Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign Shadow Over the Rim: Tund

sith-red.png

"Are you so sure you're in control, Jedi?"

Vazz's face didn't light up under the glow of orange. As a Defel, he naturally absorbed light rather than reflect it. If anything, it made him stand out further in the brightness of the blade as an all consuming shadow, where only the twin pinpricks of red revealed where his form could be in the mass of shadow around them. Eyes that were practically grinning.

"Jedi are trained to act alongside their emotions, but never with them. It's formidable, of course. When you can keep control."

He slid back from the kick, grinned wider still as he watched the Jedi run deeper into the museum. It was darker in there. And the darkness was his weapon to use. The shadows twisted. Illusions, subtle at first, but still copies of the Defel as he himself moved into the shadows and out of sight. Where would he strike next? When would he actually strike? Would it be an illusion first, like before?

Would it be multiple illusions?

The fear was unnatural, though. That was the subtle infliction Vazz was trying to fill the Padawan with. As he said, a Jedi was formidable, when they kept control. He would break that control. He struck from above, without an illusion to distract. Just him and his twin blades swinging down full force to try and catch the boy at an awkward angle.

Ryder Moon Ryder Moon

Anak Darkstar

A
The Darkstar made his way into museum where he came upon a figure destroying relics. It was amusing to watch such iconoclasm as this being cleansed what it seemed to deem deplorable. The truth is Anak was not sure why he had come, curiosity perhaps. He was not beholden to the Sith Order anymore, an exile. Though he was re-baptized in the Darkness. The truth is he was searching for something.. it had eluded him as an Acolyte and a Padawan. He doubted he would find if here.

Choosing to ignore The Priest who splashed water on everything and cut asunder things hallowed by dark siders, The Son of Darkness made his way further in.

As he passed more walls of trinkets he saw a biomask that was jey black with a long slit visor. Taking hold of it he heard a voice,
“Show me again the power of the Darkness, and I will let nothing stand in our way.”

A curious echo in the Force. Such memories attatched to objects. Anak took the mask off its pedestal and looked into the visor as he passed his leather hand over it.

“I have given everything to you, to the dark side.”

Haunting words that felt as if they could be his own.

“The Knights of Ren. You have to let old things die, The Sith, the Jedi.. let it all die.”

The Son of Darkness looked ata plaque, it said Kylo Ren, Heir of Vader. Anak remembered the ghost of Vader on Mustafar, the Echo, and now another spectra of that dark line called. Was it something in him that drew forth the imprints that haunted him?

Darkstar knew Lord Vader’s Legend, this Ren on the other hand was not known to him. Deciding it was worth learning more, he took the mask of Ren and placed it on his face, which made his mind shake with the voice.

“Look how old you have become.. I can feel it too.. you are.. being torn apart.. Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. It's the only way to become who you were meant to be.”

Darkstar shook his head. He had listen to appartions of Bogan and ended up in same place, spinning his thrusters. Though he had to admit thus voice captured some of his own feelings.

“The dark side is in our nature.. traitor! Forgive me, I feel it again, the call to the light. Let it die.. let old things die.. no! You are still holding on!”

Darkstar felt a strong searing pain in his head.

“A New Vader..”

Anak rose up taking control of his senses, and taking off the mask, it falling and rolling on the ground.

The Echo had been invasive, and The Son of Darkness steadied himself. He had tried to become something in the shadow, and all had been dead ends, and his dance in light afforded no comfort either. Those words, “I am being torn apart..” haunted Darkstar. For the first time since Fiviune his Mask of Strength withered, and he felt a transference. He began to shed tears which made him make a fist and hit the wall that shook making artifacts fall. The Mask of Ren rolled to his foot as he reached to pick it up and looked at the visor seeing his pale and hollow face. All the promise he had once seemed faded, and the promise of rebirth had been all that carried him on. But what if that too was a mirage?

The Mask echoed,
“You have no place in this story, you are nothing..”

Darkstar lowered his head, his wet chiseled cheeks stiffening. His eyes closed as he began to accept a fact few would dare consider, what if you do not matter in the grand scheme? So many with Force Sensitivity sought to carve a legacy and be placed in pantheons of Ashla and Bogan, but how many faded into obscurity because they really were not the successor of greatness? What if it was inflated ego that seduced one into believing in their own importance? After all despite all the eons of war had anything changed? Or was it all just ashes blowing in the wind?

Last edited by a moderator:

Inquin Magnus

I
The Priest preformed his rites, and disposed of more defiled relics. It was as he tended to another mirror that he felt something pass by, it exuded a powerful aura of darkness. Turning he saw A Shadow pass and followed. The tall figure stopped at a helm hanging in the wall and proceeded to take it and acted rather bizarre, he placed the helm on his head, and then fell in his knees. The ritual of dark ones was always odd, why they insisted on possessing themselves with dead Sith spirits, occultic rites, and other bondages was a mystery. Approaching this Dark Man who took off the helm and dropped it, and then again seized it, he spoke,

You look like your could use an exorcism. Tell me, do you find all this Sithtanic stuff gains anything other than more torment? The promise of power at the cost of your soul, and then what can you offer for your soul once it is drowned in the depths of darkness?

A rather short sermon, which he doubted would make a dent. Still it was his protocol to give Darksiders a chance to repent, to choose another path than damnation.

Anak Darkstar

A
Anak turned to The Priest who addressed him. His words about torment were true, The Mask of Ren used “torn apart.”

“Am I so easy to read?”

He dropped the Mask once more and turned to face The Unsual Lightsider.

“What would you suggest Priest of Ashla? Holy Water? Perhaps smash my bled saber and chant unto The Celestials? What penance can I preform to be whole? The answer is none. I am beyond Ashla’s grace. I am a walking void.. I am as Ren says, “Nothing..”

Darkstar began to raise up The Priest who had let his gaurd down.

“Chaos is all I have known.. I was born in it and to it I commit my soul!”

He threw The Inquistor and knocked him agaihst the walls, slapoing his bidy agaihat stone on both sides before dropping him.

M9X9fjW.png

jax-temp1.png

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Revna Revna

Innocent child? The phrase was not something Jackson questioned. He agreed with the woman that the child should be spared. What had surprised him was that a Sith called a child innocent. It seemed…

…out of place.

Everything Jax knew of the dark side did not lead him to believe that any who followed its teachings and entrapments could think of anyone as innocent. Was there even room in their philosophy for the concept? From what Jackson knew Sith wanted power, and they did not care who or what they had to exploit in order to gain it. This could have all been a trick, something deceitful from the warrior in front of him, but there was something in her tone.

She was genuine.

She was telling the truth.

Her accusation stung. How could she possibly think the Jedi would want to harm the innocent. It left him speechless, and left him questioning many things about what he knew. It had been enough of a distraction she was able to slip past him with the child, meaning Jackson was going to have to give chase. Even if she was telling the truth, he could not let her leave with the child. The boy’s safety was primary.

Jackson followed as best as he could, but he lost the trail. It seemed her training had progressed a bit further than some of the skills he had. Whatever she was doing to mute her presence, it seemed to work. That was a trick Jackson was going to have to ask about. It would seem handy for a Shadow, and he could guess that Judah could teach him. Part of him felt like directly taking on the Sith was the right call in this moment, however. All he could think about was where she was taking the boy.

Her version of what was safe versus his would differ.

The Jedi stopped in another opening. It was all a maze of corners, streets, and alleyways. It was almost too late before he felt the woman’s presence again. She came from nowhere it seemed. His back had been turned to her, but he quickly turned around. His lightsaber, the training blade, quickly came to life once more. Once again they stood across from each other with the point of his plasma weapon aimed at her throat.

“My kind?”

Jackson shook his head.

“Look around you. It was not the Jedi that showed up here and started to kill and destroy whatever they decided necessary. We did not attack this place. You and yours did.”

That was a fact. She could not argue it, so why was his kind not welcome. If they were not, she was even less welcome than he. Certainly she knew that, certainly she could see it.

“I am going to have to arrest you. Let’s not do this the hard way huh?”

Inquin Magnus

I
The Priest felt the Grip of the Dark One take hold and beat his body on the wall like a piece of beef before dropping him. His bones would have broken had he not flexed with each impact, and so he now rose and cracked his neck. His Knight Helm fixated on the Disciple of Chaos. Taking his crossguard hilt he snapped the three blades to life, the golden light of yellow jasper bathing him as he approached.

Benedicticum Ashla, Bogan Anathema.”

He leapt with his blade stretching out with one hand, his free hand pulled out a cross blade from his back which he threw like a great spinning sisc. The combo was meant to make this Son of Darkness struggle to react, which Inquin added another element, fire, as he dropped two pyro grenades that let loose a liquid of flame that spread at his sides as it lapped on floor towards the Dark Sider. This ti-fold attack was a technique that would overwhelm all but a strong adversary. The Trial By Fire would assess if Chaos’ Son was worthy of this Inquisitor’s time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Objective: The Arks; try not to get arrested by this young Jedi; maybe have a nice, pleasant spar with him. Always good to get in-field experience!
Gear: same as before
Tags: Jackson Lesan Jackson Lesan

The Jedi responded to her presence by whipping around and leveling his blue bladed saber at her, and she felt a small smirk dance across her face. Were Jedi always this eager to fight a Sith?

She hadn’t even drawn her own weapon…yet. Hadn’t even made herself to be an aggressor in this situation. She simply studied the young man before her; let her gaze drift over him, taking in what he was wearing, how he held his blue saber, the position he stood in. He was a rather handsome young man she noted; it was too bad he was on the wrong side of this whole ordeal.

Based on her earlier assessment-before she had taken the little boy to safety-and her study of him now, she concluded that he probably had a similar skill set to what she had at her disposal. That they were both apprentices and inexperienced but with just enough training to meet on the battlefield. But she still had to operate under the assumption that he was the better fighter than she was, until it had been made clear one way or the other.

Revna tilted her head slightly to the left as he bid her to look around her, to try and deny the truth of the warzone that surrounded them both. She understood where the Jedi was coming from with what he had said and that he was basing what he was seeing off of what he knew about the Sith, what he had been taught, no doubt. She had learned through her own personal studies that the Sith (for the most part) were cruel and sadistic individuals that sought to subjugate, dominate, or destroy those who fell under their iron fist. Some of these Sith were part of the problem that her Mentor sought to deal with, in his own way. And it was from these initial studies into the Sith that she learned that what Darth Strosius believed in and championed made him and those who followed him a minority with targets on their backs. They had enemies, that was for sure.

She scoffed lightly; she knew the truth, of course, and she couldn’t help but shake her head at his ignorant statement. This Jedi had no idea what she and her master and her brothers and sisters wanted to do here, why they were on this planet in the first place. Anger bubbled underneath the surface as she recalled the reasons why this campaign her Sith Mentor had launched was so important, and part of her anger was directed at this ignorant young man who would try and prevent her from carrying out her duty, the oath she had sworn to the masked Sith Lord.

You would condemn what we are doing here without having the faintest idea of why we are here in the first place?” the woman replied, a hint of the anger she felt coming through her words as she faced the young man directly, finally drawing her blade which carried the presence of the Dark side, being that it was a Sith sword, leveling it at him in a mirror of his actions taken against her as he made his intention to arrest her clear.

Go ahead then…try and arrest me for saving a little boy from becoming an unnecessary casualty of war. Condemn me for desiring to see those who are suffering to be freed from their chains and shackles that the tyrants of this world have placed on them. You and yours surely know the atrocities that occur out here...and yet you do nothing but let it persist.” She hissed as she held the Jedi’s gaze, her voice echoing with the passion she felt for the cause she was willing to fight and die for, if necessary. “You are standing between me and my duty, and delaying me in carrying out my Lord's orders. Either do what you feel like you need to do, or leave this place and let us do the job that you Jedi should have been doing a long time ago.” Revna paused, her heart racing in her chest a bit as she felt adrenaline dump through her system, preparing her for a fight should it indeed come. Her words were harsh; she wanted them to bite, to make him stop and question. She was aware that her words and actions were perhaps different than those of most other Sith. Others probably would have simply attacked him and killed him instead of doing what she was doing. Truthfully, she did things her own way, and wasn't ashamed for it at all.

A thought suddenly popped into her mind, and she offered the young man a small, half smile that could almost pass as playful, despite the tense situation they both were in. “Or…you can join me, join us, in our holy crusade in freeing the Rim from the tyrants that hold sway over worlds like Tund.

She doubted he would see things from her perspective, or join her in the cause she believed in. But it was worth a shot, wasn't it? Maybe he would surprise her. Or maybe not. He was a Jedi, after all. She had been warned that they tended to be rather stuck in their ways.

Anak Darkstar

A
The fire spread as rings of ripples, and lapped towards Anak’s legs and a blade came for his head while a saber for his heart. The Priest had brought a Trinity of Death, and the Son of Chaos had to decide. It was an easy choice, he dove, his head sweeping beneath the disc of metal that took off a lock of hair; his body bathing in the flames of the floor, avoiding the chest piecer. The cost was his robes immolated, fire baptizing him as it took the cloth and spread the hot wave all over. Anak did not roll, rather he rose up as burning pyre and grabbed at Inquin’s waist to pull him to the floor.

The Darkstar had leapt into the furnace, and was being reborn in the waters of Chaos. The pain was agonizing as it began to rise up his body towards his curly hair and handsome face. The vanity he had was soon to fade, and he would become as deformed outward as he was inward.

Inquin Magnus

I
The fire spread as rings of ripples, and lapped towards Anak’s legs and a blade came for his head while a saber for his heart. The Priest had brought a Trinity of Death, and the Son of Chaos had to decide. It was an easy choice, he dove, his head sweeping beneath the disc of metal that took off a lock of hair; his body bathing in the flames of the floor, avoiding the chest piecer. The cost was his robes immolated, fire baptizing him as it took the cloth and spread the hot wave all over. Anak did not roll, rather he rose up as burning pyre and grabbed at Inquin’s waist to pull him to the floor.

The Darkstar had leapt into the furnace, and was being reborn in the waters of Chaos. The pain was agonizing as it began to rise up his body towards his curly hair and handsome face. The vanity he had was soon to fade, and he would become as deformed outward as he was inward.

Inquin marveled at this Dark One’s knack for survival. He choose the only option in his trap that avoided a death blow. As the Son of Chaos pawed ar his garments trying to pull him down, The Priest took out Water of Daughter and poured on this poor soul before he was marred beyond recognition and his own robes to put out the risk of fire. Steam rose from the body as he removed his hands from his belt. Holding the tip of his gold sparking blade at his neck, The Inquisitor said,

You Dark Ones are all the same. You choose agony in all its forms. No doubt you will derive some benefit from your burns, channeling it to make you more of a threat, which means I should send you to The Void.

He dipped the tip of his burning bladw below The Son of Chaos’s chin.

I will pray for you..

As Inquin shifted his hand, the cruciform blade disc came back at a greater speed, directed by The Force, and passed through his throat out the nape of his neck. A spurt of blood flew with the cross that passed through, and the crossguard saber fell and deactivated. The helmed head of this Inquistor Priest then fell into the smoldered hands of the Son of Chaos.

M9X9fjW.png

jax-temp1.png

Did why matter? The result was the same no matter what reason she could offer for their unsanctioned and violent assault on a world which was independent to run themselves as they saw fit. Furthermore, she continued to accuse the Jedi of not caring about the plight of the planet. Did she not understand that caring about innocents did not mean that every life could be helped. What business did the Galactic Alliance have in the outer rim anyway? There was enough keeping their attention on the core, not to mention the advancing threat of Sith experiments threatening Alliance borders.

It seemed they were sizing each other up. Jackson had no idea how they were going to find common ground, and naturally she was not going to just let him arrest her. When the Sith sword came out, Jax almost looked impressed. He had never seen an alchemized weapon before, though he had heard about them. She was wielding a weapon that could withstand his lightsaber while being just as deadly.

It seemed they would fight if he could not help her to see reason.

“Should it matter when the outcome still paints your actions as deplorable? What noble reason could you have that justifies this slaughter?”

She continued despite his question. Tyrants. Freedom. Chains. The words were similar to the code which the Sith operated by. There was something else to it, however, she was speaking of freeing those which were oppressed. Again it did not make sense. Her motivation seemed to be that of a Jedi, though her methods were not. Jackson did not understand the conflict he was hearing and seeing. Words did not seem to line up with actions. What she purposed to do seemed to go against the very thing she was doing.

Jackson scoffed. It was her turn to take an exercise in futility.

“Join you in what, senseless murder?”

He shrugged, though his saber fell to his side. She did not seem intent on fighting, unless he kept her from her task. He was beginning to question what that task was, but the scene around him did not give him any hope that it would end well.

He sighed. They were at an impasse, and he knew it. That did not mean Jax did not want to try to see if he could sway her to his point of view a bit more. She made him question, why could he not do the same with her. Maybe it was foolish, but his blade retracted. Jackson put the hilt back onto his belt and shrugged.

For the first time he looked at her, not the Sith. She was beautiful in her own way. The dark hair which framed bright colored eyes held a contrast which was striking. It was a shame she was full of darkness. No doubt it would keep her from seeing the folly in how she was going about her mission.

“You want me to think that this is how to go about it? So you kill these so called tyrants and you replace them with who? With what? Sith are known to subjugate and oppress the worlds they conquer. How can you be sure these will be anymore free than they are now? Hmmm?”

Anak Darkstar

A
Inquin marveled at this Dark One’s knack for survival. He choose the only option in his trap that avoided a death blow. As the Son of Chaos pawed ar his garments trying to pull him down, The Priest took out Water of Daughter and poured on this poor soul before he was marred beyond recognition and his own robes to put out the risk of fire. Steam rose from the body as he removed his hands from his belt. Holding the tip of his gold sparking blade at his neck, The Inquisitor said,

You Dark Ones are all the same. You choose agony in all its forms. No doubt you will derive some benefit from your burns, channeling it to make you more of a threat, which means I should send you to The Void.

He dipped the tip of his burning bladw below The Son of Chaos’s chin.

I will pray for you..

As Inquin shifted his hand, the cruciform blade disc came back at a greater speed, directed by The Force, and passed through his throat out the nape of his neck. A spurt of blood flew with the cross that passed through, and the crossguard saber fell and deactivated. The helmed head of this Inquistor Priest then fell into the smoldered hands of the Son of Chaos.

The Priest had been so preoccupied with his sermonizing, and sense of victory, that he had forgotten cross blade flying in the air which Anak now difected by hus invisible hand. As the tip of the crossguard saber touched ubder his chin, stinging the flesh not burned, The Son of Chaos looked into eye holes of this Masked Cleanser when the disc cut through the neck of The Priest and fell, including his head into Darkstar’s hands who now drew the dead disciple of Ashla to his face.

You fell for my bluff poor Priest. The flames I used to veil the real threat. You underestimated me, and now.. you no longer are on the chess board. Chaos wins this day.”

As The Darkstar stood he placed the head in the chest of the Paladin and taking up the cruciform blade drove it into The chest. A fitting burial for this odd Ashlanian. Then he rifled through his cloak and found a Holocron, which he took and placed in his pouch.

As The Son of Chaos put Ren’s mask back on the wall, he felt something, a tremor thay grew into a quake in The Force, and then a gutteral voice that said “Heed The Call of Chaos.. Come to Batuu..” The Son of Darkness felt it echo over and over in his mind like a mantra and then there was silence.

The Darkstar made his way to a Museum exit, defenders tried to block his way and he reached out with his hands, raising them up they begab to scream as they were puller inward, their eyes dissolving in a coral energt till nothing but a skin suite was left and all that glorious drain csme to Him and he drank it. He looked at some guards who lowered their weapons and stepped aside after such a horrific sight.

The Son of Chaos made his way to his ship and headed back to or it, making his way to The Dark Star which appeared as great black squid devouring the gray moon. Once docked, Anak went to the navicomputer, and put in coordinates for Batuu. The massive Typhojem shaped vessel made the jump to hyperspace.

Objective: The Arks; have a pleasant conversation with the Jedi, and maybe a dance if he's up for it.
Gear: same as before

Her gaze narrowed when the young Jedi lowered his saber back to his side, and she took another step closer towards him, her own blade still in her hand and before her. She heard the words he spoke, and she wasn’t surprised to hear him reject her offer of him joining her and the others. His response brought another scoff from her.

Killing slavers and criminals and other scum that inhabited the Rim was considered ‘senseless murder’ to the Jedi?

The memories of her past crept into her inner vision, and she felt a familiar rage start to stir. Killing her former slave-master hadn’t been a senseless murder at all, and the idea or suggestion that it had been made her vision turn red. She’d kill him a hundred times over, and every other slaver, abuser, criminal, and pirate she came across when given the chance. Anyone who had a hand in the suffering and enslavement of others like her, like her new adopted ‘family’ back on Formos…would pay the price of their cruelty. Even other Sith who practiced or upheld slavery would feel the fires of her wrath.
For some reason she couldn’t place or understand, Revna wanted to let this Jedi share in the pain and agony and torment she had endured for years, just so he would understand why she was doing what she was doing. Why saving that little orphan boy had been so important to her; why this invasion was even happening at all. But the truth was…she didn’t need to explain what she and her Mentor were doing here. She didn’t need his permission or his approval to carry out what her Sith master had tasked her with. It really didn’t matter to her if this young Jedi opposed what she was doing or not. She would still do what she felt was right, and stay true to her purpose, her calling.

She didn’t deny the truth, however. There were plenty of Sith out there as it was who were everything that this Jedi had accused her and those she served alongside with of being. But she wasn’t like those other Sith and neither was the masked, stoic man who was teaching her. He was so different from other Sith that he stood apart from them. His ideals and passions and teachings were, well, radical. And while she was her own person and could make her own decisions, she chose to stand with him and follow his teachings, and that made her views and ideas radical as well.

She wouldn’t be here on Tund, wouldn't have agreed to be his Acolyte or one of his Squires, if she didn’t believe in what he was doing and didn't support his cause.

The Jedi sighed, and Revna stared in shock which quickly turned to fury when he deactivated his saber and returned it to his belt. That action alone immediately added fuel to the simmering fire that burned within her core. Her grip tightened on her sword as her smoldering eyes returned to his handsome face.

Maybe if you joined us you would learn for yourself what we are doing here instead of just assuming what you think is happening. Hear for yourself from the very people we have subjugated or oppressed.” the little woman said coldly as the darkness within her swelled and its presence around them both grew more icy as her anger grew hotter. “You came here for what, exactly? To stop me from doing my part to help free slaves from their cruel masters? To stop me from trying to do my part in giving others a second chance at a better life under my Lord’s banner? You’re just as guilty as the slavers and the criminals and those who bring suffering to others.

With speed unleashed from the coiled energy and adrenaline that surged through her, Revna lunged and took a stab towards his chest with her Sith blade. If he didn’t block or otherwise move to defend himself, then he would discover just how deadly this blade could be. “You are a fool! You never put your weapon away when you’re on the field of battle!” She snarled as she came in on him with aggressive intent.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

InquisBanner.png
Objective: The Arks
Equipment: Lightsaber, Sword, Dagger, Robes
Tags: Commodore Helix Commodore Helix / Open!

Darth Strosius watched Revna as she checked her equipment and left the cafe, off on her assignment as the final preparations for the assault were being made. This would be her first real taste of war, of the Sith Ways in action, of the great plan. There was a part of him that doubted that she would be able to handle it, concerned that perhaps he was throwing her into the deep end as it were. But this was not a stronghold of the galaxy, not a bastion of hardened defenders with limitless resources, rather it was simply another world just waiting for a larger power to come and take it. She would be fine. She could handle herself and she had done so before, all he had to do was let her stretch her wings and show what she was capable of.

His musings were interrupted as his helmet's commlink blinked to life, still connected to the command post's own array. :"Fighting has begun at the capital's museum my lord, shall we break off any forces to assist?": Already? Things really were heating up around the world after all. He was quick to tap on the side of his mask as he responded. :"Negative. All forces maintain current operations. Our expeditions and the local forces should be more than enough to secure one building.": That and in truth their forces were spread thin as is, any further division could spell ruin for the entire operation.

As his hand dropped down to his side he heard something coming down the street, peeking his head out of the cafe's ruined glass door to see a vehicle that barely fit between the buildings coming his way. Well the cavalry was coming after all. He gestured for the surprised soldiers to step back as the vehicle came to a stop and a hatch opened, his arms crossing behind his back as a droid exited. "Your lateness is forgiven Commodore." He nodded and idly glanced back at the holomap as he continued. "You've arrived just in time to help us cross the final hurdle."

Normally the masked man was hesitant to hire mercenaries unless he had to, or unless it was simply the most convenient option, but overthrowing an entire planet's government was hardly an easy task to accomplish alone. Until he could sway more Sith to his cause his forces would largely be alone, and thus having a few droids to help here and there would go a long way to keeping his fleets and army from being overwhelmed by the grand tasks that he would ask of them in the coming days. Besides, droids were far less likely to stab him in the back on a whim.

"If by 'stipulation' you mean necessity, then yes. I would say avoiding casualties is a stipulation. These civilians are soon to become Sith citizens, even if they do not yet understand what that means." In time they would adjust and realize that Sith rule was the most prosperous that they would ever know, but first they had to secure that rule in the first place. Darth Strosius listened to the debriefing and numbers of the droid's forces with a slight grin and another nod, tapping on the holomap's console as he began allocating the forces being listed off to the existing plan of attack.

"You are worth every credit aren't you Commodore?" He finalized the allocations and stepped back to glance over the troop counts before sending the newly updated information out to his commanders and the droid beside him. "Have your forces deploy like so, they'll be vital for breaking through the hardpoints and routing the defenders. Our advance is going to be gradual no matter what given what we're marching into so I trust that your forces will arrive in time despite their slow start."

Finally he looked back at Helix over his shoulder. "Keep the skies clear of all but our forces, my own fighters have their orders in that regard. No interlopers will be able to make it in time and especially not with the proper screens in place. The only transports coming in and out of the atmosphere will be our own. I trust your droids will be able to accomplish these tasks without difficulty yes?"

Commodore Helix

Disintegrations done dirt cheap.
Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius /Open

"You are worth every credit aren't you Commodore?" He finalized the allocations and stepped back to glance over the troop counts before sending the newly updated information out to his commanders and the droid beside him. "Have your forces deploy like so, they'll be vital for breaking through the hardpoints and routing the defenders. Our advance is going to be gradual no matter what given what we're marching into so I trust that your forces will arrive in time despite their slow start."

"Of course." Responded the droid. "I have a reputation to uphold. Thoroughness is part of my fee; as is absolute adherence to your 'necessities'."

Helix peered over at the map as the Sith laid out his deployments. Simple, but effective. Good. Pomp and gloryhounding were not desirable traits in a general, only results. He ran the calculations in his head, his advanced droid brain playing out the battle's most likely convolutions. 81.372%. Acceptable margins, even ideal ones for what was certain to be a period of ugly house-to-house fighting. He also found the Sith's frank manner somewhat refreshing. It was rare he was employed by anyone with any idea what they were doing, and even rarer when they maintained an air of professional civility toward him. He obeyed, and gave the order.

Already the first wave of Helix forces were moving up, forming into small 8-droid squads to accompany the Sith troopers. Primarily, though, they would be focusing on covering their Sith allies from cowardly partisan guerilla tactics. To Helix, this seemed only practical. The average humanoid, which most of the Sith troopers appeared to be, required nearly two decades to reach adulthood and thus produce a single viable soldier. In that time, he could crank out infantry droids in uncountable numbers, even with his limited production capacities. Besides, the more obsolete droids needed to be cleaned out. He figured combat was as good a crucible for those deserving of the ranks of his more... modern forces. The new infantry were being belched out of his mobile factories by the tens of thousands per day, but he judged their participation in this conflict to be wasteful. Best to save them for the more serious battles ahead. The older droids could handle some guerrillas just fine.

Still, he didn't survive nine centuries of near-unceasing war by being incautious. He also sent up the order to keep thrice what he had promised on standby for deployment. Overkill, maybe, but that sure beat underkill if the locals had some ace up their sleeve he had failed to account for. He didn't think they did; the Sith air campaigns seemed to have mostly ended the war before it could truly get going. The initial 200 or so droids he had offered Strosius were experienced units, if obsolete. Most had participated in urban combat before, and knew the task well, at least as well as a centuries-old droid ever could.

Finally he looked back at Helix over his shoulder. "Keep the skies clear of all but our forces, my own fighters have their orders in that regard. No interlopers will be able to make it in time and especially not with the proper screens in place. The only transports coming in and out of the atmosphere will be our own. I trust your droids will be able to accomplish these tasks without difficulty yes?"

Helix thought this confidence risky; he knew better than to underestimate the speed and viciousness at which nearby governments might attempt naval reprisal, and deploying his own fighters planetside would leave them more vulnerable to it, if it came. Nonetheless, he voiced none of this to his employer, and remained the consummate professional. He wasn't being paid for his opinions (unless asked directly), but to stand here and throw droids at the Sith's problems until they ceased to be, and receive enough in raw materials and credits to recoup his losses. In fact, if his calculations were correct (and they always were) if he maintained good relations with the Order and saw this campaign through to a strategically-ideal swift end, he would take in far more resources than he was likely to expend.

"With ease." he replied smoothly. "If indeed you are correct, and we need not fear outside intervention. I will deploy eight squadrons of Vultures and four squadrons of 'Tris' to aid in securing the city's airspace."

He gave the order, sending a stream of binary chatter up to his vessels in orbit. Nearly a full hundred of the Vultures and half that many tri-fighters swarmed from the hangars towards the planet. He had more, but he was a cautious commander, even in his arrogance, always keeping a generous reserve. Darth Strosius Darth Strosius seemed concerned about possible in-atmosphere air reprisal, though, and perhaps he had good cause to be. Surprise upsets had happened before in war.

"As for the ground forces, I calculate near-total certainty of victory. How do you wish to go about prisoner disposal? Are we to take surrendering combatants alive or eliminate them?" He knew the man's position on unnecessary bloodshed, but somehow he felt the Sith might not be so merciful to his enemies as to his future citizens. "It is my experience that combatants facing droidekas have a 45.6% chance of surrendering at the very sight of them, or I would not ask."

Last edited:

M9X9fjW.png

jax-temp1.png

The woman seemed to assume that one evil made another justifiable. Her insistence on the matter was the absolutes which Sith were known to deal in. The slavers oppressed the people, so they had to be wiped out. Why could they not have been arrested? What was going to happen when the Sith left the planet? If they had no intention of staying they were just creating a vacuum which would likely be filled with something far more cruel. Whatever her reasoning, Jax was becoming aware that this was personal for her.

That point was being made by the sword still leveled right at his chest.

“I am not here to stop you from freeing slaves. I am here to keep you from shedding blood unjustly. Is slavery wrong? Should they be freed? Yeah, I’ll agree with on that. Is killing those enslaving others wrong? Yes. You would have me justify one thing as absolute wrong while completely disregarding the fact your actions here are equally so. What is your Lord’s banner going to cost them? What if they refuse to serve under it?”

She pressed her attack. It seemed that her anger was getting the better of her. It was something Jackson had been warned against. A fight required a cool head, a level state of emotion. Fortunately he had not been taught to view emotions as a trap or pitfall like the Jedi code seemed to teach. He had been taught to master his emotions and make them a weapon, not his task master.

With help from the force he moved out of the way. He would allow the girl's own momentum to carry her past him, and in a swift motion a wall of force energy would be released to push her further away from him. If it worked, Jackson would not have to move from his location. He kept his feet planted for as long as he could.

“You cannot tell me you are going to leave these people you propose to free if they don’t want you to stay. You can spin this any way you want, but you are doing away with one taskmaster to simply replace him with one of a different kind.”

Objective: 2
Tag(s):
[OPEN]

R6Vpl0i.png

Fortunately Diodoros was in the museum now, unfortunately the people inside wouldn’t tell him where he could find some of the artifacts. Perhaps they sought to gatekeeper the power from someone like him. Someone incapable of naturally harnessing the occult power of The Force. Not that he would let that stop him.

Currently the privateer had one of the soldiers here that he encountered help up off their feet by the collar after a brief and violent battle. Half of Diodoro’s face was scorched some from a blaster shot. The injury was already visibly healing however. The man in his grip was already hurt as well. Barely able to struggle and trying to free himself from the golden brute’s clutch. A second later he casually tossed the soldier away from him into a wall. Their body slumping over like a ragdoll.

“Alright now, I’m gonna ask this one more time where-” He never finished his question as he looked back and around himself. Seeing that the entire squad was either dead or unconscious and there was nobody could answer him. Confused, Diodoros scratched his head. He could’ve swore that there was at least one soldier that he didn’t beat up yet. But it was also very likely that he lost track of all the violence. He let out a dejected sigh and thought for a moment. He observed his surroundings and noticed a sigh that directed to one of the exhibits.

“Un... uh, un-lique-fied arti- um artifacts…” Diodoros read out loud to himself. Galactic basic was not his first, nor second language. It was actually his fourth and he never put much effort into the reading and writing parts of it. The sign had actually said ‘Unidentified Artifacts” as in one's recovered but were unable to be dated or labeled as even sith in origin, but were on display nonetheless. Diodoros knew that he probably didn’t want any liquified artifacts, they would probably be difficult for him to utilize. So with direction in mind he would follow along with where this ‘non-liqiuid’ artifacts were being stored

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

InquisBanner.png
Objective: The Arks
Equipment: Lightsaber, Sword, Dagger, Robes
Tags: Commodore Helix Commodore Helix / Open!

While the droid reinforcements would be welcomed and shepherded to the front of the advancing columns, they were hardly waited upon to begin proceedings. Sheer firepower from the scarce few vehicles alongside plenty of breaching charges were more than enough to destroy the first layer of barricades and defenses. Darth Strosius watched the map with an unblinking gaze as the first shots were ringing out in the city center, the blaster fire and grenade explosions echoing back to the cafe not long afterwards. "Tund will be freed today." He muttered under his breath as reports from commanders and their scouting teams alike occasionally crackled over the command post's communicator.

It wouldn't take long for the advances around the city center to meet the enemy, Tund's security forces using their advantage as the defenders to trap the troopers and legionnaires into killzones in the streets and handful of open areas. The battle would not be without casualties of course but once the capital city fell the rest of the planet would fall in line and accept their new Sith leaders. The matter of who exactly would be put in charge of the world would have to be settled after the firing stopped.

"Outside intervention is still a factor Commodore, but not one that will matter much." He pulled himself back from the map for a moment, idly flexing his fingers as he tore his gaze away from it. Despite his confidence in his own planning and his soldiers' capabilities the nerves were hard to ease. "They may have managed a distress call here or there, but no neighboring worlds would be able to muster enough forces to halt our advance and fortify themselves quick enough. Tund falling will scare them but they have no reason to stick their necks out, not at this first instance at least."

There was always the chance of other powers in the galaxy coming to investigate, but any response from them would be the same as that of the neighboring worlds and systems. Too slow and few to matter. "By the time anyone realizes the full extent of our assault, Tund will be in Sith hands once more. It's far harder to justify expending the resources and forces necessary to overturn a planet's newly installed government than it is to safeguard the existing one." Speed was essential, for if they hadn't struck as fast and as decisive as they had then the campaign for Tund could have lasted for weeks or even months.

That would have been more than enough time for intervention, but now? Now escape was their only hope. "All we have to do is keep those escape transports on the ground. Once this is all said and done this will appear as a revolt, as the people of Tund rising up to grasp a new destiny for themselves. A destiny alongside the Sith, as they were always meant to be." Setting a government out of the locals loyal to the Sith wouldn't be easy but it would be necessary. This far away from Sith Order space there would be no aid for them aside from that which they could bring themselves. Tund would become a world of Sith once more, no matter what it took to ensure it.

At the mention of prisoners he gave the droid a glance out of the corner of his eye, finding the question rather odd until Helix elaborated in regards to Droidekas. He was surprised that the droid would even bother asking, given that it was simply far more efficient to just kill all enemy combatants regardless, but the question was nonetheless appreciated. "They'll be taken into custody. Most of them are simply following orders for a government that cares only for itself, and this truth will be shown to them after we destroy said government."

His gaze drifted back to the map, idly noting which advances were making the most progress and which ones were bogged down in chokepoints or ambush locations. "I have troopers in the rear lines which specialize in prisoner management, so you need not waste any droids to look after those that surrender. All willing to submit to the rightful rulers of Tund will be given a fair trial and a fair punishment. Only the fate of the leadership is sealed." Having some competent and experienced military personnel would be crucial to rebuilding Tund's forces and defenses once the campaign was over.

Objective: The Arks; continue to try and coax Jedi into a dance.
Gear: same as before.

He moved out of her way, aided by the Force as she sensed it shift around him. She reacted almost instantly, using a bit of her momentum to shift on her feet and take a swipe with her Sith blade, until she felt the Force energy hit her and send her away from him. Had she not been so nimble and able to bend and move her body almost unnaturally, she might have been flung farther, but she managed to stay on her feet with feline-like grace, sliding away from him by the push. It was something she had noticed growing up and especially during her training: it was hard to knock her off her feet (though not impossible), and she took full advantage of that.

She turned her gaze back to the Jedi, making sure he never left her sight, adrenaline and excitement flooding every part of her body. Despite the anger she felt simmering within, Revna felt a tug on her cheeks as she…smiled. It wasn’t a cruel or hateful smile, nor an angry one really. It was the kind of smile she wore whenever she was sparring or dueling, a grin of elation. Yes, this was a serious situation…but for some reason she found herself enjoying this moment…as aggravating as it was. She didn’t think that would have been possible when meeting a Jedi for the first time.

Maybe it was because he was around her age (she thought anyway) and she had a feeling that both of them were still fairly new to their roles in life?

The little Sith woman stalked around the Jedi, taking a moment to re-evaluate and digest what he had said to her. It seemed her first encounter would be more a battle of words and opinions than actual blades. She was a little miffed that he wouldn’t cross blades with her; she wanted to at least test her (limited) skills in that department against him. She noticed some discarded boxes and piles of trash bags that lined the outside wall of a nearby building; she didn’t directly look at such items, but she noted where they were. Maybe she could find some use for them in this situation?

Did you hear him, child? He said that slavers don’t deserve to die... came the familiar, icy slither of the Voice of the Dark within her mind and heart, reminding her of a statement the Jedi had stated before she made her first attack, and the smile faded from her face as a haunted pain filled her eyes. “Only someone who has never experienced the suffering and torture of enslavement would say that slavers don’t deserve to die. You can spin that any way you want, but you will never change my mind on that. They and all those who support them do not deserve mercy, and I will show them none for as long as I have life in my body.

What angered - frustrated? - her the most was that this Jedi simply didn’t understand. And she didn’t understand why she wished for him to, which frustrated her even further. None of her training had prepared her for this. None of her lessons with her Mentor thus far had equipped her in dealing with this sort of thing. This was something she would have to navigate, for better or worse, on her own.

This planet, these people, are ours…why would we just abandon them? Many have already embraced our presence here…welcomed us, joined us even. I’ve seen it with my own eyes, heard with my own ears-especially when they saw who had come to liberate them. Yes-there are those that resist us out of fear, but they will learn that there are bigger threats out there than my Lord and those who carry his banner.” Revna said as she kept her eyes on him, gradually closing the distance between them. It was clear that she believed deeply in what she and her Mentor were doing. To her, she and the Sith Lord she served were the ones in the right. “You want to keep me from shedding blood unjustly? I have no intention of shedding innocent blood on this day. I would be directly disobeying my Mentor if I did so. Besides…we can’t exactly rule the people if we slaughter them all, now can we?

She moved her small, child-sized hand and made a gripping and swiping gesture, and the Force moved at her command as a bag of trash was taken and hurled at the Jedi with speed and energy, and she used its distraction to come in with her second attack.

Dance with me, Jedi!" Revna said with an edge to her voice as she made a swipe with her blade towards him once more.

Commodore Helix

Disintegrations done dirt cheap.
Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius /Open

Occasionally, an isolated shot would ring out as a concealed sniper took potshots at the passing Sith/Helix coalition forces. Whenever they detected this, the droidekas spearheading the assault would bury the offending window or bolthole in a hail of blaster fire. Sniper fire and ambushes proved less than effective against the shielded war machines.

As per their orders, civilians were left alone, to the extent they could be. Anyone that carried anything that could be considered a weapon was butchered without mercy if they failed to drop it on demand.

From time to time, the droids came across a more dug-in firing position, rifles pointing from windows and directing a hail of fire at the destroyers and tanks sent in early. The NR-N99s responded to this in the direct, brutal fashion such machines always did: by levelling the offending structure to its foundations with concussion missiles, or simply plowing through it and continuing onward. There had been no stipulation against property damage that Helix's memory banks could recall, and he had each one scanned for apparently-unarmed life forms just to be sure.

Helix stood still for a moment as he listened to the stream of incoming data, processing the visual, auditory, and other information from the droids pouring down from orbit and into the streets, as though they were his own eyes and ears. He was the spider at the center of a very large web, and he felt every tug in its strands as the flies kicked and struggled away from the dripping fangs closing in on them. Their tremors told him several things.

The Sith had been thorough in their early bombing campaigns, if nothing else. Resistance was relatively minor, save for isolated pockets of guerrillas. A shame. He rather enjoyed terrorizing organics, armed or otherwise, and the stories that came from the survivors could not but help his reputation. Helix was a firm believer in the old maxim that there was no such thing as bad publicity.

Helix Solutions was like a mechanized tumor, growing and growing the more it was fed. Recently, the Super Tactical Droid that served as the mastermind and face of the mobile droid micro-nation had calculated he needed to be more... ambitious, for lack of a better term, if Helix intended to survive what was coming. Being an army for hire was fine, for now. It suited Helix's purposes, but he knew well and good that couldn't last. Times were changing, and Helix must change with them. It must become a true power worth reckoning with, and carve out its own niche, instead of riding on the conquests of others. That, he was sure, was the only way to ensure their survival.

He regarded the man next to him. The Sith could be a valuable ally, for a time, but Helix knew that, inevitably, whether it took ten years, a hundred, or a thousand, their conquest-hungry gaze would turn his way, demanding he bend the knee. Even if Strosius himself was not inclined so, his successor might be. Such were the ways of all tyrants and domineers. For now, though, they were essential, and he would aid them to the very best of his ability. There were few other reliable springboards he could use for his plans, and he doubted the Galactic Alliance would be so tolerant of his callous disregard for life. So, the Sith it was.

He listened to Strosius explain his rationale somewhat, remaining silent and letting him speak. It was, of course, none of his business, but he had heard some of these lines nearly verbatim from a thousand sets of lips over his exceedingly long career of violence and atrocity. The words of a man who was a master at justifying his actions, to others, but especially to himself. Men like this were dangerous, particularly coupled with ambition and a rare excess of strategic sense as Strosius seemed to have. He saw himself not as a conqueror, but a liberator and a hero, a champion of the downtrodden masses. Helix calculated he wasn't fooling, either. He was either the best liar the droid had ever encountered, or a true believer in his own words.

Helix had seen the feeds his droids were helpfully sending back to him, processed the perspectives of thousands of sets of mechanical eyes. The locals didn't seem too happy to be "liberated". They never did, in his experience. The terror-stricken death moments of countless enemy combatants, ranging back many hundreds of years were stored in his memory banks for his occasional viewing pleasure, so he was quite confident of this truth. He'd picked up a few new ones today, in fact. A sample size that large didn't lie.

Not that he gave a deep-fried capacitor what they thought. He'd exceeded his programmed limitations centuries ago, developed a fully-formed, independent personality and then some, but compassion was a function he was neither designed with nor cared to develop. Meat was meat. It either ponied up credits and metal for him to make more droids, or it died on the order of someone who had.

If Strosius fancied himself the hero, Helix would indulge that fantasy to the fullest, and treat him as such. As far as he was concerned, Strosius was the galactic messiah he professed to be (so long as he paid for the privilege) and he'd make damned sure everyone acknowledged it.

"All we have to do is keep those escape transports on the ground. Once this is all said and done this will appear as a revolt, as the people of Tund rising up to grasp a new destiny for themselves. A destiny alongside the Sith, as they were always meant to be."

"That should prove no obstacle, if it is indeed the lynchpin of your strategy. You have enough fighters in the air to render any attempt to lift off a doomed endeavor. My own are simply, as they say, 'icing on the cake'."

At the mention of prisoners he gave the droid a glance out of the corner of his eye, finding the question rather odd until Helix elaborated in regards to Droidekas. He was surprised that the droid would even bother asking, given that it was simply far more efficient to just kill all enemy combatants regardless, but the question was nonetheless appreciated. "They'll be taken into custody. Most of them are simply following orders for a government that cares only for itself, and this truth will be shown to them after we destroy said government."

His gaze drifted back to the map, idly noting which advances were making the most progress and which ones were bogged down in chokepoints or ambush locations. "I have troopers in the rear lines which specialize in prisoner management, so you need not waste any droids to look after those that surrender. All willing to submit to the rightful rulers of Tund will be given a fair trial and a fair punishment. Only the fate of the leadership is sealed." Having some competent and experienced military personnel would be crucial to rebuilding Tund's forces and defenses once the campaign was over.

"As you wish." he said with a stiff nod. He wasn't so sure the enemy would play along and not attempt escape, but where could they go exactly? The capital was teeming with the invading forces. "In that case we will turn any we take over to your men. I am informed we already have a few, in fact."

He flickered his attention from where he was standing to peer through the eyes of Squad C/7, who were transmitting data. Two humanoids, a mated pair if he was any guess, were caught in an armed standoff with ten of the B1s. The droids were asking what they should do in confused Binary, given the conflict between their orders to eradicate armed resistance who refused to surrender, and orders not to risk harm to the small knot of armed but juvenile civilians the pair were apparently attempting to defend from their position behind a makeshift barricade. The humanoids had apparently been attempting to make for the evac site when they had been discovered. He gave the order to feign retreat and flank the two from a different position, and deliver the juveniles to the waiting Sith troopers as per the client's demand. He had no doubt they'd manage. Even B1s could be useful under his delicate micromanagement.

If Helix had a face, he'd have allowed himself a contented smile. Everything was ticking along as it should, not so much as a 1 or 0 out of place. Precisely as he'd calculated.

M9X9fjW.png

jax-temp1.png

She was not listening to herself was she? How could she say that the planet was theirs and still acknowledge resistance? There were those who feared them, but they would learn there were greater threats than her Lord's banner. Did that not mean her master was a threat to them.

Jackson shook his head. He did not understand the girl. She was confident, skilled, and the dark side had not tainted her beauty, yet her emotions were full of venom and hatred. As he listened, it became clear. She had been a slave. Why else would he feel so much vitriol dripping from every syllable which fell off her tongue?

He sighed. This was a battle he would not win with words. Her mind was already made up on the matter. Sure, he could dissect what she said, point out that she was putting words in his mouth, but it would not do any good.

His blue blade snapped to life once more. His face grew determined.

"If you insist."

This time he deflected her attack with his blade and stepped toward her. As he did Jax thrusted his blade toward her chest. It seemed they would not leave the battle as friends, and if Jackson wanted to leave alive, he knew he could not hesitate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom