Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Revenge of the Club II

"Sadistic we may be Capn but you have to admit they are might tasty when you're hungry"

Nervous laughter erupted from Rekha a small shake of her head as her green eyes went from face to face, "Ok, you got me there, if there was nothing else, and they were there. If starvation was eminent...yeah I'd eat em"

Laughter broke out among the friends, "It ain't a bad thing Capn. All things are here for some reason or another..."

Nods all about, "I need some updates as well folks. Movements and things so when you get back out there...drop me a line the usual way...if you need me to come out...I'll be there. There's some ruckus about that the Alliance is gonna give em hell soon enough."

"Yeah but the Cartels are rising. Wolf is still out there" Rekha could only nod.

"I know..I missed I'm sorry, I won't next time. Its just taking longer" She didn't quite finish the thought but internally her stomach began churning. It had been too long she should have got him last year but....he slipped through the blockade...he had to have help. Help from among her circle...another reason it was taking longer.

"Any idea where he's at?"

There was an undeniable grin on Amea’s lips, her teeth partially exposed as she witnessed the man down the drink that he quite clearly had found to be disgusting in a haste. At least he had a sense of humor over it. The grin on Amea’s lips mellowed out into a smile as she allowed Olen to lead her away from their table. The time to drop that hammer would come soon, something in the air told her that much. As much as she would have wanted to drop the man there and then, he also had that whole fish-out-of-water look to him that made the idea seem far too cruel to do just yet.

Now, if Olen had expected something of an experienced dancer he was in for a surprise. Amea was a fighter. The only dance she knew was one that ventured around the ring of supposed honor. Her sense of rhythm was there, but there were only so many creative ways one could squirm like a worm or sway around like a t-shirt in the wind before even Amea started to feel the burn of embarrassment.

She spun, she listened to Olen’s request and she would slowly nod her head.

“Well, you have the basics down. Planning to not have a plan is a good plan.”
She said and shrugged as the beat kept pounding against her eardrums. “The next part is to just have an open mind, really. Usually it’s just a matter of saying yes to things you find agreeable and see where it leads you.”

And it was not hard to miss the way that people were starting to gather in this section of the club. Amea stopped for a second as she gave the whole situation an amused if not bewildered look. Some part of her had to ask if the force was playing some form of prank on her for letting the situation get this far. For as nice of a guy as Olen was the feeling that he might have had and that she willfully overlooked just weren’t there for her. Amea let in a deep breath and slowly extended her hand as if she would be the one to take the lead. If he wanted to go with the flow, this was the easiest way to do it. It was a couple’s dance between friends and the roles would be reversed.

“Although we may just be friends for this evening, m'lord,” Amea said and slowly sunk into a formal bow that let Olen grab her hand, and to be led in a dance. “May I have this dance, Flyboy?”

Olen Halcorr Olen Halcorr

If Vaylin were to be honest, she hadn't expected anything to come of this night. She appreciated the reasons why Kaalia had dragged her to Bespin, but the Zabrak had no illusions that anything would come of the night. Whether that be finding someone, or just spending the hours drinking, testing if her tolerance for alcohol was as infinite as her age was now.

She had expected the latter, and certainly not finding herself drawn to someone so quickly, or easily. Maybe that was in part because of her diminished emotions; no nerves or awkwardness to hold her back. But Vaylin could still feel that spark all the same

Vaylin took a seat opposite to Jalan, opting to keep a teasing distance for the time being. Much as the Zabrak was used to the intimacy of her prior relationship, she had missed how fun it could be to draw someone in, leaving them wanting more.

She raised a slight eyebrow when Jalan suddenly looked over at the bar, realizing the Zabrak was without a drink. It amused her, and again took her by surprise at how sweet the gesture was. Had it really been that long since, that something simple like that resonated with the Zabrak?

"We can share," she smiled taking the glass into her hand and taking a sip. Speaking of sweet, that was certainly how she'd describe the Bespin Fizz. It had its own particular kick, but not as nearly as strong as the shots she had taken earlier.

Placing the glass down, Vaylin glanced over towards the dance floor. The crowd shifted as music changed, people either leaving or arriving as the music died down and rolled into the next track. She was tempted to join, but there would be time for dancing in due time. Right now, she wanted to know more about Jalan.

"So tell me, Jalan. What brought you to Bespin, to Solstice Vine?"

Jalan Riyadosh

J
There was a warm smile given when Vaylin decided on sharing. It wasn't often that Jalan got to feel like a regular person, and even this little bit of freedom to do so was welcome. To enjoy company, proximity, contact, without a constant watching over her shoulder. Not that she realized by any means that she was in fact, being watched by the very guardian that had sent her out to socialize. In the time it had taken the HRD to first mess with Jalan's eyes, a timer had started. By the time the young woman had reached the landing dock, she would not see the droid again until that droid signaled the alteration to switch off.

She watched her glance towards the throng of people near them, dancing and swaying, moving with the rhythm. In such closeness to one another that it looked more akin to the mating rituals of certain species than an actual dance. Her words drew her attention back, and a slightly embarrassed smile emerged.

"Touring." The words were of a slightly higher tone, the woman licking her lips before proceeding, embarrassed it seemed. Like someone called out for being ostentatious with her next words. "I came aboard the large vessel settled in atmosphere. The one with the sails. It was bringing guests, and I couldn't say no." She silently wished she had worked on an alibi or something. Not that she had planned on actually speaking with anyone. And what was given wasn't exactly a lie.

She was touring, technically. It just also happened to be her ship. Well, legally her ship. Not that she had the slightest idea of how to actually operate the thing. And wherever it went, so did she. Whether she had a say in the matter or not.

Enjoying the atmosphere here would have been enough. More than enough given the usual setting she found herself in. But current company had made her want to speak. Had asked her to. Wanted her company, and made her feel...wanted. "How about yourself, Vaylin? What brought you out?"

Vaylin Vaylin

Vaylin's interest was piqued at the mention of 'touring'. To Vaylin it was a particular unique response, one she rarely, if ever heard. She was quite curious at what that meant exactly for Jalan, but her focus was shifted when she mentioned a ship. Vaylin's attention lingered away from the woman as she fell into thought. A few moments later a look of recognition flashed across the Zabrak's face.

"Oh, yes! I remember seeing that as passing by." She looked at Jalan, letting out an impressed whistle. "That's a big ship, gorgeous one too." Vaylin's mouth quirked into that small teasing grin again.

"Me? A very good friend of mine; Kaalia, figured I needed to have a break from work. So she dragged me all the way to Bespin." It wasn't a lie per say, part of the reason was because of work. But the biggest component was her previous relationship. "I wasn't quite on the same page initially, but I have to say...I'm glad I did come." She found herself staring into those burgundy eyes again. Although it did in that moment dawn on Vaylin that she had just walked herself into a corner.

Figuring Jalan was going to ask what her job was.

How...how in the Force was she meant to answer that?

I'm a powerful Sith Lord whose day job has been either killing enemies of the Sith Empire, or capturing them and subjugating them to the Dark Side. I'm also part of a sub group that deals with shepherding the dead to the Netherworld. Oh, I'm also soul-bound to said plane of existence.

Vaylin was sure that would go down well with some people, but she didn't think it would with Jalan. Maybe it would, but the Zabrak wasn't going to risk it. She didn't want to ruin this. Fortunately, she soon had a moment of clarity and the answer fell into her lap.

"I work as a teacher." Again, not exactly a lie. Teaching was part of her job, just not the main thing.

Anesha Astapova

A
“So, what’s your name?” Val Drutin asked as they made their way to the dance floor.

“Anesha.”

“I’m Val. Where are you from?”

“Samovar.”

“The old imperial mining colony?”

“Yes.” Lacking his awareness of the fourth wall's limits, she was surprised he had even heard of her home planet, let alone knew anything about it. “And you?”

Val took her hand in his, his other hand on her waist. “I was born on a shuttle, spent part of my childhood on Corellia in a circus, then I got sold into slavery, then I was rescued by a Sith Lady who made me her apprentice…”

“Wait a minute.” She nearly pulled away from him. “You’re a Sith?”

“I was trained by a Sith, but I’m really more of a Rogue Knight. I don’t care about all the doctrine stuff. I just wanna dance and fly around in my spaceship.” He grinned. “I can give you a ride, if you need one.”

“No thanks.”

Anesha already felt uncomfortable. The people around her were either flailing wildly, their movements thoughtless and embarrassing, or bumping and grinding with the aim of drawing attention to themselves. “I don’t really know how to dance,” she shouted over the music. “At least, not like this.”

“Of course not. I wouldn’t be caught dead doing some of these moves,” Val replied, cringing as he looked around. “But since you’re an old imperial girl, you must at least know the old imperial swing dancing, right?”

“That was over eight centuries ago.”

“So?” He gave her an earnest look. “You don’t have to be a dancer in order to dance. Just follow my lead. Ready?”

And they were off. Before you question my methodology in making up an “old imperial swing” style of dancing, you need to remember that the Galactic Empire was just a bunch of Space Nazis. Of course they did swing dancing. Don’t @ me.

The area around them cleared as the people nearest to them realized they were going to get smacked if they didn’t move out of the way. Val looked right at Anesha and grinned. “Trust me!” She knew he was going to do something, probably crazy, but before she could protest he wrapped his arm around her waist, lifted her up, and dipped her down low.

She gasped, clinging to him. He was remarkably strong, despite being shorter than her, but he had gambled on her not panicking and struggling against his grasp. She could see everyone’s feet around her, a wide variety of different shoe types and sizes, including aliens who didn’t wear shoes at all.

“Looks like someone’s about to become a smear across the bar!” Val exclaimed, setting her back on her feet. Dizzy, she turned in the direction he was looking just in time to see Rook Heimdal Rook Heimdal slap her hands on AMCO AMCO ‘s shoulders. The Sephi woman was also still there, most likely contemplating whether the woman with a shaved head would let her assist in taking Vandiir down.

Anesha burst into a fit of giggles, partially from lightheadedness and partially from the poetic justice of seeing the galactic ladies' man Adrian Vandiir surrounded by women who hated his guts. “Again!” she laughed, as happy as a child.

So they kept on dancing.

Jalan Riyadosh

J
Jalan blinked at the response to the ship. Gorgeous. That was one word for it. Compared to most of the vessels she had seen in the short time abroad, it was competing for the title of most glamorous flying target possible. Then came the answer to her business here, and it brought a soft smile to her face. It was nice to hear that a friend looked out for the other. The answer seemed directed at her with the admittance of pleasure at being here. A soft blush coloring her face when she realized the reason for staring, was also the reason Vaylin was happy to be here.

This was a first for her. She fiddled with a lonesome lock of hair. It was a coy smile that she gave, her eyes playing peekaboo with Vaylin's for a few moments. Gaze moving between the table and back to purple eyes as she made to speak before closing her mouth to chew on her lip. It was the time the other woman needed to construct an answer as Jalan found herself stumbling to respond.

She fiddled for a moment with the drink, gently taking it back to take a sip as Vaylin informed her of being a teacher. Teacher covered a broad spectrum of things, from various general topics to specific refined studies. It piqued her curiosity, but delving into that specific vein would open herself up to inquiry as well. Best to give a simple answer, or at least what she thought was a simple answer.

"I am glad that Kaalia convinced you to come then. I should give her my thanks as this would have been a boring visit, by myself." She held Vaylin's gaze this time, flutters in her stomach as she slid the drink back to her with a hand. "I am a student. Of sorts. Still learning what I am capable of." A trouble making smirk appeared while still looking at Vaylin. Her hand slowly drawn back towards herself, fingertips touching the table while the drink returned to Jalan's side, noticeably without being touched. Sneaky devil was using the force to move it.

Vaylin Vaylin

Attention largely divided between the Sephi at his side - she really ought to decide whether she wanted to stab him in the back, leave in a huff, or least likely of all accept a drink or two on his bill - and a tasty if simple cocktail, Adrian almost failed to notice his wayward project's advance.

Almost. There was a certain spiritual fragrance to his more spectacular creations, however, one which he could not help but recognise.

Smirking softly, though a practised touch might notice the tenseness in his stance, the Sith Lord turned to face the larger woman, neck twisting just a bit more than what was natural to compensate for her standing behind him, hands on his shoulders.

"Why Ms. Heimdal, what an unexpected pleasure... but if anything, you seem to be the one "trying something", no?"

Cold eyes studying her calmly, as if he hadn't placed a million-credit bounty on her after she escaped his labs, the smirk remained.

The reactions she was getting from Jalan was almost making the Zabrak grin like the cat chasing the canary. It had been far too long since she had been in a situation like this. Where she had caught the interest, and vice versa. The coy smile, the glances away but always looking back. It was all incredibly adorable to the Zabrak, and she was tempted to just kiss the woman.

But she waited. Wanting to see how much further she could tease.

Vaylin was glad Jalan hadn't inquired further. She already had an answer in mind if she had asked what subjects she taught, but it would've led to a whole rabbithole of a conversation. Specifically about the Force and-

The Zabrak's line of thought was interrupted moments after she had taken a sip of the drink, placing the glass down. Only for it to carefully slide across the table's surface, back towards Jalan. Vaylin internally chuckled at herself, how had she noticed realized the woman was a Force User? Had she truly been that distracted, that she hadn't even crossed her mind? She really had gotten absorbed into those burgundy eyes.

"Is that so?" Vaylin returned Jalan's smirk with a playful one of her own, leaning back into her seat. Placing a hand against her own leg, Vaylin began to tap her fingers along it. After a few seconds of delay, the sensation of touch began to glide up Jalan's arm. Just the slightest bit of contact, almost like a ghost, in the same repeated pattern the Zabrak was tapping against her leg. "I could teach you a few things."

Even when she wasn't 'on the job' as Sith, Vaylin couldn't help but capitalize on a weakness. Although this one was to only tease, not cause harm.

Melia Siari

M
Just as soon as she'd ensured she wouldn't be interrupted during the rest of the night, Melia found herself losing sight of Jovana Valente. Stepping away from Tulan Kor Tulan Kor with a distracted smile and accompanied wave, the Zeltron slipped into a throng of moving limbs and gyrating hips, her expression turning sour as she realized she must have offended the woman she was after. She ignored the occasional hand waving near her face, and paid no attention to the incidental bump here and there from someone trying to get her to dance with them, tonight she only had eyes for one person, and though her brow furrowed as she tried her damnedest to find her, she wasn't about to give in just yet.

Eventually she caught sight of the brunette, only now she was dancing with someone else - and her gaze must have been noticed, seeing as the woman decided to throw fuel to the fire and wave her off cheekily. Had her skin not already been some bright shade of pink, the spreading warmth in her cheeks would have made sure that her face, at the very least, would have been. The idea that she might have made it seemed that she was uninterested entered her mind, but only as an explanation for the woman's behavior - she didn't feel even the slightest bit bad about her own inattentiveness, what she wanted she made sure to get.

And right now, shaking her head with a frown, Melia wanted her.

Reaching over for a glass of something clear from some hapless wait staff carrying a tray of drinks, of what she wasn't sure, the Zeltron collected herself with a sharp, deep, inhale through her nose. Her expression softened, and then adopted a look of cold confidence - 'If you want to play, we can play.' She thought. She shifted her gaze to a man behind Jovana, her legs carrying her towards him as she flashed a smile and arched her eyebrows as if to imply interest. Just as she was about to pass by the Jedi, she 'accidentally' bumped into the woman dancing with her and spilled the glass in her hand down the woman's shirt. "Oh, I am so sorry." She said as she pivoted towards the woman she had accosted, setting the glass down on an empty tray of a server passing by with impeccable timing. Reaching for a handkerchief from her purse, Melia held the cloth to the source of the growing wet spot on her chest while she leaned in to whisper into her ear.

"Get your schutta ass out of here."

Stepping back, handing the woman the cloth she'd used to try to dab away the alcohol she'd spilled down her front, she smiled. "You can keep it, it's the least I can do. The bathroom is that way, you might want to clean up. Sorry again for that." She said, turning her knowing gaze towards Jovana Valente - her face still a picture of genuine apology, but her green eyes were cold and hungry. Maybe the Jedi had thought she'd give up, or maybe she thought that she would have tried to play nice - but that wasn't how the Zeltron lived her life, she had set her mind on something and now she was going to do everything she could to make sure she got what she wanted.

"I'm sorry, I probably just interrupted a good time."

Jalan Riyadosh

J
The small smirk was paired with a nod as she watched Vaylin sit back. Opening her mouth to speak again, she instead gave a small squeal of surprise. An equally small jolt of a jump happening as her eyes shot down to the spot when it felt like her arm was touched. Vaylin continued speaking, and their formed a pattern to the touch, a nervous smile forming as words failed to form in her brain for a moment.

A skill like this could be useful.

Burgundy held purple again, studying for a long moment. At least until a small shrug elicited words. "Won't learn without trying." She spoke softly, but was throwing to the wind the railing caution of her mind. A stranger, barely a few minutes known. Learning a new skill while she felt all sorts of, confused. Excited.

Happy.

"Do you need to tell your friend, I mean, about-?" Jalan motioned back and forth between them. "Wouldn't want to make someone worry and have them interrupt." It was always a pain starting a lesson over, or breaking concentration.

Vaylin Vaylin

Amea Virou Amea Virou

The taste of the zeltron on the beach was strangely, much less unpleasant than it had seemed before. That seemed to be perhaps a cause for concern but at the moment, it did not matter much to him. Placing the cup on the table he was almost a little shocked when she'd accepted his hand to a dance, way back when, he'd have never even been approached to do something as risque as a dance.

Olen was used to tight twists and precision turns, being a starfighter pilot, and found that fast paced dances pretty much came natural to him, or so he thought? "Please forgive me if I dance like a Jawa with a deathstick, I have been told I have two left feet, rather ironic for my chosen profession." A small chuckle escaped him as he decided to move with the raucous beat of the club music.

"I hope you're right Amea, my own plans usually keep me from certain death but having an open mind, is equally as important." He mentioned, his personal philosophy having revealed himself. It was fair to say that he was unorthodox as a pilot, which had its benefits as adaptability to a situation was key to survival. But when the uniform was off, when he was out of the cockpit, when he wasn't on a mission, all of that unorthodox nature felt a little bit foreign to him.

"You may." He told her, refraining from bursting out into laughter.

Amea seemed to take the lead which didn't surprise him, but further intrigued him and piqued his curiosity to the point where he was missing moves in the dance to observe her own moves, a quality that he made discreet. Trying to dumb down the analysis, he took a deep breath and flowed as the beat and as Amea did, a tactic that soon expired its usefulness.

0vJH56T.png

“I bet you do.” The big bird was never easy to deal with, that’s for sure. “He kidnapped and tried to marry one of my little sisters…that was a weird day.” She snorted, taking a healthy swig of her drink as if it would drown out the memory of Nida being kidnapped. Perhaps selfishly, Yula turned a blind eye to the bird for the time being. He wasn’t causing anyone any trouble…right?

“To answer your question,” She cleared her throat, feeling the awkwardness of her explanation creep into her voice already. “I may have misunderstood two gentlemen talking about a salvaging opportunity. In my defense!” She raised a finger, as if Eldin was going to interrupt her. “The words salvaging and slaving sound awfully similar, you know.” Especially after a few drinks.

“You trying to get me back to your apartment? Or dumpster?” Yula couldn’t help the teasing grin on her face, as well as the remark. In honesty, she wouldn’t have minded. Eldin was a handsome man with pretty eyes and something of a brutish charm.

Her response was to make her way back to the dance floor, hips swaying intently.

Eldin Daine Eldin Daine

Vaylin was continously enjoying making Jalan speechless through simple action. She knew there had to be a reason why Jalan was so receptive to touch, something she had no doubt wanted to keep hidden. The Zabrak wouldn't pry, maybe it would naturally be revealed. But either way, she wasn't going to shy away from taking advantage.

Letting her little Force movement go, Vaylin used it instead to trade the glass again, letting it slide back into her hand after Jalan had taken some.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about Kaalia. She no doubt saw us walking off, and is no doubt plenty distracted herself." With the glass in hand, Vaylin downed what little remained of the Bespin Fizz. "So we will not be interrupted...in our lesson."

Vaylin stood up, sliding out of the booth in a graceful motion. She walked around to Jalan's side, holding her hand out for her once again.

"Shall we dance?"

If there was one thing that was going to potentially drive Jalan crazy, it was going to be dancing.

Olen Halcorr Olen Halcorr

It was not a pretty display. Not so much because Amea had two left feet but because she had absolutely no idea what she was doing. Rhythm and dancing had two very different roles in her life. One of them was to measure the time between heartbeats, the other a metaphor for when her fists and elbows, knees and feet did the talking for her. Dancing was a new thing, but Amea was nonetheless set on faking it until she made it.

One foot, two foot, one foot, two foot, and spin. She raised her arm to let Olen do a twirl before she pulled him right back in. It was positively horrendous and off-beat, but at the very least it was fun so that was all that mattered.

“See? Going with the flow.”
She nodded and pushed him away, then pulled him back in just like those around them did. “You’re doing it already.”

“That makes you about two-thirds there already. The rest is a constantly moving goal post, really.”
She shrugged. “Arbitrary, yes, but most of life seems to be, so why bother trying to predict it all too much?”

“Just let whatever happens, happen.”

Jalan Riyadosh

J
A soft smile and a nod had her agreeing with the woman. If the pair had been as observant as he had guessed, her friend was already aware of them slipping off to a table. "Ah, that's, good." She sighed a breath, distracted until the force touch ended and he was able to focus once more. Watching with a zealous amount of interest as Vaylin finished off the bespin fizz and came round the table.

The offered hand was taken, her thoughts quickly shaken back to scenes in her mind and dances in the front nose of the ship. "Since you asked so nicely." The jacket was taken, awkwardly held onto for a moment before the pair made to the dance floor. She took only a the bare minimum time required to tie the jacket about her waist, looking to Vaylin before beginning to move and sway with the rhythm.

"You may need to teach me a bit of dancing while you are at it." She laughed, attempting to hold Vaylin's hands. Had it not been for her constant use of high heels, the woman before Vaylin would have been twisting and dipping to keep her balance. Ever since coming out to join the world, the HRD had pushed Jalan to be exceptionally dressed at all times. She wasn't able to run in them, for long, but she was able to dance rather freely.

The dancing wasn't quite, organic. At least not at first. It was like remembering how to properly run a speeder bike after being off the things for a decade. She kept close to Vaylin, the white jacket acting more as a skirt now and flaring with every good swish of her hips as she smiled to Vaylin. More fluid movements had her drawing closer, though not yet putting hands on the other woman. Long black hair bounced around her shoulders, the deep wine colored eyes always on Vaylin.

Vaylin Vaylin

Born standin' up and takin' back.
The Judge was not one for judging, he had his fair share of mistakes that in retrospect seemed far worse than what they were, or turned out to be. Besides, tonight was shaping up to be fun and if this was punishment, trouble seemed a good idea to him. He did chuckle however, the words did kinda sound alike, if you were drunk and hard of hearing.

“Mind reader as well are ya?”. He teased back, the idea of getting Yula back to his place was very appealing, not that he thought he had a snowballs chance in hell of achieving it.

He watched her down her drink and shimmy off the bar stool. Turning his head over his shoulder to gaze at her snaking her way to the dance floor, he did not need a second invitation. Eldin followed the swaying hips and joined her. Taking up her hand and pulling her close, his arm snaking around her waist. It was a slow number the band played, which was good fortune as far as he was concerned.

He leaned in, only a few inches from her face, his eyes looking deeply into hers with intent, before gently pushing her away in a twirl as he raised his arm. After gathering her back to his arms, cheek to cheek, he whispered, “When are we gonna get ourselves inta trouble, Sheriff?”, there was a smirk on his face. “Can’t say I have ever worked with ya on duty”.

Duty was the last thing on his mind tonight.

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Jovana Valente

J
It was simple. Jo wasn't one to be turned away, you either wanted or you didn't. She wasn't interested in games, it was why she went deeper into the crowd. Still, she could feel Pink move through the crowd there was an intensity about her. The kind where you didn't need to be Force-sensitive to figure it out. The lights and sounds of the club were enough to drown out someone's senses add in a bit of faux smoke, and alcohol? It just made everything that much more intense, fortunately, or unfortunately, there was no having a buzz for Jo. Even as she took a drink for herself before setting the half-full glass on a roaming tray.
Pink's arrival was anything but subtle, but she knew how to work. Jo's partner gasped when alcohol made its way down her shirt. The Spacer sighed inwardly and focused on the music while momentarily looking for another dance partner. She needn't look far as Pink apologized for interrupting what seemed like a good time. Jo knew the tactic, albeit it hadn't been one she was familiar with but it did the job of isolating someone. Pink should be grateful that Jo might consider a second chance. She wasn't sure if she wanted to accept Pink's apology but, "it seems I've gotten an upgrade in a dance partner."
"It was a good time, but I'm sure you'll more than make up for it." There was a tone in her voice, one that teased at suggestive. A whisper for Pink, as she moved with the rhythm of the music, "balia conmigo."

The Zabrak smiled as Jalan accepted her offer, taking her hand and leading her over and onto the dance floor. Contact broke only for a few moments as Jalan quickly fixed her jacket around her waist. Vaylin's hands were already there to retake once she had finished. Slowly they began to sway, gradually finding a rhythm with the music's beat. It was clear that the Zabrak had the greater experience here, but it didn't diminish the mood.

Frankly, Vaylin found the awkwardness adorable coming from Jalan.

In that moment, Vaylin found she really liked Jalan's laugh. She wasn't sure why, but it seemed to resonate in her ears.

"Oh don't worry," she said staring up at the taller woman. Reminded again in that moment of their height difference. "Just follow my lead, and you'll be fine."

Vaylin was certainly no expert, never having taken any proper dancing lessons. Sure, Kaalia had tried to at some point. But the Zabrak had found her own means to not step on partner's feet. She looked at dancing like it was a spar, which in of itself tended to be a dance too. It always came down to who your partner was, if they could find a middle ground where both parties fell in sync with one another.

What started as robotic movements, steadily became more organic and graceful. Bodies shifting and swaying in beat with the music, and Vaylin's attention never fell away from Jalan. Moving closer and closer as the latter grew more confident in her movements. Up until a point where simply holding each other's hands became rather awkward in position. To remedy that, Vaylin slipped away from Jalan's grasp, only to slide her hands down to either side of her waist.

The Zabrak grinned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom