Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Should we poof Divs next?

I love divs and how they look, and once you save the template they don't take that much more time to add to a post. That being said, they're not really necessary, certain ones are horrendous on mobile, and they're just fluff. I'm indifferent to whether they stay or go, I'll still enjoy writing either way.

Div templates can add extra character to the post and help set a vibe if you do it right, the only part that takes a while is making one on your own time... Other than that you just load the template and it takes no time at all tbh

Vesta

V
I would be lying if I would say I wouldn't miss them, because imo it's pretty cool to personalize each character's posts to give them a slightly different vibe just with an aesthetic change, but I am also not dumb enough to think I'd care after like maybe the first twenty seconds of it being gone.

Perhaps, just take the signature approach with it? Leave them alone but if it makes it so the post can't be read let the writer know they need to remove it, fix it, or use an alternative one. That's what I've been doing in Codex so far.

I will say that a lot of the Div's with scan lines behind the text are usually the problem children.

Nuke the whole site and start over?

giphy.gif

Divs don't take any more time than a copy paste though. Personally don't use them all the time but they definitely add to the visual quality of the site in my opinion. Divs definitely add a 'wow' factor to thread openers and in-world perspective type advertisements

Not opposed. I love my aesthetic, but that would make it easier to browse the page on my phone.

When I have to swipe side to side to read a post, I die a little.
The swipe thing is a very easy fix though and I don't see it that often when I'm browsing on my phone.

But I also agree with what others said. It's a fun bit of aesthetic and it costs zero time once a single one is set up and added as template. Most people don't even make their own and just use a div from the insane amount that are made available in the art section.

This seems more like an opinion, rather than substantiated poof presented.

Yep this is entirely correct and also has no bearing on how likely I am to execute divs in broad daylight in the Chaos town square as I lock eyes with your most beloved writing partners on some ego-fueled murderous power trip followed by a run on sentence.

We’re all just one bad day away, man, but for now we can just like talk about it without a deposition and discovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom