Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish [SO/GA] The Cleansing of Thule

"What? Too uncivilised for you? Should always be prepared for anything."

Shan kept a grin on his face, even as he felt the sweat pouring down his face, holstering the blaster once again as he watched Venge start to deactive her left handed saber. Though as he saw the blue aura started to gather around Venge's fist, the Mirialan's grin only seemed to grow. This was going to be a perfect little surprise for him to perform.

"I mean having a blaster helps. It lets you perform a few tricks. Like this."

The Padawan reached out with his saber, letting the green collide with the blue as he focused on the redirection lessons that he had been taught by the Arch-Wilder Vulpesen. Letting the lightning flow through his saber and then through his body before releasing it through his left hand, aiming it directly towards Venge.

"Shocking isn't it? Two people can play with this trick. I suppose that's enlightening"

He chuckled away to himself, feeling ever so slightly more confident in himself now that he was able to pull off that little trick. Of course, that wasn't to say there wasn't some side effects. His left hand was clenching up from the current running through it and there was quite a substantial amount of pain, but that was why he was grateful for the thontiin crystal in his saber. Now that Venge had removed one of her sabers however to use the Force Lightning on Shan, the Padawan finally stepped into more of an offensive role, pushing himself forward. As much as he was willing to try and kill a Sith now...That didn't mean he was going to try it straight away. Instead aiming to disarm the Sith ahead of him.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

"Oh please," Venge scoffed, as she allowed her saber to absorb the redirected lightning before channeling it down her arm, her torso, and into the ground around her. Yes, it hurt, but she would use that pain to fuel her rage. "I can do this all day. I was mastering the Dark Side's secrets while you were still playing with wooden practice sabers in the Jedi Temple."

Venge decided it was time to teach this nettlesome Padawan a lesson he wouldn't soon forget. Calling upon all the negative emotions at the very core of her being, Venge decided to employ a power known as Waves Of Darkness. Pure Dark side energy began to manifest around Venge as a sphere of literal, physical darkness that slowly expanded outwards. Anyone unlucky enough to be caught within the sphere would begin to suffer from intense horror, pain and bewilderment. Prolonged exposure would rob victims of their will to fight. Whispers from the Dark Side itself would also torment those caught within the sphere.

"How can you hope to defeat me if the darkness consumes you," Venge taunted as the sphere of Dark Side energy expanded outwards.

TAG- Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"...How young do you think I am? I know your vision is starting to go, but I mean I haven't been with the Jedi since I was a kid."

Shan once again chuckled. Trying to use his own amusement to deal with the negative emotions and feelings around him. He could hear the whispers coming from the Sphere as Shan tried to figure out his best plan of attack against Venge. He wasn't able to use Force Light or anything like that so he wouldn't be able to push back the darkness with that. And just using the terrain to his advantage would be pointless...His blaster bolts would just get redirected back at him, unless he could think of a good way to defend against himself.

With that, Shan stepped backwards, as if he was preparing to run away from the sphere...before flexing his hand forward to send a push of Force forward, throwing up sand and sending rocks hurtling towards Venge. Now it was best for him to fight at a distance, even if he didn't really have that many tricks up his sleeves when it came to that. It was an other reason why he needed to work on making a better lightsabers to try and get out of situations like this.

Whilst Shan could just run at this point, he just needed to stall for time. The more time that was wated on him, the more time the people actually striking at the ritual would have to deal with the situation. So to add to the barrage of rocks and sand, Shan drew his blaster once again and went to well...blasting away, firing multiple shots ahead of him, letting the Force guide his aim, instead of using the sights on it.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

Kark it! What was it with this kid and blasters, Venge thought, as she was forced to drop her spell and hastily reignite her lefthand saber to add in deflecting the barrage of bolts. Suddenly, she was being pelted by rocks and blinded by sand.

Consumed by her rage, and blinded by the sand, Venge had to rely on her instincts and the Force to deflect the incoming blaster bolts and rocks as she slowly backed away. It was at that moment, the thought of being forced to back away from a mere Padawan drove her rage past the breaking point. Venge let loose with a Force Scream directed towards Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"JUST DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Shan was focused on his barrage of blaster bolts, mostly just trying to keep Venge back from him. He didn't have a way of dealing with the Dark Waves, so this was his best way of dealing with it. Keep her at bay, keep her at a distance and Shan would be able to outlast her. Or at least that's what he had originally thought before he felt himself suddenly being hit by the force of a Force Scream, sending him hurtling backwards, rolling and tumbling through the rocks and sounds with a few bumps and grunts of frustration.

His body was aching quite a bit at this point, and he was pretty sure his forehead had been cut by one of the rocks as he wiped his forearm along his head, trying to get back up to his feet. Keeping a tight grip on his saber as he focused on the painkilling properties of it, letting out a small sigh of relief. That was nice at the very least. Without that, he'd be in a much worse position when it came to being able to stand. There were already plenty of cuts and grazes across himself after this, but he wasn't too worried about it.

"...I don't plan on dying anytime soon. But if I frustrate you that much, I can leave. Don't mind me."

Lady Venge Lady Venge

Equipment: lightsaber, grappling hook, smoke bomb x3
Tags: Liam Nargon Liam Nargon

Shasill grinned as his opponent blocked his first attack. Good. Stay on the defensive. Time is not on your side.

The apprentice shuffled his right foot closer to his left, and kicked out with the latter, emphasizing speed over putting his body into the attack for power. He wanted to keep forcing the fool before him to continue taking steps back. Away from the ritual.

Shasill comforted himself with the fact that, even if the Padawan decided run past him, he wasn't ready for the other areas closer to the Thule Assembly building. Those areas were stuffy with the power of the dark side. If this Jedi didn't go insane by the time he got to the outer door guards, then he'd be swiftly defeated by those inside the buliding.

Not that Shasill had any intention of letting the Padawan escape his wrath.

"...I don't plan on dying anytime soon. But if I frustrate you that much, I can leave. Don't mind me."

The nerve of this little pest, Venge thought, as she blinked the dust from her eyes.

"You're not going anywhere," she hissed through clenched teeth as she advanced once again towards the now rather disheveled looking Padawan, casually twirling both of her lightsabers in overhand wrist spins. "I'm far from being finished with you."

"That's a shame...Because I'm definitely finished with you. You aren't as entertaining as the Aruzan. Maybe it's your age...or maybe you're just overall boring."

Shan gave a half hearted chuckle, gritting his teeth as he was trying to figure out what to do to try and get through this battle and give him a chance to retreat. Ah. This could work. Shan just decided to go with a trick he had done early, pushing his hand forward to once again sending a flurry of rocks in the direction of Venge, alongside more and more dust and sand in her direction to block her vision...Of course, he also sent a flurry of blaster bolts towards her as well. Sending as much of a distraction as he could, so the Padawan could focus on his retreat now.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

0v7RlQs.png

With: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond
Fighting: Darth Amarok Darth Amarok

Thal's energy tensed around him, and the air became light and prickly, as if the Sith and Thal were standing outside just before a storm. Thal's eyes locked with the Sith.

And the ground around them arced, blue streaks of lightning beginning from Thal's feet. He leered at the Sith, as the Sith goaded him, taunted him. The rage that he kept in him was always going to be in him. Always going to be a part of him. Partly due to his upbringing, partly due to his father. His father. The Red Tower. The pits. The things that made him the man he was.

Thal brought his lightsaber up high, then crashing down with such violent fury that it embodied every sense of the term "falling avalanche". His powerful physique wrought down on the Sith, and even without the force, it would have been a vulgar display of power all the same. Arcs of lightning, untrained and untapped raw energy crackled around Thal- arcs of lightning going wild, into the ground, all around them.

His eyes were not quite full of hate or fury- but they were close.

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Travelling Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Third Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

"I'm not here with the Alliance I'm here for you," Jax responded calmly. "I failed you Spasa, I left you when you were at your most vulnerable." Jax understood the nature of Pom and Spasa. They were one and the same but when they merged again, Pom went back to Jax's father and Jax wasn't there to influence her. "Then you know that too much of the dark can corrupt your soul. Just like if you possess too much light." Jax said feeling a massive disturbance in the Force. A dark energy was forming around Pom.

Pom stomped her foot creating a massive Earthquake. The ground shook beneath Jax feet causing him to momentarily lose balance before he reached into the Force and performed a backflip high in the air activating his Lightsaber in the process. "You belonged with me," Jax said landing on his feet. "You belonged with Jairdain Jairdain and Jedi! We loved you! And we would've done anything for you!"

Jax closed his eyes allowing the Force to flow through him like a gentle stream. He raised his arms hearing hum of his Lightsaber as many pieces of debris floated around Jax. "You are my friend," Jax said. "But I will do as I must if you continue to go on this path."

kenobi-rocks.gif

And with that, Jax hurled the rocks towards Pom.

Thule
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Darth Nwul Darth Nwul Madrona A’Mia Madrona A’Mia

"Vaaaaaaaal~! So glad you could make it! It's my birthday! Did you bring me a present?"

Valery stopped and let out an annoyed sigh, "He's even more annoying than last time," she commented before raising her mental barriers. She was not opposed to hearing direct telepathic communication, especially not if he was about to tell her too much of his plans, but it had to be on her terms. As a former head of the Shadows, the darkness had no way to control her the way it could often manipulate others.

"This humidity is not ideal for my hair."

Valery looked at Cora and chuckled at her own comment, "Yeah, how do you think I feel? Days like this and I wish I didn't have long hair." For now, the danger she felt wasn't so overwhelming that she kept her mouth shut and her mind in pure focus. She wanted to keep things relaxed, so they wouldn't rush into anything or mess up. But as they approached the rather ominous building, Valery understood that things were about to escalate very quickly.

Smoke grenades were tossed out, and Cora was the first to press forward. Valery was more cautious and allowed her senses to extend first — a wise move, as she felt a sudden disturbance closing in on her Padawan. "Cora!" she called out as a warning, right when Madrona A’Mia Madrona A’Mia appeared to engage her. She was confident Cora could handle herself in an ambush, but it didn't stop her from igniting the two blades of her weapon.

"Sorry ladies, this party's invite only."

"I'm sorry, but I don't have time to deal with children." Valery glanced at Cora and nodded, "You can handle her, I know you can. I'm going to push forward and take out Nwul."

Ally: Valery Noble Valery Noble
Opponent: Madrona A’Mia Madrona A’Mia

"Last time?"

Cora's tone rose, but she thought better than to pepper her Master with follow-up questions, Especially when it felt like Thule was holding its breath, on the verge of something grand and sinister.

Her senses registered a flash of sharp movement before her eyes could. Valery's voice pierced her mind in warning. A leg swept out, attempting to knock the Padawan from her feet, but she managed to narrowly canter her way out of range.

In the precious moments that it took for her to regain her balance, Cora was afforded a breathtaking snapshot of her opponent in motion. A disarmingly youthful face, a lithe form, hair like the creeping plants that crept up the trunks of jungle trees. She was quick, too. Limber. Danger sense prickled at the back of her neck in an almost enticing way.

"Sorry ladies, this party's invite only."

"I'm sorry, but I don't have time to deal with children."

"You can handle her, I know you can. I'm going to push forward and take out Nwul."

Cora's lips twitched, threatening to curl upwards into a smirk. No, that would be improper.

"Certainly, Master."

Her stomach fluttered at the thought of Valery clashing with Nwul - but she set that aside in the moment, recalling her focus to the opponent in front of her.

"Goodness, aren't you a lovely thing?" A pale hand placed over her heart, warm sincerity in her tone. "But so out of place in all of this…nonsense. A flower among a sea of thorns." Cora rolled her wrist, gesturing to their surroundings with a haughty grimace. As she spoke, she extended her senses outward, latching her invisible grip onto a piece of canvas that stretched over an awning. A flick of her wrist brought the fabric forward in a flash, aiming to wrap her opponent in a snarl of cloth.

Putting pressure on her back foot, Cora ignited her lightsaber and surged forward. Wary of the blades her opponent wielded, she swept the thrumming blue saber in a tight arc, aiming to cleave the Neti from hip to shoulder.

The world was spinning.

That was the only way he could explain the phenomena currently plaguing both his mind, body and soul, as he fell to his knees, clutching his heart, panting as if he was a dog in heat, but rather than fueled by some rampant lust, instead with the sensation of his heart beating in rapid abandon, filling with blood, constricting around its veins and arteries, filling to explode.

His head shook with the force of an earthquake, and his normally red eyes were made even more so, staring down at the ground with a particular focus, as he saw nothing but red. His sclera rapidly filled with blood, as in both eyes blood vessels popped, such was the strain upon his body.

Yet as he breathed in air, and then let it out of his lungs. It was enough for his legs to find stable footing on the ground. Raising himself from the earth, as if some restored pheonix, and gazing upon the world which he had found himself on.

Thule.

Malum hoped.

If not, travelling here would have been quite a waste.

• The locals have come out of hiding, wielding pyromancy through the flames of their passions. They are intent on incinerating anyone they find in their madness.
1pOTktR.png

Though staring at the firestorm before him, it certainly seemed to be the right place.

A planet at war.

Though, it was rather rare to watch the citizenry themselves, burn down their homes. While the invaders were far from sight.

Well, almost all the invaders. Squinting his eyes, a man with a droid was defending himself from those arsonists who had come out of their holes. Most interesting, perhaps an appetiser, a distraction, until Malum would need to make his way to wherever Nwul was, what would happen then... was not yet decided.

Thus as he leapt down from the rooftop on which he had landed, his body cloaked by invisibility, his presence within the force hidden, stealthed to all with eyes, and those who could see beyond their eyes. The student of Darth Ophidia. Advancing forth, a predator zoning in on their prey.

Kaleleon Kaleleon

Darth Amarok was rocked back on his heels as his opponent's lightsaber blow came crashing down from above and he was forced to execute an X block with his own sabers. He then noticed arcs of blue electric current forming around Thal Mantis Thal Mantis and let out a surprised growl of pain as one of the arcs connected with his armor and followed the path of least resistance to his flesh. How was a mere Padawan capable of such a feat?

"Jedi don't possess power like this! Where did you learn it," Amarok snarled.

Equipmeint: Nargon Holocron, lightsaber, Fur-line coat
Tags: Shasill Kaarte Shasill Kaarte

The Sith was happy about how the duel was going. That troubled Liam. Still he wasn’t ready to abandon patience just yet. The young Jedi stayed on his guard and moved his blade to stop his opponent’s when necessary. Without lowering his eyes, Liam paid attention to the Sith’s footwork. The Sith had the advantage of time and space. The further that he moved Liam away from the city the more his job was being done. Liam took in a deep breath as he prepared himself to strike forward when the opportunity presented itself.

As Liam’s blade was tangled up with the Sith’s, his opponent kicked out a leg. Liam pushed away with his blade and jumped backwards quickly. The Jedi cursed under his breath realizing that he was doing his enemy’s work for him. Liam could feel a sense of content coming from the Sith which was quite dangerous for Liam.

Liam decided that he couldn’t keep going backwards and it was time to strike back. As soon as his feet landed after his dodge of the Sith’s kick, Liam shifted his feet in order to lunge forward. He swung his lightsaber out at the Sith’s leg. His opinion was that the Sith was testing Liam and he would block Liam’s first attack, but the main purpose was to give Liam some space to half spin to a position where the Sith was no longer between him and the Last City. Liam was still in a position where he would have to fight his way to the ritual, but not in such a position that if he gave ground he was pushed in the opposite direction of his goal.

The nettlesome Padawan was starting in with his blaster and rock throwing tricks again, and Venge decided it was time to teach him another lesson. Calling upon the Dark Side once more, Venge began to weave a spell of illusion using the Sith power Qâzoi Kyantuska (Suppress Thought) aimed at Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Instead of one opponent, he would soon see several, should her spell prove successful.

Luckily for the Padawan, mental defence was one of the things he was quite talented at. Though it would mean that he'd have to block himself off to the Force fully to defend himself against the dark spell, so as soon as Shan felt the power probing against his defenses, the Padawan sent one large blast of Force ahead of himself, to try and push up more sand and stones, trying to cause a small smokescreen to obscure Venge's vision...before Shan decided to fully book it away. Kahlil had taught him to run when the situation was too difficult for him, and to try and get more support if he could. So that was his plan right now.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

While the Jedi and Sith fought their various battles across the surface of the planet, other interests had decided to arrive and observe the fight. A small force of Empire of the Lost Imperials under NISB Special Agent Tella Voland had taken up position in an elevated rocky outcropping over the field of battle. They were there to observe, and if necessary, try to slightly influence the battle’s conclusion towards that of the Jedi. Not out of any goodwill for the Order considering Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble and Jonyna Si Jonyna Si 's actions, but because the Sith finding a foothold beyond their little parcel in this sector of the galaxy was not something the Grand Moff wished considering their intentions towards the region in the future.

Nor Mother, for that matter.

Tella herself was dressed in her Imperial blacks today, looking much like a Sith herself except for the fact that she carried a lightsaber that was silver instead of fully corrupted by the Dark Side. She had volunteered for the mission, something of a rarity for her given how much her mother kept her busy, but she knew she would likely be fighting either or both of the Jedi or Sith in the future given what the Empire had planned, and she had best gain experience for when that happened.

“Agent Voland…” One of her deathtroopers murmured to her, passing her one of the team’s viewfinders. “...it looks like one of their Padawans is in over their head. Should we do something?”

Taking the viewfinder from her subordinate, she glanced down at the current battle, extending her senses down towards the fight. A lone Padawan going up against what felt like a fully-fledged Sith Lord…well, that wasn’t surprising considering the arrogance of the New Jedi Order…and now trying to flee. It would be bad for her objective here today if he died, or even worse, got captured and turned. They needed more potential cannon fodder against the Sith, not more Sith to deal with in the future. She sighed, closing her eyes and rubbing a gloved hand against her temple.

“Let’s see how this plays out…”

“Yes Agent Voland.”

The situation for the Padawan was not looking good-of course that’s what usually happens when such a major variance in power between two foes happens, not to mention something was…off…about the world at the moment, fueling the power of the Dark Side slightly. He was holding his own for now, a testament either to his training or more likely luck, throwing rocks and various blaster bolts at the Sith who seemed to grow more and more frustrated with each little trick the Padawan was trying to pull against her. The two suddenly engaged in some kind of mental fight from what she could tell at this distance, and, to her surprise, the Padawan seemed not only to hold his own, but actually manage to make the Sith decide he was not worth her time.

She tapped her feet in slight disappointment as she watched the Padawan successfully manage to get away as she was hoping to get some kind of action today, but then raised one glove hand to her chin and stroked it thoughtfully, her other holding the viewfinder on the Padawan as he made his way back to safety.

A shame, it would have been fun to intervene to save that Padawan for many reasons, but it seems he is doing just fine on his own. Interesting, we'll have to pay attention to that one's career.

“Have one of our agents find out whoever that Padawan or low-ranking Knight is later. It’s not every day you see one of them take on a full-fledged Sith Lord and walk away from it. We need to know if this is another potential S-class problem in the making. The Force forbid he ends up being a Padawan of one of the Nobles, Mother will have such a headache."

Lady Venge Lady Venge Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

The Neti woman sprang up and her attention snapped to the would be net. Alusteel blades appeared from within the mass of vining hair to slash outward against the falling fabric. It was a clean cut that left her upper body unentangled but the half intact fabric fell where it could easily trip her up if she wasn't mindful.

Her opponent pressed the advantage without giving her much time to worry about footwork though. A'Mia's arm snapped down just in time to catch the upward sweeping blade on the angled quillion of her punch dagger, stopping it inches from her side. They collided with the buzzing hiss of saber meeting phrik. She leveraged her superior height and weight against the woman's one handed strike, attempting to twist with her momentum to push Cora past her. She raised her free blade in a slash at what A'Mia hoped was her unprotected side.

"If I am a desert rose, then what is a poet like yourself doing here?"

She chirped brightly back as they moved. Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania could see all the marks of formal dance training in her opponents movements as they whirled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom