Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Repatriation of a Jedi (NJO)

A man can change his stars
"Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune."

I sat in the room alone. Bent forward and breathing rhythmically, deeply, and with the intention to center myself. Controlling my emotions that had not been felt for... what seemed to be ages. it had been almost years since I stood in this hall, claiming to wanting to take the fight to the Sith, when we were still warring with the Brynadul. Joining potential enemies, just because of the adage, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." I stood with other Jedi who left their posts, who had forsaken orders to start an assault team of Jedi to fight the Sith. Directly telling them, to pull up their boot straps and do what was needed of them. Calling out the council for inaction. When in truth, they had plans of their own. We made it more difficult for them in the long run.

Ryv, Dagen, Rys, Luicen, myself, and many others left in the attempt to take the fight to the Sith. Not standing by idly.

"Kaleleon, you are to see the Council now."

The courier came for me in the waiting room. Hailing me to come to what could only be a trial for the lack of a better term. If there was to be a punishment, then so be it. However, the end goal, was for me to find a way to be accepted back into the New Jedi Order. To become a member with all of its benefits, and allocations. All of the members of the Council were allowed to be here, as well as other masters, and members of the order. So that if there were any grievances, they could be aired out and dealt with. However, It was Kahlil who was going to be the main overseer of the trial.

"Thank you."

Standing up, I made my way into the chamber. seeing all in attendance for what should be done with me. Considering the circumstances, as well as being a veteran of the Second Galactic Hyperspace War, it might be easy, or difficult as all hell to get back in. All I wore today was just my Jedi jumpsuit, and of course, carried the lightsaber. A sign of a Jedi. One I had made after my other one was broken and left on Csilla during its destruction. Heavy bags hung under my eyes. Fretting over what would be taking place today. Having already been exiled by the SJO and NJO before succumbing to my own self-imposed exile, they may see it as already performed some kind of repentance. Yet, I had no hopes today.

"Before you stands Kaleleon Seleare. Jedi Knight who forsake his post of the Jedi order to join forces with the New Imperial Order, now known as the Empire, to fight Sith and Brotherhood of the Maw forces. The Session for his trial will begin."

Looking up to the Council members, I merely waited for the questions to begin flying.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

War was chaotic.

Kahlil himself had only joined the second half of the Second Great Hyperspace War, after the destruction of Csilla. At the time, he was neither a member of the Alliance or the New Jedi Order, let alone a Master. That was part of the reason why he'd taken it upon himself to lead this 'trial' as it were. He was certain that there might be those within the Order who had all manner of feelings for the Jedi who had decided to leave and fight the Sith rather than the Bryn.

By not being involved in that, he did not have an opinion one way or another. He stood, glancing to the other members of the council beside him, then to Kaleleon with a simple, brief smile.

"I do not truly consider this a trial. War is chaos. There were many choices many made all throughout the wars. But I also know what it feels to have done something you feel yourself is wrong. Something you regret, and to not be punished. You made your choice to fight against the Sith, and I can neither say it was the correct or incorrect one. So I ask you instead; do you regret your choice to leave the Order to fight?"

Kaleleon Kaleleon | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Interesting. A Jedi who had left the Order to go fight in another war? To go fight against the Sith and the Maw. Could Shan judge them for that? No. No. He couldn't. He hadn't been a Jedi for long whilst Kaleleon had been a Jedi Knight, and he had yet to experience what war was like, truly.

Though it did make Shan's opinion and thoughts of the Jedi even more muddled and unclear. What did it mean to be a Jedi? To take orders? To listen to the Council? To take things into your own hands? Was it wrong to go against the Council to protect others? Normally Shan would look to his master for guidance but from the fact Kahlil had just said that he could not say whether the choice to fight the Sith was correct or incorrect made him decide it was more for him to decide what was right in his mind.

The Padawan just frowned, focusing on his thoughts. He had found that he had started doing that a lot more recently. Frowning, that is. His usual smile was making less and less appearances nearly every day. If this trial had happened when Shan had first joined the Jedi, he would have definitely judging Kaleleon's decisions and choices, but things were no longer as black and water as he used to think. The Mirialan just linked his hands together to rest his chin on, whilst he listened and watched.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna was only really here as an observer. She didn't really understand the context behind any of it, but she figured it was important for her to be there, considering her own situation. Perhaps one day she'd be in trial if she didn't change her approach. She wanted to take down the Imps before they became a problem. Strike them while they're still building their forces. Was that wrong? Maybe. They hadn't done anything yet. Yet. But Jonyna didn't consider that true either. They'd done plenty in the last 900 years. Plenty awful. Why let them build back up and become a threat when the people of the GA had spent the last years in relative peace? Why let the Empire rise once more when they could prevent it this time? Was the Code of this order not To Bring Light to the Dark?

This all troubled Jonyna. If the jedi did not stood for what they said they stood for, then what did they stand for?

She watched the proceedings go by. Perhaps this could inspire some hope in her. If this jedi, who had apparently left during the war, could be forgiven, then maybe she could be as well. For as long as she could remember, she wanted to be a jedi. Now she was one, and it weighed on her heavily...

"I concur," Jasper agreed.

This all wasn't really necessary as far as he was concerned. Had he been in the same situation, Jasper would have very certainly made the same decision. It hardly mattered that the New Imperial Order would become their enemy. The entirety of the Galactic Alliance would make the exact same choice to fight the rising threat of the Maw.

"I'd argue it's a rather moot point considering we'd briefly ally with the New Imperial Order to face the Maw," the Knight noted, stroking the scruff on his face. "Even if they did become a force for destruction later down the road, it seems that you were in exile long before that occurred. Many of our own were wrapped up far more than you were, Knight Seleare. Rakaan Horne Rakaan Horne comes to mind."

Jasper sighed, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms.

"That was a different time," he added. "With the context of hindsight, its was a rather hypocritical ruling if we turned around and made the same decision. Personally, I see no crime that warranted expulsion. Especially with the Order heading into darker times, if Knight Seleare wishes to rejoin I have no opposition."

If he had been a few years older Jasper felt he could very well be in the same shoes. Whisked off to fight the Sith only to be alienated by his peers for making good on his instincts to defend the people from evil. He was not going to be that same Jedi Order that condemned Kaleleon for no reason.

Last edited:
"I suspect the reason why you see it as a moot point," the Chief Librarian began on a somber note, "is because most of the people who opposed allying with the NIO to fight the Sith died or vanished before you ever joined the Order, Knight Kai'el. In fact, none of the people who were directly involved in these events are with us today, apart from the man standing before us now."

Valery Noble had been frozen. Kahlil was a spacer. Amani was in exile. Jasper was a child, or perhaps not even born yet. Zark was there, but not very active to her knowledge. Kass had been a librarian at the Silver Rest, witnessing and documenting things from afar.

In some ways, their lack of an emotional stake in the matter was a good thing, as it meant they could be unbiased. On the other hand, they were biased because as Knight Kai'el pointed out, the NJO had eventually allied with the NIO. The controversy had not only ceased to be relevant, the morals and values of the Jedi Order had shifted in a new direction, one that now favored the likes of Kaleleon and his peers.

Kass remembered those days well, and she would be lying if she said she felt no emotions attached to her memories of that time. She had been young and uncertain. It was a very complex situation which presented many young Jedi with a terrible decision to make.

"Allying with the Imperials to fight the Maw was an act of flagrant hypocrisy from a generation of Jedi who were very critical of the Silver Jedi's plans to ally with the Sith in order to defeat the Bryn'adul. But it is true that time heals all wounds. Or that time stops for no one. At the very least, those who would accuse you are long gone, their voices silenced. The ones who joined and supported your cause are now the ones in their place of power."

She turned her numerous eyes to Kaleleon. "You have been absent for some time, Kaleleon. What made you suddenly want to rejoin the Jedi Order?"

Last edited:

"The waning years of the last Sith Empire were a… complicated time for all Jedi. To understate it." Amani spoke up. In a way, she felt fortunate that she was long gone when such strife was in full swing. At the same time, she wished she could have been present, to try and push the Jedi back towards the right path. But such thoughts reminded her that there was little she likely could have done. Then, Amani would have been merely a padawan, with her own troubles hanging over her head, "Though I take some concern with Master Noble's and Knight Kai'el's dismissive perspectives."

"The writing was on the wall, when it came to the NIO. I find it alarming that any number of Jedi thought joining forces with an imperialist regime to be a prudent action. Be that to fight the Maw, or the Sith that came before. Desperation leads to drastic measures, and war can bring out the worst of us all. But sweeping it under the rug is careless, at best."
If the Order is to ever learn from its past mistakes, they couldn't just exonerate every deserter with a hand wave.

"That said…" Amani leaned forward, "This case has precedent. Former comrades of yours have indeed found their place back amongst the New Jedi Order. Even on the Council. And I believe that anyone can be capable of a second chance, so long as they are willing to take it. I have to believe that," She said, a faint, almost self-deprecating smile crossing her lip. Amani would be a hypocrite to act like she didn't have struggles of her own, even if she never fell to the level as some of her fellow Jedi. And as Jedi, what tenets could they truly profess, if redemption was not among them?

"So, before I make any final decision, I would like to hear specifics. Knight Seleare— What was your time with the New Imperial Order like? What missions did you conduct? ...What actions did you undertake in their name?" Though the wording wasn't quite so direct, there was an undertone that made it more clear. She wanted a confession, of sorts. If he had partaken in anything that drastically compromised the Jedi oath, he needed to expunge himself of those demons. And perhaps even serve time, depending on the severity. If he had remained more-or-less upstanding during his tenure, all the better. But due diligence would serve them all much better in the long run.

Last edited:

Jedi Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsabers
Tag: Kaleleon Kaleleon Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amani Serys Amani Serys Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

Valery's gaze narrowed at the Jedi Knight who stepped before the Council, but she remained quiet for now. Kahlil had been requested to open this trial, and other Councilors were quick to add their opinions, as well as their questions. Questions that Valery wanted the answers to as well, before she'd ask one of her own. Amani Serys Amani Serys ' in particular, was important to her and would largely determine her conclusion about this trial.

Many had returned to the Jedi after leaving the Order — some due to a fall to the Dark Side, which included several members of the current Council, while others had perhaps wandered alone or sided with the Imperials. But regardless of where he had been, she cared about what he had done, and his current perspective on those decisions of the past. Kahlil had once been born into the Sith Empire, but he had shared everything he knew after he left, and been open about what he left behind. Several here had helped him confront some of the things he had created in the past, and as a Jedi, he had more than redeemed himself. The same could be said for Amani, who had once fallen herself.

Now it was time to learn more about Jedi Knight Kaleleon Seleare

"Jedi vows are a sacred thing. We do not break them lightly."

Master San Tekka's eyes were slightly narrowed. Memories of Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill in a hut on Tatooine warning not to trust Empire haunted him still. He could not explain the desperation of those times to this new generation. Such terrible sacrifice. Victory was his penance. It had cost him everything.

"Others have been redeemed," he admitted, "Even earned a measure of trust."

Zark closed his eyes and saw Ilum burning from the bridge of a Starhawk. Imperial star destroyers vanished into hyperspace in a blur of pseudomotion. Their holy sites defaced. Too late. Quill's prophecy come to pass.

"Do you believe you deserve a second chance?"

A man can change his stars
The voices of the council. Kahlil spoke of war being a difficult time, and the actions made in such chaos can be forgiven. In earnest, I would have expected such words from the man who was tied to Sith from birth. He had seen, and done some bad things, but came all the better because of it. However, I knew with the council, that his voice may be one of the minority in accepting. However, the question was posed, do I regret my choice.

"Even with the guilt I felt from actions I took, despite the scars I will carry until I am taken back into the void, I do not regret a single action I took. I would do it all over again without a change."

Master Kai'el was of the same mind. Voicing that from the time I had went into a self-imposed exile, matched up with being before the New Imperial Order had turned upon them, and even before the Galactic Alliance had allied with them. I was given a vote of confidence, however, I still waited for the other shoe to drop. In which it did.

It was then presented before me, a species of individual I had never seen before. Speaking of how all of the members from the exiled group are now long gone, silenced, killed, or missing. So there would be no one from the group to support my claims. Making it harder to quantify it, other than in official reports from the time. Yet the question was posed, Why was I returning. What was my angle in this game for coming back to the Galactic Alliance. Rather quickly, I spoke up. No hesitation with answering that question.

"The Alliance had been a home away from home for me. They had helped me shape who I was up until I had left. If there is any group of people I owe anything to, it would be the alliance. I did not expect a parade in honor, I fully expected to be shunned and sent back away for my actions. I want answers, just as much as the council would expect of me."

Truly, I did consider this a home for me. It was like coming home to my parents and them asking what I did since they had last seen me. However, this format, was because I had spat in their face before leaving. They want answers for my actions. OR at the very least, just to understand why I did what I did.

Master Serys spoke up next. She had a clear voice of warry and caution. She was right to believe sweeping this under the rug would have been a poor decision. I agreed with it which was one of the reasons I stood here today. Looking at her directly as she specifically asked what I had done. I almost smiled, but held it back. She handed me a leading question. She wanted to know all of what I had done with the Imperials and if my actions had led them to turn against the order. I took a moment to gather my thoughts before answering with a clear and concise answer for her.

"If you desire to know if I held any positions of power within the Imperial camp, no. We Jedi were treated like Mercenaries at best. We held no real title, nor designation of power within their Imperial Knights. At least, I never did. I kept myself separate from the Imperials and at arms length. While they may have been a common enemy against the Sith, I never trusted them from the start. I did what I thought was necessary to take the fight to the Sith. I never conformed to their idiolatry of their commanders, nor did I share information of the Galactic Alliance, or even the Silver Jedi Order with them. In short form, They were tolerated for the end goal of bringing down the Sith. No friends, no acquaintances, nor allies. They for me, were a means to an end."

I took a moment to look at the master. Knowing full well she wished to prod me for information on the Empire. However, this information is long since old and worthless to most.

"I conducted myself in invasions against the Sith Empire. Mainly utilizing my gifts for shields, and support to aid troop movements. I held no commanding position. My last venture with them, was the destruction of Csilla. Upon which I lost many of my closest friends, I lost in combat, and my saber had been broken. The naïve nature of my mind, believing I could stop a planet from exploding from the "Mercy" Superweapon, my hardheaded attempt to close the enemy lines, and the guilt of a dear friend sacrificing herself to save my life, is the pain I have lived with since. Notwithstanding the numerous physical scars I carry from lacerations, broken and fracture bones, and concussions."

Looking at her eyes, even from this distance, I followed up one final time.

"I hope that is satisfactory."

A final question posed by Master Zark. Who I know of rather well actually. Being an ally, friend, and student of Romi, Cotan, and Coren, I knew he was of sound mind and knowledge of the the Jedi in many forms. Directly said breaking Jedi oaths was a very difficult thing to mend. As many say, it takes four times as long to build a bridge, than to burn it. Did I deserve a second chance with the Galactic Alliance? What were my thought on it?

"Master Tekka, Yes, I do believe I deserve a second chance. I have dealt with my personal demons, I faced my shadow to answer the question Master Noble and you have proposed to me today. I regret none of my decisions. I did what I believe to be justified. I sought to fight an enemy Jedi have been against for literal eons. I sought to protect people I didn't, and will likely never know of. I did it expecting to die, and become forgotten to time. If there is any chance to continue doing so in the name of the Jedi Order, I will."

Breathing in deeply, the escape of air cleared my head quickly.

"Should you have me."

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amani Serys Amani Serys Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Valery Noble Valery Noble Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla Amani Serys Amani Serys
alexboarder.png

This was the first time Braze held witness to anything like this.​
In the hushed gathering of their order, Braze found himself immersed in a moment of gravity and importance, surrounded by elders and mentors whose wisdom and authority carried the weight of their shared purpose. As the words of their leaders resonated through the air, he stood there, a silent observer alongside Shan. His presence exuded an air of attentiveness and respect, his somber jade-green eyes fixed on those who spoke, his youthful countenance a canvas of thoughtful contemplation.

His gaze wandered, landing upon the enigmatic figure he had crossed paths with only recently. There was an undercurrent of intrigue within Braze, a curiosity about the stranger who now stood marked by a stigma. There wasn't anything bad he could sense from him when he met the man but there was an air about him now that marked him as some kind of pariah among their order. He searched for clues within the man's demeanor, attempting to reconcile the perception he had formed during their initial encounter with the reality that was being unveiled now.

But it was his connection to his master that held the strongest pull on his attention. Jasper's words resonated deeply with Braze, his heart finding solace in his mentor's perspective. He listened with a sense of reverence, the teachings and values imparted by Jasper shaping his own beliefs. Braze's emotions remained concealed, in this solemn moment, though his inward focus was evident through the intensity of his gaze.

As the Chief Librarian shared her reasons and confessed an idea of Kaleleon Kaleleon 's transgressions, Braze's thoughts ventured beyond the immediate scene. Echoes of Darth Nwul Darth Nwul 's story emerged in his mind, contrasting the actions and motivations of these two individuals who had both strayed from their oaths. They were both individuals who broke their oaths. Braze came to the conclusion that breaking one's oaths was a very serious ordeal. It was a broken semblance of trust in a way, he thought as he considered all that was said.

A realization crystallized within him—the significance of oaths, the foundation of trust that they represented. This event, this gathering, highlighted the intricacies of their brotherhood, the need to uphold their shared values. Braze's thoughts reached out, seeking to glean the sentiments of those around him, attempting to decipher the unspoken thoughts hidden beneath the veneer of respect and attentiveness. He observed the varied expressions and felt the undercurrents of emotions, gauging the prevailing sentiments and seeking a deeper understanding of the collective response.

Yet, it was Jasper who held the center of his attention. Braze studied his master's reactions, seeking cues within his mentor's demeanor. He noted every nuance—the flicker of emotions in his eyes, the subtle shifts in expression. His gaze lingered on Jasper, an unspoken bond of trust and respect passing between them. Amidst the gravity of the situation, the young Padawan's unwavering support and loyalty for his master shone brightly.

"Allying with the Imperials to fight the Maw was an act of flagrant hypocrisy from a generation of Jedi who were very critical of the Silver Jedi's plans to ally with the Sith in order to defeat the Bryn'adul. But it is true that time heals all wounds. Or that time stops for no one. At the very least, those who would accuse you are long gone, their voices silenced. The ones who joined and supported your cause are now the ones in their place of power."

Jasper furrowed his brow at this. 'The ones who joined and supported your cause are now the ones in their place of power?' Was she implying....

"I know what happened," he noted with a frown. "I understand just as well as anyone else why allying with the Imperials was a mistake. I was on Ilum."

He remembered it well. A normal expedition had become a warzone, his friends torn to pieces around him while he could do nothing. If Kassogtha was looking for an Imperial sympathizer in Jasper she certainly wouldn't find it. Kale's words all bit reaffirmed his stance. The knight would remain calm, but he was frustrated by this. Using his youth to talk down his stance was one of the few things that genuinely got under the man's skin.

"What I mean to say is that we've come to a conclusion on this before," the knight added. "If what this man says is the genuine truth, that his time with the NIO was a means to an ends to fight the Sith, than why should we hold him to a higher standard than others who have returned, some of whom that would even turn their blades on us."

Jasper leaned forward with a bit of a grimace, but his expression remained neutral. What was going on here? When had the members of the council forgotten the leniency the Order showed this man's fellow deserters?

"I see no purpose to let an old wound fester," Jasper decided. "If Knight Seleare feels he owes a debt to the Alliance then I believe we have no reason to prevent him from repaying it."

Last edited:
"Precedent is not enough," Kass said. "Precedents can be overturned. These types of cases should be handled on an individual basis." The individual in this case was the one whose acceptance or rejection hung in the balance, after all.

"If you will continue to serve, Knight Kaleleon, we would be happy to have you. However, perhaps some doors should be closed to you as a consequence of breaking your oath. During your previous time with the Jedi, you achieved the level of Knight. You may ascend to the rank of Master, but you should never serve on the Council or in any other position of greater power within the hierarchy of the Jedi Order."

VVVDHjr.png

THE HUNTER-KNIGHT
COUNCIL GALLERY JEDI TEMPLE CORUSCANT
On Trial:
Kaleleon Kaleleon
✲✲✲
Onlookers:
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Braze Braze
✲✲✲
Council:
I ain't tagging you lot, lol

div-orange.png
When he was ascending up to the balcony that overlooked the council chamber, a cup of caf in hand, Vizion Trozky’s mind was in two places: here on Coruscant, curious as to what this was about that non-council Jedi were allowed a peek… and all the way on Naboo. With her: at once a source of concern for the situation she was in, and of somewhat separate frustrations.

The message he’d received was an impassable wall that reminded him all too keenly of the last time Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren had been saddled with loss, and he was, for the moment, puzzled by it - not because he had been expecting any different response, but rather what his next steps were, if any, but there was little use in taking up indeterminate hours dwelling on it with his mind wallowing in the mire of sleeplessness.

Best to focus on other things. Maybe it’d come to him in the meantime.

When he stepped off of the lift, Viz looked around at the small number of onlookers up here with him, a varied collection of Jedi, "She's right," he murmured to himself, when the Chief Librarian spoke, "and following precedent breeds complacency," and made up his mind about where to sit - with the Cathar - and wandered over while taking a sip of the ‘nectar of life’ in his disposable cup.

“Don’t see this every day,” came the very quiet quasi-greeting as he slipped into a seat next to Jonyna, “what’d I miss?”

The Brentaalan suppressed a prodigious yawn as he set his attention on the guy being questioned, having heard some of the questions himself on the way in - he didn’t look too many years older than Viz himself, but he'd never seen this guy anywhere in his... approximately fifteen years as a Jedi. Curious.

Katherine didn’t know what to make of Kaleleon Seleare.

He was someone she hadn’t seen before, obvious so given he had been away from the Order. And nor had she been a Jedi long enough to have crossed paths with him prior. Katherine had lost everything to the war, because of the conflict between the Sith and Imperials.

The fact Kaleleon had left to join the New Imperial Order? It certainly soured her first impression of the man.

Of what the Padawan could recall of her memories, she had at one point been a Sith-Imperial citizen. Not of voluntary choice, but merely because her homeworld had been one of many the Sith had conquered in their goal to expand their reach. It wasn’t until the Imperials betrayed them, started the Civil War, that everything came tumbling down.

If it weren’t for them, the Sith Valkyries wouldn’t have increased their ‘recruitment’ efforts, and my family would still be alive.

But did that mean she should condemn someone like Kaleleon? Someone who had taken action, when he had felt others were being too idle towards a threat.

Katherine didn’t know, and it frustrated her. The winged Padawan stood beside Shan, watching the trial unfold. Occasionally, she looked over to Kahlil, her Master. He had made a point for them both to attend, and she was starting to understand why.

Last edited:
Standing in the shadows among the spectators, Cora studied Knight Seleare with discerning eyes.

Ukatis had been largely untouched by the Second Galactic Hyperspace War, and Cora too young to participate, so she held no personal ill will towards Kaleleon. Others in the room had lost friends, family, and comrades – idly, she wondered how her stance would've changed if she'd witnessed Ilum burn with her own eyes.

Allying with an enemy to defeat a greater evil was a decision as old as the galaxy itself, the outcome of which depended on whoever the victor was. Cora did not know Kaleleon Kaleleon , so she could not attest to his character or merits as a Jedi, but he believed his actions correct and justified. Her attention shifted between the council members and the Knight as questions were asked and answered.

Perhaps he would earn his place among the Jedi through penance. A probationary period, a trial of sorts, for the fallen Knight to prove his worthiness and earn back the trust that had been broken. Or - as Kass had proposed - limits to participation.

Her gaze focused on the crowd that had gathered to watch the trial; Cora had found herself behind a familiar head of snowy hair. A hand found its way onto Braze Braze 's shoulder, giving it a squeeze in greeting as she stepped beside him. She followed the boy's gaze onto Jasper as the Knight spoke.

"What do you think?" She asked, her voice a hushed whisper that would not interfere with the proceedings.

Jedi Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsabers
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla Amani Serys Amani Serys Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

After listening to Kaleleon Kaleleon 's response to the questions that were asked of him, Valery turned to her fellow Council Members and gave the initial response some thought. It was only when Master Cthylla reasoned that he should not be allowed positions of authority, that Valery finally spoke up.

"No," she began calmly. "If Knight Seleare returns to the Order, we will allow him to grow both as a person and a Jedi. We'll hold him to the same standards as others, and should he prove himself to be capable and ready for a position of authority in whatever part of our hierarchy, he will not be denied over things that happened in the past." She looked around at the other members who hadn't yet responded and dipped her head.

"Two members of our current Council have gone through darker times in their lives, yet here they sit, as respected members of the Jedi Council who have more than proven themselves to be capable of guiding others, and leading this order. Perhaps Knight Seleare will one day be ready for the same responsibility, but that is not something we should draw any conclusions about right now. We'll handle that case — his individual case — when that time comes."

"This trial is meant to determine if he will be a Jedi in our order or not, and I'm not opposed to his return."

Kale gave an in-depth explanation of his work within the New Imperial Order, as asked, culminating with the destruction of Csilla, and its ramifications on his mind, body, and soul. In spite of it all, he was steadfast that he had done the right thing, would do so again, and believed himself worthy of a second chance. Not exactly your typical example of Jedi humility, but that wasn't an inherently bad thing. He had conviction, no doubt about that. Amani's eyebrow ticked up in thought, while the others deliberated aloud.

"Rushing to generalization doesn't help us," The healer reaffirmed her stance once more, in the face of Jasper's eagerness to waive Kaleleon of his actions. Kass was right, in that a case-by-case assessment was necessary for matters as delicate as something which logistically amounted to defection. The fact that a hearing like this was happening at all was a testament to the difference between the Jedi and their military counterparts, for better and worse. But ultimately Amani disagreed with the Pylantian's proposal, "I would vote against that. There's nothing unique to Knight Seleare's case that warrants more scrutiny than his fellow returnees. It would be unfair to behold him to those restrictions." She looked back towards the knight in question, "And I do not sense deception from him."

"I agree with Master Noble. Discussions of authority are a different matter altogether,"
Should a time come where his commitment, merit, and interest align with an open leadership position, his vita could be examined as a whole then and only then. For now, it was no more relevant than it was for any other member of the Order. Amani nodded, "I would accept Knight Seleare's return to the Jedi."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded slowly as he listened to the thoughts of his fellow council. But instead of offering his own opinion, he turned his gaze to the others that were here. The Padawans, the Knights. They might be the council, but that did not mean their opinions were the only ones that mattered. And smiled as he focused on Cora as she asked just the question he was planning to ask them all.

"Do keep in mind that the council is not infallible. If you have an opinion, no matter what rank you might be, feel free to speak it." He directed it towards Cora and Braze so they might speak up, but his attention soon enough turned to his own Padawans. Specifically, Katherine.

"And if you're confused, ask questions."

Then, of course, he looked back to Kaleleon. "The most we can do as Jedi is act with what information we have in the way we believe will help the most people. Sometimes we will choose wrong, we will mess up. But I don't think the choice you made is anywhere close to black and white on whether it was the correct or incorrect. If you hold no regrets for your choice, then I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed back. So, I'm in agreement with the Sword and the Chief Healer."

Amani Serys Amani Serys | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Braze Braze | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Katherine Holt Katherine Holt | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka | Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla | Kaleleon Kaleleon

Shan glanced over towards his fellow Padawan, raising an eyebrow at Katherine ever so slightly. She seemed perhaps a bit more tense than he was used to, so the Mirialan lowered his voice into a quiet and gentle whisper.

"Is everything okay Katherine? Are you concerned about the Trial? I'd admit...I'm not too sure how to feel about this myself. It makes me...question some things that I've been thinking, and I've been advised to stop thinking."

At that, he gave Katherine a small nudge with his elbow, trying to joke around with her to raise the mood of his fellow Padawan. As much as this was a serious topic at hand, it was always good in his mind to try and relax. Though his attention was swiftly brought over to the council as he heard more of the discussion about Kale. The comment from the Chief Librarian caught Shan off guard, the idea of being cut off from joining the council for something like this seemed harsh to him. It seemed like some of the other council members didn't agree with that idea. Though upon further thought, Shan could partially understand it. There could be Padawans who might have seen Kale as a role model, especially if he did join the Council and having more padawans potentially going against the Council's wishes wasn't something that they'd obviously want to be repeated...Hm...

There was some parts in Kaleleon that the Padawan could see in himself. Apparently a focus on shields which Shan had been working towards, and it seemed like he had wanted to protect as many people as he could through his actions. Though Shan wasn't sure if he would have ever made the decision Kaleleon did. It wasn't necessarily because he thought it was a wrong decision. Just that it required a stronger sense of will than what Shan had. At the current moment of time, Shan couldn't even imagine going against the Council's wishes. In his mind at least, they knew best. They were on the Council for a reason.

Though then Kahlil snapped Shan out of his contemplation, as his master told the other Jedi watching to speak if they had opinions, or to ask questions. He had his own opinions that he wanted to say, but was trying to figure out the way he wanted to say it. Contemplating dozens of thoughts in his head. Shan was naive, he knew that. That he'd probably be too forgiving towards Kaleleon in the first place. Either way, the Mirialan cleared his throat, before raising his hand so he could speak.

"Knight Seleare clearly seems to not regret his actions, from what he has said. Even though his actions caused him to go through both physical and mental trauma, given the choice, it appears he would not want to prevent them. I believe that is a positive thing, it shows his belief in what a Jedi should be. If we make a mistake, we shouldn't think of how we regret it, or dwell over our decisions. We should see our mistakes as a learning opportunity, which I believe Knight Seleare has done...Though whilst he has also said he's dealt with his shadows and the demons that resulted from his actions, I believe that should he be accepted back into the order, he should still have some manner of support. Mental scars are harder to heal compared to physical ones."

He let out a small sigh after he finished speaking, lowering his hand down as the Mirialan's nerves started to build again. He didn't believe he actually had a right to say any of what he had just done. He had spoken up since he believed it was better to state what he thought instead of keeping it in, but now that he actually took in the amount of people watching the trial, he was starting to believe it would have been better for him to stay silent, as opposed to making a fool of himself.

Amani Serys Amani Serys Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Valery Noble Valery Noble Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Kaleleon Kaleleon Braze Braze Katherine Holt Katherine Holt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom