Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reunion

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
0cjJ8TN.png
Equipment: Brynja attire | Hersir Imperial Uniform | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid was still on Denon because of the various meetings. There was still someone she had to talk to. With the help of Nite, she found out that the man was also here on the planet, so she immediately sent a message to Kahlil that she wanted to meet him. They hadn’t spoken for months, the last time before the woman was taken prisoner of war on the Serenno, but even Csilla only happened after their last meeting. A lot has happened since then, including with the woman and the Galaxy. Perhaps the man can breathe a sigh of relief now that Zambrano's reign is over.

She gave the man the HPI building's coordinates, she left the time to the other, the woman wasn’t going anywhere now anyway, and this place was corporate, neutral. She waited in her own office until the man arrived, in the meantime dealing with corporate and imperial affairs. There were quite a lot of both. She spoke aloud to MANIAC MANIAC at times, asking for information, advice from the AI. So she worked.

Not knowing when Kahlil would arrive or whether he would come at all, she was prepared to be able to set aside work at any minute if necessary. Especially that in that moment she will know that the man is coming as soon as he enters the building. MANIAC MANIAC 's work has always been invaluable. Accurate, reliable and forever loyal.

She flipped through some of the files and then looked down at the city through the window. She hoped Kahlil would come today…

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

kXz6A9D.png

She was alive.

That news alone brought a breath of relief to the young Jedi. The last he knew, she was to be killed. Executed, really. But why did she stay? That was a question he didn't have an answer to, and one he wanted. So hearing that Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim was searching for him brought him right to the building in question. He walked in with some haste, hands behind his back. He was trying to hide the urgency he had behind him, but even he couldn't.

A bright smile formed once the Empress came into view. She really had survived.

"Hey."

Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
0cjJ8TN.png
Equipment: Brynja attire | Hersir Imperial Uniform | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
dRUm20K.png

It was a pleasant surprise when Maniac signalled that Kahlil had arrived. The woman put all the files and papers in the drawer of the table and was already waiting for the man to arrive. On the outside, thanks to her shape-shifting abilities, she was perfect as usual, but in the Force, it was a different matter. Kahlil had already seen the woman in full force, so it might be striking to her that something was wrong. It was as if the woman was much paler, weaker.

This was partly true, the organisms devoured almost all midichlorians in her body and only slowly regenerated. The woman only slowly regained her strength. But it was precisely because of this that she still felt physically weak and sick. Nothing that would make it impossible to work, but Force using was difficult and burdensome. Like when she just started learning this in the past. So Ingrid was just weak, but she was getting stronger every day.

When the man entered, she smiled at him with a sincere smile, and at first called only by his first name:

"Kahlil, welcome! I’m happy to see you, please come in, and sit down. How are you? We haven't met in a long time." she asked curiously.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

kXz6A9D.png

It really had been some time, huh? He smiled softly as he took a seat across from Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim , leaning back comfortably. She felt different. Wrong, almost. What exactly had happened to her to change her so drastically? In the Force, no less. Still, she was smiling and talking, so better not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

"I've been well enough, though I'm far more curious how you're doing. Are you okay?"

0cjJ8TN.png
dRUm20K.png

They had last met a long time ago, it really was a long time ago, since Ingrid had been in captivity for about a year. After Kahlil's question, the smile disappeared from her face. What could be said about that? As much as she knew the man, he would surely see through the lie, or that she hadn't said something. But to tell him what's wrong would be a sign of weakness. And it was very difficult for the woman to show this. Even in front of those who were much closer to her than Kahlil. Yes, here she meant Tubrok, Cal, Adrian, and Telis.

Ingrid had gone through much of the physical and mental torture, she had to. The other issue is that because of Adrian’s death has been in the same condition for more than three years now. Those mental wounds did not heal anything, nor did her relationship with Telis, or Tubrok, help in this. There are people who mourn someone until they die. Ingrid was like that.

"I'm getting better day by day. I may have regeneration, but it’s only good for physical injuries. Midi-chlorians regenerate much slower in my body. The NIO’s Admiral Regent has poisoned me with an organism that eats Midi-chlorians and kills the host. I'm almost dead, but I'm better now. You? What have you been doing for the past more than a year?" she said, as if it had been the most natural thing in the Galaxy.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

kXz6A9D.png

He grimaced. To hear about something so destructive was bad enough on it's own. To hear that Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim had to suffer through it was worse. Kahlil did his best not to look that upset at the notion, though. It was the past, and recent. No reason to dredge up old wounds. Though how was Kahlil supposed to say how he was after that?

"I'm.. Alright. Nothing I can really complain about. Or want to complain about. My life is fairly ordinary, all things considered."

0cjJ8TN.png
dRUm20K.png

This will be a long story, she would have loved to have sighed, but couldn’t afford that luxury. The red-haired woman had known for a long time that if a man said that, there could be serious problems in the background. Although most of the time women behaved this way, it was no stranger from the men either. Last but not least, it was striking that the man was not interested in what the NIO did. Other times he was always interested, now this time not.

"You're lying, Kahlil. What is that, are you not saying to me?" she asked.

Ingrid was really interested now. She had met the man quite often to know what his basic behaviour was like, but the current one was completely different from that. The woman was an agent and a spy, she had to learn at a very young age to read in others, to know the signs. About strangers, it was all a harder task, but she knew Kahlil. They may not have seen it in over a year, but it didn’t really matter.

"I see that there is something wrong, please tell me and honor me by not lying to me, I never lied to you either."

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"Huh?" Kahlil blinked for a moment, more confused by the accusation than anything else. He laughed warmly though, one hand reach up to rub at the back of his neck. Probably should of tried harder to hide something from Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim of all people, though she was right. There were few people he felt like he needed to lie to, and she certainly wasn't one of them. He'd lower his hand as his gaze drifted off, staring out the nearby window. "It's nothing big, I promise. Just feeling aimless. So much is wrong in the galaxy, but I've no idea where and how I can help. It's not like I can stop my father from what he's doing, either."

That was more to the core of the issue than anything else. His hand tightened into a fist as he thought back to too many cruelties his father alone guided. Or reaped the benefits from.

"That's all."

0cjJ8TN.png
dRUm20K.png

The woman continued to look at the man intently; the answer at the moment was satisfactory; Ingrid was pleased with it. Regardless, she still felt like something else was in the background. She perfectly knew what it was like when someone was helpless, she too was during her captivity. It was the worst of all, not the torture and nodded at the end of the man's words.

"I see. What has he done now?" she asked. " I know there is no longer Zambrano rule in the ruins of the Sith Empire. It caught me off guard when, after my release, Darth Aagenti took me to the Sith Emperor and he was not Zambrano… even he gave me a marriage proposal." she added.

She did not mention the part that she feels that the Sith Empire was eventually destroyed because of the efforts to free her. Nor what happened between Telis and her; none was too relevant in this situation.

"During the captivity I did not get much information and I had to make up for a lot. Would you please tell me the details?" she asked almost kindly.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"A marriage proposal? Did you take it?" He was far more curious on that than talking about his father. Though, he did clear his throat. Right, he did say no more lying and such. "I'm not sure what to tell you, in truth. I don't know the inner workings of the Empire or my family. But my father has been around. He stopped with the Empire for his own goals. I fear what happened to Csilla is helping him." Kahlil shrugged.

"It's only speculation, though. I know nothing about his real plans. That's likely what worries me so."

0cjJ8TN.png
dRUm20K.png

"Believe me, it wasn’t just you who were shocked, after hearing this." she chuckled for a moment and shook her head. " I asked for time, to this day I have not given an answer to Shaper. Although I think my decision can be said to be a no, since after Ziost, we dissolved the Mutual Defensive Pact between TSE and EE in a mutual agreement with the Pillars." there was no trace of the former chuckling here, she was gloomy and cold again. "I had to defend the Eternal Empire."

She nodded at Kahlil's words; that is, it is true that the red-haired woman did not know whether Carnifex was there at the Csilla or not. There, Ingrid took her part of the fight, but unfortunately she was too slow; Mercy wasn't destroyed in time, they had time to shoot. She was only broadly aware of those present because she was captured not long after at Serenno. She did not receive all of the information.

"I don’t know if he was there, but I can imagine. I have my own resources, do you want me to find out this information?" she asked.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

He wasn't sure which was more surprising. That the Shaper had become Emperor, or that he'd proposed to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . He ended up just chuckling with her, though even he could see the bitterness settle in as she continued to speak. So that's what happened? He scratched at his cheek for a moment, staring off out the nearby window all over again to ponder his own thoughts. Ruling an Empire was no easy task.

"You're welcome to try, but I fear what he's doing has been in the works for so long that once you do find out it'll be too late. I have to find a way to confront and stop him." A solemn air took over around the Jedi as he tightened a fist. But he didn't let that linger. He forced away the dark thoughts with a soft chuckle.

"I'm still horrified of seeing him again."

0cjJ8TN.png
dRUm20K.png

"Okay, then I’ll use my resources to find out what he’s planning to do or where he’s at right now." she promised.

Anyway, it really never hurts to know what a person as significant and dangerous as Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex is up to and what he's planning to do. At the meeting of the leaders of the factions, she heard quite worrying things; they really don’t lose anything by being informed. At best, it turns out that he has become a hobby gardener and does nothing, and at worst, he is preparing for something horrible, but then they can try to prepare for it.

What could be said about Kahlil being afraid to face his father? Any... some encouragement words? No, mainly because she was pretty sure that the Sith Lord was still able to influence or possibly control him. The former emperor must have left some security solution in him. At least that would have been what Ingrid does.

"I’m not going to lie, I’m not surprised you’re scared and worried. I don't see the chance of you being able to defeat or kill him. You are much weaker than him, you cannot win alone, you would need a lot of allies for that." she said, which may have sounded relentless.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

Kahlil laughed, if only to brush off his wounded pride. "I know I'm not the strongest, but did you have to say it like that?" He rubbed the back of his head, still smiling with that false humor to try and relax himself. Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim certainly wasn't wrong. As he was now, the young Jedi would barely be an annoying gnat to his father's overwhelming power. He lowered his hand, staring at his calloused palm. Over the various scars that had long healed.

"I abandoned my family to escape him. He's killed and scarred millions. I don't want to make anyone have to face him. If I can, I want to face him on my own. Get strong enough to stop him without others needing to risk their lives." That, and perhaps he was one of the only people who didn't want to see his father dead. Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex was evil, but to abandon his own family to death didn't feel right. He closed his hand as he looked back up to the Empress. Gone was the smile, replaced by sheer determination.

"I will stop him."

0cjJ8TN.png
dRUm20K.png

"If you were a stranger, I probably would have put it more diplomatically. But to a… friend I'm not going to use a roundabout phrase. I'm going to hurt your ego, rather than someone else hurting you just because I lied to you." she said this exceptionally kindly, although it was felt that saying the friend was not the easiest for her.

The red-haired woman was just like that. She was able to flatter well, to say exactly what others wanted to hear, to turn even half the truths into truth to manipulate others. The excellent shadow player. But in addition to all this, Ingrid was cruelly honest, especially with her relatives, friends, those who were important to her. And yes, Kahlil reached the friend level in the woman's eyes. Thus, even if it hurt what she said; even then she said. She nodded at Kahlil's words that he didn't want to kill him; it all seemed really interesting.

"How?" she asked; there was no mockery in her voice, only interest. She was really curious how she imagined it. Ingrid didn't know if he could succeed, so she was really curious what way he wanted. Although she had a feeling that the man did not have a concrete plan yet.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

Yeah, that made sense. Still, though. Maybe she could of been nicer? It was hard to think about it now that the topic had drifted to his father, and the resounding question of just how Kahlil was planning to stop his father. Was there even a way for him to? Or would be the others, people he didn't even know that his father had wronged to take him down?

Eventually he just shrugged to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim .

"I get stronger, first. Then I'll figure something out."

0cjJ8TN.png
dRUm20K.png

"I guessed." she said without emotion.

She thought for a few moments about what the options were. She was one of those people who tried to come up with a plan for everything. Of course, Ingrid didn’t despair even if she had to improvise and was good at it; it was part of the agent and spy work, but she liked to plan ahead for long-term plans.

"First, he evolves too, meaning you have to be at least twice as fast as him, or even faster." she stopped for a moment. "I have a question and probably a legitimate question about this. Are you able to evolve and gain strength? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not questioning your abilities, but instead of your father, I wouldn’t let any of my offspring develop after a certain level. And this level is where they are able to threaten him." she explained this.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"If I were to actually focus on my training, I'm sure I could get quite strong. But it's not a matter of getting stronger than my father. His strength comes from the horrible things he does, and the alliances he makes. We take down his powerbase. Take away that which gives him his overwhelming power. Just facing him directly will never work." It wasn't just making allies like Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim had said. Already he was forming the various plans he'd need to face down his father.

"Just a matter of doing."

0cjJ8TN.png
dRUm20K.png

What Kahlil told her was quite a reminder that it was like the gods in many religions. That is, those who consider themselves to be, or mythology considers them to be. They gain their strength from their followers. So far, she thought it was just a fairy tale, even though she was capable of it herself. That is, to similar things. Although for a long time to keep the stolen or borrowed force is not her strength, but kept them temporarily yes. She was actually horrified by the fact that it would remain permanent, and she suppressed these feelings. She lived with it only because it was temporary, borrowed, or extracted from the environment.

"This is interesting and worrying. Based on your words, he is able to retain the power he has gained in this way. He is a very influential, strong and manipulative person. It will be damn hard to disconnect his resources." she said.

Even in Ingrid's case, there were many who would not have dared to betray her out of fear. Well, Carnifex was a lot scarier than the woman. And he had much greater powers. She didn't know if they could succeed, but in one thing she could still offer her help.

"It's a great intelligence task, to track down, to find out his connections. I can help with this if you want." she offered.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"Hard, but not impossible. For as much as he wants to be a god, he is still a man. Powerful in the Force and knowledgeable on ways to escape death, but still mortal." Or so Kahlil hoped. If there was anything within Carnifex that still resembled the man he was before the Sith, there was still a chance he could be saved from the very darkness he spread.

"I'd very much appreciate the help. Anything that can be done to stop him from his vision of the galaxy should be done. Less he wipe out more planets, or enslave the trillions that inhabit it."

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom