Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Relaxation on Corellia

VVVDHjr.png
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

"You won't have to keep wondering," ... "I'm going to be staying a little longer, if you'd like the company."

A clear cue that emboldened him further, if there ever was one, that promise of time passed some internal checks and balances that guided his actions. Right on through that door, into the next moment, and the next. With her assent, Rik turned his head to the barkeep… but Azuri was already at it, retrieving two schooner glasses, and putting each to the tap.

This time of day, the bar wasn't too busy, so Azuri could be personally attentive to every customer. Nights there might be other staff in addition. Rik gave a little chuckle. “Good man,” he uttered, and no sooner had he said as such, did Azuri come back to him with both schooners of the 'Beached Arkanian' honey ale, so named in part for Beachcomber Brewery itself.

“Here y'are,” the barkeep advised, “Thanks, man,” Rik said, receiving both glasses; then Azuri flicked a glance between the two of them, “We startin’ a tally?”

By that, the veteran meant ‘opening a tab’, and Rik rolled right into somewhat confirming that might be the case. “Next round’s on me,” he advised a bit slowly, following up with a flash of a grin, “but we’ll see how the night goes, hey?” Keeping what she said about filtering in mind. Rik turned to pass a glass to Valery, which she lifted for a toast as she definitively confirmed she wasn’t going anywhere; a comment that earned her a look, writ across his face, that was undoubtedly a small dose of very Corellian smugness, as Rik lifted his glass to clink against hers, then took that first refreshing sip.

“Good to know,” he resumed firmly upon swallowing, nailing that fact to the wall of his considerations. He then gestured to a line of stools under a table surface that ran along a window overlooking the coast, with the sun still a small ways away from the horizon. “I wouldn’t be in a rush to return to that durasteel jungle, either.” Corellia still had much of its natural beauty, unlike that cool, impersonal landscape, and it was indelibly etched into his heart and pride. Nothing could ever take that sense of home and identity out of him.

“But speaking of those eyes,” he looped back around, once again showing how focused and attentive truly was as a matter of principle, while they each pulled out a stool to take a seat, “I take it you’re not from there any more than I am.”

Last edited:

Corellia
div-orange.png
Outfit: X
Tag: Rik Perris Rik Perris

It seemed he wasn't opposed to her proposal in the slightest.

That made Valery smile just a little brighter, as they entered the bar and ordered their first rounds of drinks. She had, of course, gotten the impression that he wanted her to stick around already — both through looks and hints — but having the confirmation felt lovely. Not a moment later, the bartender returned with their drinks, and Valery seemed a little confused about the tally comment, revealing she wasn't exactly a familiar with places like this and sharing the tab with someone.

Luckily, Rik was quick to answer for her, and drew Valery's gaze back up into quite the smug, Corellian grin. "I should be able to handle a few rounds, at least," she said with a chuckle, while her eyes were latched onto the charm of his smile. She flashed a rather confident grin in return, but in reality, she had no idea how strong this drink was, and felt too embarrassed to ask him at this point. So... into the unknown, she supposed.

Stools came out from underneath the bar, but before sitting down, Valery took a sip from the drink and smiled at the taste. She clearly liked it, but that question lingered on her mind as well. Already, she felt herself loosening up, getting tipsy perhaps, and her mind was racing with thoughts and checks of her own.

"But speaking of those eyes,"

"What about them?" she asked with a tone of voice that contained a more playful touch. Almost like a challenge to get him to reveal his thoughts, only for them to be about where she was actually from. Valery cleared her throat and hid her cheeks behind her glass for a moment, while she took another sip.

"Absolutely not, and I'd rather not be there at all," Valery managed after a moment. "I'm Keshian, born on Keshi but raised mostly at the Temple on New Cov at the time. There aren't many of my people out there, but that just makes my eyes a little more special hm?" She chuckled and briefly broke eye contact while she sipped from her drink, before they snapped back to him. "I can tell you're from here, though, and it's not because you know the local drinks," she added, referring to that Corellian grin and charm he had.

VVVDHjr.png

Rik slipped onto the stool he’d pulled out for himself, set his glass on a coaster, and left the arm that had been carrying it posed on the table surface, then turned his head and dropped his other shoulder back just enough to give Valery his full consideration while she answered him.

Her being of the same mind as him about the city-planet put a more tempered bend to his mouth than the more vibrant expressions he’d given her so far: the Keshian woman had his interest, attention and focus. “You could say that,” he replied with a couple notes of a chuckle of his own, but while she looked away for her sip, he lifted his glass to take a long pull from it and his eyes never left her.

"I can tell you're from here, though, and it's not because you know the local drinks..."

“Bold assumption,” he stated despite her hitting the nail on the head - he knew that Corellia didn’t, in fact, corner the ‘market’ - as he abandoned his schooner to the coaster once again, this time turning his head and gaze away from her and out to the coast, where the earliest signs of dusk were starting to appear. “I could wonder how you came to that conclusion--”

He turned back to Valery and softly dropped his other elbow on the surface in front of the window, a motion that brought him a touch closer and fixed his warm brown eyes on hers, again.

“--but a woman so bold that she reads Lady Velvet in public,” his tone and volume dropping as well, just might, hmm,” one corner of his mouth was starting to curl, “know a thing or two.”

Corellia
div-orange.png
Outfit: X
Tag: Rik Perris Rik Perris

Valery could tell that his eyes were still on her, even after she had averted her own gaze to sip from her drink and allow her mind a moment of relief from lingering thoughts. Rik's gaze had a way of drawing her back in, however, and his body language similarly made it hard for her not to notice the undivided attention he offered. Turning back at him, Valery smirked at the comment, oblivious to the little trap she had set for herself.

"You know how the saying goes - Fortune favors the bold," Valery said with a returning smirk, and eyes that searched for connection in his own. For a moment, she even believed to have navigated that conversation well, as he turned his eyes away to look at the setting sun.

But as he spoke again, and shifted back around, now inches closer and with his eyes fixed on hers, she felt a rush of heat traveling up her chest, and into her cheeks. It was bold for him to return the conversation to what she had been reading, and it was rewarded with a touch of red turning her tanned cheeks a rosy color.

This time, though, Valery didn't stammer or lose her composure, and after looking him straight in the eyes for a moment longer, she even dared an almost challenging grin, "I do know a thing or two," she said, before she picked up her glass and finished what remained of her drink with one final sip.

"My choice of reading material offers great insight, but I'd say there better ways to know and...learn." She gently nudged the empty glass forward and looked at the bartender for just a moment. Then, those intense, orange eyes returned to him, again with a smirk tugging at her lips.

Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
Wearing: xx

Ryana smiled as ko seemed to be getting along well enough with force sight she was genuinely happy for him that he didn't let his loss define him. As she then felt a sense of pure joy wash over herself as she looked at pip and saw him swimming happily in what would be shallow water for her or ko but deep for the small racyon. He loved water which was why she brought the him along that and hopefully he'd tire himself out.

Looking back at ko "I'm sure you will figure it out but in the mean time I will read anything you need read to you I'd offer pips help but getting him to do anything like that well you'd have better luck getting tux onto a rancor" she said jokingly. "I'm sure pip says hi by the way" she said listening to his idea. She liked it and wanted to see it "alright ko let's see what your idea looks like" she said following him.

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png

Tags: Danthem Scipios Danthem Scipios

Katarine noticed an immediate change in his body language and his demeanor. He went a little rigid and then tried to feign ease but she could sense the nerves. The fact that she was a Jedi had rattled him, just for a second. Actually it had done more than rattle him, it had somehow made him open up and be honest with her about who he was and what he was doing there. That was interesting.

He spoke of mind reading and she shook her head and laughed. “It doesn’t quite work like that. The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing. We might get flashes or glimpses but don’t worry, all your secrets are safe.”

She wondered why he hadn’t told her he was on leave beforehand. Maybe she was going to be one of the ‘beautiful ladies’ he was chasing and he didn’t want to ruin his chances by admitting he was shipping off soon? She smirked at the thought. Either way the knowledge they were both serving the Alliance was nice. It seemed the beach was full of Alliance people today. Many of them were probably doing exactly what Danthem was. She couldn’t blame them. War was hell.

“So you’re a squadron fighter? That sounds far from boring.”

She smirked at him, but there was no anger in her eyes. Players gonna play. That’s how the galaxy worked.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Objective: Chillax
Tags: Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah

Even with her regaling of how exactly the mind was supposed to work the pilot didn't let up all that quickly from his more rigid stance. Whether or not it was that he didn't trust or believe her or simply just the fact that as with most in the galaxy, he just had very little clue as to what exactly it was the Jedi order really did. He had never had any connection he could recollect as to anything binding him to anything else through some sort of religious power. The closest he had to being one with others was the absolute trust one had to place in their wingman while barreling around at high speed strapped into the cockpit of an engine that was creating a million tiny explosions to throw you fast enough to stay in the sky.

"Right, well it's still all a little beyond me. To be honest they never really covered it all that much in my school." He cocked a slight grin again. "If you need to know about treatments for grain transport though, then well I am your guy."

Dan leaned across and picked up the beverage again and took another small drink.

"Flying fighters is waking up before the sun, six hours of doing paperwork and running over briefings from a usually run-down office with caf that tastes like mud. Then if you in luck and all the ships decide they want to fly that day you strap into a, as I said, tiny little office for about two to three hours of constant terror where one wrong move or simply a screw coming loose splatters you along whatever surface it is you are flying over that day. Then you get to come home and spend over an hour in de-brief while somebody evaluates every tiny mistake you made before then doing another hour of paperwork." He took a breath. "But we get to wear some cool jackets, so I guess the job has its perks."

He leaned back again and looked over at her as his shoulders relaxed.

"That is probably all pretty par for the course for you as a most esteemed Jedi." He rolled his foot through the sand and chuckled slightly to himself as his cheeks reddened. "You know I always imagined them as like a bunch of old monks sitting around in circles and humming. Not like... you."

VVVDHjr.png

Seeing her cheeks warm again, taking on that rosy hue, how this time she held onto her composure and went so far as to grin in near-defiance caused Rik to breathe in, sharp and shallow as she spoke; it might have given the impression that there was a reply on the tip of his tongue… but he was simply taken by the sight of her and the tone of her voice in that single moment.

His mouth settled into a barely upturned line as his gaze darkened, barely smoldering from the impact her particular reply had on him, and he seized the schooner that waited just beyond his left hand, turned, put the glass to his lips, and drained it of what remained within. Her ongoing words slipped their way in between the calculations of his thoughts as he swallowed and considered the remainder of her response, setting the glass back down with a touch more force than previous, while her own vacant glass scraped faintly against the surface almost in tandem.

He would have an answer for that, soon enough, but in the meantime, the evening was only just starting to take hold. High above, stars were slowly beginning to make themselves known as the sun dipped towards the horizon, pulling the dark canvas of countless pinpoints over this night’s moonless sky.

“Azuri,” he injected into the waning silence, the name rising above the din of background conversation as other patrons and staff began to filter in; Rik twisted on his barstool, fixing the older man with a look, then as if to reinforce the fact of his heritage: “Whyren’s, neat, please and--" he skirted a faintly lingering glance at the beautifully curved woman beside him, then flicked his gaze back to the barkeep, “--whatever my friend here wants.” He could easily stay here all night, in her company.

Or until the barkeep kicked everyone out.

LAST POST

Last edited:

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Socialize

As Katarine listened to his detailed description of being a fighter pilot she was honestly very surprised. That did sound mostly boring. Who would of thought that one of the most dangerous jobs she could think of was actually nothing but paperwork and briefings? She supposed that was all done for safety but it made her glad she wasn't a fighter pilot.

"Yea... that.... does sound kind of boring." She laughed at how surprising that was and took a sip of her drink. "But I suppose those few moments when you are up in the air are worth it?"

"You know I always imagined them as like a bunch of old monks sitting around in circles and humming. Not like... you."

The phrase triggered something within Katarine and for a second she saw a flash of memory. A young thief, saying she didn't look like an old man in a robe so therefore could not be a Jedi. Just as quickly as it came the flash was gone and Katarine was left frustrated once more. Ever since she had been unfrozen on Naboo three years ago she had been experiencing amnesia. Her past was a blur and although she kept getting flashes of it there was nothing solid to latch onto.

Realizing she was frowning and deep in thought she blinked and shook her head. "You would be surprised. The Jedi are as varied as any other population in this galaxy. Actually that bodacious babe ( Valery Noble Valery Noble ) you almost nailed with that ball is a Jedi."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Danthem let himself play with the bottle in his hands. Rolling the bottom of the glass surface through the sand slightly to watch the imprint for a moment as he listened to her.

"You make the best of it I guess. Besides you're not wrong about those few moments. Pulling max g-force into a dogfight and feeling your whole body go tighter as you pile on the engines. It's like nothing else when you win that fight. It's a game in your head as much as it is who has the better machine. You just sort of become one with the ship I guess and those few moments make everything else so damn worth it. People think because they might have scooted around in some shuttle that they get all there is to flying but I don't think anyone truly gets that rush until they try it for the first time. Then you just hooked."

He realised he was babbling slightly and still couldn't quite find the right words to describe his feelings on the matter. There was a passion there which seemed to radiate into the rest of his mannerisms as he spoke.

Seeing her frowning and slightly zoned out the pilot smirked softly at her and waited for her to come back around only to then stare across at the woman he had indeed nearly torpedoed with the ball and then sunk away again slightly as to try not to draw any attention toward himself. He shot Katarine a bashful eyebrow raise and wondered if maybe it would be feasible to dig a hole in the sand wide enough that it might actually swallow him up.

"Ahhhh. Right. Uh yep. Of course, she also just happens to be a Jedi as well."

He let out a breath seasoned with the internal cringing sensation that wrapped the young lieutenant as he envisioned having to sit in his commander's office.

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Socialize

Katarine couldn't help laughing at how uncomfortable the pilot next to her got when he looked over at Valery. It was like a teenager scoping out some pretty girl in the back of the science class. I mean she couldn't blame him. Even she blushed when she looked at Valery the first time. The woman was a knockout and then some.

The passion he had for his job was evident when he talked about it, but Katarine would have to take his word for it. She was truly an awful pilot and hated flying. The last time she had been behind the wheel of anything was nine hundred years ago and even that seemed too recent. She tended to crash a lot when she drove land vehicles so she couldn't imagine what type of damage she could do with a space ship.

"You wanna grab some lunch? Or should I let you get back to your skirt chasing and beer drinking?"

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

With a slight whirling of the bottle, Danthem slugged back what remained in his drink and then looked across at the Jedi next to him with a cocked head. He seemed to study her for a few moments. Dark eyes worked over her features and his smile seemed to set a little more genuinely as the man pondered her question.

"Well, I think I can make time in my pretty busy schedule to take a lady out to lunch. Let me just check I have no meetings to get to."

He looked down into the empty bottle and then to the golden sands.

"Nope. Looks pretty clear to me! I suppose we are on for lunch then I'm afraid."

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Get Lunch

“Glad your calendar is wide open. “

She got up and dusted sand off the back of her legs. They collected empty bottles to leave in the recycle unit they passed along the way and the pair was off. They walked down the beach for a few moments and finally up onto a board walk that was lined with shops, restaurants and even a Ferris wheel. This was clearly a tourist destination. Kat wondered what it looked like all lit up for the tourist season, but was also glad not to have to deal with the crowds.

After a short trip down the way they found a nice informal looking stand selling all sorts of food. This seemed like a nice casual spot for lunch and the outdoor seating had a view of the waves.

“What can I get you?” The cook asked. He seemed to be the one taking the orders at the small place but that made it more charming in Kats opinion. Just a simple small place.

“I will have the seafood special and whatever my friend here wants.”

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Leaving his towel set out where it was, Danthem only had to dig the comlink out of the sand where he had left it before finding his way along the golden beach with his new compatriot. He was always slightly taken aback whenever he came across a place like the boardwalk. The idea that on some systems they even had entire areas laid out for leisure activities such as these was something pretty alien to him growing up. The best he had to remember was the farmer's fair that came around most years with performers and maybe a rodeo on some of the flatter parts of the country.

By the time they had made their way out towards the grill, he had worked up quite the appetite. After all a days worth of leave was always going to lead to drinking eventually and drinking on an empty stomach was a recipe for disaster.

"I'll take whatever she's having." He said to the cook before planting the credits for both of their meals on the counter. "Keep the change."

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Eat Food & Socialize

"You didn't have to buy me lunch. Thank you." She smiled at him as the cook bustled off to prepare their meals. Kat turned towards the boardwalk and watched some gulls flying overhead. Nothing felt familiar so she wondered if growing up she had not been on a planet that had a lot of water. She closed her eyes for a second and scrunched up her eyes, trying to remember. She could see a young boy jumping into a lake, but it was fuzzy. Had she been swimming as a kid?

She opened her eyes and sighed in a frustrated way. This amnesia thing was getting old but the doctors had said she might never recover her memories so she had to learn to accept it.

"Did you ever go swimming as a kid?"

She asked right as the cook brought out their meals and they took a seat at one of the plastic tables that had an umbrella over it.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Hey, it's the least I can do. Besides I'm sure that you can pay me back at some point in the future."

He walked with her and watched as she turned her head towards the birds flying overhead. A certain level of grace came with all birds in their glide. The birds on his home planet were more diverse than the gulls here. He could remember the smaller ones picking out the grubs within the farm yards and then the majestic birds of prey that could just seemingly float around in cycles high on the hills. At the time he didn't quite understand how they could do it and it would only be later that he learned the use of thermals shifting the density of air for them to rise and fall along the hilltops.

"Hmm? Well, we didn't exactly have a big coastline or sea like they do here but I suppose we swam plenty in the summers. Down by the creeks or out in the reservoir in the summer. Only when it was hot though. Wouldn't go near the water in the winter if you knew what was good for you. Maybe a little fishing by the river but it got cold pretty fast."

Dan gave the chef a thankful nod with his head and pulled the chair out for Katarine to sit before moving over and planting himself across from her. The food had a wonderful smell to it. Much unlike the usual mass-produced and batch-cooked nutrition provided by the Alliance Navy this actually seemed to have real grill marks and the colour of it made his mouth water.

"How about you? Get up to much swimming at Jedi school or whatever they call it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom