Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round and Round we go (Yokuni)

Yokuni had no designs on using these monsters. However the temptation of having that knowledge tugged at the back of his mind. Rationalizing this lure of power his mind was in agreement that this could be a useful tool to help bring peace to the galaxy. “I agree it would be better if we found it. Just think if a truly ma d person found and tried to use it.”

It was fortunate that Yokuni was not considered to be a mad man to Rianna for she would have hesitated and wondered about the man before her. "If someone intent on killing found it, they'd be near unstoppable"

The thought made Rianna's blood run cold, her hands ached for a moment thinking of the carnage that the monsters would create. But what kind of mind did that, yes Exar Kun did but that was hundreds of years ago. Rianna knew well that there were men, and women like that today. She prayed that they would not get wind of this. "More tea?" She asked, her mind trying to work through the dangers of the problem by looking upon something simple.

She was afraid of what could happen.

“Yes, please”, Yokuni opened the book back up. Determined to talk while working he kept up the conversation, “I would not use the word unstoppable. I would say it would be tragic. I can’t really see a situation where using a monster like this would bring peace and restore order to the galaxy.”

Rianna was careful to pour the tea, and wipe the rim of the cup with the cloth, she carefully walked back and offered the tea. "It would be tragic, we;d gave to stop these types of creatures, and the carnage. The replications, the death" Her hand trembled which held the offered cup.

In her mind she could see a planet and all of its inhabitants changed to be these.....these things. She froze inside, her grip began to tighten. The pain, the agony, oh god her mind reeled from it. Her eyes turned jet black from all the pain that she felt herself absorbing from just the images, images that could come to pass. Thankfully the future was ever in flux and nothing was ever certain, if they destroyed this information it would change this image.

Turning to sound of the shaking cup he too could also feel her emotions. “You should be more mindful of your thoughts. Are you ok”, there was calmness in his voice but in honestly he was a bit annoyed. Did she really have to scare herself now and disturb him while he was trying to work?

The sound of his voice broke the vision, she looked over at him. She sensed his annoyance, "Can't always control farsight, your annoyance with me is unwarranted" She set the cup down and went to get one of her own, at times he was such a jerk blaming her for things that she could not control. Empathy skills, sensing others emotions could kill any mood.

She dismissed the anger, letting it go as she poured herself some tea. What she saw was just one possible future, one that the force showed her could happen if this information got out. He use to have a bit more patience. Time it seemed was not being a friend to them.

As for her being ok, did it really matter?

“Can’t always control”, turning to look at her he seemed a bit astonished. “Was it not Obi- Wan that said to Luke, be more mindful of your future. A warning that visions of the future can bring a downfall that happened to his father? Was it not Anakin who had issues with dreams of the future and anger? I’m the emotional one remember? You’re supposed to be my rock. What happens if you can’t control your passion? Ummm?”

She looked at him, "yes Obi-Wan and Master Yoda each taught to not let visions of the future control us, and that we need only be mindful of it." She shook her head, "You're the emotional one" She smiled at him she wondered sometimes if they were not truly equal in that thought on emotions.

"Well on the days I can't control my passions or emotions, you have always brought me back to where I can" Even now as he spoke to her reminding her of teachings it brought her to be calmer, "and have alway known exactly what I've needed to release my emotions and deal with them, and mostly" She shook her head a little, "use them only to comfort and love the one I'm with" a reminder of their past, and sometimes of their present. "I think that's what has always worked between us, an equal balance, one to the other. A bit like yin and yang"

She sipped the tea, he had shown her many things about control and some of it had made her stronger, and other times it made her feel weak and insignificant. "Thank you though I will be mindful of the visions, and be sure to remain steadfast, can't lose you to your passions, can I?

A thought that came to his mind, leave it to a woman to over think things.Love? Don’t use words I can’t understand”, he laughed at his jesting comments. Really it was a defense mechanism. Love to a man like Garith was a dangerous subject. Not to mention her words sounded overly nice. Polite as he maybe Yokuni was not really a nice person.

She always saw something different no matter what his protests and jabs were, she knew he had a hard time accepting that people, or someone could love him. How he thought himself undeserving of such things, such emotions. And then there was the problem that when you love, one could have those emotions used against you.

"Oh you know very well that meaning, don't tease me Togashi Yokuni" He was the devil with the barbs and jests that rolled off his tongue, but she always tried to look past them, to something deeper. to the man who talked to her about family. Yes there were something he had shared that were quite personal.

"Shall we cook chicken again?" She smiled a reminder of their past again, it was the first night....that very first night. Her gaze met his. There was a difference between love and lust, and they walked a fine line dancing across it back and forth like to reeds trying to decide which way to go.

How well did she really know him, she knew his emotions, his passions, his mind but that he served the darkness that she did not know, and always it loomed out there waiting to jump to show her the error of her ways. She did smile at him though, unaware.

"

As much as she thought she knew he there was so much more. “I will not be able to help cook if I intend to get this work done at a decent rate. Chicken does sound good”, his mind focusing on the work played at not hearing the mushy part of what she said. “I think stimcaffs are going to be a necessity as well”, yes lots of caffeine.

"Let me see what is in the kitchen, I will see if we can put together some sandwiches, and stimcaf" Rianna looked back at him as she set her cup down. Chicken was one of their favorite things, it had multiple uses and it was easy to make.

She blindly trusted him, whether it was endearing or sickening she did not know. She just trusted too easily. Just then Ana stepped toward the room, Rianna was quite surprised, she looked at the girl who seemed to be staring oddly, "mam?"

Rianna explained what she wanted to be brought to the room, and that Ana was the only one to come and go no one else. Once the instructions were given Rianna looked back. "Anything I can help with?"

She knew he liked whiskey he had several very good years at his home. She however did not carry many only some for social occasions for those who wanted it. Now it wasn't that she didn't trust him alone in the room with the book but something in the back of her mind kept nagging at her not to. Rianna walked to a large globe that sat in the corner of the room pulling it away from the wall she opened it, and behind hold a bar.

She poured him a glass with two fingers of whiskey, no ice. And then brought it back, "Ask and ye shall receive" She smiled. "sandwiches and stimcaf should be in soon. So...mi lord" she teased, "what's next?"

He looked at the glass. It was only a glass. Where was the bottle? “Thank you”, he said still wondering where the bottle was and even glanced around the room. “What is next is this could take me days and even longer if you keep asking what is next or are you done yet?”

"Listen cranky whatever itch is bothering you, maybe you should spit it out already." She knew he looked tired and she knew if she asked him what was wrong he'd play it off, he had to want to tell her, not play at this snippy game with her.

“This is rather complicated and I need to focus a bit. Also remember I’m touching something that will try to influence my emotions. I’m going to sound cranky if something is slightly bothering me. Don’t get any ideas like blowing on my neck. You’re a Jedi and should not take advantage of people”, yes that last part was a bit of a jest to take a bit of the sting that he was being snippy. It is not every day you had a book that was trying to manipulate your feelings.

Rianna tried really hard not to laugh matter of fact she had to look away. He could disarm her like that, when she once again was not smiling she looked at him, "So focus, I'll blow on your neck later." Perhaps the book was affected more than him.

She grew quiet to give him the space he needed, just making sure he ate and drank to maintain strength whatever was in the book she did not want it to corrupt him.

He just gave a scandalized look about her blowing on his neck…then he went back to work….

Days later…

Standing over a table Yokuni looked over the star map. He was in need of a save and a shower but he had done it and was looking for the best route to their destination. “Ok the planet is here”, Tokuni pointed at Ossus that was nearly in the middle of Sith Space. "To get there will have to infiltrate there using stealth and trickery. Basically we can’t really go as ourselves. We will have to work out a cover identity that will allow us to travel through Sith Space. The direct route will not work either. The border between the Republic and Sith Space will be to heavily guarded. My plan is to travel from the republic to Nal Hutta. From there go up the Mara Corridor using our cover to Chalacta. There we can take Mara Corridor even further into Sith Space and reach Ossus. Any questions or ideas?”

YES he needed a shower, thank god she hoped he took one soon. It had been days of him snapping at her, taking food begrudgingly, and he emptied the whiskey bottle. But he had done it, she now listened to his plan.

She pulled up the holo map looking at the direction he wanted to go. Sith Space, oh that would not be good if there were captured it would not bode well for them. "We could go as merchants" she wished she had been able to find a way to make a truce with them and allow healers to go in and out, as long as they were accompanied by one Sith. But that had not happened yet. "Heavily guarded seems an understatement Yokuni"

She looked at the location of Nal Hutta, "We will be ok on transport to some Nal Hutta and to Chalacta, but to get to Ossus we may have to hire a pilot." She looked up and over to Yokuni, "Which will require credits. This could work, but we will need a plan B just in case we get to one of the points and, well need to change course"

Rianna had gone into Sith space before, but never this deep. "Do you have any contacts at any of these points who can help us?" Why would he have some? Because he knew so many people, or so it seemed to Rianna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom