Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion Return to Stygian | GA Rebellion of TSE's Krayiss and Jelucan

Mara Harik

M
krayiss2.png

rex2.png

Daughter of Krayiss
Strike Team Rex | Militia
00:24:18
This City Made Us

divider-wip-digital-art-cole-sprouse-complete-post-steemit-3.png

When I saw Sion's eyes I could see traces of who we had once been. Functional family bonds were uncommon in the slums of Krayiss, much less those that brought a little joy into the mundanity of it all. Trust was rarer still. We had built our little paradise, with the sweat of our brows and the resolve to make this better. For a time things were wonderful. It wasn't perfect, but I don't think I'd ever been happier than in those days with my husband.

But the Sith's ambition brought it all to an end. When they came to Krayiss, to 'make an example' of it, they destroyed all facets of our joy. I only learned why they came after it was over. A power struggle among a few Sith Lords. To think that the hubris of two beings could bring so much devastation. They appeared one day, their ships far up in the sky, and descended on the city without warning. The fighting was terrible. We thought at first it might have been the New Imperials, launching a surprise attack to make some grandiose statement. But when we saw legionnaires kill each other in the streets, we knew this was different.

The fighting didn't last long. We scarcely had any who could fight against the Empire's troops, let alone their Sith. I'd sought shelter at my place of work, a small marine-life zoo, for the entirety of those seven hours. The Sith never bothered with it, I think the notion of slaughtering animals when they already had their bipedal ones to hunt was beneath them. Bastards. When it was over I carefully navigated what was left of our streets home. The ship wharf district, where he and I had our small apartment, billowed with smoke and flames, even in the distance. The entire way there anxiety made me tremble. By the time I turned the corner onto our street I had been running as quickly as I could.

I found our home in pieces. Top floors reduced to rubble on the streets, the lower part hollowed out and blackened from the flames. It froze me in my tracks. My heart pounded in my chest and all I could hear was its rhythmic thrumming in my head. When I finally moved again I was shaking. It felt as though I was walking through a ghost town, something unfamiliar, that wasn't at all the home I remembered. The foyer was stained with ash. The walls were full of blaster holes. I could see our landlord's apartment door on the floor of his room. It had been ripped violently from its hinges. I didn't go in to check if he was there.

My footsteps carried me up the stairs, slowly. I felt weightless and heavy, so heavy, all at once. The smell of ash was suffocating on the stairs, cold and thick as I breathed it in. When I came to our floor the stairs were partially destroyed, pieces still crumbled and fell when I moved past them. I had taken to the railing out of instinct, the thought of falling was last on my mind.

Our floor was almost completely gone. I could see the orange sky, still thick with plumes of smoke, above me. Chunks of rubble were strewn about all over, doors were missing, and the walls had been torn down almost in their entirety. What remained were indications of apartments, rooms barely distinguishable in the chaos of permacrete and personal effects. Our apartment was little more than a pile of ash.

It found Sion buried under the wall of living room. He barely breathed when I pulled him free. It wasn't until days later that he woke up, and told me what had happened.

That the Sith had taken him.

Part of me had died when he told me, but another one clung to hope. He was still alive, even if he was gone. I could still find him one day. The chance still existed that there could be an end to this nightmare. But as the weeks went by, as the years faded, I lost that hope. With each day that passed a small part of it died and calcified into a shard lodged into my heart. Slowly, all that love for him was replaced with a bitterness that fueled hatred. Hate for the ones who had done this to us.

Hate for the Sith. The same hate that brought us, Sion and me, to become rebels for some far off government we'd likely never see. But they promised us something we'd both craved.

Vengeance.

"I'm ready," I said.

I could feel the weight of the blaster rifle in my palms. I'd grown accustomed to it. Before all this I'd never held one in my life. Now I was ready to take the lives of anyone who served the Empire willingly.

How time changes us.

Allies: GA, NJO, NIO, Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , Suri Vullen Suri Vullen , Captain Raith Captain Raith , Sion Dallo Sion Dallo ['N FAMILY STAYS TOGETHER]
Enemies: TSE, Open

Last edited by a moderator:
"How did I become such a manipulative witch? I took a ton of online courses...I know! I was surprised they had online courses for that chit myself!" The Amalgam hissed at Starlin Rand Starlin Rand as she came out of the shadows, clad in her Resistance Epidermis.

"I really must ask... what's it like, being trained by my cult's founder?" The Amalgam asked, motivated by The Darth Phyre hiding in her mind to ask it. The Darth Phyre copy in her mind was sizing him up for turning to the Dark Side, and wanted to see how well her Light Side self had done in the training of him.

She removed her Lightsaber, double Bladed, designed to split into two. Purple blades shot out and her flesh shuddered slightly as she metabolized the power of the Library.

"You're so like her. More than you realize. She was a street tough herself, like you used to be. Before a woman in white walked into your life and gave you purpose, as a woman in white once did for Laertia. You're both people who otherwise would have been unhappy in the nice, neat structure of The Jedi, before someone with true knowledge, true secrets, saw potential while others might have simply told you to stick to the rule book, and took you under their wing. But she's not around these days, is she?" The Amalgam cruelly taunted him, fully aware of how much he loved Syd.

"She's scurried like some coward, unable to face the influence she's had on my daughter...unable to even remember the extent of her influence. But we know, don't we. We know exactly how she influenced Laertia's whole life." She sneered, spinning the blades as she approached.

"Everything Laertia knows of Lightsaber Combat, of fighting and defending against the Force, comes from me, boy." She added, already picking out a strategy to dismantle him. She wasn't going to kill him...just drive him closer to despair.

"And all that I know of fighting is descended from your own Master's teachings as a Sith. Heaven knows at this point you'd probably destroy Laertia, given half the chance...but are you willing to write Syd off in the process?" She wondered, grinning, noticing his Lightsaber design.

"That looks like one of hers, definitely... let's see how good you are with it."

She lunged at superhuman speed, swiping for his legs, stretching her terrible presence in the Force to disrupt his connection to the light.

No doubt Starlin would start to notice a troubling similarity between her fighting style and Syd's. But Syd's style, while deadly and cunning, didn't have the sheer vicious to it that the Amalgam's blade Technique had. Indeed, he might even start to notice similarities to Laertia in how she struck at him, ready to punish any weakness, any mistake...

Last edited:
krayiss4.png

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective:
Technological Terror
Action: Listen and Express Opinion
Attire

Br8YpBr.png
Seto stiffened a yawn, his eyes blinked shut for a moment as he walked down a secluded hallway. The sleepless nights had returned, with a vengeance, but the Senate Chambers recently added several new caf machines. No doubt the outcry of tired Senators and Representatives had encouraged such a speedy renovation. His musings of caffeine only lasted until he reached the committee room, his eyes focused on those who were already present.
The young Du Couteau heir found his seat and waited for the Vice Chancellor to begin the meeting with the tap the gavel.
It was all rather interesting to Seto, even as he listened to the Senators share their own words, it appeared rather moot to him. The doubt that Alliance would seek to construct a weapon capable of planetary wide destruction seemed non-existent in the eyes of Seto. The discussion of how to build such a weapon seemed to be the root of the matter. And I could hazard a guess of who would win the bid to build the Alliance’s first Superweapon. Even as Seto peered into his data-slate, reviewing some of the ideas proposed by Senator Fossk, there was the perception issue to deal with first.
The Alliance, a shining beacon of hope and prosperity, would soon possess the power to remove a naturally created celestial object from existence. The logic of building a tool to fix a problem wasn’t the issue, but more so the scale of said tool that gave many civilians of the Alliance pause. Many considered war ships, soldiers and even Jedi as necessary tools to allow the continued existence of the Alliance but to bear upon a planet the ultimate fate? It wasn’t until the devastation seen at Csilla did the overton window change for many but Seto would argue not enough.
The ravaging forces of the Bryn’adul never had this kind of effect on the civilians or leaders of the Alliance. I guess there is something sobering to see a planet cracked open right before your eyes. The next speaker expressed their own misgivings, more precisely that the Alliance was looking for the wrong tool to fix a problem where a more subtle approach would be far better.
I guess there is nothing less subtle than breaking a planet in half, about as on the nose as you can get.
Another Representative in the committee room began to speak, Seto’s ears picked up the emotional rhetoric to pursue the creation of this weapon. Such appeals allowed the more emotionally driven critics to lean on one side or the other.
“There are several issues at hand, Vice Chancellor,” Seto began as his eyes glanced across the table before landing back on Tithe. “-The political capital needed to push such legislation would be as large as the cost to build the weapon. And I worry that the political will isn’t there to see such an effort come to fruition.”
Seto looked back down to his own data-slate, “ And as you said there is a perception issue that this can appear entirely reactionary, with consequences that can affect the morale here among the citizens. Imagine the rhetoric that the only option we have to defeat our enemy is to obliterate planets.”
“Furthermore; unfortunately the Alliance does not hold a favorable record against the Sith Empire. Though it can be said that with how fractured the Sith are that their threat is not an existential one. And that it does not merit a response anywhere near apocalyptic proportions.”
Seto closed his eyes for a moment, looking back towards the Vice Chancellor, “I believe the solution here is not to advocate for planet-killing weapons, but instead a superweapon killer of sorts.” Seto offered.
“We take a stance against the barbaric idea of breaking celestial objects and instead focus on weapons to hunt these planet killers. This will have the benefit of better public relations and we wouldn’t need to deal with people refusing to pay taxes due to the moral quandary of supporting planet killers.” Seto explained. "There is no better way to defeat ideology than showing that the weapon they use to terrorize can be neutralized."

|| Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | DARKCOM DARKCOM | Jak Ross | Julius Haskler Julius Haskler | Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf ||

hbndsex.png

THE NEW JEDI ORDER
OBJECTIVE I |
LIBRARY TEMPLE | THE STYGIAN CAMPAIGN
A WATCHFUL PROTECTOR
C2cDC7J.jpg

kwzlsmL.png

RETURN OF THE JEDI

“I got your back, remember?”

And I've got yours, he uttered through the Force.

A thin smile pulled his lips at Yula's words; no speech could inspire him, nor reassure him as much those few simple words barely whispered with a tender touch on his shoulder. In another life, he thought, things might've been different - a normal life where the responsibility to the galaxy did not weight on his shoulders. Alas. His duty to the Light came first and foremost. An oath sworn and vow taken. Maybe in his youth, a decade ago, the thought would've been more vivid, but after walking so long in service to galaxy, the thought had become nothing more than a clouded, barley discernible figment of his imagination.

Dagon caught eyes linger on his back at the short exchange of words between himself and Yula. A sideway glimpse of its source, he found Viers; her feelings were written in her eyes and he couldn't help but avert his glance downward and sigh. She had been there with him through thick and thin, followed him into the darkest of frays - despite her rebuke of the New Jedi - and for that he couldn't be more grateful. Dagon recalled the signs of sparks glittering between the two in the past but timing had always seemed to put a hedge between them. So close, yet so far.

Words left unspoked, feelings left unexpressed filled the void in their locked gazes as Viers moved ahead.

“I’ll be back.”

"I know." Dagon said, his tone highlighting the trust he had forged in her, as she vanished into thin air. Viers had come a long way from the green blooded padawan of the sandy dunes on Jakku to the master of shadows in service of the Light. His eyes lingered into where she had disappeared, wondering in hope that Viers still knew she could trust him to be there for her. Despite everything else.

The rest of strike team Tano followed suite, albeit not invisible, towards the library temple ahead. Their mission was clear - distract the Sith long enough for strike team Skywalker to gain entry into the library itself. Dagon put full trust into Aaran, Auteme and Ishida to overcome whatever challenges the lords of darkness had set against them. They had defied the odds before, they will defy them again. The Light wills it.

"They're rushing to reinforce!" he called out to Bernard, jerking his head at the supplement of Sith forces converging towards the entry. "We need to keep--"

Dagon's coiled abruptly as a wicked scream sliced through the air. The darkness emanating from the wail sent shivers down his spine. With one eye shut from the pain, the Jedi scanned franticly for the source only for Yula to gesture to both Bernard and Dagon to stay back. He arched a curious eyebrow as he watched her circle around the obelisk; something sparked in her presence and the padawan's curiosity and alertness shoved him to follow her. Stepping around the obelisk, he peered to see what had occurred.

“Zaavik!”

His heart skipped a beat as his eyes widened at the sight of Yula's cousin and his friend who all had believed to be dead. Perished during the earlier phases of the Stygian Campaign. The joyful surprise was quickly dowsed by the tide of reality - the darkness enveloping Zaavik, the same darkness that had laced itself with the earsplitting shriek moments ago. The same, all too familiar darkness that had corrupted his twin brother Aeric Kaze Aeric Kaze .

"Yula, no!!" Dagon shouted at her, wild-eyed and rushed after her. "Stay away from him!!"

He was fast but not faster than the Jedi Shadow Zaavik had become.

She would slip right through Dagon's fingers.
ALLIES | GA | Yula Perl Yula Perl | Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca | Viers Connory Viers Connory
ENEMIES | Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl | [SOON] | TSE

krayiss3.png

V E N O M _ S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
ARMOR | PRIMARY | SECONDARY | MELEE | GRENADES
N5cG5gd.png

BLACK MAGIC
Relentless in this war, always pressing forward no matter the cost. He had grown numb over the loss of men, after so many engagements and witnessing atrocities on the account of massive orbital bombardment on Ziost and Serenno? He didn't put much thought to the casualties no matter if it was victory or defeat. All that truly mattered was the mission in this tragic life forever engulfed by war. Though he had grown numb to the pain of his losses, he still hurt as his heart burned with vengeance; his heart grew with hatred and was consumed by it. The soldiers he fought alongside with were just tools to achieve his desires.

Desires and ambitions he hoped to achieve and would nullify the pain he fell victim to. Many would succumb and breakdown from these emotions of loss, but the few selected by that majority was motivated by that grief. Chasing a past, in attempts to reclaim back what was lost. A personal cause to be released by that grief.

They had their orders, orders given from himself. Responsible in overseeing and carrying out this assignment, all knowing of the dangers that would face. Dark Sorcery and other supernatural powers beyond them. It was crucial to sabotage this ritual, for the good of the campaign in securing Krayiss from the Sith and be one step closer to Dromud Kaas.

The casualties? Snake could only imagine the numbers, but Imperial patriotism ingrained in its soldiers taught them that their life was worth laying down to that idea.

No turning back now, not when they entered the Krayiss system from hyperspace or departed into the vacuum of space to board the enemy. Hell, there was no turning back ever since Tavlar openly rebelled against the Sith. They dared, and they won many engagements against this mortal enemy.

And they wouldn't stop daring.

<“Hopefully, we’ve got something for the vermin in here. Just in case,”> regarding to the design of the vessel that was obviously constructed with biological materials, a craft from the Vong. Their primary mission was to interfere this ritual and neutralize their targets. If they had the men, he’d want to compromise the heart of this cruiser and render it dead.

<“If we have any spares, have them start securing other areas. I’m confident we’ll manage with what we’ve got. They can still bleed.”>

Bleed and die.

<“Nearing the bridge, I’m not interested in taking hostages. Let’s have them bleed darker than crimson.”>

WHO DARES WINS
Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask

MEDUSA
Darth Mori

Dalton Crowder

D
Dalton's mouth opened to answer Faith's question, when the door opened and in walked another Senator.

Apologies for my tardiness. A previous engagement took longer than expected. Via K'mai, Junior Representative and senior aid to Senator DARKCOM DARKCOM DARKCOM DARKCOM of Epoch.

"Oh, no worries. We were just beginning." He returned the smile that was offered.

What have I missed thus far? Given the threat the Brotherhood of the Maw poses to the galaxy at large, I feel we should be aggressive in whatever plans are formulated to combat them and drive them out.

"We were just discussing the feed to the current military action against the Sith." He gestured to the holo emitter over the middle of the table, currently just showing available feed options. "I don't necessarily agree with you about the Brotherhood of the Maw. They are definitely a greater threat than we may have given them credit for previously. My only rebuttal is partial, the Sith and the Bryn also remain great threats, both to the Alliance directly and the galaxy as a whole. Along with that, we need to think of the lives of our people here in the Alliance. We don't rely very heavily on artificial combat aids, droids and the like. Every battle we fight is a battle where Alliance citizens may die." He sat back for a moment, letting his hand fall to the table and looking between his two peers. "All of this and more need to be considered. Where do we recommend we focus the Alliances resources, and what can be done to mitigate the danger to our people."

Objective: I Rebel
Allies: TSE
Enemies: Sion Dallo Sion Dallo Mara Harik

Of course there was a Jedi. Why wouldn’t there be a fething Jedi?? Not like Caide’s luck was ever anything but terrible.
The marksman, Aldo, had spotted him from his position up top(Caide had told him to travel by rooftop to make better use of his scope and provide some overwatch for the vulnerable squad as they travelled through the street. A group of rebels blocking their path Caide was having him run recon on had been moving strangely, making seemingly nonsensical moves tactically. When Aldo reported back, it was clear why.
“...One of them has a lightsaber sir.”
The words had sent a rare spike of fear up Caide’s battle hardened spine, but he managed to keep it off his face. Now was not the time to show doubt to his men. He had managed to keep his voice level as he responded.
Regroup with the squad. We’ll try and find a way around.”
Rebels were one thing. Even though their squad was depleted and outnumbered, barely trained rebels were easy enough to beat with the right tactics. Even GA or NIO regulars could, theoretically, be beaten with their current numbers as long as they got the drop on them. But a Jedi? Caide had no doubt in this squad’s competence, so far they were even proving above average. But Jedi were like forces of nature. Shooting at them was as useful as shooting at a storm or a tidal wave. All people like Caide could do was get out of the way.
Hunkered down in some kind of abandoned factory about a click away from the Jedi and his squad. They looked over the holomap of the section of the city they were in.
“It looks like they blocked all the side routes with debris sir. They’re trying to funnel us in.” Aldo finished marking the last of the blockades he had encountered.
Caide curses. Of course they were. It made sense, in fact it’s what Caide would do. After staring at the map for a second, he swallows and comes to a decision.
“We have to go through them.”
His men, of course, immediately protest.
“Sir they have a Jedi! We can’t get through that, not with what we have.”
One of the heavy troopers, Ajax, looks panicked. Caide could tell at a glance he’d seen a Jedi in action. Caide runs a hand over his face.
“We don’t have a choice. Those blockades are too high, and they’re probably being watched by shooter teams. Only chance we have is getting a drop on them and taking the Jedi out quick.”
“What’s the standard response for non force users engaging jedi?” That was Gawol, one of the line troopers hoping to be promoted to spec ops soon. Caide figured she was probably good enough to make it too, if only barely. Caide scoffs.
“Disengage immediately and call for imperial support.”
“What’s the fallback plan?” Every soldier here knew there wasn’t going to be any imperial support today, they were busy at the temple.
“Artillery support.”
The troopers, despite themselves, laugh at Caide’s dry tone. That was good. Humor helped fight fear.
“So then...what’s the plan sir?” Aldo looks nervous, but ready to take orders. Caide looks around at the troopers. Caide thinks as he stares at the Jedi’s position. It was defensively sound, the erratic movements meant to bait unobservant enemies into the shooter lines waiting on highground to either side of the street. There was no flanking route that wasn’t covered by lookouts, likely GA regulars with sniper training. What was the plan? Obviously the Jedi was the main threat, but if they treated him like the only one they’d be gunned down before they got close....Caide smiles despite it all.
“Everyone gather up. It's time for assignments.”

Hours Later

Caide, after nerve wracking silence for what felt like days, finally received a communication from Gawol. He’d sent her under cover of darkness to take out the snipers guarding the flanks. If she got killed or caught, they were all dead. The rebels would scour the surrounding area and smoke them out. In an open confrontation they’d be overwhelmed by sheer fire volume, let alone a jedi. So when he finally received word back, he breathed a silent relief.

“Last watchdog neutralized. You are clear to engage sir.”

Aldo’s voice fizzles over comms.

“Happy hunting everyone.”

And then the night was brought to light with blaster fire.

Caide, and Ajax lead the assault, moving as close as they could silently with the other line troopers before opening fire. They gunned down half the rebels in the opening assault. The men started gaining confidence, advancing and taking more aggressive firing positions, their spread out positions creating a halo of red blaster fire. They were winning!

It wasn’t enough.

The Jedi descended like a spectre, a green flash of light in the darkness. Caide heard one of his men scream.

“Feth he’s FAS-” the line went dead.

There were almost no enemy troopers left. They had a massive number’s advantage. It didn’t matter. They were too spread out. One by one Caide’s soldiers fell in a flash of green as the jedi seemed to almost teleport from trooper to trooper, closing ever closer on Caide’s position. Caide Radio’s Ajax.

“Hold your position and do not fire.”

“But-”

“That’s an order. You fire, we all die.”

“...Yes sir.”

Soon enough, the Jedi descends on him. Caide manages to dodge the first strike, rolling out of the way and dropping his rifle, he pulls his pistol and fires a lightning fast shot at the jedi’s skull, but the shot is deflected and suddenly Caide’s limbs are trapped in place as he’s lifted off the air and his airway closes. Choking. Caide glares at the Jedi as he speaks for the first time.

“I am truly sorry it had to come to this.” The jedi sounded genuinely remorseful. If Caide wasn’t choking to death, he’d scoff. Murder was murder, whether you were sorry or not. A shot rings out, zipping towards the jedi from one of the buildings...and is stopped in its tracks as the Jedi turns and blocks it with his saber. But the momentary lack in focus was All Caide needed. His arms momentarily free, Caide lifts his weapon and fires, blasting a hole through the Jedi’s head. He crumbles to the ground instantly, and Caide falls to his knees wheezing and coughing. It is with a shaky hand that he touches his comm link, speaking in between coughs.

“Roll...call.”

“...Aldo here.”

“...Ajax, ready.”

“Gawol, ready for duty sir.”

After that the line stays quiet. 4. 4 out of 12. He supposed that given the opposition that wasn’t bad, but a small part of him feels guilty. Perhaps he could have done something better, kept just one more man alive. But now wasn’t the time for sentiment. He scoops up the lightsaber and puts it in his pack. The least he could do is make sure the dead troopers’ families got their bonus.

“Regroup. We need to move, people will have heard those shots.”

“Sir-”

“There is time for mourning later Aldo, we have to-”

Sir.” Aldo’s voice is insistent. “You, Ajax, And Gawol need to seek cover immediately. There’s another rebel group incoming.”

Another rebel group. After they had just lost most of their squadron to another Jedi and were battered, tired, and nearly out of supplies. Caide says the only thing he can.

“...Well chit.”

krayiss4.png

Coruscant // Senate Rotunda // Senate Committee Room

fWgkZJ5.png

“I would agree with the most honourable Senator from Empress Teta,” I said, breaking the silence I had been holding until now. “A device that is capable of neutralizing such devastating weapons would be in our best interests to pursue. While I’m sure many within this chamber would seek to create a technological terror on the scale of the Death Star of old, I would seek to remind my esteemed Colleagues that we are not the Sith. We should not stoop to their cowardly level in creating planet-killers to inspire fear within their ranks. They are incapable of being cowed but such a weapon, as that fear we seek to instill will only be used against us down the road. They feed on such emotion, and it will only make them harder to defeat through conventional methods.”

Throwing a glance towards the Representative from Arkania, I continued onwards with my impassioned rhetoric. “Nor should we resort to the use of biological weapons. The Sith may be labeled as beasts, and share many traits with the Sithspawn they gestate. But, it’s impossible to selectively target someone who shares their cancerous ideals. There’s no genetic marker that makes a devout follower of the Sith stand out from an innocent bystander. That’s what makes them near-perfect infiltrators, discounting their supposed mastery over dark magics. They are capable of re-writing the very fabrics of reality to suit their needs; purging themselves of the darkness that courses through their veins, and even transforming their appearance to take on the guise of another.”

“With such godly powers over the mortal realms at their beck and call,”
I mockly stated, with a subtle shake of my head. “What hope does a targeted biological weapon have?”

The question was wholly rhetorical. Such technologies were better suited in combating the nigh-relentless advance of the Bryn’adul, or the legions of Sithspawn that the Alliance was encountering within the Stygian Caldera. At least, then, there was no chance of massive collateral damage.

“We should not be seeking to fight a wildfire,” my lips spoke, whilst my eyes drifted towards the Representative from Metellos. “With a fire of our own making. Our ancestors tried that already, and look where we’ve ended up? They’ve burned entire Star Systems in an effort to excise the cancerous Sith and their ideals. Should we pursue such foolish and wanton destruction, we would be creating new enemies with every world torched. Our enemies would grow beyond the Sith, and their ranks would swell - continuing the cycle of violence that’s gripped our Galaxy for countless generations.”

“We should strive to be smarter than those that came before. We shouldn’t be fighting fire with fire, but rather seek to douse the embers before they reignite.”

It was then that I held up a finger, seeking to pause the momentarily one-sided conversation whilst I drank in a small measure of water. While the water wasn’t required, as my synthetic body felt no thirst, such an act was a carefully crafted ruse. Replica droids such as myself weren’t allowed to hold stations of office, as the Alliance still held true to the archaic practices of automated enslavery. They foolishly believed droids to be nothing more than forge-crafted tools rather than another form of sentient life.

How wrong they were.

The ruse extended beyond the physical realm too, as the Jedi and others who practiced their sorcerous ways were becoming increasingly prevalent in Galactic Politics. Several phials of synthetically produced Midi-chloroxians were secreted away within my jacket pocket, with two amongst their number being emptied prior to the start of this newest session. While there were claims such potent lubricants were capable of giving artificial lifeforms mastery over the enigmatic realm of the Force - this iteration merely reinforced my ruse. To the ethereal sight of the Jedi and their evil-kin, Otto Shule - the beloved Senator of Coruscant, was nothing more than a heavily cybernetically-enhanced human being.

My aura, as it was once described to me, was akin to the memory of sunlight. It lacked the warmth such a radiant submersion would bring, but held no discernable trace of malice.

“Apologies,” I said after the measure of water was stolen from it’s crystalline decanter. “I am not accustomed to speaking so readily these days. Now, where were we? Ah, yes. I’ve already stated my agreement with the honourable Senator Du Couteau, but the comment about the political will falls short of the mark. There are many souls within the Core Worlds that seek to bring the Sith Empire to Justice for their Crimes against the Region. In the past, they’ve despoiled and pillaged our Worlds in the attempt to project their power on the Galactic Scale. As well as enforcing the idea that no matter the distance, the Sith and their - now crumbling - Empire are always on the horizon.”

“Yet, despite such fear-inducing potential,”
my lips continued as my gaze drifted towards the Vice-Chancellor. “We’ve seen record numbers of volunteers enlisting within the Defence Force and their Expeditions. Many have even flocked to several of our Core-based Shipwrights in an attempt to assist the War Effort in whatever manner they can. To say that the political will isn’t there is a falsehood, in my eyes. Our people, no matter the background they hail from or the world they call their own, strive to see the Sith Empire and their rotten foundations finally collapse. If that goal is expedited by the deployment of such planet-killing weaponry? I’m sure many would cite the old adage of the ends justifying the means.”

I paused, for a moment. I knew that I was starting to drag on, but there were many points that needed to be covered with a plethora of things that needed to be said. Thus, as the brief respite neared its conclusion, I sought to blitz through the remaining items on my agenda. It was a calculated risk, to be sure. But, I had been preaching long enough and needed to summarize the point I intended to make.

“We Worldly-representatives should seek to shepherd our people down the moral path, lest we become what we’ve fought so hard against. There exists a fine line between the light of justice, and the darkness of vengeance. Thus, it should fall to us to navigate the best path forward. To set an example for our people to follow, and to guide their collective will down our righteously charted course. Should we lead our people into moral darkness, we will have failed the ideals that many of us have sworn to uphold.”

“In conclusion, I propose that this august body seeks out the aid of the Republic Engineering Corporation in this endeavour to create a neutralizing agent. While I must recuse myself in any official capacity, to avoid any unfair bias,” I said with a knowing smile. “They have shown themselves to be a willing ally in the Alliance’s cause. If capital is required, then too, perhaps we should look towards the Trade Federation. Ever since the Electrum standard began to collapse, their Wealth has slowly begun to sky-rocket across several notable markets. They assisted the Alliance in the creation of the Starbird Trade Spine, so it wouldn’t be out of the question for them to be willing to offer their investment.”
“After all,” my lips spoke, as my smile widened. Killing planets and their peoples is bad for business.”

Last edited:
krayiss1.png

Objective I: Those Worthy
Gear: Armor | Double-bladed lightsaber | Tal’Kar Bracelet
Tags: The Amalgam The Amalgam

Starlin rolled his eyes. He had already figured that Laertia’s master was probably far more insane than Laertia herself. But to be honest, the Amalgam just came across as quirky and evil rather than a true villainous mastermind. No wonder she had to build up an entirely new persona just to deceive a bunch of kids into believing she was a Jedi.

"I really must ask... what's it like, being trained by my cult's founder?"

Pretty swell,” he replied nonchalantly. Mischief gleamed in his blue eyes. “It was a little weird at first, all that talk about the Ashla being a literal goddess and going on crusade to reclaim some holy lands… Oh, you mean Syd! I got confused when you mentioned a cult.” He snorted, the Light within him growing brighter. “Yeah, she’s pretty great. Been gone a long time, but she needed a vacation. Hell, I need a vacation.

From there, he was home free, playing along with the witch’s madness, interrupting her with silly remarks whenever he could. All the while, his Light grew brighter, until his aura was practically glowing, humming with warmth and good humor.

“You're so like her. More than you realize.”

Except that I’m better looking.

“We know exactly how she influenced Laertia's whole life.”

Killed her parents in hopes of stealing her as a baby, yep. Y’know, it’s kind of weird that they wound up romantically involved later. If you think about it, what if Darth Phyre had succeeded in kidnapping her when she was a baby? Would she have raised her like a parent, then took her as a lover once she came of age? Ewww, sounds creepy just saying it.

“Heaven knows at this point you'd probably destroy Laertia, given half the chance… but are you willing to write Syd off in the process?”

That at least gave him pause. “I don’t know,” he said. “We’ll deal with that bridge when we come to it.

It wasn’t long before combat was initiated. Starlin flew at her as she lunged, their blades meeting in midair with a tremendous crash before they separated. He didn’t stay grounded even then, leaping out of the way of her vicious blows with the aid of the Force.

She might have known everything that Syd had taught him, but Syd wasn’t Starlin’s only teacher when it came to bladework. Cedric Grayson’s powerful two-handed strikes and indomitable will came through first as he worked to gain the offensive, shoving her back. Then Val Drutin’s unpredictable fencing style slipped in by surprise as he followed up a feint with a powerful Force-enhanced kick aimed at her core, trying to throw her off balance… or just plain throw her, either would work.

Voyana

V

Objective 1
Enemies: GA SIA | Allyson Locke

Objective 1
Enemies: GA SIA | Allyson Locke

Wars were like Life Day for Voyana.

People were too busy killing and running to guard their chit effectively. You'd think they'd have forgotten the age ole lesson of watchin their back, but that was fine with her.

She'd give them a reason to remember.

Yanno she really had like Ziost. Had a few of her best customers there. Now they were dead and she was looking 10k credits short on her monthly installments. Felt only right she take it back from the dung heads that had done her dirty.

She ripped the wires from a control panel of some GA marked vessel and let herself right on in. The sounds of the distant chaos died out as the damp darkness of the metal hull swallowed her whole. There was an uncomfortableness to the quiet that she shaked right off. Aint no one gonna find her back here, they were too busy killin and flexin their gun boners.

She walked with confident steps through the halls, instinct guiding her straight to the good stuff. "Bingo."

She pried off the metal hatch and kneeled down to the base of the cockpit's communication systems. Intel sold like hotcakes in war.

Served the feckers right.

db5791e045c23b4df5b8c5f5c3110d51730763b1.png

//: Ziost //:
//: Voyana //:
8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png

Allyson moved quietly through the shadows; her mission was simple. Retrieve some lost information left in some of the wreckage nearby and ensure that no secrets were leaked to anyone untrustworthy. A simple task, one that she felt she was above. This was definitely and most probably a punishment from the woman in charge.

No complaints though, Allyson preferred to return to Ziost, not on the front lines. So slowly, the Corellian crept along the abandoned structures until she found the wreckage on her HUD. The cybernetic eye quickly scanned, searching for any sabotage that the Sith had decided to strap into it or, worse, scalpers.

The scan came up clean for threats; all that was ruining the Corellian's day was something crouched ripping through the cockpit's internal systems. Allyson waited to see if any other figures popped up, and nothing. Seems this one worked alone. Pulling her blaster, she snuck up, still hidden with Force Cloak until she stood behind the woman. Shimmering into view, the tip of the blaster pressed against the back of Voyana's head.

"Well then, looks like you made my job a whole lot easier. Who do you work for? You're too careless to be a Sith - but maybe I'm just giving them a bit more credit than I should." Her tone sharp and to the point, hoping to intimidate the girl into giving up. It would make the exchange a whole lot easier.

Hot shock burned through her, like the first shot of a bad whisky.

Her hands went up, the memory stick dropped into the top of her cleavage along the way. They were pockets of convenience, really, and in some cases a weapon in itself. The edge of the voice behind her killed that idea in its crib. She found her attacker's reflection in the glow of the read outs she had been going through.

Caught red handed then.

She remained cool, her shoulders relaxed as she continued to watch Allyson's reflection in the screen.

"I aint no sith."

She put her hands behind her head and turned slowly, a brow raised at the woman that had got the better of her.

How the hell.

"Now you gonna use that or are you-" Her hand snapped out from behind her, a gleam of metal flying for Allyson's eye. Voyana's freed hair fell like a curtain around her face. At the same moment, she moved to shove the gun to the side and break it from the woman's grip.

The well practiced movements were like clockwork. Sometimes, she liked to shake it up though. Sometimes, she aimed for the dick.

Darth Ahriman

D

cSBcL3N.png

Objective: Divide & Conquer.
Allies: The Sith Empire.
Enemy: Captain Raith Captain Raith | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka | Suri Vullen Suri Vullen | Skye Pearce.
Strike Team: Sigma-Five-Delta.

o0lGr4R.png

The Chimera came down upon a rooftop of one of the capital city buildings closer to the hostile sector of the City, the landing ramp lowering yet the corvette hung idly in the air overtop while Squad Sigma-Five-Delta all jumped to the landing zone followed by Valen who was concentrating on keeping his force signature from being picked up by any Force Users in the nearby vicinity.

Blasterfire echoed across the sky, as troopers of the Galactic Alliance took potshots at the Corvette, however with the strike team all having evacuated the vessel, the droid co-pilot promptly set the Chimera on its way back up towards the atmosphere as he had been instructed. Until there was a clear decisive result to the war effort over Krayiss, the Chimera would seek out safe harbour aboard one of the large Sith Destroyers, leaving the Acolyte and the troopers to continue with their assigned purpose.

"Alright, we have our orders" Valen spoke up as they gathered nearby the entrance to the building interior; "First up, we finding an Alliance Squad and take them out quietly. Remember, up close and personal, we want their gear intact" he reminded them before gesturing to the door and sparing Sigma-Five's Captain a nod in approval, from there the lead would be his.

According to Sith-Imperial Intelligence, the civilian populace was being indoctrinated in much the same way they had been back on Ziost, the Capital City -- New Adasta, where the Alliance had used similar tactics in order to try and incite their rebellion against the Empire. It seemed a sick joke really, for these Alliance troopers to be putting Civilians in harms way, on the front lines like meat shields and save them from Sith-Imperial Might. The weak would perish while the Alliance would use their fallen bodies as cover from the Legion. It all painted a very clear picture in the Acolyte's minds, the sort of people they were facing off against. This sector had once been a place of order until their arrival. The subsequent violence would be their gift to these people, and the Sith Empire would make sure the Alliance felt the repercussions.

Twelve of the Empire's elite moved throughout the large building, clearing one floor after the next until they made it to the ground level and covering all entrances, the Captain awaiting Valen's arrival before the Squad would seek to move once more. "There are several patrols out there, not all of them Alliance, some blended with the locals" Captain Ziven Nicolau reported.

"We need to prioritize Alliance personnel. Six should be enough, have the squad split into two. Teams Alto and Beta" Valen instructed, "Alto will be responsible for downing the troopers, then we proceed with the plan. Find a good position while team beta provides overwatch and captures the whole thing. Command wants a good show" the Acolyte smirked to the Captain before nodding once more, giving the silent instruction to proceed.

They would move quickly and silently, choosing their moments to get deeper within the city streets, avoiding detection wherever possible. The Captain and Valen both knew the risks, they were outnumbered and would no doubt be outgunned if they were swarmed upon. Their objective was clear, however, and as long as they achieved what they had set out to do, the rest would play out however their fates had been decided.

Jak Ross

J
krayiss4.png

Senator Of Had Abbadon
Objective:
Superweapon Planning
Tags: Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Otto Shule Otto Shule | DARKCOM DARKCOM | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Julius Haskler Julius Haskler | Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf
selectcommittee.png

“I must agree with Senator Couteau and Senator Shule.”

Rising up from his seat, the young senator looked out upon the speakers. Ever since the tragedy at Csilla, it seemed like the idea of a ‘superweapon’ was on everyone’s mind. It frightened him that people could possibly think like this.

“We can not let ourselves forget, there are planets under the Sith’s control against their own choosing. They were violently invaded, and now have the Sith occupying their home.”

Adjusting his suit, the senator stood up just a little bit taller. The preservation of life was always the first thing that came to his mind in decisions like these, and he worried that his colleagues in the senate forgot about these innocent people.

“If the senate were to approve the construction of a ‘superweapon’ like device, much like the one we witness at the planet of Csilla, then we have to take in the fact that innocent people live on these planets, not just Sith. Those people did not choose to be taken control of, so they shouldn’t suffer the consequences.”

Looking over to Senator Shule, he took into the fact that Republic Engineering Corporation. Unfortunately, Jak did not know enough about the company to make an informed decision about them. But the Galactic Alliance could benefit from a machine that takes out these planet killers, and not become one itself.

“It is within my best interest, and the interest of those innocent people, that the Galactic Alliance does not construct a ‘superweapon’ device, yet rather a ‘superweapon’-killer. No more of these machines should be constructed, and we should be able to combat them if we were to build a machine of our own.”

While the elimination of Sith would be in everyone’s best interest, he knew that a ‘superweapon’ of the Galactic Alliance could fall into the wrong hands, killing more innocent lives. He hoped that if a ‘superweapon’-killer were to become an active topic, that his fellow senators would agree with him.

Only time would tell.

krayiss1.png

Objective: Fight some Sith
Gear: Lightsabers
Tags: Arctus Silmar Arctus Silmar | Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina | Auteme Auteme | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

————————————
The awful pain in his head struck him harder then he would have liked to admit.

Just moments ago, he had been standing there with the three Jedi, getting ready to confront the Sith. Then out of nowhere, an intense pain entered his head, one that he had not felt since the second battle at Ziost. And only one thing gave him that much pain: Sith spirits.

Forcing himself to open his eyes, he looked around for where the spirit was. Unfortunately, he had dealt with many of them in the past, but this gave him some knowledge on how to combat them.

Next to him, he could sense that Ishida was feeling it as well. Good, so it wasn’t just him being affected. Reaching for his lightsaber, he flicked it on as well. The blue blade shined across the ground, lighting up the small area.

“We…must find out where…it is coming from.”

His free hand rested on his forehead, the pain not seeming to go away. The last thing the young Jedi needed right now was a distraction from the true enemy.

Reaching out through the force, he tried his best to find out where the spirits was. It was…very strong, to say the least. Whoever, or whatever, this spirit was, they were powerful. Great.

“I sense…that it is…that way. Hurry.”

Motioning for the others to follow, he proceeded to down the hall towards his left. The pain grew stronger with each step which must mean they were getting closer. Hopefully they could put a stop to this monster.

unworthyorsomethinglmao.png

Allies: N/A
Enemies: TSE | GA | Yula Perl Yula Perl | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Why won't you let me in?

“Zaavik!”

The voice was familiar. A breath caught itself in Zaavik's chest. Hair on his neck stood at attention with the chill that rippled down his spine. His head snapped suddenly to look over his shoulder, giving the Yula the fish eye behind a veil of unkempt hair. Widening, his eyes remained locked on her as the rest of his body turned beneath his head to match the direction of his regard.

He knew this was coming. Now that he had something to answer for, someone was bound to start seeking. It had happened once, was only a matter of time before it happened again. Yet, he hadn't prepared himself for the possibility that it was someone significant. Foolish. IVI IVI was cruel that way, wasn't she? He should have expected it. He should have been better prepared.

Yula of all people. Why now? Did the months before not matter when there wasn't a price on his return? The question was infuriating, whether or not the implications had any root in reality. The distinct screech of plasma heralded his lightsaber to life. Staggering, he raised the green blade defensively. The tip of the weapon starting Yula down with an accusative drone.

He wasn't going back, he couldn't. He had made a promise, and all that waited for him back home now was a prison cell. "S-Stay the hell away from me!" he shouted wildly. His hand tremored with exhaustion and agitated nerves. Misguided hatred drowned uncertainty. They come now? Where had they been all this time? Bastards. Not even Yula was going to stand in the way of this.

krayiss3.png

G R U N G E
TASK UNIT ALPHA | VANDAL SQUAD
FIRESTARTER
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
Storm Recon UCP | SRK-65 Service Rifle | DSP-61x Hybrid Pistol | Cradle | Grenades x

N5cG5gd.png

vtqug13.jpg

V A G A B O N D
KRAYISS '65

OPERATION PERSEUS

There wasn't much of anything at all between Vandal, Snake and their mark. That very fact raised the hairs on the back of his neck. It was all but a straight shot to the hangar bay. They continued down the corridor, any off shooting entrance way, he'd order three Storm Commandos on each door to breach, secure the points of domination, clear and press onward. In total, a handful remained with Djorn and Grunge. And soon enough, the main entrance to the bridge was before them.

<"Doesn't seem like they're putting anything in-between us and them. Hitting all the notes of an ambush."> He didn't like it, but this was classic Sith trickery. It was almost less of a surprise to not be a surprised. Certainly fit the bill for what he assumed would be the case going in - they'd be lured in, purposefully. The Sith loved the personal, face to face sort of deaths. They garnered no satisfaction from fleet battles at range.

<“Nearing the bridge, I’m not interested in taking hostages. Let’s have them bleed darker than crimson.”>

<"We have a positive on Admiral Siari aboard? You sure you want her dead? Could get us a handle on Sith fleet movements."> He didn't give a shred of a damn for the Zeltron, only what was on that mind of hers. He was fairly confident Djorn didn't even care about that. He wanted the scalps.

A hand signal flashed from Kolson. Plant a charge. Blow that door.

They stacked up one either wall flanking the entrance as a Storm Commando approached in silence, lining the horrid door way with a breaching charge, tracing the outline with thermal wire to ensure it blew through and purchased through the horrid material. Being second to the point man, Grunge pulled a 'Void' grenade from the webbing strewn over his chestplate, finger pressed down over the activation, ready to throw at a moment's notice.

The man in his position across from him did the same, only with a 'nine-banger', a flash grenade which detonated nine times in rapid succession. Knowing well they weren't facing conventional opponents, the aim was to hit them in tandem with the ability to dampen their ability to use the force and strangle their mortal senses.

Would it work?

One way to find out.

The charge detonated, sending a harsh blast on the entrance way, in its jagged wake, Grunge threw his grenade, a plume of choking ebon smoke billowing out from the cannister before the other clattered against the floor, popping in the bridge with its flashbangs before soon enough the Storm Commandos entered the venue of the ritual, aiming to secure the 'points of domination' of the room, meaning they'd nail down any targets on the corners farthest from them before securing the corners closest to their entrance, in order to form a wide beating zone for whatever it was waiting for them on the other side.

The Sith had their magic, their lightsabers, their dark power. But that wouldn't mean the Storm Commandos would keel over and bow down in sheepish prayer. They'd make them bleed, confuse, overwhelm, overpower, destroy. The New Imperial school of Jedi hunting focused on making the force user as uncomfortable and vulnerable as was viable. Grunge knew immediately, they did not catch them off guard- but that didn't mean they couldn't die just as easy.

WHO DARES WINS
Djorn Bline Djorn Bline

MEDUSA
Darth Mori

vvCuR87.png

In Over Her Head

DiJcb0Y.png

Objective 1 - Strike Team Kenobi
Krayiss II
The Obelisk
Allies: Sol Stazi Sol Stazi | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser
Baddies: Adrian L'lerim-Vandiir Adrian L'lerim-Vandiir

Kirie crouched behind the rocky outcrop. The battle raged on around her, with gunships swooping down and firing on the temple, occasionally sending chunks of stone raining down and leaving holes that in places revealed the temple's outer corridors.

The landing zone was out of sight now, hidden by a small rise and the rocks she was sheltering behind. But the sounds of the battle continued as normal, blaster bolts whizzing overhead every so often.

That was until a chorus of shouts sounded from the landing zone. Kirie looked up just in time to see the obelisk glowing ominously, and a tentacled form burst from the ground with a shower of sand. She crouched down lower. With her Bondar Saber there was little she'd be able to do against something like that, but she knew she had to get up there and help.

She took a step back up the rise towards where the creature had emerged before a voice cut her off.

"Jedi!"

Kirie whipped around, just in time to receive a kick to the chest.

She shot back and hit the rocks behind her with a grunt, just managing to keep her balance. A Sith acolyte stood above her, snarling. He must have snuck around in the commotion of the forcefield going down. Now she was trapped. The other Alliance forces were wrapped up with the battle and whatever was going on by the landing zone. She'd have to handle this herself if she didn't want to die here.

The acolyte raised his crimson saber above his head and brought it down to strike. Kirie yelped and jumped out of the way, rolling unceremoniously in the sand and scrabbling to her feet. Her hand went to her belt and she grabbed her Bondar saber but the acolyte was faster. He waved his arm and the saber flew from her grip into his hand. He laughed and closed his fist, and the hilt buckled and caved. The acolyte threw the crushed saber aside and stepped towards her. Desperately, Kirie snapped her palm against the air, sending out a ripple of Force energy. But she was distracted and afraid, so it was weak and the acolyte simply brushed it aside.

The Acolyte went to strike again and Kirie fumbled for her belt, scrabbling at the buttoned holster as the red blade curved towards her. Kirie whipped her pistol up and fired, catching the acolyte with a shot to the chest.

He lurched back, clutching his chest, the saber barely missing her face. As he dropped his saber Kirie’s gaze met the young Sith's and his eyes seemed to flash.

An instant later, Kirie was struck with a burning pain, and as the acolyte fell back the smouldering wound in his chest felt like her own. He laid on the ground and she collapsed sideways, gasping. When, after a few agonising seconds he passed on she felt it like a blow to the head and she lost consciousness.

A few moments later Kirie regained her senses and sat up, leaning over and dry retching. She looked over at the acolyte’s body and shivered. She had felt the pain she had inflicted on him as if it were her own. She had felt him die. Kirie had always hated violence, hated how it felt, but this, this was something else.

Kirie staggered over to the other side of the rocks and leaned against them heavily, but she had only rested for a moment when she saw movement and cursed. Somebody- surely a Sith, was climbing out of a hole in the temple wall by a statue, and they were close.

Looking over her shoulder, she reached out with the Force and curled her fingers. The fallen acolyte’s saber flew to her hand. Her Bondar Saber was wrecked and useless, so this would have to do.

Stashing the blaster back in its holster, Kirie ignited the saber, the crimson blade humming in the air.

Please, she thought,
anything, just not a fight.

Last edited:
vvCuR87.png

E1xkBCf.jpg

GUARD THE DOOR
Sol Stazi Sol Stazi Kirie Kirie

The Jedi Master was the type to watch from farther out than to right where he was, he was always searching for the history of the Jedi, or more immediately, the Sith and a way to remove their threat from the galaxy. But the feeling he was having was something much more pinpointed. He knew it wasn’t Carnifex nor Raaf, as much as he would prefer to bring his lightsaber and skills upon them. No this was different. “The Sith yes, but something much closer.”

As he heard Stazi speak again he nodded. “Never a doubt in my mind, old friend.” Coren knew the Stazi line, they were patriots the same as he was. The not-so-wild card was Kirie, the woman he didn’t know so well. She was watching the flanks and appropriately moving when push came to shove. Coren’s own blades, one white, purified from a Sith he had fallen, and the blue-gold one, like staring into a sun, ignited.

All together, he felt the rumble from underneath and the Sith approaching, without much time to react, he saw Kirie engage the acolyte. Reaching out to her and to the Force he was calling upon the Light to grant her greater resolve, to do what needed to be done, for the Light. All this occurring while he was feeling the change in the Force, the Obelisk rising, the darkness giving him contrast to his own abilities in the Force.

“I mean, it came with the Sith, I assume.”
He grinned, gaining his focus on the task at hand, entering into his Force form that would allow something like Inspire to remain in his mind as he decidedly went to war. Moving with the finesse of a true Jedi Master in combat, Coren moved towards one of the arms, intent on removing it with his blade and when it made contact, he was taken aback. Not expecting that.

What was his next trick?

krayiss4.png

SENATE COMMITTEE ROOM // CORUSCANT
Guarantor | Visions of Gold | Attire

selectcommittee.png

DARKCOM DARKCOM | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Jak Ross
Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

690441304118657044.gif
Low effort page claim
690441304118657044.gif

wsL0bBY.png

The conversation around the table was expectedly robust, reflecting the gravity of the topic at hand. Most other aspects of Tithe’s life were filled with ‘yes-men’, individuals who sought to further their careers and business interests by suppressing their differing views in the hope of currying favour. While their spinelessness typically suited his financial interests, they were well suited to guide the Alliance through this dangerous time.

Senator Fasoyor implores them to build a superweapon and use it to destroy the Sith. The personal tale of family loss he shared with the group was certainly tragic, though perhaps lost of the Aargauun - the pursuit of credits was what awoke Aerarii each morning, not the heartfelt plight of others. In spite of that, such life events could certainly drive an individual to act in a way contrary to their past behaviours - many a businessbeing had turned loss into success. Senator T'dishon watched on as Fasoyor shared his tale with the members of the committee.

“Yes, certainly bringing the Sith to heel is a priority of the administration,” Tithe agree.

Tithe found himself massaging his temples as his colleagues spoke. He could feel a migraine coming on and closed his eyes as the pressure behind his eyes slowly built. He put it down to the culmination of the last few months, the stress of the string of defeats against the Sith Empire and growing public discontent with the war. Late night meeting, meals skipped due to negotiations and backroom dealings, long weeks away from home or any sense of normality while he garnered support for the war effort. It all seemed to be catching up with him.

A bloc in favour of a superweapon-killer rather than a superweapon itself was forming around the table. Senator Du Couteau of Empress Teta floated the idea. Senator Shule of Coruscant agreed, proving to be a legislator after Tithe’s own heart. Otto suggested that the Trade Federation could play a part in financing the construction, and it was more likely that the Sith would surrender than Tithe would allow such an opportunity to pass him by without profiting. While Otto was right in that the recruiting centres were full, Tithe doubted that mothers and fathers whose children had not returned from Ziost or Tiss’sharl still had full faith in the war.

“We have no evidence that the Sith are even capable of constructing such a weapon,” Tithe replied to Senator Ross of Had Abbadon, who had thrown his support behind the idea of building a superweapon-killer. The Brotherhood were single-minded in their bloodlust and had no government apparatus to fund or populace to support. Their credits - evidently from deep-pocketed backers - could be funnelled into vanity projects such as their planet-destroyer.

The Vice Chancellor took a sip from his drink, feeling his mirage worsening. He would call a recess and summon a med droid were it not for the gravity of the topic they were discussing. The pain seemed the increase the more he spoke.

“Furthermore, there's no economical evidence of such, a, ah, undertaking,” he added. Wars and invasions were usually precluded by a surge in the price of hyperfuel, Tibanna gas, or Betaplast. Tithe hadn’t seen a single market indicator pointing to a new project of the scale required to build a superweapon. “We threaten our own economic collapse chasing little more than shadows.”

Last edited:
Objective: BYOO, negotiations about the Bryn’adûl.
Equipment: Suit / Lightsaber
Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
The Jedi nodded his head, there was much at stake on all corners of this board. Kahne understood, which was why he was here. He was not without some questions though, more personal that he needed to know. He wasn't sure if he was going to get the answer that he was looking for, or if false information would be given to him. But why would he be here if he didn't believe and hope that things should have been a certain way.

The Jedi held out his hand, as he linked his with her own and that was when the peak into the events began. The Jedi could see it, everything that had happened that day. Interesting and also puzzling to say the least. There was much to be meditated on on his own time. He didn't fully plan on openly discussing his full thoughts on the matter here other than what seemed to be important which was.....

"They really don't like you it seems, especially this Tavlar fellow." The Jedi smirked and he couldn't help but chuckle at the matter. "These events are somewhat disturbing." The Jedi cleared his throat and then took a deep breath.

"I appreciate what you have shown me, Lady Ingrid. There is much to do moving forward."

"For the moment though....."

The Jedi Master glanced over to the server as he waved his hand.

"I'll take that drink now."

hbndsex.png

C2cDC7J.jpg

Allies | [GA] Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze - Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca - Viers Connory Viers Connory
Enemies | [TSE] Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl [Engaging]

Yula was street savvy. Acute awareness of what her instincts told her had often kept her alive and out of the line of fire. That same instinct was privy to being overrun by strong emotions. The relief and excitement of seeing Zaavik alive washed out the red flags—including Dagon’s warning.

"Yula, no!!" Dagon shouted at her, wild-eyed and rushed after her. "Stay away from him!!"

His words didn’t even penetrate.

As quickly and blindly as she’d gone in, Yula hadn’t fathomed any possibility other than Zaavik being pleased to see her as well. Even if their relationship hadn’t been all smiles and hugs, they were family, a central tenant of Yula’s life.

She stopped short when Zaavik raised his blade to her. Sure, they often teased eachother with playfully vague threats of violence—maybe tossed a spare bolt or two at the other when annoyed—but this was something unknown to her. There were no joking, half-hearted insults about her tinkering skills. Just Zaavik, unshaven and wild-eyed pointing a deadly weapon at her, and Yula paused in shock on the other end of the hissing plasma.

"S-Stay the hell away from me!"

She waited a beat, hoping that Zaavik would disengage his saber, laugh obnoxiously at her expression, and give her that smug grin she swore was genetically encoded into the family. You should have seen the look on your face—you, you didn’t think I was serious, did you?

It was only after that beat passed, did she get a good look at him. Unkempt. Feral. Hurt. Hurt. Hurt. Hurt.

“Zaav, I—c’mon. It’s Yula, you remember, right? Your cousin.”

Her free hand splayed out in front of her, palm up and fingers spread in a yielding gesture. The orange blade held at her right side shifted low, in position to arc upwards in defense should he do the unthinkable. He was just startled, she told herself. Confused. By now, Dagon had caught up to them. One glance at him and his words seeped their way back into her mind.

He….knew? He knew.

Yula didn’t know what he knew, but apparently, it had been more than her. Zaavik had gone missing, presumed dead. Vanished. She wasn’t aware of the breadth of his story. Anxious eyes flickered from Dagon, to Zaavik, to the blade staring her down, then back to her cousin again.

“You…you okay, man? Put the saber away and let’s talk. You could use a shave, aha.”

Her grip on the hilt of her own blade tightened involuntarily, and she swallowed thickly. The charisma and facetious nature that carried her through most interactions was running thin, as if she unconsciously understood the grave nature of this meeting. It would be hard, she realized, to reason with someone when she didn’t have the full story.

Or even a sliver of it.

My fault my fault my fault my fault my fault my fault my fau-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom