Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choking back a half sob, half sigh, Avalore nodded.

"I think I knew that already... makes sense, doesn't it? You deserve peace. You shouldn't have to stay."

Avalore looked away, too, her mind drifting back to Coruscant, "I asked to talk to her while I was there. Daella. But she wouldn't come. I was going to yell at her, blame her for your ... try to make her see reason to what she was doing. Force I'm stupid," she shook her head, "she probably would have killed me for it."

[member="Diana Moridena"]

Cedric Dorn

C
“No.” Diana said ruefully, slowly shaking her head. “She has doubts, Avalore.”

That was a powerful revelation, especially coming from Diana, the woman who had killed herself because of Daella's betrayal, because she had lost her friend to the thing she had fought against all of her life. “She thinks she's doing the right thing, but as they go on. As the Sith press she's starting to see the Dark Lord for what he is.”

Diana knew this. She knew this because she knew Daella, because like Avalore, Hal, and Mara, Diana had been watching Daella. She had been following her and observing her and had seen the wavering doubts within the Dark Lord.

As the One Sith grew more brutal and determined, extermination becoming regular for them, Daella questioned. Her cold logic driving her to a decision.

She was close.

"I..I have to..It's." She stumbled, wise and powerful force ghost Diana stumbled over her words. "It's the last thing i have to do."

Avalore swallowed and turned an uncertain frown over to Diana.

A Sith Master having doubts? She supposed that wasn't inconceivable. After all, she'd been questioned by a Sith who had run off crying at the first notion of sacrificing family for peace of mind.

"Well," she began, lifting a hand to pass it through Diana's nearest spectral arm, "at least she can't hurt you if you're wrong?"

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana looked at her arm.

She didn't have the heart to tell Avalore that if she was wrong, she could likely suffer for it for the next two or three eternities by being bound to some lesser Sith Lord. That would only hurt her, make her doubt.

There was no room for doubt. So instead she smiled at her apprentice, shaking her head as if to agree with her. Then she looked back at Avalore.

“I'm proud of you for what you've done with this temple.” Words of encouragement, words that were equaled by a smile of pure joy. “Keep on this path, I know you'll make a great Master of the Order one day.”

"Oh Di," Avalore snorted lightly, face screwing up under the pressure of withheld emotion and tears, "you and I both know I'll never be a Master and I'm more than OK with that."

She sniffed, "But this is my home now and I'll do my best to keep making you proud."

Cedric Dorn

C
“I think you might be wrong on that.” She tried to touch Avalores cheek, forgetting her limitations.

Her ghostly palm passed through Avalore face and her head, inflicting a slight scrunching of the dead womans nose and mouth. That was frustrating about being a Force Ghost, she couldn't interact, couldn't touch or pick things up. Which was unfair really since Sith Ghosts got to do all of those things.

“I believe in you, so do many others.” She said it with a smile. “How are they all?”

She referred to the Jedi in general. She could see them, observe them, but Avalore would know better.

Smirking, because humor would always be her fallback to any sort of seriousness, Avalore shook her own head and made a mental note to firmly deny any formal Master promotion that should come her way. Much like most people, Avalore Eden hated being proven wrong.

"Well enough, I suppose. As well as Jedi can be, really. They aren't a terribly happy sort and I live with the equivalent of a Jedi Toad, constantly croaking the code and tenants, but it could always be worse. Sooner or later they're going to learn to appreciate my humor."

Cedric Dorn

C
“Hal.” Diana said somewhat fondly.

The two of them had never really spoken much, but Diana remembered Hal. They had been brought up on the planet of Tython together, in the same class so to speak. Yet whereas Diana excelled and pushed herself during the war with the Sith Empire, Hal chose to study and learn instead.

Sometimes she thought that he had made the wiser choice.

One that might have saved her life had she made it.

“I'm sure eventually your humor will be as renown as my novels.” She smiled at her apprentice, though suddenly she seemed to face ever so slightly. “Only a matter of time.”

Avalore chuckled, "Gonna have to come up with a secret name for my humor then? Edalen Vaore?" She grinned.

"Someday I'm going to name something after you. Not sure what, but I promise it won't be a womprat."

Cedric Dorn

C
[member="Avalore Eden"]

“Maybe an Academy.” Diana said with a smile. “I'm sure you'll have that power when you become grandmaster.”

She winked at Avalore, and noticed a wisp of herself floated away as she did so, and a look of concern draped over her features. Diana looked at Avalore for a few more moments, just enjoying the sight of her apprentice grown to such heights.

Perhaps she had not made too many mistakes.

“I have to go now Avalore.” There was a sadness in her features, but also a sort of joy in her eyes. Ghostly hands reached out to take Avalore's.

"A what? No..."

Avalore shook her head. Not that Grandmaster crap again. Why did everyone say that to her? They were all crazy, all delusional, all-

"...oh," a sudden pang of worry and fear wedged itself within Avalore's chest. She immediately wanted to ask her not to, but something told her this wasn't Diana's choice. Perhaps she had matured, after all.

"...no," Avalore choked, looking down at Diana's ghostly hands and reaching back for them, tears welling thick over her eyes and obscuring her vision of the ghost, "thank you, Di, for everything. I promise I'll do you proud."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana smiled at her apprentice, her hands seemingly laying on Avalores.

“You already have.” Her voice broke. How was that even possible? She was a ghost. She didn't have vocal cords. It still happened though, and as her hands rested on Avalore's Diana simply smiled at her apprentice. More and more of her seemed to go by the way side as time passed on, her image became more and more feint.

“Take care of them.” She referred to the Jedi she had here, to the friends she had made. “I'll always be with you.”

Those were her final words as she disappeared into a wisp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom