Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish [SO/GA] The Cleansing of Thule

QXTBWNB.png

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Xeykard fell silent again. With the brief interlude between exchanges, his presence roared outwards. He searched his surroundings -- his objective was, of course, to keep the Jedi from reaching the ritual within the building.

He decided to follow through on that. His strength wrapped around his weapon once more, coating the blazing blade, as he settled into his opening stance. With speed that was not his he advanced and struck like lightning. Even at such pace the Jedi managed to block. But that was not the true attack; lightning was the precursor to thunder.

Using his blade as a fulcrum he leveraged his telekinetic strength to blast his opponent away, launching her at a nearby building, only to leap after her in pursuit.

j2Tn1a2.jpg

*&#$ jedi

SOGi7lV.jpg
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul welcomed the Coven, and the Priestess smiled in return at their host's greeting. What girl doesn't love a good party? For now, she decided to steal away from the Ritual, but she will protect it. If it was something that was going to backfire for the Sith, then surely Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex would be here. His Mistress is no idiot. The outer grounds must be secured, then she will greet her host properly.

Immediately she was confronted by Jax Thio Jax Thio
And he held out his little light stick.

"You stupid jedi. Don't you see, you are the one who disrupts the peace?" They are! No dark culture can get anything done without them crashing the party. "Do I crash your rituals?" The Sith could very well start doing that very thing! "Do you really want to see me more often?"

Pomsty watched him like a hawk for any twitch of his muscles. If he stepped, she countered. Her Coven remained hidden among the shadows behind her. They began whispering, and set the air on fire with protection spells. They trust jedi even less than she. While they do not fear their enemy, they certainly don't take chances with the life of their Priestess.

Jax accused Pom of harming Spasa. She chuckled at the implication that she and Jax had been friends. "You just don't get it. You never learned anything about me during the time I was with you? Spasa and I aren't twins. The Ashla and the Fanged God fought over my allegiance inside the Nether, and as a result my Soul was torn apart by them. You befriended me who the Ashla taught." She gestured to his mechanical arm. "And on the battlefield, you met me who the Fanged God reared." She knew he wouldn't respond kindly to whether her tone were remorseful or not; technically it wasn't wholly remorseful, because he can practically always be kind of an ass, much like right now. "I wasn't whole when I spent time with you. I was incomplete. I have come through my experience with a knowledge covering both sides of the Force, which is exactly as I had intended when I went into it." Looking at the Lightsaber in his hand, thus concludes her monologue, "Do not dare dictate to me that there could be any place where I do not belong!"

In a temper with her last words Pomsty stomped her foot, which caused a rapid tremor within the ground. Across the land, all loose soil and rock suddenly jolted and rose near to a foot from where it lay and then collapse back upon the ground.

Last edited:
A man can change his stars
85c39-16826191779475-1920.jpg

OBJECTIVE: Get Locals Away from Fighting
TAGS: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr
EQUIPMENT: Jumpsuit | Gloves | Boots | Poncho | Satchel | Holsters | Handgun | Utility Knife | Split-Saber
COMPANION: BD-7

"COME ON! IF YOU DON'T LEAVE YOU WILL BE INJUERD OR WORSE!"

I banged my enclosed fist hard on the door. While I was well prepared for combat in most scenarios, I had been relegated to Civilian Aid. Trying to get them out of harms way if I can. While the rest of the Jedi were going to directly fight the Sith, what they were trained for years to do, I was being held back from the front lines for the specific purpose of getting as many civilians out of the city just in case things went wrong. It was also to maybe, just maybe keep casualties down. In war, when Sith can throw Lightning, and Jedi can create waves of pure energy, buildings, and emplacements can be ripped up and destroyed. Even if people are still in them.

It was not that I didn't want this job. But it was more so that my abilities typically were suited for this role. Even after banging on the door, I took a step back. Gathered the force in my hand and blew the door open. Rushing inside to see that the place had already looked to be ransacked, I raced up the stairs to check the building. No one seemed to be in here. I took the stairs back down two by two and then closed the door behind me. Reaching into the bag at my back, pulling out a spray can of florescent paint, and marked an "X" over it to signify that no one was here. It would let any other members of the support teams to skip this building.

Once I was done, I could feel the impact of little droid feet on my back. Clawing its way up to my shoulder. BD-7 came over to me. And started to trill in my ear. Binary speak, notifying me that the next three houses as well were also empty. Trusting the droid, I just marked up those three as well.

"Thanks bud. Go ahead and make a couple scans of the area so we can see if there is any we haven't marked."
"Be-deep"

The little response from the droid told me all that I needed to know. Replacing the spray can with my pistol, I held it within two hands, and finger off the trigger as I ran from house to house. Doing the same thing over and over. Making sure that everyone I could get out, was out. Normally, teams would be doing this. Clearing everything at a much slower pace. However, while according to the New Jedi Order I was an apprentice, in truth, I had been a knight before. Valery and Kahlil Noble even tested me on such. They knew I was well equipped to be on my own. Not requiring a team to cover me.

However, it may have been nice to have someone else to talk to.

Equipmeint: Nargon Holocron, lightsaber, Fur-line coat
Tags: Shasill Kaarte Shasill Kaarte

It seemed that the person standing between him and the city was not going to be aiding Liam in his mission. Liam was relieved when the figure removed his cloak to reveal a teenaged young man. Younger than Liam, he would have guessed, but since Liam had limited training from a holocron and this younger man may have been trained from birth in the use of the Force Liam was not going to assume he had any upper hand. The young man facing him was eager to get the fight started. Ordinarily Liam would have engaged in a bit of banter to try to live up to the “Jedi way” of avoiding violence. In this case he didn’t have time. There was a bigger goal in Liam’s mind. If this man wished for a fight, he was going to get it.

Before Liam could pull his own weapon, the Sith apprentice’s appeared in his hand and ignited. The sound of a lightsaber coming to life was a comfort to Liam taking him back to his training routines. The tell-tale red glow of a Sith blade however had him grimace and grind his teeth as his own weapon was raised and added a green glow to the surroundings. His opponent was at a ready stance, but did not move forward right away. Liam found this odd, but he stood his ground taking up his blade in both hands and holding it ready at chest height.

The Sith’s initial pause became longer and Liam thought something was wrong. Or this was a trick. Liam knew better than to assume a Force practitioner was blind because his eyes were shut, so he stood still until he recognized that his opponent was completely returned to the duel. ”I am not going to waste my breath in trying to convince you this fight can be avoided. But you’re crazy if you think I am striking first. Let’s get things started,” Liam hoped his voice carried his confidence. Though he had yet to get past a basic understanding of forms five or six, which in time he knew would become his favored forms, Liam practiced forms one and three daily and he knew that he would be able to hold his own in this fight.

Equipment: lightsaber, grappling hook, smoke bomb x3
Tags: Liam Nargon Liam Nargon

Perfect; his opponent was ready. And hadn't taken advantage of Shasill's momentary flashback. The apprentice, eager to impress, wasted no more time and began the fight. He stepped forward with his right foot crossing left, kicking up sand, until he was two meters away from the Jedi, his legs uncrossed again. The Sith stared into his victim's eyes hungrily. Hmmm. How to start this slaughter...

In moments, he settled for a weak, but fast horizontal slash, aimed at his opponent's waist. Shasill certainly didn't expect his attack to break through the Jedi's defense, but instead to keep him on his toes. These quick jabs would help him stay on the offensive, and hopefully prevent his target from counterattacking.

As Braze's fingers closed around the hilt of Jasper's lightsaber, he ignited it with a deft flick of his wrist, the blade humming to life as it spun through the air in a defensive arc. He was all too aware of the fine balance he needed to maintain—remaining within Jasper's periphery, yet out of his way. He knew he wouldn't do Jasper any favors if he got underfoot. Their close-knit bond, born of endless hours of training and life-or-death situations, allowed him to anticipate his master's movements as easily as his own.

That bond was momentarily shattered when the atmosphere soured, filling with an unbearable chorus of psychic screams and wails. As the sentiments of true abject horror flooded his senses with cries of despair, Braze felt an upheaval that shook him to his core. He felt his throat gloss over with saliva. Braze's stomach revolted, and he felt his insides lurch violently, bile rising to meet the back of his throat. Despite his best efforts, he was violently sickened, doubling over as he involuntarily emptied his stomach's contents, repulsed and overwhelmed by the intensity of the emotional horror around him.

In that instant of weakness, a jagged bolt of Force lightning zigzagged through the air, zeroing in on him. The shock hit him like a punch from an electrostaff, convulsing his muscles and blurring his vision. While his insulated boots might have saved him from immediate death, the agony was still paralyzing.

He was dazed briefly and he could feel everything around it fully. And then it clicked. This horror show wasn't just some random Sith mind-trick—it was Wake's signature, as distinct as a fingerprint. Those disembodied screams were the last remnants of minds Wake had devoured, their anguish now a weapon to torment the living.

The revelation ignited something within Braze, turning his nausea into a broiling cauldron of righteous indignation.

"Wake, you twisted, soul-eating abomination," Braze muttered under his breath, reigniting his blade with renewed purpose. "You won't get the satisfaction of breaking me—not when it's you who's going to be undone." Braze hissed bitterly, teeth clenched as he reignited Jasper's blade. "You just made this personal."

His grip tightened on both lightsabers, his focus now razor-sharp. Any lingering traces of his prior disorientation were scorched away by his newfound resolve. Braze firmly resumed his defensive stance—dual blades at the ready, his body a shield covering Jasper's back. Together, they would make this Sith vampire regret ever crossing their path, Wake's twisted games be damned. With gritted teeth, he refocused on the enemy before him, letting his outrage burn away the remaining traces of his earlier weakness. He was now more than ready to stand his ground, covering Jasper's flank as they faced down the waking nightmare that was their enemy.

The attack was fast, but Braze was faster, his new-found indignation fueling his reflexes.

"Not today, Bat Babe!" Braze shouted as a dark tendril snaked through the air towards him. With a swift flick of Jasper's lightsaber, he parried the ethereal appendage as though it were a solid blade. Taking advantage of the pause, he slid his lightsaber into a downward slash, cutting just behind the tendril's curling tip.

Whatever Wake had intended to accomplish, it 'seemed' to backfire—instilling Braze with a newfound surge of energy and determination. Channeling this vigor, Braze unleashed a whirlwind that drew the very air around her into a tight vortex. This wasn't a defensive maneuver; it was targeted and lethal. The swirling gusts converged on her, compressing a searing ball of white-hot fire at its core, directing it toward her center.

Equipment: red lightsaber, nightsister bow
Suit: xx
Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Astrid sensed the power of ritual the power of the darkside in the air her emotions empowered she drew on her passions and latent powers of the darkside. She spoke a few words under her breath and she shot a blast of fast moving pure darkness towards jonyna that would heavily damage anything in its path. Astrid would teleport to behind jonyna after the blast got to her and swung a slash aiming for jonynas back with her lightsaber. She would press the attack bringing a powerful swing down on jonyna.

The sith lord had morbid curiosity in her eyes as she looked at jonyna thinking of ways to experiment and torture the Cathar Infront of her. As she did with everyone it was mental game for her as she fought the Cathar "why fight for righteousness and good what does it give you but pain and suffering". The nightsister spoke as she swung her lightsaber again towards jonynas neck but this time she summoned her ichor blade and swung up attempting to cut up jonynas body.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Another parry into another strike and-

Oh.

Iris blinked as she found herself airborne, then gritted her teeth as she twisted herself midair. The Force flowed heavily through her body, her mind reaching for the colors to pull inward. All so when she hit the wall she didn't just shatter against it. Still came close, though. Strength really wasn't her strong suit. Not even a grunt escaped her mask as she fell down to land on her feet. Sound was filtered from it when she wanted, just to make sure she didn't accidentally say something she shouldn't.

But she was back on her feet, blade in hand. A second joined the first, igniting in a flash of blue as she watched the Sith charge after her. The moment he was close enough, she struck out. Zipped forward with all her speed to try and outright overwhelm him with a flurry of strikes.

Xeykard Xeykard

Opponent: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Accompanied by: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Allies laying in wait/ guarding the ritual: Zal Aditi Zal Aditi Darth Caedes Darth Caedes Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Already on alert, A'Mia shifted into full battle readiness as a smoke cloud suddenly filled the air very near where she was stationed. She dropped into an athletic crouch, blades held reverse grip, and made the snap decision to leave the locked but un-barricaded entryway in favor of flanking. She quickly drew parallel to the edge of the cloud, scanning so she could leap into no man's land as soon as someone appeared.

As luck would have it the padawan of the pair appeared cautiously from the smoke nearest to her position and the Neti woman honed in like a wolf targeting the youngest caribou of the herd. Despite her height and relatively significant density she was light on her feet and sprinted to engage without a moments hesitation.

A'Mia closed the distance rapidly and just before collision, dropped into a deft sweep kick in an attempt to trip her young opponent or at the very least change her available trajectory. Both blades were up and ready to parry since she had no need to use an arm to guide her momentum on the ground as long vining hair fanned out to control the spin. Momentum which she'd put to use momentarily to spring up and assess next moves.

"Sorry ladies, this party's invite only."

Her voice was bright, congenial even, as if the pair had just stumbled upon a private tea party which she was loathe to turn them away from.

"Well. It's not like she had a choice. She kinda ran away when I tried to heal her after the duel, and left her lightsaber behind. And I mean, if I can purify the saber that's good for me. So I managed to do that at least."

He kept a smile on his face at that, twirling the sabers in both of his hands, keeping himself stood as firmly as he could, glancing around the area to try and keep his guard up. He could feel the darkness around him and he had to both keep focused on keeping the darkness away, alongside defending himself from the threat in front of me.

"I haven't really seen her since I took the saber from her...At least not in person."

Lady Venge Lady Venge

"Not in person, hmmm," Venge said with knowing smirk. "She speaks to you in your mind, doesn't she? Whispers to you in the dark, I'm willing to bet. She's a part of you now, isn't she?"

She had done much the same to Alex StormWolf, in the years leading up to his fall to the Dark Side once again, whispering to him from across the galaxy, causing him to doubt himself and the Jedi Code he had sworn to uphold.

"She's always there, like a sliver in your mind, isn't she?...."

TAG- Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Nah. If she spoke in my mind, I'd be going crazy or something. Only person in my mind is me."

Shan shrugged his shoulders at that. He thought about Nyaeli a lot, sure, but it was because he wanted to try and redeem her. Her people thought she was pure evil and beyond redemption, but Shan thought otherwise. Very rarely was anyone pure evil, and there was always a reason for the way someone acted at the end of the day. He just had to figure out how he was going to solve that issue...but that wasn't the important thing right now. He couldn't let himself focus on things that didn't matter.

"...Are you just going to talk me to death? Or?..."

Maybe taunting wasn't a great idea, but it was the only thing the Mirialan could think of to act as a defense right now. Otherwise what else was he going to do? Just stand there and listen to the yapping of an old woman? Of course not. He had better things to do then that.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

"...Are you just going to talk me to death? Or?..."

"At last! I thought you'd never ask," Venge said with a grin, her eyes lighting up with sadistic glee, as she launched into a Jar' Kai attack known as 'The Twin Strike', both of her blades swinging in an overhead arc towards Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Let's see how well your master taught you to use your weapons!"

Shan's hands just launched up above him to get ready to parry the overhead strike, using the pair of sabers he had for his defense. He'd have to rely on his wits to get through this battle as he pushed his sabers upwards in an attempt to push Venge's away from him, to give him enough of an opening so that he could lash out with a quick kick to the centre mass of Venge.

Even if the kick was blocked, Shan still had his own plan on what to do, having intended to also kick himself backwards away from Venge, relying on the agility he had from being a Mirialan. Now that he thought about it, using dual blades wasn't something that really went towards his skills as he decided to place the purified saber back on his belt, wrapping both of his hands around his main saber. Stamina was going to be the aim of the game as he just focused on his breathing. That was key. Breathing and patience.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

Venge found herself staggering backwards a few steps as the kick from Shan Pavond Shan Pavond landed just below her rib cage. She hadn't expected that. This Padawan was proving to be rather resourceful. Taking a few short breaths, and feeling gingerly around the area where she had been kicked, she came to the conclusion that no ribs were broken, but she was definitely going to be very sore for a few days.

Her eyes narrowed and took on an even deeper orange color as her rage intensified.

"You hurt me. Now I'm going to tear you apart!"

Venge darted towards the Padawan, swinging both her crimson bladed sabers in a sudden flurry of left, right, left attacks, hoping to overpower his single saber with her Jar' Kai tactics.

"I thought you Sith were meant to like pain, huh? What? A little kick is too much for your frail bones? Maybe you need to drink some more milk."

Shan kept a grin on his face, as he taunted his opponent a bit more than he normally would. Focusing on defending himself from her flurry of attacks, trying to notice a pattern to the strikes. If he didn't do something soon, he'd easily be overpowered. Dozens of thoughts rushing through his mind. He could use the Force to try and back away, but then she'd be able to easily close the distnace, and something like a Push wouldn't do much either. There was always the choice of what he did against Nyaeli. To give into his anger and his fear of wanting to survive, which was a very enticing idea especially with the Force flowing around them, but he dismissed that thought rather quickly.

Instead, he kept waiting. Letting Venge build up a pattern to her strikes, letting her focus on her offensive strikes, waiting for her defense to drop...until he thought he had noticed a pattern and using his spare hand, the Mirialan quickly drew his blaster and fired at point blank range in front of him. Either it would hit, or it would be blocked. Either way, Shan would have the time he needed to recover himself and breathe.

Lady Venge Lady Venge

Equipmeint: Nargon Holocron, lightsaber, Fur-line coat
Tags: Shasill Kaarte Shasill Kaarte

Whatever the initial delay with the young Sith’s approach it came to an end and he charged forward. The dust left in the Sith’s path was all but ignored by Liam as he prepared for an aggressive initial strike. Liam met his opponents eyes with far less content and anger. Instead Liam followed his lessons and was calm and composed.

When the first strike came Liam was surprised at the attempt made by the Sith and easily shifted his blade to intercept the less than full powered slash. Liam had to fight the urge to counter quickly. The teachers from the holocron expressed that Sith could be sneaky. This weak first attack didn’t necessarily show the talent of the man holding the blade. Liam held off his opponent’s blade and took in a calming breath as he held strong. During this quick paced feeling out process Liam managed to keep his cool and merely shifted his blade to intercept his opponent’s. He would not be able to remain passive for long. Staying on the defensive would allow the ritual to complete while he was kept busy. But he wouldn’t be able to stop the ritual if he underestimated his opponent and died because of it. He could afford to be patient for the moment.

Venge saw the blaster bolt streaking towards her and swatted it away with a deft parry of a saber.

"A blaster? Seriously," she asked, her lips curling into a snarl. "Are you that uncertain of yourself and your chances of defeating me?!"

This Padawan was really beginning to get on her nerves. Deactivating her left hand saber, she casually clipped it to her belt. Curling her left hand into a fist, a bluish aura gathered around it as she brought her arm up, aiming at Shan Pavond Shan Pavond as she quickly spread her fingers, unleashing a barrage of Force Lightning.

"One doesn't need a blaster when they know the power of the Dark Side!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom