Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Staff No Longer Judging PvP Threads

The Annihilation was the best focal point to use as a shift in philosophy, so Val and I got to kicking the ol’ ball around and I’m putting some ideas into action.

1. We’re not going to be judging PvP threads anymore. This involves Invasions and Annihilations. However it resolves is up to the MFOs involved.

2. Attempts to coerce or bully, in voice or documentation, the end result of a pvp thread will result in a dismissal from Star Wars RP.

3. An Admin can be sent to mediate but will not make a decision and may leave if they feel their time wasted.

We’re gonna test this out for 3-4 months, happy hunting.

Oh and we’re disestablishing the RPJ role entirely.

Interesting... I can understand why you'd want to test it. I'd normally be sceptical of something like this working, but so far I've seen people work well and be surprisingly agreeable on here. Great community, so it may work.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
Hm… that’s an unusual approach. laissez fair in the extreme. It could work.

I can see this forcing players to focus more on collaborative narrative rather than gaining rewards. Not that either is bad or good, but it’s an interesting approach.

Clan Bral Verde | HSC Howlrunner | Mercenary
I've found that the MFO's are generally agreeable, besides some historic examples. This may also cutback on attempting to take away imaginary map pieces from someone you don't like, since the results are determined diplomatically between the two factions and no longer by a third party. On one side this means there might be a downtick in the potential for invasions whose purpose is malicious. On the other, I think this means less invasions are started overall. Perhaps that will be a good thing.

The overall increase in cooperation between parties is always a good thing. It's not winning to drive people away from the board either because they feel targeted or that someone else won based on favoritism. All RP threads, even the competitive ones, are cooperative in nature and due to that, all competitive threads should be in the spirit of both party's enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom