Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shimmy shimmy cocoa pop!

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Well if she had a ship, that made it all the more easier!
Que Kaile not even being concerned about entering some strange girl’s ships. Granted, this was because Kaile could take care of herself; not to mention, reading Jamie’s body language told her that she had no ill intent.

“Oh Naboo?” well now that really made sense! The Politics, the sense of responsibility. They started them young there. I think the current Queen is only sixteen years old…

Whatever other thoughts she had were quickly dispersed. A small beep of Kaile’s comm would relay their proximity to the drop off. With a grin, she glanced up to see a building with two large double doors. There were a few ugnaughts around, and one or two would glance at their direction with curious eyes.

“Okay, we’re here.” Kaile informed Jamie with a smile. “Just give me a few minutes. This won’t take long.” Up ahead, there were other small merchant booths that would sell curious curios created by the Ugnaughts.

“If you like little interesting bits, they sell some great ones down here from what I gather.” and she would be right. Among the regular bits of tech, there would even be a few salvaged lightsaber parts, half a dozen types of crystals, and some tech trinkets for barter or buy.

"Okay! I'll be around here then. Just come find me I guess after you're finished. I'm sure I won't be far."

She smiled, giving Kaile a quick nod of the head before bouncing off down the street just a ways towards some of the vendors and the small gathered crowd that had formed about some of the booths. Jamie still had little knowledge of lightsabers, and even less so of how to construct one herself. A few of the parts she recognized, but for all she knew every single part required to build one of the legendary weapons could have been set on display before her and she'd be none the wiser. Even worse, her funds were lacking these days.

Jamie turned back towards the building that Kaile had entered moments prior, just to make sure she had in fact gone inside before continuing to browse some of the wares. The girl noticed a few rather shady looking fellows eyeing one particular vendor's items with a bit more than desire in their eyes than they had intent to pay. Jamie placed the small bracelet she'd been looking at back down on the table, smiling to the friendly looking Ugnaught behind the table, turning her attention to the other two as she stood by watching closely.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Blude?"

A series of snorts and grunts would be directed her way. Her datasplit allowed her to get the overall bit of what was being said. The First Order had recently been seen spreading from Skye. Reports would indicate that the Guild had every reason to believe that they would head to the Ison Corridor soon.

Rekha's cantina was still the spot to meet at, with several Underground contacts still able to work and pull together there. However, were the First Order to claim Bespin, that could change. Not only for the protection of the movement, but for Rekha as well.

"Okay," Kaile gave another nod, extending the package. "Here it is. Everything is ready with it." A small datachip was given to her in turn, one she pocketed on her hip.

"Packets are sent ever thirteen minutes. Nothing over this size," she would reemphasize. "Good?" another grunt and snort. Kaile gave a grin.

"Okay great!" another pause, "Is there a StarCaf around here?"

The two continued talking to one another in some kind of coded dialect that Jamie didn't understand. It was some kind of jumbled galactic basic, yet not anything she'd heard before. Words were substituted where they didn't belong, others were omitted. Sentences didn't sound like they made any sense and others were crushed together to form entirely new words and syllables. It was like the language was changed without changing anything about it.

Odd. She thought as she listened to them. More interesting than their dialect however, was their actions. While one spoke in strange jargon to the vendor, taking away his attention, the other began to slowly scoop up a combination of small metallic trinkets, likely something of relative value. One by one he deposited the items into a small purse on his belt. Jamie nearly spoke up right then, but decided against it, instead determined to remain patient and see what exactly they planned on doing.

For another few minutes they maintained conversation, all the while Jamie standing just a few feet behind in obvious observation. One must have felt the burning eyes behind them, as when one turned, so too did the other. All parties involved knew what she had seen. The girl swallowed, but there was suddenly a rather large knot in her throat. She backed up a step, then another. The pair whispered to one another.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Meanwhile, Kaile was oblivious to Jamie's growing concerns. She wasn't one with the Force at the present time to discern any danger. Her business, however was complete now.

"Mighty grateful." armed with the knowledge of the nearest StarCaf - upper levels where all the hoity toity folk were - Kaile said her goodbyes and made her way out of the building. Hands free and with a peppy walk, brown eyes went panning to search for Jamie.

Easily excitable now that they could wander off and do their thing, Kaile gave a small shout and a wave. "Jamie!" she wiggled her fingers, trying to catch her attention. That's when she gave a slight frown.

Why was Jamie so tense? Why was she walking...

No, something was wrong. Something was very wrong. In that instant, Kaile picked up her pace to get to Jamie's side.

"Hey! Ready?" she immediately hooked her arm around the younger blondes, giving her a bright smile. "Let's go!"

It was in her eyes. It was all in her eyes. A brief glance at the line of sight brought to focus to a pair.

What does one do in a situation like this? A clear theft just occurred right in front of her eyes. She bore witness to the entire event. She had neither the power nor the ability to prevent or stop said crime from occurring, and yet she felt obligated to do something about it anyway. Authorities would take far too long to arrive, after which the thieves would have already made their escape and possibly injured others in the process. Though, in that aspect, injuries were likely already to take place. They both knew Jamie saw them steal the items.

Jamie backed up further, just as they continued to approach. She heard Kaile, then felt her arm wrap around her. Her voice stuttered as she spoke, though her eyes never left the two approaching men. "K-Kaile? Uhm...."

They whispered to one another again, only a half dozen feet away now. "We...Should go." Sometimes when the odds were simply stacked against you, you just had to bite the bullet and give evil its' due. Jamie turned towards the direction the pair had came and pulled Kaile rather forcefully. "Let's go...Right now. Today isn't a day for making friends it seems."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Loud and CLEAR.

"Right!... So... Caf. There was some caf just.." Kaile spun on her foot, tugged along by Jamie, and she began to quicken her step. At least she didn't have a box to have to carry. It did mean, that all of her weapons.. well..

Were in her bag.

Which really didn't do them any good right now. A glance over her shoulder confirmed her fears. Kaile's eyes grew wide as that was when the two began to pick up their pace.

"Yeah, go. Gogogogo!" She said insisting, "Totally not into making friends today." They had to get to the lift. "Go, to the lift, go!"

That's when Kaile broke into a run, brushing past and grabbing desh barrel to toss onto the floor, sending it rolling to try and slow their pursuers a just a bit.

The lift could have been 10 feet away, or 100. It felt like an eternity as the two sprinted towards it, her head snapping back to watch Kaile throw a momentary distraction towards the pair of men that were more than keen on catching up to Jamie and now Kaile as well. When one had information they shouldn't, there was apparently only one way to resolve that issue, and Jamie simply had zero interest in learning what that was.

"There!" Her finger pointed as the lift began to open slowly, a few folks stepping out just in time. "Before it closes again!"

Jamie ceased running even as the two managed to scurry into the turbolift, slamming her body harshly against the back wall before turning and falling, her hand reaching up and slamming a finger on literally any floor but the one they were on. All she could hope was that the door would close in time and that they'd managed to escape.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

That was about the time one of the goons slid his hand into his jacket.

“Oh geez.”

A blaster pistol came out, pulled from the inner holster and then aimed it at the two women desperately attempting to shut the doors of the lift.

“Watch out!” Kaile said, dragging Jamie flat against the turbolift wall, pressing herself right up against her as blaster fire erupted. The surge of a Force Null would engulf at Jamie with the intimacy of their position, nulling her as well with Bobo’s bubble. Bolts bounced off the turbolift door, two came and hit the far wall, bouncing and sending sparks raining around until they landed by the floor.

Close, close, close!!

It felt like a lifetime, but finally the doors shut with a firm hiss, lurching upward as a single, loud, THUMP went echoing where a fist punched at it.

Her heart was at her throat. Adrenaline pumping. Oh stars…

“Are you okay?” Kaile asked her then, eyes wide with concern as she found herself flopping to the floor to sit.

The blonde shrieked as the blaster rounds were fired off one after the other, screeching past the two and causing a hearty amount of damage to the lift immediately before the doors closed. A minor indentation left on the inner wall due to the rather prominent fist that had slammed with substantial force into it upon closing.

The closeness between Kaile and Jamie felt extremely awkward to her. For a moment she didn't feel like herself, as if something was oddly missing, leaving something of an emptiness within her. Her connection to the Force was something she hadn't known for long, so losing it wasn't nearly as traumatic as it was for most others that felt immediately disengaged from it. It was something she wouldn't be able to explain or even understand, and as Kaile stepped away again she seemed to feel fine again. Perhaps it was just nerves and fear of the moment that had engulfed her.

Jamie exhaled a relieved breath, sitting next to Kaile. She gave a nod, holding her hand to her heart. "Yes...I'm okay....You?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

A deep sigh and a half laugh due to the adrenaline rush and nerves erupted from her then. Her hand went running through her hair, tucking it behind her ears.

"Yeah. Just a bit jumpy." Her head went tipping back until it hit the back of the lift. For now she was happy catching up with her breath. "Man...Bespin has turned out to be a bit more wilder than I expected." The Lorrdian said with a laugh, rubbing her face with both Palms.

"Sorry," she apologized, giving a sincere expression in that. "I didn't think things would get crazier. Much the less, after you joined me." She gave a sheepish grin.

"Okay... Where is this lift taking us?" Honestly she was digging for some Java but right now they were both probably over stimulated enough.

"Did you want to grab a bite to eat?" She offered a choice. "Or do you want to head for Sullust now?"

Craning her neck she looked up at the panel on the wall of the lift. "Looks like I hit 132." Then she noticed a few of the floors had been hit in her frantic attempt to hit anything on the panel. "Oh, and 129, 175, and 163." She laughed, standing to her feet slowly, a small yawn making its' way from her core. "So I guess we've got a few options."

Jamie was quite hungry, especially now. Despite the two attempts thus far today to inflict harm on her and Kaile, she didn't think she could really leave Bespin before eating something, least she chew on her own arm back on the ship. "As crazy as this place is, I think my hunger at this point outweighs my fear of it." She eyed the floor panel before turning back to the other girl. "Anything on these levels? Or should I push another one?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

“Lemme check.” the Lorrdian chuckled out, shaking her head. In the light of potentially being mugged or worse, having to stop at a half a dozen levels wasn’t so bad at all. It was something she could deal with. Bringing her wrist comm up, her finger tapped a button to blow up the hologram screen. A slide and flick motion would ensue.

“They told me there was a StarCaf around here.” Kaile told her, her brows furrowing as she tried to find the closest locations through the holonet. “It’s like a quick caf place but they have some sandwiches. Fast food and snacks,” she’d elaborate on more.

“Unless you want to do something more sit down?” brown eyes rose to meet pale blue, an expression of curiosity washing over her face. Kaile was easy. She could eat anywhere anytime.

“There’s a Yum Bunnies and a Popo’s Peepers I’m sure. Plus McYoda’s.”

And those were -everywhere-!

Gosh did that girl come prepared with gadgets and gizmos!

"Something fast is just fine with me if you'd like. It doesn't have to be fancy."

It seemed like most people once they learned where Jamie was from assumed she was something of a ritzy uptight person. She had the background after all that suited it, but she was a pretty easy going person in most aspects. Certainly more so when she wasn't being shot at by angry maniacs.

"A sandwich and some Caf sounds good to me."

She laughed, "Any chance there's one on any of those floors? Or should we strap in and wait the ride out?"

The chance of them being pursued and even found on any other floor was astronomically low, so for the most part Jamie felt pretty safe regardless of where they traveled from there out. Afterwards they could just hop aboard her ship and disappear off of Bespin anyway. Hopefully the rest of the day would be a lot less eventful.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Bloudg said there were a few StarCafs in the higher levels." Kaile told her, confirming with the map. She gave a slight tap of it on her screen. Yeah, definately on the higher levels. The nicer ones. Not to say that they had to go to the nicer ones, just security would be better.

"One-sixty-three is okay," the Lorrdian would tell her, giving a slight grunt as she pushed herself to her feet. Another tap of her wrist and the small holo map disappeared. "We can pick up something fast there. Security should be better since it is out of Port Town then."

A slight dusting of her pants, and then again, a sheepish grin. "Sorry again, things seem to get hectic for me and you've only been wanting to help." Kaile told her, coming up beside the younger blonde.

"I'll make it up to you." she promised, rocking on her heels as an expression of determination set in. A thought came to her. She could do it, but only if Jamie was interested.

"What have you've trained in the Force so far?"

"Onnnne sixty three." Pale blue eyes looked up at the screen of the panel that displayed their current level. They had a few minutes before reaching that floor, given the few stops along the way the lift would be making. She puffed out her cheeks and blew an audible breath of air between her lips. Leaning her head back against the wall of the lift she picked up a leg, placing her foot against that same wall while also tucking her hands beneath the pits of her arms.

"So long as I don't get permanently maimed, or killed today, I'll be fine." She laughed softly, though she really did mean it. She wasn't about to let herself die on Bespin! "Really though, you needn't make it up to me. It wasn't your fault or anything"

What did she know about the Force? Not a lot, truth be told. "Well..." She held up her hand, counting on her fingers. "I know how to levitate things, a little anyway." She stuck up another finger, "I can kind of use a lightsaber, but I don't have one." Another, "And I can sometimes use the energy of the Force to push or pull things." She shrugged, not very impressive. "That's sort of it."

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kaile gave a nod. So at least she new some of the basics. "So you have a bit of control down with telekinetics." The Lorrdian said aloud, musing to herself. Kaile by no means was a master in the Force, but she did know some tricks learned from the prolific force philosophies a motley crew of fringe force groups could assemble.

"I could show you some things if you like." Kaile would offer with a sunny smile. Friendly, but perhaps out of the blue for one who seemed to be normal.

Well save the near endless sunny disposition.

Um...What?

"Excuse me?" Jamie's voice was incredibly confused by Kaile's offer. "What do you mean you could show me some things?"

The younger girl studied Kaile for a moment, looking her up and down, a bit in disbelief that the entire time she'd known how to use the Force, yet never once did so, or mentioned it to her. She mentioned knowing Jedi, and things of the sort, but Jamie had asked her about it.

Wait... It hit her then that Kaile never did answer her question about being a Jedi or using the Force...She'd glossed over that detail earlier.

"You're one of them from Sullust? Is that why you want to go there?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kaile gave a dimpled grin and shook her head,"I'm not a Jedi. " she told Jamie. She wasn't a Jedi, she knew some Jedi but she herself was not. Jamie was surprised, but then again, she seemed new to the Force. Not to mention, Kaile wasn't exactly at her best Force using capabilities with Bobo on her.

"No. I just can use the Force as well. Not my a whole bunch mind you, but I can do a few tricks or so." Her skills lay with her specialty, but they wernt dangerous.

"But you wanted Jedi, so I can bring you to them. Well, the New Jedi Order that is."

Jamie's eyes widened, then blinked slowly, head shaking blonde locks from side to side while exhaling a sigh.

"This has been one hell of a day." At this point she likely wouldn't be surprised if when the doors of that turbolift opened there was a Rancor wearing a dress standing there to greet them. That's exactly the type of day she'd been having. Surprise after surprise after surprise. And there Kaile was, with another surprise for her.

"So...You're not a Jedi, but you work with the Jedi? You are a Force user, but you don't carry or use a lightsaber? Am I following you so far?"

She just wanted to clear up any and all confusion at this point so that there were no more surprises along the way.

"What exactly can you do with the Force, if I may ask?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom