Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shimmy shimmy cocoa pop!

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Rays of light would flicker across them as they would descend levels. The whine of the turbolift joining the slight rumble as it went. Turbo Lifts always gave Kaile that slight lurch in her stomach. One where you weren’t quite sure if it felt good or if it was too scary. Maybe it was just her.

Kaile couldn’t help but look quizzingly at Jamie. Running away because one didn’t want to get into politics? From home and their family? That seemed so… odd to Kaile.

Being an orphan meant that there was an appreciation of what others had that she did not. Not to mention, her work as an espion had her move constantly throughout the ‘Verse. She didn’t get to see friends as often as she liked, it would break her cover. Hearing that someone would willing run away from all that was odd to her.

“But what about your family? Friends?” Kaile would ask, not judging but earnest in trying to understand. “Your home. Don’t you miss it?” The past few months had seen Kaile find a measure of stability, a home. Kurt was to thank for that, for he took her in and helped her after she was fired. It was nice. She had her own bedroom and she and Kurt now decorated and were constantly upgrading the Messa. It also helped that Kaile now had companionship. Kurt was a blast to be around with, and now they were good friends with all the benefits - a girl has to fight off insomnia somehow!

All jokes aside, Kurt gave Kaile what she had been missing for a while. Companionship. Bobo did wonders, but it wasn’t the same.

“Yeah, they are real. Just lots of flavors of them.” she would explain to the younger blonde woman. “You have the Jedi Order, the New Jedi Order, the Silver Sanctum… “slender digits would be used as tick marks. “Then you have the Jensaarai, the Zeison Sha, the Witches of Dathomir…” up to six now, and having to juggle her package by pressing it against her belly. “Then there are the Forcers who help out in companies like Omega Pyre.” Omega Pyre was big, as it was part of the Protectorate, one that had overseen Naboo for years. That wouldn’t have been a surprise for Jamie, even familiar.

“There are so many out there…” Kaile knew this because of her time during Omega Pyre. Her job required her to have extensive knowledge in culture, languages, current events. It is why the datasplint helped at times.

“All of them help people in one form or another… They are all different and unique.”

With a heavy sigh Jamie nodded. "Yes. I miss them terribly. It can get pretty lonely out here; Not knowing anyone."

Something that often puzzled her was how so many people seemed to be entirely passive about the entire idea; Living alone among the stars, with nobody at your side and nowhere to call home except the cold hull of a starship and a fist full of credits to get to your next destination. It seemed like such a dull, hopeless existence. She could never quite understand how it was that people didn't lose their sanity on these distant planets.

"Sometimes I think about going back, but the pain of leaving them for a second time would be more than I, or they, could likely handle. So for now I have to do what I have to do to get by. It's hard, but I have no choice."

The girl's eyes widened with awe at the sheer number of Jedi Orders there seemed to be floating around the galaxy, and even more so that Kaile even knew some of them. Figuring that was something of a well kept secret so looked at the woman with a bit of suspicion. "How exactly do you know about all of these Jedi types?"

There was a small hint in her voice that was slightly accusatory, begging the question as to whether or not Kaile was something more than she was letting on.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Their turbolift would start to slow, their decent almost bringing them towards their objective. At Jamie's narrowing of her eyes, Kaile couldn't help but giggle.

"You've heard of Omega Pyre, right?" Considering the greater half of the western galaxy had the Omega Protectorate and Omega Pyre overseeing them for several decades, Jamie should be familiar with it.

"Learned about 'em there." The Omega Pyre is a corporatcracy located on Fondor, Thyferra, and Yag'Dhul, but it had been the heart of the Private Military Company that had birthed the Omega Protectorate. Here, much like the Corporate Sector Authority of long ago, the company would hire itself out towards various contracts, but its main focus was on the protection of the trade lanes and their worlds up and down the Hydian way, Rimma, The Corellian Trade Spine, and the Sanctuary Pipeline.

They were also the first to chart and connect those worlds in their vast exploratory corps. The Omega Protectorate had been known as a haven for Fringe Force groups, and this was why Naboo itself, saw Ithorian Priests, Jensaarai, Zension Sha... even Shapers of Kro Var. All of these groups had actually joined together to defend Naboo during the first invasion attempt of the Confederate Systems, successfully defending it.

"There's all sorts of folk gathering together.. learning what they can do to help people." her friendly grin grew wider. "And there ain't no code that you have to stick to per se... as long as you are there to help people."

A pause.

"Well.. 'cept for the Sith. The Pyre didn't take to kindly to them after what happened..." that was the first time Naboo had ever made contact with an outside presence. Stars, that had been so long ago. What that Sith Master had done with the Gungans along with the Bando Gora had left the Pyre with a distaste in their mouth, resulting in the ban at hiring any known Sith into the Pyre's ranks.

Their turbo lift came to a halt, the door sliding open. Kaile pushed herself off the wall and began to walk through the threshold.

"Just gotta find out what is out there, honestly. You'd be surprised. It isn't all black and white. Not anymore."

Jamie nodded, The Pyre had been the overseeing governance of Naboo for quite some time before and after her birth.

"I'm familiar with them, though they no longer have much of a presence over my home. It seems their structure of leadership gave way, and now, while we do still have a queen, the Techno Union has decided to incorporate Naboo within their collective. Whether that's good or bad is simply a matter of who you ask I suppose."

Jamie shrugged. she rarely paid much attention at all to the higher beings of the world.

"History is just that - History. I want to help people going forward, not dwell on what's behind us. My family are the ones who frequently report on the past to raise concerns of the future. That's not how I think."

Her master belonged to no Order. She claimed she was not a Jedi, but Jamie really had no reference of the term. She had done things with the Force, things that she couldn't explain before hand other than 'That's what Jedi do.' So to her anyone that could utilize the magic of the Force was a Jedi, unless they brought harm to innocent people. The mark of evil was all she knew of the Sith. What they did, how to identify them, those were still points to be raised with Keira.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Moving past the threshold, Kaile would mull on that.

"So, then how do you think?" she would ask her, moving out towards the main lobby area that would lead them deeper into the Port Town. Oddly enough, this area wasn't too shabby. One might even say this was a bit cleaner than the upper levels. It likely had something to do with the Ugnaughts that live on this level, who make sure that their territory are ran like a well oiled machine.

A small pause, and then Kaile would pick up her datapad. Just had to double check the directions.

"What do you think?"

"I think what matters is now. What we should do is leave the past in the past, and move forward with new ideas. Everyone wants things the way they were. Nobody can handle change, but change is the only true constant."

She followed along beside the other girl, for a moment simply observing the area they arrived in. While far from being luxurious or lavish, it was at the very least clean and orderly. Bespin was such a strange place, the architecture and layout of the city more of a vertical design than horizontal. A masterpiece of design, though unfortunately still fell victim to the same plague that most cities suffered, slums and gangs.

"All I want is to do something for the good of the galaxy. To help people of repressed worlds and free them from tyranny of corrupt government.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

That was interesting.

"Which sort of governments do you think are corrupt?" That was such a broad term, and there were many governments in the galaxy. it seemed like a more, aggressive negotiation style than anything.

Curious.

"Did something happen to make you think that?"

She lifted her shoulders, then dropped them. "Nothing happened to me personally, if that's what you mean."

The way things changed hands so radically and quickly in the galaxy was so incredibly confusing. Wars were constant and ever changing between different people it was hard to believe that any were truly right in their ways, though some were far better than others, despite their claims to the contrary.

"My parents spent a lot of time off world visiting places for relief aide or peace talks, that sort of thing. I've heard stories of the brutality of the Sith, some story about this organization called the Black Rose that supposedly poisoned, or performed tests on an entire world somewhere on the fringes of space." Her cheeks puffed, exhaling a heavy breath. "The Primeval, I don't really know much of them to be honest, just what I've read and seen on HoloVids, but they seem pretty nasty too."

She held up her hand, "Then again, the things I've heard recently about the Republic are troubling as well." Jamie thought perhaps her perceived stance against governments was a bit too literal. "I don't mean I plan to wage war against these rulers, but the people suffering within their borders I would intend to help in whatever manner possible."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

A small holographic map would bloom over Kaile's wristcomm, the Browncoat Datalogger. A small green dot would lightly fade in and out. Their objective.

Okay, not too far now.

Kalie turned to look at Jamie, prompting her to follow her down the eastern corridor. A few Duros and a Bith had a couple of storefronts, but for the most part, it was a very industrial type section. Gas and water lines hung above the high ceilings, with catwalks going from one end to another.

"There's all kinds of things happening in the 'Verse," Kaile would concur sadly. She knew exactly what Jamie was referencing too, the updates that came in encrypted channels made that clear.

"So is that why you think being a Jedi is the best way." perhaps a bit idealistic, but then again, if she heard correctly, things were going a bit crazy there too. To be fair, look at me, Kaile mused herself. Her route in life had her start in the Rebellion, then Omega Pyre, and then finally the Galactic Alliance.

"Have you met any Jedi?" did she know about the Jedi on Lothal?

"The best way? I don't know, really. I think it's the best chance I have." She glanced over at the datapad Kaile was holding that guided them along the streets and walkways. "I think if I was given the ability to tap into this kind of power I should at least make something of it, right? It would be a waste to ignore something you were given when you have the chance to use it to help people."

To her, the term Jedi just meant people that could access the Force, wield a lightsaber, and make the galaxy a better place. That was her simple explanation of a Jedi. To her, Orders were just groupings of folks with similar goals and ideals. Jamie didn't so much care for the idea of any particular Order, her master after all was not part of one, so she saw little reason to bring herself to join one if it wasn't a necessity.

"I've never met any Jedi, no. I've read about them, seen a few HoloVids, and I thought my master was a Jedi, but she claims she isn't, just someone who helps where she can."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

At that Kaile slowed to a halt. A thought came to her then. She spun on the ball of her boot and turned to face Jamie with an earnest expression.

"Would you like to meet some?" The Lorrdian asked her, curious if given the opportunity the younger blonde woman would take the chance to meet Jedi.

Jamie stopped, almost dumbfounded that the other girl just nonchalantly asked if she'd like to meet some, as if there were just some kind of open gathering of Jedi that anyone and everyone could stop by for like a meet and greet.

She raised a brow, a bit of disbelief in her eyes as she folded her arm beneath the another.

"What do you mean? I'd love to meet some...But they don't seem to just come running when you mention them. How does someone just meet a Jedi?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

At that the corner of Kaile's mouth gave and upward quirk, a dimple blooming on her cheek.

"I don't know any here," Kaile told her, adding," on Bespin." To clarify. Her fingers have a happy little drum on her box. "But I know where there is a Jedi Temple." It was a New Jedi Order one. That was on Sullust. There was also the one on Lothal. Few knew about that one, but rumor had it that only those of the Order could enter.

"But if you have a way to get to Sullust..." She nibbled get lower lip, thinking it through. It wouldn't take long. They could even take public transport! And she could always have Kurt come pick her up at Sullust!

"I can take you there." She offered, smiling warmly with an open friendliness rare in the 'Verse indeed.

Kaile was odd. She seemed so...Ordinary. There was something about her though that was not quite right, like she knew more of something that she wasn't letting on. Even if she knew where the Jedi Temples were, how would she know any Jedi herself? They didn't seem to be the type of places that anyone just walks in and around at their leisure.

"How do you know any Jedi on Sullust?" She turned her head slightly to the side, glaring curiously at Kaile with a half closed eye. "I have a small ship, yes..."

The only temple Jamie had really known much about was the one that had been famously situated on Coruscant in the past. Kaile seemed to know an awful lot about the galaxy, even for a traveler. Still, the idea of meeting Jedi was interesting. Perhaps Keira wouldn't mind her student taking a slightly extended vacation.

"Even if we go to this place, what makes you think they would have any interest in meeting me, or us?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

“I’ve worked with some before.” Kaile told her honestly, starting back up on their little walk. Two lefts, one right, and then they’d be at the production facility where she would drop off the package to her contact. A chuckle bubbled forth at the ‘why’.

“A few enjoy talking. They may be Jedi, but they are still people, like you and me -- and sociable. Not to mention, they are always recruiting. With how everything is going on, and not many of them to begin with, making a new home seemed like a thing to do.” a few came from the Republic, others from the Silver Sanctum.

“They have a small Jedi Academy there too.. “ she frowned, “If I remember correctly.” a lot of this information came from Kaile simply talking to people when she was at Sullust. Others from first hand experience. She spent her time being embedded as a normal, typical worker bee.

Working with Jedi, or any other Force user wasn’t a new thing for Kaile. Maybe because she spent so much time in the Pyre and then subsequently with the Alliance. Master Voidstalker, Master Matteo, Master Eden. Then there was even Master Liadain, if she remembered correctly.

“And the New Jedi Order is on Sullust.” she told her, playing with the brown package in her hands, juggling it so. It was as if this was a simple conversation over tea. “They recently built a temple there.” a curious glance would pass over Jamie then.

“Have you ever heard of the Galactic Alliance?”

Jamie had a look of pure confusion drawn all across her face. "You've worked with Jedi?" She stopped in her stride, her eyes fixated on the elder girl. "Doing what exactly?" It seemed odd that Kaile would be working with the Jedi for anything, they seemed a pretty self-reliant bunch given that they had the ability to perform feats that many would simply deem impossible. Puzzle pieces started coming together in her mind that perhaps Kaile was a bit more than she was letting on. Perhaps she wasn't exactly a Jedi, but something similar? After all, Keira wasn't a Jedi per say, but she was similar as well.

"Do you have this power too? Is that how you know so much about Jedi and where they all come from, where they live? What they do?" She began rattling off question after question in the middle of the street.

"Are you some kind of spy for them?" She placed her hands on her hips, cocking her head to the side. "You sure know an awful lot about their actions..."

Her mind was so focused on the Jedi and Kaile's connection that she hadn't even heard mention of the Galactic Alliance.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kaile's eyes grew wide, first in surprise then in amusement. To be frank, Jamie's reaction wasn't something to be too shocked about. Most folk rarely got to see any Forcers. Then again, just where did she come from that she missed the One Sith and the Republic war? There were at least some accounts on the Holonet that would go more into that.

"I worked with the Protectorate before." she told her, which was true. She was Omega Pyre, assigned to the Galactic Alliance. "We had several humanitarian and exploration missions assigned along with them... among with others." meaning, not just the Jedi. She began to walk again, assuming Jamie would follow her, considering how curious she was.

Another laugh. "No, they have their own people who work with them. The Alliance." no she was not tasked to be an espion for the New Jedi Order. She was tasked elsewhere.

"Travel the 'Verse a long while you get to meet lots of folk of every variety." she didn't answer about being a Forcer herself. "With what is left of the Pyre now working with the Alliance, you get to sell all kinds of Jedi over at Sullust." Kaile told her.

Jamie gave Kaile a nod. "I see! So you've seen quite a bit then! That's exciting."

Humanitarian missions and aide was something her parents had done quite frequently in between their work on Naboo. Perhaps Kaile had met her parents without even knowing! It seemed possible at least. She noticed that Kaile didn't exactly answer her with regard to being sensitive to the Force, but her answer made enough sense that it didn't much occur to her that she may have been dodging the question, and thus she didn't press the question any further.

As they walked nearing their destination, Jamie tucked her hands beneath her underarms and thought about the offer Kaile had made about visiting the Jedi on Sullust. Finally breaking the silence that had settled between the two Jamie spoke with a bit of excitement

"If you think there's time after we deliver your package and are up for it, and of course if you think they'll want to meet me I don't see any reason not to at least go!"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kaile gave a half smile, "Well.. reckon I've been traveling around for a long while now." she would add, gesturing for her to move towards the left corridor. It was more crowded here, with what seemed to be a small market place. Various booths containing wares. It was so curious how every level would change. That wasn't to say that the danger was completely gone; on the contrary, that was exactly why there were a few droid guards build and maintain by the Ugnaughts throughout.

"This won't take long at all. Just a drop off." she would gesture and shake the brown box in her hands gently. Once she got this datachip, the clan would be able to start transferring any information they gathered of the First Order. It was a long term gig, but the datachip would transfer into an encrypted signal that would send out information on a set timer, in small datapackets.

"We can grab a bite to eat and find some public transportation there." it shouldn't be TOO expensive, the espion would muse, not knowing that Jamie had her own ship.

"So where do you come from?" she meant her homeworld of course, as she had yet to say from what place.

Jamie followed as Kaile led the two, her eyes darting from vendor to vendor. Some sold various foreign trinkets and foodstuffs. Others sold locally made wares, parts, and equipment. Had the two not been on their way to make an already late delivery Jamie may have suggested they stop to browse some of the items. After all, the girl had little legitimate purpose for being on Bespin, save for being free to explore for the time being. Her master had given her a bit of leeway during her training to get a bit more cultured and some exploration desires out of her system.

"Okay!" She said, chipper tone to her voice, noticeable as well by her bit of spring in her step as she walked along beside Kaile. "Food sounds great! I'm getting hungry." She motioned with a rub of her tummy just before realizing that she had a ship. Did she want to bring a stranger on board a ship she didn't own? Then again, Kaile had selflessly offered to bring her to meet Jedi, so what could go wrong, honestly? "I have a ship we can take. It's not big, and it's not pretty, but I have one."

A moment would pass before she realized Kaile had asked her another question, her mind temporarily having been distracted by something shiny resting on a fancy cloth at one of the booths.

"Oh! Um...Naboo. Theed, specifically. My family has a rather large house in the inner city. It's really quite pretty."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom