Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shiver Me Timbers, a Jedi Approaches!

Outfit: Mandalorian Armour (looks like this)
Weapons: Rifle, 2x pistols and several thermal detonators
Objective: Chaos, Plunder and Money!
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

"Right lads, we have blown up merc bases on Thyrsus, Myrkr, Gallinore, Onderon, Kuat and a few systems in between. Luckily for us, this ship gets us in and out pretty dang quick." There was a roar of approach from his crew of about 4 or 5. "Got a few bounties done as well. Been missing out on some piracy work for too long."

Pausing, Rhys looked at the map then looked around the ship, "hey... Did those worlds pay us for liberating them from the mercs?" Rhys asked having completely forgotten to charge people directly once again.

There was some nervous coughing, "ummm. Boss... They all said they refused because you caused more harm than good. Since it was an oil refinery on Gallinore you blew up as well as the merc base. Onderon, you caused a mass panic with letting loose a horde of dangerous animals and then-"

"Hey! It was a black market hunting ring I took down!" Rhys protested, adamant that he had still done the right thing there.

"Of...of course Boss! Just Onderon's people were pleased with you releasing the animals in the city market... During the food festival..." One of the fellow pirates piped up.

Rhys paused and took it in before nodding his head. "Okay... Solid point. Well, send them a message that if they don't pay us then I'll return and cause more chaos trying to help them on their worlds. That should be just as solid a blackmail threat as being violent to them." Rhys chuckled as he could sense his crew relax more and thankful that Rhys was in a good mood.

Walking out of his ship onto the ground of Tanaab, Rhys donned his Mandalorian helmet and called out to the farmers. "Greetings! I am Rhys of Clan Swynol! I am here to raid your farmlands for money and resources!" There was a cheeriness to his tone, not even aware of the growing notoriety and infamy as a chaotic force for harm that Rhys was accruing.

Tanaab
HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsabers

Pirates.

Some of the worst people in this Galaxy. They used what little strength in numbers and stolen tech they had to steal from and manipulate people who couldn't defend themselves. They didn't dare target anything serious — they were cowards, really. It could make her blood boil if she spent too much time thinking about it, so she didn't. She had read the reports and done her best to track them down to their next target.

She was going to put a stop to this.

Within a few hours of travel, Valery's X-wing dropped from Hyperspace over Tanaab and began a path down to where she picked up on activity. Something was happening down there — she could feel it in the Force.

Now, it was time to confront it.

"Please don't fret! I am here to ensure the safety, security and building business of these fine regions of farmland!" Rhys clapped his hands together and was beaming behind the helmet he had donned. Watching the farmers look concerned and unsure what to do, whether paying Rhys was the best thing or attempting to fight him.

Approaching closer, his pheromones worked in ways of calming the anxieties of the farmers and making him appeal more as a friend than a foe. "I understand that this might seem detrimental to your profit lines but with Clan Swynol security, you will never have to fear the terror of piracy and mercenaries again!"

Rhys was attempting to appeal as a business agreement, one that would be offering protection. His right hand man, Flick, began charging the farmers and collecting the available credits that they had.

"I will ensure your governor will be dealt with as well, I heard his criminal actions were making profits even harder, which hurts us both!" High taxes on the farmers and the rich getting richer on Tanaab, he had heard of the issue and saw a chance to make long term rewards for himself and his crew.

It would be short term to just get rid of the governor.

"Boss! Got some Jedi X-Wing coming in!" Dex called out on the comms and Rhys chuckled.

"Perfect Dex, send me their landing spot and will go greet them. Sure they will help us sought out these political issues!" Rhys said cheerily on the comms.

There was more nervous tension back on the Milwr Bach but Rhys sent Flick back to the ship and maintain the morale of the crew. He needed them at their best for whoever this Jedi was going to be.

Walking over to the X-Wing, he was surprised by who he spotted, "oh! I know you! You are... Wait... Don't tell me... Begins with a V..... Victoria? No, that's not right...." Rhys sighed as he leaned back with his arms crossed.

"Wait! I got it! Valery! Valery North! I saw you at Zinder Event! How was your date? It seemed like you two really hit it off!" Rhys grinned, since he was confident he had all the facts correct which was impressive for him.

Tanaab
HAIuSyi.png

"It seems like you have problems with your memory," Valery said after landing and stepping out of her X-wing. She wasn't amused in the slightest — not with these pirates raiding innocent people. On top of that, he was trying to act funny and casual, so she was even more eager to put a stop to all of this. "I'm Jedi Master Valery Noble," she continued, deciding against even addressing the whole Zinder thing.

It hadn't been a date, and he knew that.

"You know why I'm here," Valery finally added. "It has to stop." She narrowed her eyes and focused on him to gauge his reaction. He could choose to play stupid, and she'd happily remind him of what'd happen next if he didn't stop. Or, he could cooperate and all of this would be over soon.

It was his choice to make.

There was a sharp click and hiss as Rhys removed his helmet, his electric blue hair shook itself and fell perfectly into place. The hair had a little sparkle in the natural sunlight that the previous encounter did not do justice. He gave a soft laugh, not threatened at all by the Jedi Master it seemed as he exuded confidence. "Of course! Valery Noble. Names were never my strong suit, but I never forget a face. Especially the pretty ones!" He winked to Valery.

"Perfect! I am sure Tanaab's farmers would be delighted to know that you are here to help us free them from oppression!" Rhys refusing to think for a moment that Valery was hunting him. "I was just telling the poor farmers that as long as they pay me and my crew handsomely that we would be more than happy to ensure their governor faces justice."

While Rhys was attempting to avoid a confrontation, using his charms, pheromones and distracting words, his hands never moved far from his pistol holsters. As soon as the Jedi Master attempted anything with her Lightsaber or the Force, he would take her down. At least he would try to.

He had completely forgotten about the time that Valery defeated him in a boxing match previously.

Tanaab
HAIuSyi.png

"If you were here for the well-being of these people, you wouldn't be inching your fingers closer to your blaster," Valery said rather directly to take a more confrontational stance. She then perked a brow and placed both of her hands at her waist. A challenge, in a way, but also a sign that she wasn't just going to draw a weapon on him. Preferably, this entire situation could be settled without having to fight.

She still kept her senses sharp despite the hopes.

"You're not offering these people a service. You're extorting them." She glanced around for a brief moment before turning those fiery eyes back to him.

"I'm giving you a chance to walk away and stop what you're doing. You know what will happen if you keep this up."

Chuckling, "Jedi Master. You have fought and kill a number of my people, I would be a fool not to be prepared for a fight." He didn't seem to be judging her for the actions but noting the reasons for his concerns. If she did not wish to fight, then he was more than happy to discuss with her.

His hands relaxed as he spotted her hands on her waist, Rhys did not rush to stop being on the defensive but he was not twitching for his pistols.

"Your words wound me Master Jedi!" His hand dramatically pressed against his chest plate. "Is what I do any worse than a mercenary?" Rhys countered, "I am merely asking for a fee in return for my services."

Tilting his head, "do I? Do you have jurisdiction on this world? I have committed no crimes here and I am not in the Galactic Alliance space." He smirked widely, Rhys shrugged his shoulders.

"So, you can huff all you want Master Jedi, or you could help me with someone committing actual crimes here." Rhys chuckled deeply.

Tanaab
HAIuSyi.png

"It's not an Alliance world, but unlike you, I was authorized to offer aid," Valery said with an innocent smile, but there was a little gotcha edge to her tone. "You see, if people here are struggling because of criminals, pirates or targeted attacks, they are able to hire or request assistance, yours and mine included. But that's not what you've been doing." Valery produced a datapad and showed him a message he had ordered to be sent to worlds who hadn't paid for his unwanted service.

A message that threatened his return to cause more chaos.

"Drop the act," Valery suddenly said more sternly, her voice devoid of that earlier kindness. "If you want to offer services for credits, give them a choice. Show them why you're the one they should call and treat them fairly. Now, you've angered enough people to where they wanted to hire me to come after you."

"But I work for free, and I'll gladly put a stop to unjust practices."

Valery placed her hands back on her waist and looked him in the eyes, "Your choice. Offer them legitimate assistance, or I do have the legal authorization to remove you."

"That's not true, I have been very clear that I would sort out the corrupt officials on this planet." Rhys stated honestly, he had offered to do that task for payment. The payment was extortionate and way over the amount a normal mercenary would charge but Rhys was using his skills and talents to push others to be more charitable than they would normally be incline to do.

Rhys laughed at the message he had gotten his crew to send. "See, that, that is a joke. Who threatens planets and governments with chaotic behaviour?" Now he was lying through his teeth but was keeping very calm and did not seem worried about Valery. "I have been doing normal mer work, ain't easy to do when you Jedi folk offer the same work for free! Who wants to pay me when they can just request Jedi to do it for free." Rhys pinning the blame on Valery that being a good merc was not profitable.

"Oh? Am I the biggest threat on your radar? Why not the corrupt officials starving people here? Why not handle them first with me?" Rhys mentioned, "I offered that but you seem to want to focus on my acts that inconvenience the rich." Rhys then pulled out his own datapad with the information of those he threatened.

Holding it out so Valery could read from where he stood, "every target that requested your help made profits at the expense of the working class. With enough money to pay them living wage but refusing to do so. You might work for free, but you are brought by wealth pigs." It was Rhys's turn to be harsher in tone. While he had been extorting very rich people, it was not due to a kindness in his heart, simply rich people could pay rich ransoms.

Poor people had no money. And Rhys wasn't planning on giving them his money, that's charity and he was no charity!

"So, arrest me. Admit you rather serve your rich corporate overlords, or live a little wilder. Be a bit more chaotic. Embrace the freedom! Help me fight the officials! Might have some more of that Alderaanian red for you in the ship too," Rhys chuckled sinking back into his flirty tone.

Tanaab
HAIuSyi.png

"You know that I can tell when you're lying, right? Or when you're trying to hide your faulty business practices behind whataboutism and assumptions of who asked for my help. The people who contacted me are largely just people - ordinary citizens who you claim to help, while you strike fear into their hearts at the same time." There was no change in demeanor when his tone shifted or when he proposed her to be wilder and more chaotic.

He wasn't actually helping these people, so she didn't care.

"It's not the officials here who warned me of you, Rhys. You're leaving a trail of red flags everywhere you go, and you know it. If you stopped lying to me and actually tried to work on a better way to help these people, I'd at least have an ounce of respect for you. It's not impossible to take care of corrupt officials or threats to these people and still earn your credits. You don't have to do anything for free."

"So why all the shady stuff? Is it really worth the trouble?"

"You know you are a big buzzkill, Master Jedi." Rhys sighed, his hands moved behind him and he tapped a button to alert his crew to his location. Not to help fight, but to have a solid escape if things did not go in a direction that Rhys wanted to see.

Removing his helmet, his perfectly combed electric blue hair fell into place naturally. His appearance was not someone who had been wearing a helmet for hours. Instead he looked like someone who spent hours being very delicate with his appearance but Rhys was not someone who spent long on his appearance. It was just the joys of Zeltron genes to make him appear the best he could no matter what.

Sighing, "why should I be forced to do things your way when you refuse to even think about my way?" Rhys pointed out, "I might only care about my profits and my wellbeing, but to survive as long as I have. That is how I had to live." Rhys decided to offer a little insight into his life, believing it could be used as an easier way to manipulate the Jedi Master.

"You have lived a very luxurious life Jedi. You are privileged in ways that blinds you to why others do not act with kindness but selfishness, to be cruel and take what you can." Rhys had been a slave, a tool to fight and kill, tortured and beaten when he disobeyed and clawed his way to freedom, crushing those beneath him to gain it.

He had been forged to be this man by the galaxy, he did not see his way as bad, it was necessary. "Is it shady when I am not hiding my actions? People know I am a Zeltron, that my pheromones make them like me more, desire me? It is find to do it romantically and help others find romance but not okay to do it to encourage rich fools to give me money?" Rhys pointed out.

His expression was curious, he was trying to understand Valery's views since she seemed contradictory as he was to him. Saying acting in some ways for one result was fine, but doing the same actions for another thing was wrong. It was wild.

Tanaab
HAIuSyi.png

"Is it shady when I am not hiding my actions? People know I am a Zeltron, that my pheromones make them like me more, desire me? It is find to do it romantically and help others find romance but not okay to do it to encourage rich fools to give me money?"

Valery blinked and looked at him, her jaw dropped just a tad in disbelief, "Are you really comparing..." she shook her head and decided to completely ignore whatever had just left his mouth. Between whataboutism, delusions and weird comparisons, she saw no way to reason with any of it anymore.

But she wasn't going to let him exploit people in need.

"Rhys, I'm not going to allow your greed to manipulate people. I've made it very clear that your actions have consequences, so you have a choice to make. You can leave this planet at once and come back when they've actually chosen to hire your work for an agreed upon price, you can push the issue and I have full legal right to arrest you, or..." she paused and placed her hands on her hips.

"You work with me. We'll handle their little problem and you get paid, but a fair amount. If I then hear that you're coming back to demand more, or if you send any more threats to people like you have, I'll come after you and you'll be behind bars."

Breathing in deeply, the threat of being arrested never scared Rhys, he had been arrested before. Hells, he had suffered worse than prison and he always knew there would be someone, some opportunity for him to break out. Nobody was perfect and no prison was perfect. He also knew his ship was close to them and he would escape Valery if she truly attempted to arrest him. He would rather avoid it though, she was interesting and different. Mandalorians he had been interacting with lately were all about fighting and crusades, they believed Jedi and Sith to be evil. For Rhys, he disagreed with Valery and thought she was naive on the realities of the galaxy, but she held her beliefs with such conviction that it was interesting.

"It isn't greed." Rhys simply stated, honestly. "I desire something, I take it. It makes me happy and I wish to only be happy. The people I take from have more than they need and refuse to share. Until I persuade them otherwise. Then they get upset when I leave." His tone was simple, honest and with a belief that what he was doing wasn't actually wrong. He truly believed it was acceptable.

Tilting his head, "why do you get to decide what is a fair amount?" Rhys asked, genuinely curious. "I gave my terms to the people, they accepted. Is that not fair?" There was a look of genuine confusion about why Valery was allowed to dictate fair terms of pay but Rhys was not allowed to do so. "You have no more authority on this world than I do, I don't see why you can order me around on this world." He understood that she had some authority in the Alliance space but they were not in Alliance space, he could not see a way she could demand he accept certain payment terms here.

He was interested in working with her, but he was more curious about why Valery was able to throw her authority around. Perhaps he needed to be a Jedi to do the same? Going around the galaxy, acting in charge without concern. It sounded appealing.

Tanaab
HAIuSyi.png

"Have you been listening at all?" Valery asked with a perked brow, "I'm not the one who decides what the fair amount is. But seeing how every single person you're trying to 'help' reports you and contacts others to deal with you, I'd say you're doing a mighty terrible job not being greedy," Valery said rather bluntly. "You are greedy if you take money from others, merely because they don't want to share. Nobody owes you anything, yet you act as if they do."

"The reason I have the authority to stop you is because I was specifically asked to come here and deal with you by the authorities. I've told you this already but you just don't seem to listen. You, instead, came of your own volition to make demands and threaten people when they don't give you what you want. And don't give me your lies again - those messages you sent, threatening people, are real as well."

"These people want help, but under a fair contract or deal. If you can't provide that, then I have every bit of authority to remove you."

"So, one last time, what's your decision going to be?"

"I'm no more greedy than the politicians in your senate or the leaders of the corpos operating in your faction. They profit from the suffering of others. They just go through your loopholes to make it legal." Rhys stared down the Jedi. While he wasn't a socialist, his stance and beliefs were honest, his actions were deemed criminal but extorting others and greedily taking money from others unwilling to give it was something many exploited in society across the galaxy.

"The authority you come here with is one I don't recognise." Rhys stated bluntly. "And I will not be taken somewhere to be thrown in a cell to never see the light of day. I have been a slave once, I won't be a slave under your government."

The fun joy in Rhys's eyes was gone, there was a harshness, a look of old pain, old suffering and a refusal to return to that

"My actions might not be to your taste or to the taste of those you work for, but they get results and my demands are high, ridiculous high..." He paused and then tilted his head, "I sent the threats but do you really think I would action on them? If those governments didn't pay, do you truly think I would return there or just simply forget that and move on."

He placed his helmet back on and it hissed as it clicked into place. "I don't trust you nor those you work for. You came here and threatened to arrest me unless I worked for you and the way you wanted. Basically, you are trying to blackmail me into your ways. I don't respect that approach, hypocritical I know but we both seem to be so think that evens things out."

"I ain't looking to fight, so unless you are gunna try and show me my assumptions ain't true, likely best we part ways." Rhys stated firmly. He knew his ship was close by that he could jetpack away and ensure his escape. If this Jedi refused to back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom