Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shimmy shimmy cocoa pop!

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

A dimpled smile would be Jamie’s reward.

“Yeah, that looks great!” Kaile would agree with notable cheer. They would be able to sit down and enjoy a meal, maybe talk a little bit more. A warm little flutter bloomed within the strawberry blonde’s chest. It was looking to be a great day!

“Let me get some napkins.” she told Jamie, moving over to collect a handful along with a few packets of condiments. A straw for Jamie’s iced drink, a few extra mayo packages and she was done.

“So that’s why I’m okay with having him around,” the brown eyed girl finished her tale. They both ambled along towards the window seat. Sliding onto her chair, Kaile flashed a wide grin as the younger woman joined her.

“He’s been with me for so long, despite all the cons, I love the little guy.” she said a bit sheepishly, not because she was embarrassed, but because while Kaile was a bubbly person, she rarely ever used the term.

“So what brought you to Bespin?”

"Okay." She said simply, waiting for Kaile to grab what she needed before they grabbed their seats. Space was a bit limited, but they made it before a sudden rush of patrons poured in. Jamie looked over at the line now formed and made a relieved sigh. "Looks like we got here just in time! Look at that line!"

Once the two got settled in their seats she'd answer Kaile about why she was on Bespin. It wasn't much of a tale, more coincidence than anything really that they had met.

"I've been on Cartao for a while now, training mostly." Slowly the girl peeled back the small bit of paper wrapping around the sandwich, taking a sip of her Caf with her free hand. She then continued. "My teacher thought it would be good for me to get out for a bit, do a bit of exploring around the galaxy. I got a small checklist of places I wanted to visit. Bespin was just my first stop."

Jamie lifted the sandwich, examining it for a few moments before taking a hearty bite. The combination of flavors and fresh ingredients sent a wave of blissful joy coursing through her. Her eyes fluttered, and a muffled moan of food ecstasy made its' way through her lips. "Yummmm!"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

There was something about watching another person eat that brought a little bit of joy to Kaile’s day. Even more so when they were obviously enjoying their food. Sharing a meal together brought them closer, there was an intimacy in that. A bond that grew.

It was one of the reasons why the bulk of Kaile’s undercover missions involved her being a waitress or in the service industry of some sort. Having some form of substance was a trait every sentitent had in the ‘Verse. You can learn a lot from what a person eats, how they eat it, and what their diet consists of. Not to mention, it invited the sort of intimate environment that automatically gave a casual and easy going mood.

It was clear Jamie was the sort of individual who enjoyed eating. One that didn’t care what others might think about. Maybe a bit indecisive about it from how she couldn’t quite pick out a meal for herself, but the fact that Jamie had asked for Kaile’s opinion and trusted her judgement meant that the young blonde was open to trying new things and trusting of others.

“I’m glad you like it,” Kaile sang, a smile frosting her lips as she took a bite of her own. Oh, so her master wanted her to travel. That made sense. Actually, she really liked that idea. Most of the Jedi she knew had a tendency to stay in the temple instead. That Jamie’s master knew the importance of exploring was great news indeed.

After chewing on her food and taking a sip of her latte - ohstarsthatwassogood- Kaile gave a lively waggle of her brows over to the other woman.

“Oh a list?” now that was interesting. “Where else are you lookin’ to go to?” the place was starting to get more crowded. Jamie was right, they did arrive at a great time. Funny, despite the craziness from earlier, things were going great now!

It was true, Jamie loved food. She wasn't picky, just indecisive. Thought once something was put in front of her, and she was hungry? All bets were off. Although there were always some things she liked far less than others, she'd been raised to the point where one never declines food, even if it is something they disliked. The only thing she would ever flat out decline would be something that was slimy. She could force herself to down the foods made with thick cream, if entirely necessary, but the slime factor pushed her over the edge. Jamie's family was always of the mindset of food left uneaten was food wasted, food that was thrown away, despite the millions of starving and malnourished populations of countless worlds. It was simply her upbringing.

The sandwich she was indulging now however was simply fantastic. She could find no flaws with its' taste or preparation. Though, it wasn't as if it were a gourmet feast or anything, just a simple sandwich. But it was made with care, and fresh ingredients, and blended flavors well to create a perfect taste. When Kaile said that she was glad Jamie liked it, a big grin appeared on her face. Despite having a mouthful of sandwich, the younger girl nodded.

After she'd finished chewing and taking another few sips of her Caf she reached into her pocket and pulled out a small datapad, tapping on the screen a few times until she found the list she'd made of planets to visit, before passing it over to Kaile. "Here."
  • Bespin
  • Chazwa
  • Kashyyyk
  • Mandalore
  • Tatooine
  • Ryloth
  • Naboo (Visit Home!)
  • Cartao (Back To Training)
The final two were marked in parenthesis for obvious reasons. There was quite a bit to see before she had to return home, and now it seemed that Sullust was improvised as being next.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Licking a bit of the curry off her lower lip, Kaile set her elbows upon the table and leaned her torso forward. Her free hand took the datapad, turning it around so that it was upright. Alright, lesse…

Another hearty bite of her nuna curry salad sandwich, and Kaile read over Jamie’s list. Surprise would arch her eyebrows, hiding them under the length of her long bangs. She quickly chewed, holding her right hand up over her mouth as she said in a slightly muffled, surprised voice, “Oh you just started?”

Well that was neat! Kaile quickly took a sip of her chai and washed down that bite. The next name on the list prompted a level of concern. Jamie would be able to notice right away the sudden change in her demeanor, the worry.

“So you’ll be going to Chazwa next?” Kaile set her sandwich down. It was the capital of the Republic. Normally that would be great, but the reports she’d received and what came on the holonews told a story that made Kaile worry.

“Be careful there.” It was Jamie’s choice of course, but after what happened with the Prime Minister and then the thing about the Jedi… “Especially now. They are going through some sort of political clash. There was news of the execution of Pee-oh-double-yous… a rumor about an order to arrest Jedi and label them as traitors. Plus the whole thing about the clone army and the republic forces fighting each other.

Chawza took the worst hit.. Cartao after the whole deal with the Corporations and Spaarti….” Kaile wouldn’t know that Jamie’s master was actually the former Prime Minister’s right hand woman. The one responsible for overseeing the executions. The leader of the clone army that had gone against the republic and responsible for alleged war crimes.

Jamie knew the concern in Kaile's voice was because of the unsettling news that spread from the Republic capital world. The girl set down her food back on to the paper wrap and ran her hand up through her hair, brushing it back and away from her face. A crinkle of her nose followed by a small shrug.

"Yea. My family though traveled a lot to war torn worlds, did what they could for people there, helped with medical supplies or relief efforts. That sort of thing. I figure if nothing else my presence will be minimal, and at worst the reputation of my family should suffice to get me out of any bind there."

She smiled, her eyes glancing out through the window beside the two, watching as others walked past. A small Togruta child pressed his face against the window and made a goofy look at the two before being tugged along by his mother. Jamie couldn't help but laugh before turning back to Kaile.

"Besides! I'm not a Jedi. So there would be no reason to arrest me." She winked, as if the term Jedi only meant actual Jedi, and not Force users in general. Then again, Jamie had also heard conflicting reports and rumors about what was happening there. Her teacher had been somewhat discreet about the entire ordeal, and Jamie didn't want to endanger herself or others based off of speculation, so she simply changed the subject to something more lighthearted.

"Sullust sounds like a fun detour though."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

A snort of laughter at the funny face, and then Kaile took a deep breath.

“Okay, that’s better then.” Kalie may have just met Jamie, but she was genuinely worried over the younger woman. The agent already liked her, and she didn’t want anything to happen to her. That was just how she was. Always looking out for others.

As long as she’s safe!

The combination of the silly face of the Togruta child and Jamie reassuring she would be safe reassured the Lorrdian. Another glance of the list and Kaile mulled over what else to tell her. Granted, that’s when Jamie mentioned about Sullust being a fun detour.

Kaile scrunched up her nose in a silly grin. “Mmm.. It can be! There are loads of things to do there.” her face brightened in her animation, and it was evident that the woman would use her hands to talk as much as her voice.

“The temple there is really pretty! They have a floating biome with a large botanical garden.” she began to detail some of the fun place she personally enjoyed. “There are also the lava rides! Oh! and the spas! They have nice little mud bathhouses and some public hot springs. Dirt cheap too! I managed to get into one for ten credits and they allowed me to stay for twelve hours!”
A few people would glance at their direction at just how animated Kaile was being. Kaile, however, didn’t seem to be bothered at all. She was in a happy place sharing this with Jamie.

“My skin never felt so soft! I can take you there if you like?”

Blue eyes focused on Kaile while she spoke, though Jamie took the opportunity to continue munching away at her sandwich while the other girl talked about Sullust and all of the different activities and things to see there.

Judging by her enthusiasm and excitement over visiting the place it seemed as though there was quite a bit to do, and would make for a good stop on the way to her other destinations. The temple would surely have plenty of Jedi information that she would love to learn about. The botanical garden sounded beautiful, though the lava rides sounded rather dangerous. Perhaps she'd inquire more about those later. The hot springs, that was her jam. Jamie loved piping hot water lounging.

When she finally finished chewing, swallowing, and sipping her Caf to clear her throat Jamie replied with a sunny, eager attitude. "It sounds perfect! The temple, the garden, the springs! I'd love to see them all!"

This trip was turning out to be more than she had originally bargained for. The assumption was that she'd be traveling alone and just spending a day or so at each destination before heading home. Kaile had been a bit of a wildcard that was unexpected but entirely welcome in that she provided a friend to chat with and travel with, even if their initial meeting was a bit chaotic.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Great! You'll have a blast, I'm sure of it!" legs swinging under the table in her giddiness, Kaile took another scrumptious bite of her curry sandwich. Outside, the sun was setting, and the entirety of Bespin became swathed in colors of gold, rust, and amber. It tinted the clouds with the palest rouge, the rays of light filtering through the atmosphere with such beauty.

Kaile's smile would settle into a soft, whimsical smile. "Bespin has some of the most beautiful sunsets." the agent said softly, the light of the setting sun basking the two young women sitting in the caf shop. This was nice. Kaile normally never really had the chance now a days to sit down and enjoy a meal. Things had gotten pretty hectic lately.

Turning back to Jamie, Kaile would broaden her smile. "So what do you like to do for fun, Jamie?"

The younger blonde smiled to Kaile, the dimples on her cheeks on wide display as she sat across from the older girl. "You've gotten me excited for this little detour now!" In her anxiousness Jamie had quickly finished the last few bites of the sandwich, leaving a few stray crumbs atop the paper wrapper which she then folded neatly into a small square and placed on the tray. Her Caf was a few small sips away from being finished off. Just as well, she was eager to get going to Sullust now that Kaile had talked up the planet with such grandeur that hardly anything else was on her mind now.

Jamie set her chin in the palm of her hand, propped up by her elbow on the table as she gazed out at the sunset imagining what other things she might see when they arrived, and perhaps even learn something from Kaile on the way there! Things sure had changed in her plans over the last few hours. She came to when she heard Kaile ask what she liked to do for fun. "Wha-? Oh!" She had heard Kaile, but her mind faltered for a moment and she had begun asking the girl to repeat the question, stopping herself when she realized what had actually been asked. "Fencing. Swordplay. It has always kinda been my thing. It always got me out of doing the politics thing with my parents." She shrugged, "Now, this is my fun." She waived with her hand all around her. "Exploring when my teacher gives me some free time."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kaile's eyes would widen with intrigue and a touch of excitement.

"Oh fencing?" She took a final bite out of her nuna curry salad sandwich, making sure she got every crumb - waste not, want not - and crumbled it up between her hands. She set the ball down in front of her, holding up her finger while she finished chewing. I had been a big bite! Licking her lips, she took another sip of her chai latte to wash it down. Ohhh that was just divine!

Just a little guilty pleasure.

Food washed down, Kaile again spoke, leaning over the table a bit upon her forearms. "And swordfighting? Does that mean you know how to use a saber?" a small scrunch of her face came next. "Oh, no.. that wouldn't be right. A lightfoil!" Her face immediately brightened as she remembered what the specific light weapon was.

Jamie gave Kaile a nod. The girl was most definitely excitable when it came to just about anything. It was that spunky eagerness to explore and see things that had landed her in trouble back at that skycar race. But it was a trait Jamie had rarely come across in her 18 years of life and by that it was welcome with open arms.Save for a few friends of hers most people in her circle of family and acquaintances were uptights that knew nothing about having fun in any capacity short of gala events and fancy balls.

"That's it." She offered as Kaile corrected herself. "I was the best for my age group. I suppose having the Force as an unknowing aide sort of helped that a bit."

The girl leaned over the table, scooping up the bit of trash and adding it to her pile. The least she could do was throw everything away. After all, Kaile had paid for everything when she really didn't have to.

"Thank you - For lunch that is." A wide smile cast over her face. "It was delicious!" As she turned to discard the waste into the trash a few steps away and place the tray in the return she threw her voice a bit back so that Kaile would hear her. "Should we be going before it gets too dark?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kaile came to her feet as Jamie thanked her for the meal. Immediately, Kaile gave a wave of her hand to gesture it was okay and a shake of her head.

"Don't worry about it! It was my pleasure," she insisted, shining a wide sunny grin at the younger blonde. Weaving her fingers through her hair, she tucked the wayward strawberry blonde strands behind her ears. A small excited spike of her eyebrows and a rock of her feet indicated that she was on board with heading off.

"Yup!" Her hands fell and she hooked her thumbs along the straps of her satchel by both shoulders. Bobo was still happily perched on Kaile's right shoulder, latched on tightly on the fabric to prevent himself from falling.

"You'll have to take point here," the Lorrdian told Jamie, coming up beside her. A few little younglings went laughing past them, each holding their own little toy speeder. The vrooommm sound made from their mouths as they went past was comical to say the least. Kaile laughed.

"Okay, let's get going," it had been a nice stop at the StarCaf. With a full belly and a new friend, Kaile felt she had lucked out this day so far. Who knew what else the day would bring?!

"So what sort of ship do you have?" Kaile would ask her. Her time in the Rebellion and with undercover jobs meant that she spent some roles as a ship mech. Nothing fancy, but she knew her way around a serverdriver and a hydrospanner. That was why the Messa had so many upgrades the past year. With Kurt and Kaile working together, they managed to make it the fastest ship in the 'verse! Granted, Kurt was always looking for ways to make it go even faster -- which Kaile would humor as they both mulled on the tweaks and changes they could do.

A single look back to the table just to make sure nothing had been forgotten was all it took to satisfy Jamie that they were ready to go. "Then off we go to Sullust!"

Hurrying towards the exit she opened the door for a couple who were just on their way in, a smile and a softly spoken "You're welcome" after they had thanked her for holding it for them. She then stood to the side to let Kaile through as well before letting her fingers slip away from the handle and slowly close again. It likely wouldn't take long to reach the ship, though Jamie had completely forgotten what level she docked her ship at originally.

As the pair walked she took the opportunity to talk about the ship she'd been loaned by Keira, and through Keira, the Republic, while she thought about which floor they'd have to catch a lift to. "It's nothing fancy at all. An old Star Skiff, J-Type. My teacher loaned it to me, she usually uses it when making trips of her own. It's safe, fly's well. Better than I can fly it anyway." She was still a terrible pilot, even after a bit of training.

"It's cozy."

Jamie's eyes watched as Bobo sat contently upon Kaile's shoulder while she walked. He was a curious little guy, she couldn't help but give him a little waive as he turned his small head towards her.

"When was the last time you were on Sullust?" The walk would take another minute or so, so Jamie decided to fill it with conversation and learn some more about Kaile.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Just an old Star Skiff? J -type?

That was more than just your typical freighter. Kaile's eyes grew wide, and she gave a low whistle. "One of them shiny ones? From Theed Palace?" Kaile only knew about those because of her work with Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps. Those were.. wow.

Some kind of fancy, especially for Kaileann.

Her jaw dropped. Even refurbished, the star yacht was well worth more than five years worth of pay. She couldn't imagine owning one, much the less traveling around in it. That was some kind of luxury. A curious thought came to the Lorrdian. Who was Jamie's master that they could afford something like that?

Even on loan.

The Jedi certainly didn't have the credits for it.

"Oh. Sullust?" The last time she was on Sullust.. a faint grimace. Well that was when the One Sith had decided to do an impromptu attack. "Ahh, about a month back." she told her. That had been a particularlly painful encounter. Shrapnel from the attack had latched itself onto Kaile's shoulder. Needless to say, when Kurt had come to pick her up, he had not been particularly pleased. As expected, he had set about looking after her. If anything, Kurt was very attentive. They had such an odd relationship, but it worked.

"I go back from time to time. I do a bit of traveling. Mostly been sticking to the Outer Rim and Wild Space as of late. What with the war and all, kinda reckon it is good to avoid that area of the 'Verse."

Jamie held up a hand and waived it dismissively. "No, no. Not shiny. The chromium plating was not installed on this model. It's just your average durasteel hull with nothing but the basics."

Sure, Keira was the commander in chief of the Republic's clone army, and she was the confidant of Lasedri, but she wasn't exactly the Supreme Commander of the military, or royalty. There were certain luxuries afforded to her, but nothing out of the way glamorous, least of all a flashy star skiff decked out in chromium plating for adventuring across the galaxy upon one's whim. No, it was just a very stripped down version of the Skiff, which Kaile would see soon enough, once they reached the docking bay.

Which was about the time they arrived at the lift, the doors opening for the two to step inside. "Ummmm." Said the blonde, with a bit of pinkish cheeks notating her embarrassment. "Which floor are the docks? I forgot."

There was a hint of sadness in Kaile's voice as she spoke of Sullust, and Jamie could have swore she had heard some type of rumor about an attack there, but really hadn't paid much attention to the Alliance and otherworldly news to know much about it. "War finds its way everywhere, eventually. Can't run from it forever. At least, that's how things seem anyway."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Umm," Kaile's eyes would widen, as there were several areas the docks could be. It just depended on just where Jamie had docked her ship. "Reckon the Tourist District has lots of those." that is when Kaile began to bite her lip in a slight nervous tick.

".. Which could be anywhere from Level One to Fifty..." okay no need to panic, she thought to herself. "What do you remember about the level were you docked the skiff?" Kaile asked Jamie. They could narrow this down through process of elimination and by common geographic locations. It would take a little bit longer, but they could knock this out by working together.

"We can start at fifty and then narrow everything down." Kaile would lock her brown eyes with Jamie's, fully showing her support on this. With them working together, they could knock this out of Cloud City in no time.

Jamie's hand slipped over the back of her head and rubbed her neck, a look of complete embarrassment washing over her face as she looked at the turbolift panel.

You didn't pay any attention to the levels you were on! You're going to be lost on Bespin .... FOREVER.

The blonde could feel the pressure now. This city in the clouds had hundreds of levels, none of which she could remember for the life of her having visited. Okay...Just calm down....You can figure this out....

"Ummmm...What level were we on when we got chased by the mob for touching that skycar? I'd only visited two other floors before that." She tried desperately to rack her brain with anything she could remember.

Problem was, she got so caught up in sight seeing she forgot to pay any attention to the site she docked at. "Ummm..I remember....There were only four landing pads." What else...What else!

"And....Ummm...One of the ships were unloading some type of freight." That was it...That's all she could remember. She looked at Kaile, her distress clearly evident on the younger girl's face. "This is awful. I'm sorry."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kaile immediately took a step forward. Jamie was panicking, her pale blue eyes wide in growing alarm.

"Hey, hey!" the agent would reach out, attempting to take Jamie's hands into her own. "It's okay!" Kaile reassured Jamie, flashing her an encouraging smile. There was an earnestness in her voice that would state that Kaile completely believed it.

"We can do this. Just have to narrow it down. Don't worry. I'm right here." it might be an odd thing to hear from someone that Jamie barely met a few hours ago, but Kaileann meant it.

"Okay, I was on the forty-sevent floor," Kaile told the younger blonde, her face scrunching up to recall thereafter. "You said you only traveled four levels?" That meant it that her landing pad could be either on the forty-fifth floor or the forty-ninth.

"So... Forty-fifth or the Forty-ninth!" her expression brightened to one that said, see, not too bad! "We can go to the forty-ninth floor first. See if it has those four landing pads. If it doesn't, we can try the forty-seventh. I'm sure you'll see something familiar in either level that will jog your memory!"

An encouraging squeeze of her hands would follow.

"How does that sound?"

In a matter of seconds Kaile sounded more like Jamie's mom than anything. A furrowed brow and few small blinks would take her back for just a moment, as if she was having some sort of deja vu of a moment long since passed. Strange. Jamie shook her head, snapping herself out of the momentary daze, but realizing that Kaile had misunderstood her.

"No, no. I said I'd only been to two other floors before the one I'd met you on, not four floors in between the one I met you on..." That same hint of nervousness returned. "I'm not sure what the distance was between the two. I would imagine not much, but I don't know for sure." Her neck muscles flared a bit, straining her face in a bit of a sheepishly afraid expression. "Sorry. I'm a bit of a disaster sometimes. I promise I'm not always a space case!"

A puff of air pushed through her cheeks as she stared at the panel on the wall. "I guess just pick one around there and we'll go looking?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom