Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Rebels: Jedi Night/DUME

For those who have seen the accompanying episode, DUME, I wish to propose something. While Kanan may be dead as we know him, I'm highly suspicious of that huge lothwolf that Ezra encounters.

1. Right off the bat, it calls itself Dume (that's how my TV's closed captions spelled it when it said I AM DUME)

2. The fur color, and eyes are suspiciously similar to Kanan's.

3. The marking on its forehead is the same as the one that Kanan had on his pauldron the first two seasons.

4. The credits for the episode list this wolf's voice as "The Force". Again, suspicious. Only time before something like that was when trying to disguise the actor for Fulcrum no. 1 (Ahsoka). And under such heavy modulation, I suspect it could very well have been Freddie Prince Jr.

I've always been sort of candid about my issues with Rebels, but Jedi Knight/DUME were the two episodes I decided to watch after I swore the series off and to be honest they're probably the best produced to date for the series, especially because it ups the stakes and makes the Empire look like, well, the Empire.. Rebels always had and still has sort of wonky writing (I suspect it's because it's still being targeted at a younger demographic than something like CW [Not gonna open that can of worms!]) but it was still enjoyable to watch, and yeah, Kanan's sacrifice was practically poetic. I'm intrigued as to where they'll take the story from here for the final few episodes. Hera adding him to the kalikori was a really nice touch too, and while Chopper and Zeb drive me absolutely insane it kinda got me to see them emotional too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom