Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeing for those who cannot

Salina Aviner

Seeing is believing, but one must see first.
Amidst the bustling crowds of people on Courascant, the Republic capital, a dark clothed woman with a hood covering her eyes called out to the passerby "Come! Hear what fate may decree for your future. Seeking guidance down the unknown path that is destiny? Let my words be the light to illuminate your path. Allow me to aid you in seeing the choices before you and those that will lead you to what the divines call you forth to. Ask and you shall be answered. Only a credit for a reading."

She sat at a small table in one of the busier areas, a number of smaller stand and shops around her. With someone like her making a proposal like that many waved off or laughed at the idea of someone telling the future. Some made comments like "Bet you it's more Jedi tricks. That's what she is." or "Watch it. The pretty face will steal a pretty credit from you." The woman acted as if she heard none of them, choosing to let them discover their futures for themselves. As she continued on, waiting for someone to ask, she took a small piece of meat from a pouch on her belt and seemed to tuck it into her hood. When her hand came back to the table the meat was gone, any seeing thinking she might have just put it up in her hair for some reason; even someone else joking "Ha! So blind she missed her mouth."

Eventually a young boy, a teenager who looked very down trodden, stopped when she spoke more of seeing the future. He observed for a moment before she surprised him by asking "Seeking comfort about your unknown future, young man?" He was surprised that she knew he was there before timidly saying "Y-yeah. I kind of am." She gestured for him to sit down, which he did, before saying "I see you are troubled." Her hand motioned on the table in front of him as she said "You have had great pain in your past. A broken heart over one whom you thought to be yours forever. Yes?"

More surprised the boy said "Y-yeah! That's right...how did you...?" She chuckled a little and said "The workings of the universe are a mystery. We are all pulled by strings of chance and destiny." She removed her hood, revealing her pale blue eyes staring blankly ahead. "By I have been blessed with being able to see the strings." She held out her hand saying "One credit, and your question." He placed the credit in her hand before asking "Will I ever find someone else?"

The woman closed her eyes and took deep breaths for a moment before saying "You will not look far. So many steps to take before fate intervenes. What will seem an accident may be destiny and a heart once broken will be mended with jades." She opened her eyes and said "That is all I can say." Not really knowing what she meant the boy silently got up and began walking away. Not a moment afterwards he bumped into a woman, nearly knocking her down. He stopped and helped her before there eyes met, she having such amazing green eyes like....jades. The boy was surprised, glancing back to the woman, before offering to help the girl home.

The blind woman, still staring blankly forward, smiled before taking another piece of meat, this time slipping it down her sleeve.

Jerrick was passing by the stands of people selling random things, things he didn't need. After the Czar program he was out people watching, noticing every bit of detail. He caught sight of a lady, blind by how she moved, talking to a boy. He walked away and ended up pumping into another lady. His eyes caught the older lady slipping something in her sleeves. He walked over to her, curious as to what she was all about. "You put meat in instresting place ma'am, it usually should go in your mouth." He said not being aggresive, or trying to acuse her of anything, merely pointing it out. He didn't wear his armor, he didn't fit in it anymore, now he wore normal clothing of the everyday civilian, but he was not your everyday civilian, or soldier. "He sat down infront of her.

Salina Aviner

Hearing him the woman looked up, almost looking him right in the eyes. "True, but who's to say I am the one eating it?" she asked, with a smirk at him mentioning where the meat went in her sleeve. She put both her hands on the table before saying "You're a mercenary, yes? Hiring yourself out for one kill after another. You're not exactly doing much justice to the stereotyping of Mandolorians so many people have." She looked down before saying "But I suppose that recent enhancement you've had has made some breakthroughs in your career. Tell me, how many have taken this...Czar program exactly?"

@[member="JerrickShado"]

Jerrick smiled, she was good. Too good. He smirked at her. "Two, I'm the first, the other...well he's the oppisite of me." He moved to get comfortable and studied the woman, was she really blind? He watched every movement. "Then what's in the ropes? A howlrunner cub? A nerf? Maybe a bantha? Oh now I would not see that coming. So tell me how does one become blind, then be given such a miraclous gift? And I'm not your average mando, even before this, I was different." He contiuned to watch her. A cold chill ran down his spine again. Force? Was she able to use the force? It made sense, some said the dark side aloud you to do things some considered unatural. Jerrick figured either there was a pet in that rope, she's hiding a big seceret, and he went with the latter. @[member="Salina Aviner"]

Calen Derics

C
There was nothing normal about myself. I was as different from every one like a wolf hiding among sheep. I had my face covered like I always did, and let my long white hair block others from seeing my red eyes. I could see things that others could not. I began to walk around seeing many things of the force. Beings, shapes, entities. Yet each and every one was different. In color or demeanor. I continued to walk with my "exotic" clothing. With my left hand completely covered, including my hand, and my right arm left in a tank top like fashion.

I could hear off in the distance a woman saying that she could tell peoples fortunes. I only smiled and shook my head, Even at the age of 14 I didn't agree with her. I doubt that she could see what I did. Simple people may be easy, but with how rare I was, and the abilities that I had. Taking a few minutes I finally walked around the corner to where the woman was. She was talking with an older and very tall man. Well everybody was tall to me.

I waited my turn a few shops down, maybe I would figure out how this woman could "see" and maybe she could see how I did. Ether way this was intriguing.
@[member="JerrickShado"], @[member="Salina Aviner"]

Salina Aviner

"Yes, you were different." she said, smirking. "And, if you are that curious to know, I was born with this gift. And before you ask, you may think of my gift as 'the force'. But I see it as a blessing from the unseen divines of the galaxy at work." As she finished speaking something moved under her sleeve, making her stroke it for a moment before her attention turned towards someone nearby. She looked towards him, almost exactly right at him, seeing the odd aura about him. Was he Sith? Dark Jedi? She could not be sure, but the force was present with him. Ignoring it for now she looked back to the mercenary and asked "So, what path do you with me to lighten for you? One credit is all it takes." she finished by holding her hand out.

@[member="JerrickShado"] @[member="Calen Derics"]

"The force could be considered divine. What's hiding in there?" Jerrick saw some sort of..thing. he handed over the credit chip. And wondered how it was one could do such a thing. See futures and past. The force no other way. "What I call the force, you call divinity, is what someone far away calls the Currents, and so on so forth. Whatever name you wish to call it, its all the same thing, but it doesn't change how special it is either." He awaited the womans respone. Ready for the great msytery to be revealed. He knew they were being watched, he could hear his breathing and heart beat, the curiousty speeding it up, though the child, cause only a child would get that excited, wouldn't allow someone to notice it. Which was fine. @[member="Salina Aviner"] @Arkian Optniumon

Salina Aviner

"A credit for only wanting to meet my friend?" she asked, refer to the fact that his question refereed to what was in her sleeve. "More a question of the present but you have paid non-the-less." She held her sleeve out and made an odd whistle before something began to slither out from her sleeve. A serpent-like animal slithered out, giving a sharp hiss to @[member="JerrickShado"] before the woman rubbed its head to calm it. When it was fully out she let it lay on the table and said "This is Xira, my friend. She's a very rare creature refer to as a amphistaff. Watch." While Xira was still lying on the table the woman started from the head and slowly pet it all the way down to the end, the creature's body going flat and stiff as her hand ran down. Eventually the thing had become similar to a walking stick, even to the point where the woman picked it up and demonstrated how stiff like wood it had become. "See?"

@[member="Calen Derics"]

Calen Derics

C
I noticed that the two people had taken note of my appearance. The fortune teller may have the power of the force. The man looked to be way to tall for a natural height, His arms looked huge in the shirt, making the XXL look like a small. Still I only shook my head. As much as I was a child, I acted more like an adult. Cold and calculated. Really The man must be looking at someone other than me, Or thought whatever was me. For I had a heart for no one. Beating so slowly that the slug on the road would move faster.

Smiling, The man spoke about the force being the same thing, and that is where he was wrong. The force could do many things. Known and unknown. So even me, a simple child who had limited knowledge of the force, could do many things that this man could not. I took a single second to walk over and speak. "Wrong." And when the woman spoke she pulled out a snake that formed into a weapon. Rather nice as a weapon and strange none the less.

So, Jorin may or may not have slipped out in his Mark III GUNGNIR armor that night, DB-08 in hand. He was bored, and the life of Director of The Military was only something that kept him busy. It bothered him even more that billions of HIMSELF were out on the galaxy, serving the Republic on the front lines. It was where he belonged, all of him. But seeing as deploying wasn't an option, he did the next best thing. He just helped out those who needed it, largely by blending in with patrols of clones and such.

@[member="Salina Aviner"]

To many, fortune telling was but a con artist's job. People whispering in others' ears, telling them exactly what they wanted to say. But occasionally, there was someone who used the Force to see the truth about the future. This typically came at a cost of blindness or some other physical deformity, so when Circe heard about a fortune teller, she had come to test their legitimacy.

Perhaps this young woman could be of significant use to more important figures.

Not far from him was the other man, the Czar Rolland. He had been aggressively shadowing Jerrick for a few hours to learn from him. They were the first of their kind and he had to know everything about the man. On the rooftops of the nearby buildings he jumped from ledge to ledge stalking the man watching and listening every word. Worrying about exactly what he would reveal to the woman. Though the strangest thing had happened. The woman knew about Project Pantheon and the Czars. She was a spy she was something that was a threat. She had to be dealt with, but Rolland was a soldier, he wouldn't dare kill the woman without orders first. "Who are you?" he said to himself softly. He had to make a move now, he had to get Jerrick our or gather more intell on this woman. Standing up Jerrick stepped back a few feet to get a running start. The man would have to jump to get to them. Luckily he was wearing his armor the program had gifted him so landing wouldn't be an issue.

Now starting to run towards the edge the man jumped off the ledge of the two story building landing behind Jerrick with a thud. The ground practically shook as three hundred plus pounds hit the earth. "Shado CZ M1 001, what are you doing?" the man said in a cold emotionless tone of voice. Rolland was a Jedi in his past, before being captured and turned into this against his will. His memories scrubbed he was now a hollow shell of his former self. "And who is this woman?"

@[member="JerrickShado"] @[member="Salina Aviner"]

The Jedi Master had been watching the hustle and bustle of the area from the shadows, a smirk crossing his face as he watched. Something had caught his interest. A fortune teller, who had just taken a snake seemingly from nowhere. He watched with keen interest.

But of course, there was something else he could sense... The presence of Circe Savan. Ah, she was unwise for coming to Coruscant... Not knowing that the man who once was the best man at her bigamist wedding could sense her through the White Current... With Je'gan and Aleidis not around, she probably thought she could easily go through Coruscant, regardless of the Kill On Sight order being out for her by the Republic...

@[member="Salina Aviner"]

Jerrick heard a voice. 'Rolland???' The man had been following him and Jerrick didn't know it and he smiled. "Excuse me ma'am, but thank you that's a fascinating animal maybe later we can talk." He said bowing and walked away ignoring the kid but with one sentence. "Kid you'll learn." He walked into the crowd, "Rolland? Its called learning the culture. Its part of our training. Remember??" He spoke into his ear comm. What the shabla was he thinking? That he was giving away secrets? What secrets could he give? You don't hide what you are. @Rolland CZ M2 002

Salina Aviner

The one she'd sensed before, @[member="Calen Derics"] , had suddenly come over just to shout "wrong" to her current customer, making the woman jump a bit. She was about to say something to him when @Rolland CZ M1 002 had come and asked about why he was here and who she was. This was becoming a bit unorthodox but then she had a feeling something like this would happen after @[member="JerrickShado"] arrived. The fact that he was part of the Czar program must've warranted the other to come looking for him. She whispered something to Xira before the amphistaff slithered back down her sleeve. She stood and said to all three "Gentlemen, please. This is not a place of aggression, merely for those who seek the future. Now please, if you all wish for a reading form a line behind my current custom and I shall be with you soon." As she shook her head at how they all acted she caught the auras of two significant others. One a jedi and the other....something else. She sighed and only hoped they would keep things civil while she did what she could with the current three.

@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Calen Derics

C
(everyone suspects a child shouts when I say he acts way older than his age lol)

As the woman spoke of keeping the peace after the man had slammed into the ground, I could already see the light blue aura round the newcomer. I could only smile and shake my head saying nothing, doing nothing, Only watching.

A place to seek the future, Rolland was always told by his creator that he was the future. He would be the future of war and battle far superior to those who faced him. Though he had never been in a fight. Not a real one anyway, he was scared of the future and what he had become. Looking over to @[member="JerrickShado"] he gave the signal for him to stop. "Wait Jerrick, I need to know." grabbing a credit from a compartment in his armor he gave the woman the money and took a deep breath

"What am I? And what will I become." For once even though you couldn't tell the man showed some sign of emotion, he didn't know what his purpose was in this galaxy was except to kill was. He had killed no one yet he was expected to kill and destroy at a moments notice. And that scared him, he needed to know what he would become going down this road of serving the galactic empire as their super soldier. @[member="Salina Aviner"]

Jerrick stopped and looked at Rolland. "Alright buddy. Sure." Jerrick didn't judge others for what they wanted. Jerrick stood by his fellow Czar and waited patiently. He looked at the kid, "alright how am I wrong?" He asked with a friendly tone. @Rolland CZ M2 002

Salina Aviner

@Rolland CZ M1 002

She was surprised by the sudden questioning of the newcomer. First he acted as though he was ready to attack her for not fully knowing what she was or why she was involved with his friend and then the next he'd asked her about his future. Still he'd paid and he's asked, making her say "Hold out your hands." She waited for a moment, letting him hold them out, before delicately placing hers in his palms. She could feel how large they were, obviously from the treatment he'd been given, but didn't fully react. "In terms of what you are, Rolland, you are more or less a lost soul. You were bread into the Jedi way yet it was not enough. Like a spoiled child you wanted more, leading you down the road that soon became what you are now. You are a soldier, crafted not trained. And so you feel lost because you wonder what your crafters will ask of you." She closed her eyes, her hands still in his, and took a deep breath before speaking again. "A road divided at the end. One trail leads in fire the other in water. You still have a ways before you reach these roads, and may stops along the way. But it is not for the light to say what road you will take....that choice is yours." When it was done she took her hands away and opened her eyes, looking blankly ahead. "Goodbye, Rolland. We may yet meet again when our paths will intertwine."

Another White Current user. A Jedi, no doubt. Whoever it was, she really didn't care, so long as she could sense their presence. Paying astute attention to them, she got in line, eager to have her fortune told when the time came.

And if things went haywire, well... She had plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom