon which we all stand."

Posturing aside. "Now, for your consideration...66%. 52%. 33%. 22%. 21%. For those unfamiliar with those percentages - that is the level of ownership we have over five of the six Great Hyperlanes. 66% of the Rimma Trade Route, 52% of the Corellian Run, 33% of the Mara Corridor, 22% of the Hydian Way, and 21% of the Corellian Trade Spine. While introducing fair tariffs on imported goods and requiring a passport to traverse our space have been taken poorly by our neighbors, the fact remains that transit via the Confederacy is and will remain the most effective route."

"Moreover, we do not impact the transit of commercial goods going through our territory, and never have. The reactions of our neighbors have not had a significant impact on our trade, nor the wealth coming to our nation. We have simply changed our priority from outward to inward." He paused, before motioning to an attendant droid. A few words were passed to the automaton before his will was executed. In short order, a hologram of the southern systems was presented to the chambers for review, with specific emphasis on the existing hyperlanes.

"Consider Corellia. Throughout its existence, be it ancient or current, the planet has always been an economic superpower. While some of you are too young to recall, the nation had been adjacent to and possessed by a literal Sith Empire. Yet, its level of prosperity never waned. The reason why is because two of the Galaxy's greatest hyperlanes conclude on Corellia's doorstep."

"While my heart breaks to hear of the plight of the Ra'Kathan people, I cannot consider it the fault of the Presidium's directive to prioritize ourselves first. For Ra'Katha shares a reality with Corellia in that two of the Galaxy's largest lanes conclude within its proximity." He paused again, motioning with his dominant hand towards the hologram. In alignment with his movement, a pair of lines were created. A path, traveling across the heart of the Confederacy, with an arm branching off from Naboo and traveling towards Hutt Space. "I do believe that, if we are to construct a hyperlane, it must benefit the maximum amount of souls. Not every world is in a blessed position to have commerce regardless of borders, so we shall do our absolute best to ensure that this is the case."

"It is my thought that we do the following."

"I echo the sentiment of Exarch Malvern. The matter of the hyperlane should be reviewed by the Ministries of Commerce and Influence."

"I believe that, following their report, a formal vetting process of able corporations should be undertaken. The project should be opened to numerous corporations, and tax credits be offered to member worlds willing to participate."

"And, as far as paying for the hyperlane project goes, I assert that we should commit the revenue obtained from the Multi-Pass System. Just the quarter alone, we have received over 23 billion credits. For context, this is more than enough to create, arm, and staff over 150 Star Destroyers."

"I submit these thoughts to the Viceroyalty for consideration."

Metus-Top1.gif

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer | Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Vanir Eris Vanir Eris | Caesar Kenway | Darth Metus Darth Metus

Daegon sat in his pod, as usual, with his hand wrapped around that of his bride, Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus . As the plan was described and a map of the proposed hyperlanes were given, Daegon described the map to her in detail. It was not the map itself the Viceroy from Thyferra had a problem with. It was the nature of the entire proposal. Not only did the map itself move about in ways which did not make sense, but at a closer look the proposal seemed to benefit one world an one world only. There were those who spoke up to make this point, or to find the flaws in it.​
He listened. Daegon seemed to be doing a lot of listening to proposals lately. Several Viceroyals were splitting into different factions, or parties. Even the Vicelord himself seemed to lead his own flock. In purist form, Daegon found himself to be independent, siding with those who seemed to make the most sense. There was something he did find himself agreeing with, and that was the proposal of Darth Metus to wait. They already did control many of the trade routes in the Southern Systems, and it would be potentially cheaper to take the rest than build knew ones.​
Would he speak? Should he? Eyes turned to his wife before making up his mind. Squeezing her hand, Daegon stood.​
"Viceroy Rommer, you plan to solve the problems you see by giving this project to a private company? Everything about this proposal seems to reek of self-interest rather than what is better for the people. In short, I would agree with what the Vicelord suggests. Moreover, I would suggest we abandon any notion that would put one world above any other. All of our worlds have needs, and our focus here should be attending to solutions which will address them all."
With that, it was time that Daegon return to his seat.​

Metus-Bar3.png

Valeria walked through the streets of Theed thinking that it was far too warm and with not enough snow. She hadn’t been here often, mainly because she didn’t want to be. It wasn’t a fortress like Bastion where she was born nor comforting like the Chiss Homeworld of Csilla, or the world she was now Viceroy of, Nelvaan. Normally she would explore the city and surrounding area however today she was here on business. A Viceroyalty meeting had, again, been called with a request to join with no more information then that it was called by Bastille Rommer and that the legislation would be significant.​
Valeria entered the Viceroyalty chamber and took her seat at the back of the room where she promptly propped her feet up, she expected that this session would just be another annoyance as they often were for her. Honestly, she still couldn’t fathom representative democracy, to her it was nothing more than a large amount of noise for no productivity. Indeed any progress at all only occurred if the representatives got something out of the deal. Truly, the proper way to rule is by strength with noble birth being factored into status, with one individual being primarily responsible, a Monarchy if you will. The Twi’lek speaker called the session to order not long after Valeria had gotten comfortable and called Bastille Rommer up to state his purpose. Valeria had heard about him and knew a bit about him; however visually seeing him in person really did seal the deal for her, in that she hated him. He truly seemed to be what she could only term as a “peasant King”, even if he himself was not a monarch he still held a position of power and looking at him it was clear that he was likely not of noble birth, a rugged and rough body likely from some hard labor. Laughable was all Valeria could think.​
Bastille had proposed creating a network Hyperlanes with, of course, a company from Ra’katha that she hadn’t heard of and Roble Manufacturing. An interesting proposal however, Valeria couldn’t agree with him on the basis of who he was even if that was judgemental though not unsurprising. Not long after, Vanir presented his doubts and while short it did raise important questions. Then the Minister of War spoke, raising concerns over Security of the routes and, importantly, who would be paying and who would actually be doing the securing. Following him, a woman spoke point blank calling out Bastille, which Valeria couldn’t help but smirk at, though Valeria was unfamiliar with her. Exarch Malvern followed, echoing the Minister’s concerns and the woman’s and provided a potential solution which essentially involved more Bureaucratic oversight which, as neat as bureaucrats are, would likely do little. Bastille ended up standing back up to try to dispute Adron, which really seemed to amount in idle threats and provocations from what Valeria could only assume was a small man. Surprisingly, enough so that it peaked Valeria’s full attention, was that the Vicelord Metus began speaking after Bastille. Metus spoke of the hyperlanes that already existed and refuted some of Bastille’s remarks with the commerce that was brought through the Confederacy through them. He also agreed with Oversight and offered a way of paying for it. Another man spoke after Metus though Valeria was again unsure of who he was, though he only spoke a bit.​
Valeria thought that perhaps now would be as good of a time as any to put Viceroy Rommer in his place and so she stood, looking to the speaker for permission who provided it, the frost glistening off of her skin; her silvery blue eyes, piercing. As she started her speech it was noticeable that she was projecting her presence in such an imposing way but with simply words, she spoke in a truly regal way that could impress many around her, not only that but as she spoke frosty breath exited her mouth as though she were in a very cold room.​
“Viceroy Rommer, you claim that this project is for the good of your own people and yet, I can’t help but notice that your pockets would be graciously lined from this project and not only that, but then you stand to gain a future revenue stream without having to pay for the more expensive parts of the upkeep of a hyperlane even as you advocate against taxation which is where the money to pay for projects as these comes from. Further, you seek to blame others for your people’s plight even though, as the Vicelord also stated, Ra’Katha sits on two major hyperlanes and in theory should be as economically strong as a planet like Corellia. While my own planet of Nelvaan sits on one, the Corellian Run, though my people reside in luxury even though the planet had essentially no economy prior to now even as I continue to work to improve it further. So as I create an entire planetary economy with less, you seek to blame others for you seemingly being unable to bring prosperity to all of your people despite having such a prime location? This I cannot abide by and I believe that it is an attempt, along with your earlier comments, to divert attention from the fact that you believe you have found a way to line your pockets or perhaps to prop up inadequate leadership? That being said I am not against the proposal as a whole. I can echo both Exarch Malvern’s and Vicelord Metus’ earlier concerns and propositions. Oversight by the Ministry of Commerce and Influence though I do not believe something such as a project team is needed and I also do not believe it needs to be paid for by the Multi-Pass system. I also believe that the Confederacy’s Military should provide Security. There is however one major difference in my proposition: I propose that in addition to the previous points that you, Viceroy Rommer, or more specifically, Ra’Katha, foot the entire bill. Ra’Katha should pay for construction, exploration, and upkeep and would also need to pay the Ministry of War for the security it would provide, if of course you desired for security to be provided by the Ministry. Indeed, for a proposal that has the appearance of so one-sidedly benefitting you and your people; for someone so desperately seeking action, putting forth your assets is what I believe to be fair, at least for the interim until we see results at which point in time it could be revisited.”
“I provide these thoughts to the Viceroyalty for consideration.”
Valeria then sat back down and propped her feet up once again, now it was time to wait and see what the next move to be made was.​
teal123.png

Vanir stood up and spoke. “Lord Rommer, while I cannot in good conscience aid you with the proposal laid out for today, I can however aid you in terms of your people. Arbra does not manufacture, but we do have a large crop of fruit, vegetable and grain coming in, too much to feed our current population. Moreover, as the human inhabitants native to my planet were sparse, the newly built capitol still needs filling. I do not accept residents who do not have useful skills, but if you have people needing work, needing shelter and they fit my criteria. I will by all means allow them to come to Archenwood city. I will give you a reduced market price for all the food I have available.

He paused a moment to let the man digest this, along with everyone else. “I can also show you around my capitol and help you, if interested, in adopting some of the methods I employ. I cannot say if these methods will all work on your world, but at the very least it should help with jobs and perhaps, a myriad of other things. I am used to working with what I have along with protecting the stability of the planet along with the needs of my people. Your people are suffering, for whatever reasons they are so and it is our duty as a whole to help. That is, I believe, what it means to focus inward for the benefit of those we serve, is it not? I would be honored to offer what service I can, something we can discuss in private, should you wish.

Arbra had about a few hundred thousand people now, not even a quarter of his target population for the first living square that was shifted around for building upon. He knew how many people his world could support as residents, before it started impacting the environment. Once all those slots had been filled, he would not be accepting new residents. One of the main reasons why his world had virtually no crime was because of the subtle, but extensive security systems and surveillance. Petty and consistent crime, saw the person and their property sent on the first shuttle out. Anyone caught trying to return was blocked. This was why the shield around his world was so useful.

He was also slowly saving money and making money to fund a more extensive starbase to funnel traffic through for ease of inspection as well as keeping out that which was not welcome. Taking in some of Bastille’s people would add more labor because he was slowly trying to phase out the droids. Right now he had more droids filling positions that could easily be filled by people. He needed entertainers, writers, artists of all kinds and not just security or other kinds of everyday labor. So really, this was incredibly good luck. Providing the man was willing to take his offer and discuss things in private.

He hadn’t heard anyone else willing to make such an offer like his. Of course, now that he had been the first, others might as well. The man might not get what he originally wanted, but his people would get the aid that they needed. If he turned him down, then it probably was either due to pride or because he had tried to manipulate the gathered personage into funding his venture. He wondered what he would choose.

Equipment: Formal Attire, and a can do attitude

Adron Malvern Adron Malvern Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer Hester Shedo Hester Shedo Vanir Eris Vanir Eris Caesar Kenway Darth Metus Darth Metus Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée

Draconis hurriedly strode through the palace as he was now doing his best to make up for lost time. He was late.

Very, late.

In between the various meetings going on in the Surric System over the recovery of the system, military training schedules and matters, and his own personal physical fitness routine just so he could stay in such fantastic shape (and blow off steam) he'd totally forgotten about the Viceroyalty meeting. And while Draconis normally was one to brush them off as unimportant, as the needs of his system were currently much more pressing, he'd seen a trend impossible to ignore in his own people.

They were planning to re-elect him. Something that Draconis had never in his wildest dreams would have assumed that they would do.

The very thought, the notion that someone, anyone, let alone his own people thought he was managing the position of Viceroy well enough to stay, but banish the thought of re-election. Sure he'd made great strides in his people's recovery, he'd always put their needs first, and had been a champion for their recovery both in security and safety, and quality of life.

Which explained why Draconis was rushing along the halls of the place trying to quickly get to his seat as possible. If he was going to be a proper Viceroy, it was time to act the part and partake of more than a single meeting when time allowed. He had to represent Surric's intention's on the galactic stage after all. And he refused to allow for something as paltry as being late stop him. Right before he was about to enter one of his aides began whispering with another as they were speed walking, both of them furtively going back and forth before Draconis interrupted them.

"What seems to be the problem gentlemen?"

"Uhm sir, we seem to have lost your announcement audio file,"

"........ my what now?"

"Your scripted announcement to let the rest of the chamber know you've arrived sir,"

Draconis had to simply stop and look at them. While he was listening in on what was being said in the chamber right now he had to take a minute to realize what the man was saying. He hadn't really considered that before either, since if he did arrive he was one of the first few to ever show up. And while he noticed that different viceroys had different people announce them, he never thought it was pre-recorded. They were right before the double doors to his seat too. No time. He decided to improvise.

******​

From beyond the door those close enough would be able to hear as Draconis began his improvisation.

"Here, just take my communicator and hit random.... nono just hit random. Ready, three, two, one-"

The doors would slam open as this music played across the majority of the hall while Draconis stood in stunned silence at the results of his fool hardiness. He would then step into the seating area and speak to his aid.

"Just.... just shut it off. Well that didn't work,"

As Draconis would listen to the closing arguments he would wait a few minutes for people to say their pieces. This was certainly quite the entrance to one of his first ever sessions as a viceroy elect which would be possibly re-elected. After waiting a few moments, Draconis would stand and take off his overcoat, and then his vest. And then he would signal his request to be heard.

"Fellow members of this Viceroyalty, friends, ladies and gentlemen of our glorious Confederacy, I, Viceroy Elect of the Surric System do wish for my voice and the voice of my people to be heard to offer a solution,"

He would patiently await for acknowledgement of the speaker before speaking.

"Fellow members of this assembly, may I first ask for your forgiveness on my tardiness for this meeting. Between multiple matters appearing in the Surric System requiring my attention, matters of the Surric Local Defense Forces, and my own personal fitness, time got away from me. I do not wish to use this as an excuse, and as such do beg your forgiveness," He would bow low in acknowledgement of his failure, but his pause would only be short "And for this, as in this stuffy shirt I find it much more difficult to not only express my and my people's intentions, but to think. So to get my point fully across, I must doff this temporarily,"

And with that he would unsnap his shirt and with a twirl would place it overtop of his coat. Finally free of the last oppressive bit of clothing, Draconis would take a momentary stretch, before beginning his speech.

FMA-Armstrong-Creations.jpg

"Fellow members of this assembly I believe this to be an absolutely wondrous idea! Such forward thinking in times such as this, as to constantly strive to improve your own place is such a noble cause. Think of all of the increased commerce we can create, all of the jobs for people that will surely come from such an endeavor. My traps, deltoids, and biceps are absolutely quivering in jubilation! My pectorals, abdominals, and triceps are flexing in anticipation! What a glorious project for our glorious Confederacy! My friends, I beseech you that we do not take the attitude of asking questions, with the intent to demand answers, but let us suggest solutions for possible problems that we can see! Let us not look at this with the potential of a problem, but see it as an opportunity for all to benefit. In fact I shall submit this suggestion here and now, that we not only approve this project, but we add the incentive that Roble Manufacturing would act in its, and therefore our, best interests! How do you say? With a stimulus package of course! I suggest we allow this body to authorize a deficit expenditure for the sole purpose of job creation. And I say we make an offer to Roble and TIW that they, without a massive loss of sense, couldn't possibly refuse. Let us use this stimulus package to offer them the chance to save on costs associated this endeavor, if they in return hire local companies to do most of the ground work. This would not only save them millions of credits in shipping and fuel alone, but also in the transportation of manpower, droids, materials, and paying for all of this to be outside of their normal operating space. And members of the viceroyalty, who better to ask then the companies who already live and work in your various sectors. From Freebirds Industies, Locke & Key Mechanics, Leviathan Ring, and many many more we have plenty of companies with not only the means, but the ability to provide the most efficient utilization of a sector's resources to support such a wondrous endeavor. And with Roble Manufacturing overseeing the construction to standard this would allow for all parties to be satisfied. This is why I, Draconis of the Surric System, will offer a 15%, no 30% coverage of whatever the bill comes to in the Surric System! And how will we pay for such an endeavor? By the creation of jobs in each system! This would allow us to reap the benefits of more workers working, and then spending money and paying taxes right away rather than us waiting for this project's completion. Surely the massive spike in workers working in the Confederacy would generate a substantial income to pay off this expenditure rather quickly? And by us overall increasing the percentage of people working, we shall be able to increase our spending power, and either offer more benefits, decrease taxes, or whatever the members of this viceroyalty choose to do. This is why I beseech you members of this body, let us not only approve of such a great project, but let us incentivize Roble Manufacturing to utilize the resources available in such a way that we all benefit. Let us flex our great economic and technological muscles together, to build a greater Confederacy for all to live in!"

Finally done Draconis would begin relaxing, knowing that he'd subconsciously been flexing the entire time. He didn't know why it managed to clear his thinking, or allow him to speak with much greater clarity, but it did. And if it did, to him it was something he'd have to do to ensure his, and his peoples', voices were heard. He would begin putting his shirt back on, and his other attire, before sitting and watching the rest of this assembly.

He hoped his words would help clear the air, and possibly inspire a few people to come up with answers of their own. Draconis didn't exactly hate people who asked a lot of questions, but he found the state of mind to be lazy and only slightly helpful. He was a military man after all, and in his line of work, you had to ask the questions and then answer them rapidly. If you just dallied too long on the asking of questions and no one stepped up to offer suggestions, nothing would be done. And this proposal would solve most if not all of the issues brought forward. Local companies would know the best way to utilize this new network, where exactly to place these stations. The most efficient use of manpower and credits so that way not only was the job done well and to standard, but also expediently and with innovation.

maxresdefault_2.gif

D I R E C T O R

Tag: Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer | Vanir Eris Vanir Eris | Caesar Kenway | Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Draconis Sederius Wolf Draconis Sederius Wolf

The flight from Fondor to Geonosis was longer than Alban had anticipated. Of course, that small lapse had to be forgiven. It was, after all, his first-ever visit to the capital of the Confederacy. That fact was somewhat surprising, most of all to himself. The Confederacy was one of his largest customers, and he'd never even called them at home?

At the very least, he surmised, he'd have to make his debut worth the while.

Blue swirls of hyperspace flitted past the viewport while Alban sat in the private suite of the yacht that was ferrying him from his homeworld to the Viceroyalty session. In his ear, deftly concealed, was a link to one of the most powerful artificial intelligence known to Roble Manufacturing, personally encoded by Alban himself; HANS, Alban's assistant and in some ways confidant.

"The session is continuing to procede," HANS's programmed Coruscanti accent reported, breaking the silence. "I've compiled a detailed analysis of every speech; their content, the importance of the speaker, their reception, the political power of their planet, their standing in Confederacy politics, and other criteria."

Alban nodded to himself, making mental note of what his artificial intelligence had said. "Who's on right now?"

"Rommer, Sir," the artificial intelligence responded.

Alban's response was interrupted by a sudden jolt as the ship reverted to realspace. In place of the blue maelstrom of hyperspace sat the tiny, idyllic world of Naboo. "Good to hear the man hasn't died from boredom yet," was Alban's sarcastic reply. "Issue a private message to his comm. I'll be there shortly."

As the yacht continued down the well, Alban scrolled through a secure holonet display emanating from a handheld projector, set on the surface of the low table in front of the lounge that he sat on. Schematics of different stations and ships flitted past as Alban dragged his finger through the display, along with different proposed maps, communications from research and development teams, a recent manifest of the Ando facility's production levels. "The Viceroy of Nelvaan has been given the floor," HANS injected into the silence, and looking up, Alban made a pinching motion to close the holodisplay.

"Patch me into the proceedings," he asked, and soon enough the live audio proceedings were being played into Alban's ear. He wasn't able to catch all of it, Naboo's gravity well distorting the transmission, but he knew that anything he didn't understand would be translated into basic from electronic babble by HANS.

The ship landed as the words from Nelvaan's Viceroy played in Alban's ear. Very pointed words from someone who apparently hadn't listened to the proposal, Alban thought with a wry twist of his mouth; the Viceroy's 'counter' was almost identical to the initial proposal that he and Bastille had drafted. Abruptly, he cut the feed -- he didn't need to listen to any more pointless banter -- and called up HANS as he stepped from the yacht to the interior of a closed speeder.

"Alright, HANS, tell me what's up," Alban started into his earpiece as the speeder began to accelerate towards the chambers of the Viceroyalty.

"General consensus is estimated to lean in opposition towards the proposal. May I suggest an alternative, sir?" The artificial intelligence asked with every bit of politeness. Alban nodded.

"Hit me with it."

"Uploading revised strategy and proposal to your holopad, Sir," HANS stated, and Alban thumbed his hand-sized pad, keying past the security measures to see the revised proposal immediately pop up. "I've edited it to include your normal inflection and brevity," the artificial intelligence continued as Alban read through it. "Based on current meeting proceedings and past voting patterns, it is difficult to construct a fool-proof plan. But, according to my permutations, this should be guaranteed to perform better than what is currently implemented."

Alban nodded. "Send this to Rommer, and tell him to wait off of the response for this one." The speeder arrived at the ornate chambers of the Viceroyalty, the side door opening for Alban as he stepped out into the bright sunlight of the temperate Naboo day. "Mr. Roble has arrived."

Two TVX-16S Cylai-type Security Droids flanked either side of Alban as he passed through the grand entrance hall and came into the door in the chambers, pausing. Even through the massive wood-and-steel doors, he could hear the bickering from within. That would not do, to have attention that should be placed on him focused elsewhere. "HANS," Alban said into his earpiece. "Inform the speaker I've arrived."

Within the chamber, a level of pandemonium had ensued, the assembled legislators and audience stirred into a semi-craze by the impassioned and half-clothed speech from the Viceroy of Teyr. But despite all the noise, the Speaker's commanding voice easily penetrated the commotion. "This session will come to Order," the Twi'lek commanded, enunciating the last word with a single strike downwards of his staff of office, sending a silencing echo reverberating through the chambers. An aide whispered into his ear, and after a moment of deliberation the Speaker spoke once more to the now-quieted room. "The floor will now be given too. . ." the Speaker turned towards the massive entrance doors, "Alban Roble, Chairman and Director of Roble Manufacturing."

The heads of the Viceroyalty turned as the massive doors swung open to admit Alban and his two escort droids, and the room was deafeningly quiet as the proceeded from the entrance towards the center of the chamber. At the center, facing the Speaker, was a single podium that Alban had been told was usually reserved for visiting dignataries or judicial witnesses. Alban was neither, but he appreciated the thought.

Arriving at the podium, Alban took a moment to pause and take out his holopad, setting it atop the stand before folding his hands together, resting them next to the daias. He looked around the room before beginning. "I was made aware that there was some kind of. . . meeting going on here," he began nonchalantly.

"Look," he said, holding up his hands in a sign of non-agression. "I know you people are wary about where you want to spend your hard-earned credits. I get it. You want to make sure that this investment isn't waisted. You have questions you want to ask, you want to see how well I and my company can stand up against political scrutiny." He indicated with a hand towards himself. "Well, I'm here."

"Ask away."

kisspng-touching-eternity-fire-flower-combustion-flowers-burn-5a7b5c4164b550-04835877151803398541253.png

Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer Vanir Eris Vanir Eris Caesar Kenway Adron Malvern Adron Malvern Darth Metus Darth Metus Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée Draconis Sederius Wolf Draconis Sederius Wolf Alban Roble Alban Roble

Hester felt the room undulating. The focus was moving from speaker to speaker, Exarch to Vicelord to Speaker to Viceroy to Exarch to Speaker to Viceroy, round and round. The Vicelord himself had proposed an altogether different plan, one that might cost more but make great strides in cross-CIS infrastructure. It might just suit her purposes.

And then, the unmistakable swagger of Alban Roble commanded her focus.

The most eligible bachelor in the Confederacy had made his presence known and Hester tossed her hair involuntarily, something she chastised herself for immediately. The last thing she wanted was political opponents knowing that the presence of a handsome man might distract her. She strengthened her resolve. She listened to him address the Session. He was certainly confident. She motioned and stood.

"Mr Roble. We are very glad to have you here at the Session of the Viceroyalty. We hope you find our democratic institution hospitable ."

She looked at Bastille for a moment. He had played a powerful and risky game with the Viceroyalty. Somebody more pedantic would have insisted Mr Roble's appearance be rejected, on the basis of a lack of forewarning to the assembled Viceroys. However, Hester didn't mind at all.

"Mr Roble. This joint venture, headed by your own corporation, is an elaborate venture that seeks to, excuse the pun, navigate some difficult lanes of governmental bureaucracy. The data work, presentations, oversight, planning, the obtaining of permits, security, labour costs, infrastructure improvements. There is a reason why this sort of undertaking is left to the government who employs hundreds of thousands of civil servants to enact such a project. Tell me candidly..."

She locked eyes without moving.

"What do you get out of this? All of this work the Excellent Viceroy from Ra' Katha is proposing. What do you and your company and shareholders get out of this? What is your motivation? The Viceroyalty isn't just concerned with money and logistics. We are here to ensure the ethical integrity of our government, and its dealing, is upheld. A vote for this is a vote of confidence in your company. How would you use this to your benefit, Mr Roble? Why this contract? Why this project?"

She watched for a moment.

"I yield the floor to Mr Roble. "

She sat, gently crossing her right leg over her left, an elbow poised on the arm of her chair.

maxresdefault_2.gif

D I R E C T O R

Tag: Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer | Vanir Eris Vanir Eris | Caesar Kenway | Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Draconis Sederius Wolf Draconis Sederius Wolf

The first line of question that Alban pleasantly received was from a stunning Viceroy who had hair that was as fiery as the sun. Hester Shedo certainly was a striking figure, not only in her form-fitting dress but with her level of eloquence and skill in oration. If what met the eye wasn't enough, she certainly was able to command attention with her voice.

But Alban wasn't a twenty-something bachelor that only cared about what happened inside the bedroom. He was a business figure -- no, leader -- who was determined to sell his product and make his profit. No matter the cost, and despite all the odds. And to that extent, he was more than willing to butt heads with the Viceroy of Scarif.

Or, hopefully, not ruffle any feathers at all.

The attention of the chamber turned back to him after Shedo yielded the floor, and Alban took a moment to let the audio-amplification tech adjust to his position before responding. "Viceroy Shedo," he began, looking directly at her and lifting his arm in a gesture towards her, "you raise a fair question that I expected would come. What do I, or more accurately Roble Manufacturing get out of this? Well, let me tell you."

"I, for one, am interested in the well-being of the Confederacy, perhaps even more so than others in this chamber,"
he said, a statement that probably was more pointed than diplomatic, "because I'm a businessman. I do business, and it just happens that the Confederacy is my business. If our infrastructure is crumbling, how am I supposed to receive shipments from my supply worlds or ship out merchandise to customers? What do you think happens to my stocks, my insurers if the safety of our facilities cannot be insured?"

"What I'm trying to say is,"
Alban continued, trying to make his tone more consular, "The Confederacy fails, Roble Manufacturing and I fail. That's why I'm willing to make this investment into the future of the Confederacy. These new hyperspace inhibitor stations will only cost a fraction of what it would normally cost to install and maintain the other alternative, S-Thread Boosters, or the time-consuming option of charting spindling, inefficient routes around natural hazards."

He nodded, finished, but then HANS whispered into his ear. "You have to yield the floor, Sir."

Acting as if nothing had happened, Alban added in the last part. "I now yield the floor."

Hester smiled. She liked it when people were honest. It meant the field was level for playing at last. It meant she could do a little less guessing and a little more thinking without the taint of doubt infiltrating her processes.

He cut quite the figure in this somewhat dreary arena. Theed was still, quite possibly, her least favourite place in the Galaxy and she made as little effort to travel here as she could muster. However, her commitment to the democratic process was nearly as wholehearted as her commitment to ensuring her own balanced viewpoint was based on the singular thought that drove her; self preservation.

She nodded gracefully, appearing to give her silent consent to Roble. Rommer was one thing but Roble was an open-slate, ready to be dissected and scanned. She admired him, his ethic and his plan. It wasn’t totally outrageous. Almost worth throwing her weight behind.

RedDiv.png

S T A R B O U N D

Tag:

The Viceroy of Ukio observed in silence.

Since ascending to the mantle of Overliege - albeit unwittingly - Agravain had been tasked with the wellbeing of his world and her people. Compared to the corporate magnates present in the chamber, Ukio was an unassuming world. It did not feature vast factories. Nor did it dance in the game of credits as frequently as its peers. This was due to Ukio's identity as an agriworld. No matter how the Galaxy turned, they would require the fruits of their hands just as much as Thyferra's bacta. If not more so. Thus, Ukio was no stranger to prosperity. It was no stranger to those who would attempt to line their pockets with credits. It was no stranger to the way the game was played, even though it only partook as necessary.

Thus, Agravain was silent.

He watched as the Viceroy of Ra'Katha pitched his plan. He read between the lines, same as his fellows, about the advantages it would present to the world. Certainly, there would be benefits for all in the long run - but the ones which would benefit the most were those suggesting the notion. His peers, for the most part, picked up on this...or, they flexed enthusiastically while presenting their thoughts. Then, the corporate representative of the venture stepped forward to answer questions - and was promptly asked about motive. A symbiotic relationship was presented as the justification: if the Confederacy fails, so do I. Seemingly noble. With the line of questioning concluded, the Viceroy pressed the button on his pod which alerted the speaker to his intent to speak.

"The floor recognizes the Viceroy of Ukio."

Agravain rose, his robes sweeping in the process. "Esteemed fellows." he began. "We have been given much to consider, and I do believe that the time has come to decide. I would like to call a vote on the original proposition made by the Viceroy of Ra'Katha." Perhaps it was early. But Agravain had heard all that he needed to regarding the proposal. The Speaker nodded accordingly.

"Do we have a Second? A third?"

New_Project_6.gif

S O V E R E I G N

Tag: Alban Roble Alban Roble | Vanir Eris Vanir Eris | Caesar Kenway | Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Draconis Sederius Wolf Draconis Sederius Wolf

Bastille had to admit that although Roble was not a politician, he certainly had all the flamboyance and skill for theatre that were the marks of a great one. He'd been alerted to the businessman's arrival a good degree of time before his colleagues, and thus had not been among them in surprise when he had made his grand entrance. It certainly had been grand, though, and it also certainly had thrown the chamber off-guard.

Now all of those who were so sure of their control at the moment and their opposition were beginning to reconsider at the frankness and clarity that Roble offered. Shedo, Scarif's Viceroy and the one who had accused him of creating this as an elaborate scheme to enrich his own pockets, seemed to be reconsidering her position after Roble's honest answer. It also helped that the one who was seducing the seductress had a degree of attractiveness himself.

But then the Viceroy of Ukio, a man Roble did not know nor had seen, spoke and suddenly called a vote. Bastille's eyes turned towards him, his outward expression unchanged but his mind working overtime. Did this man want to see the bill passed? Or was this vote a sly calculation to draw it into the sunlight before its time?

If this was that sort of ploy, then Bastille's next move would play directly into the man's hands. But a show of weakness would be even worse for Starbounds future. And so Bastille had no choice. "I second this call to vote on the original proposition," he called standing before sitting once more. The Speaker nodded solemnly and looked around the chamber, waiting for a third.

Metus-Bar3.png

Valeria watched and half listened to the Viceroyalty following her. It was quite obnoxious to her as a whole, one had entered with music though it didn’t really fit and for some reason he was soon taking his shirt off, truly pitiful. Once the shirtless loon had ceded the floor, Valeria watched as Alban Roble, the head of Roble Manufacturing, made an appearance. The puppetmaster was relatively bold to walk in but he did ask for questions from the Viceroyalty. The only one that took him up on the offer so far was Viceroy Shedo as most, including Valeria, knew that it would just be question dodging and offering false pretenses though it was good that the woman inquired into his intent. Alban’s response was that of fake nobility, truly allowing those to see his true intent, saying that if the CIS failed he too would fail, even though anyone who’d ever done business knew you could easily move a corporation to another planet outside of CIS borders.
Then the Viceroy of Ukio took to the floor, a man Valeria hadn’t really known had existed prior to now, calling for a vote. Valeria knew the vote was early and while the Ukio Viceroy’s intentions were however Valeria knew that it could put the proposal out in the snow, uncovered and ready to frozen to death, since it was possible that most of the Viceroyalty would vote no simply because they felt it hadn’t been debated long enough. The Speaker then asked if there was a second and third to confirm the call to vote. Valeria watched as Bastille seconded the vote, after all if he had opposed it then it would be the opposite of the action he was claiming to call for. Valeria decided to be the third to call for the vote, though she’d decided to vote against it more because of who created it then on the actual merits of the proposal, and stood.
“I third this call to bring a vote for the proposition.”
The Speaker nodded in affirmation and Valeria sat down once more.
teal123.png

Eternal Storm

E

viceroyaltybanner.png

S T A R B O U N D

Tag: Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer | Vanir Eris Vanir Eris | Caesar Kenway | Hester Shedo Hester Shedo | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Draconis Sederius Wolf Draconis Sederius Wolf | Alban Roble Alban Roble

"Very well," the Speaker said as the third Viceroy confirmed the call for a vote. Standing, he drew his robes of the office around him as he once more addressed the floor. "Presented before the Viceroyalty by the representative of Ra'Katha is a bill that will enact the following: First; it will give authorization to the companies Roble Manufacturing and Te'mansoa Industrial Works to construct new hyperlanes through Confederacy space and systems. Second; it will require both companies to work and coordinate this construction with the Ministry of Commerce and various affected member worlds. Third; it will give the Ministry of Commerce the responsibility of diplomatic coordination concerning routes that may extend beyond the Confederacy's borders. Fourth; the funding, maintenance, and construction of these hyperlanes will be the sole responsibility of the corporate parties involved. For clarification, this means that all jobs and work agreements with systems will be settled privately between the companies, Ministry of Commerce, and the concerned system as part of the stipulations in sections two and four."

The Speaker was finished giving an overview of the proposed legislation. "This assembly is now called to vote. On your private datapads, you may vote yay, nay, or abstain. Once a period of ten minutes for personal deliberation is over, the votes will be tallied, the result called, and this meeting will be adjourned."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom