Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Relaxation on Corellia

xeno_coat_2.png

Corellia
Tags: Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch , Vitiion Daivik Vitiion Daivik

sithspit_divider.png

Luxar | Klocto | Sword

"I work more as a traditional medic rather than a true Healer. If memory serves, I believe it is Lady Serys that teaches your Jedi Order, along with a few other disciples of the skill?"

Oh chit.

Xeno nearly spat out the juice that he was drinking again, clenching his teeth and breathing in heavily to keep it back. Vee didn't have a high opinion of the Jedi. It wasn't her fault, of course, she just came from a culture who had imparted upon her a negative viewpoint of them that she had yet to change by actually meeting a Jedi. Regardless, he could forsee a very uncomfortable conversation insuing, one that he was definately too awkward to break up.

"Well gosh," Xeno began with a very noticable voice crack. "Look at the time. There was a thing I was needing to do at a place that is 100 meters directly below me. You two have fun."

And then without any warning Xeno sank into the ground and vanished.

VVVDHjr.png

"I work more as a traditional medic rather than a true Healer. If memory serves, I believe it is Lady Serys that teaches your Jedi Order, along with a few other disciples of the skill?"
Almost straight away, Vitiion's eye started to twitch. Being compared to the Jedi was one of the things that was a quick way to set her off. After all, in her eyes, she saw the stereotypes of the Jedi being a cult of religious weirdos as being the truth. And considering she had gotten exiled from her planet for questioning a cult of religious weirdos...She just cleared her throat, trying her hardest to smile even though it did look quite forced. "Oh. I'm not a...Jedi. I'm part of the Galactic Alliance Defence Force...In fact, I didn't even know I was Force Sensitive until it was pointed out by Xe-...Oh. He's gone." Her eyes darted over towards where Xeno just sank into the ground and pouted for a moment. "...Shame. I could really use that for when I'm out in the field..."

"Anyway...Traditional first aid is what I was implying. I'm not a fan of...the "Force"
Vee even used quotation marks when she spoke, even though she knew the Force was real. It just felt...wrong to her. Everything that she thought had been skills she had worked for herself, that she thought were her own instincts was a lie. Instead it was the Force. Of course, she had started to get used to the fact after a while. She never would have thought of wanting to learn something like Xeno had done in the past but now? She could at least see some use in it all.

But now it was just her and Millia. Great. She didn't even know if she had anything in common with the redhead. Though it wouldn't hurt to try and be polite and somewhat social. "So...What are you reading?" Vitiion nodded down at the book next to Millia, deciding to sit herself down next to the stranger. "I've never been much of a reader myself. Mostly because it took me a while to wrap my head around Galactic Basic. Doesn't help that I couldn't find any books in Atoan..." A small frown came to her face at that thought, as she stared out towards the sea. Reading was a lot of what she used to do back on Atoa, but now? It was a part of herself that she was trying to forget.

Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch

bAh4LAW.png
Objective: Enjoy The Beach
Wearing: Two Piece, Wide Brimmed Hat
Tags: Xeno Xeno | Vitiion Daivik Vitiion Daivik

Oh chit.
"Well gosh," Xeno began with a very noticable voice crack. "Look at the time. There was a thing I was needing to do at a place that is 100 meters directly below me. You two have fun."

And then without any warning Xeno sank into the ground and vanished.

Something she said made Xeno excuse himself in a flurry, even being so hasty his voice had broken. Expecting his words to be a joke, she was dumbfounded as he... sank into the ground. Seeming to strike his friend just as surprised as Millia grinned a little.

"I couldn't have been terrible company if I hadn't made him do that yet. But that would be a handy skill in the field." Unable to shake the feeling that she had just placed her foot atop a landmine of a topic.He had fled for a reason though, and the explanation from Vittiion gave her the needed tidbits to piece it together.

"Apologies. I have not been in Alliance space near enough to be considerate." Her own smile fading. Feeling that she had put someone in the spotlight that wished to remain hidden. At least until she mentioned that she wasn't fond of the Force.

"I won't pursue the topic further if it causes you discomfort. This is the beach, after all," Looking out to the waves with a pleased smile. "We should enjoy ourselves."

The question about her book however drew her back. "Oh! Here!" Pulling it free from beneath her arm and looking it over before presenting it to be examined.

"The author goes by Lady Velvet, and I've read a couple of her works already. She has a liking to penning romance novels if that is of any interest. Aside from being," Turning her chin down to scratch to better hide the chit eating grin. "Umh, easily, figured out? It. They are an enjoyable read."

The mention of Atoa after struggling to learn Galactic Basic painting the picture Vittiion had intended. There was no pity from the Ashlan, rather pride that the soldier had carried on in spite of things. Millia casting her eyes to the sea as she mulled on the two bits of information she'd been given.

"Atoa is a rather insular place from my limited understanding. A friend introduced me a handful of times to another woman that hailed from Atoa. She ply's her trade as a designer of sorts in the wider galaxy as I understand." Not mentioning names to keep the peace for a while longer. There wasn't any need to mention the Matriarch of the Eternal Empire in casual conversation when everything was already shaken from Millia's earlier fumble.

"She seldom spoke of home, or with any real fondness for it. But I might be able to contact her for translated literature, if it interests you?" The intent to make right her own fumble as best worded as she could manage without ruining what felt like a fun day further.

oa2Pc1R.png

"So is there not a philisophical debate going on?"

Xeno's head had poked back out of the ground. He had ditched the hat and coat by now, realizing how silly it had been. His nagai features were more apparent, with slightly pointed ears now fully visible. His bright blue eyes were just barely visible between the crack in his glasses. The man rose up out of the ground, his height much more clear now that he was standing up.

The musician squinted at the book in Millia's hand, rubbing at the soul patch on his chin.

"Oh, those books," Xeno noted. "My shard buddy thinks they're hilarious. They're supposed to be trashy romance novels, but I'm not much of a reader."

"She seldom spoke of home, or with any real fondness for it. But I might be able to contact her for translated literature, if it interests you?"

Home. It must be nice. Even if Vitiion was in bad standing with her people, she still had a people. Xeno was disconnected, stripped away from his home before he was even born. He had never had the heart to try to make a connection back to his people.

He didn't say anything. There wasn't really anything he could think of saying that wasn't awkward.

VVVDHjr.png

"Oh. I am enjoying myself. Just...chatting away with you, I suppose. Don't worry about it. You didn't know." Vee waved her hand dismissively. She didn't want to make Millia feel bad about it. "Trust me. You're great company. I just...erh...I don't think Xeno wants to see me when I'm mad." Vitiion gave a nervous chuckle at that, turning her attention off to the side. "I did flip my chit at him when he told me I was force sensitive. It made me think everything about me was a lie. That probably doesn't make sense.."

She sighed, resting her chin on the palm of her hand as she thought over things. She wasn't entirely too sure how to feel about the Force anymore. Though luckily she didn't have to think too long as Xeno popped his head out of the sand and Vee just tilted her head at the Half-Nagai. "...Do I really seem like the kind of person to have a philosophical debate Xeno? I'd much rather punch out my differences with someone...That isn't an offer by the way." The Atoan turned her attention towards Millia, giving her a small smirk at the end of it. Part of her felt like offering to fight a stranger wasn't the best way to make friends at the end of the day.

"Romance novels? Bah. Pointless to me. More and more people expect to find "the one" from reading things like those, when in reality "the one" is out in the galaxy...Chit, they might not even be real in the first place." Vitiion didn't have a...positive view of romance. In fact, it was rare for her to have a positive view of most emotional or vulnerable things. It was always much easier to put up a wall. Ironic, considering how much she was willing to talk about her dislike of the Force and her loneliness in the galaxy. Though she shook her head and just smirked at the idea of Xeno reading. He didn't seem like much of a reader. Well, music not count-...Actually to be fair, he didn't seem like the type to read sheet music.

Though Vitiion found herself frowning at the mentioning of having given to her translated so she could read it and shook her head instead, trying to figure out what to say. "It...Atoa...Well...It isn't my home. Not anymore. I was...exiled for lack of a better term. The more things related to home that's around me, the more...homesick I get. It's fine, but thank you for the offer Millia. Just...For as much as the Galaxy knows, I'm just your typical Courscanti woman...with the occasional slip up when I talk." She sighed afterwards, running her hand through her hair as she let the silence fill the air for a moment. "But erh...I guess whenever you're free, and if we're nearby or something, you could always read a chapter or something for me? I could pay for a drink or a meal or something for your time."

Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch Xeno Xeno

VVVDHjr.png
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

That she didn’t utterly crumple into a mess of flustered embarrassment at his direct, teasing flirtation - nor throw her reading material at him, for that matter - and instead went on to begin to regain her composure was enough to make Rik let up on that subject… even if she hadn’t truly answered the question he was asking.

But not quite enough to abandon the matter entirely, though he would let it settle for now. “I would like that,” he replied agreeably, to joining her for a drink; he offered her a hand to get up, “I’ve had enough of the beach for one day.” He’d already been there for a good while. “And I could use a drink.”

He returned her smile.

“The name’s Rik, by the way." He gestured towards her towel, “Here, lemme help you shake the sand out of that.”

Once that was done, they'd be on their way to the clifftop area, where the bar was situated in a small vacation village that various folks used for weekend getaways, also where a small general store and some permanent volleyball nets were installed. The upper area could be reached from the beach by way of a long staircase, or a lift for those who needed it... or were lazy.

"Are you just here for the day?" He'd ask while they trudged their way through the sand, on the way to the upper area, "Or a little longer?"

Wretched Vampire
Rayth smiled fondly, watching her head down to the sea through sunglasses. This was an absolutely bizarre situation, but he was enjoying the freedom from the dark confines of the academy.

He wondered what they might truly learn here. Perhaps this was a deliberate break from the viper's nest of home. Perhaps it was a test of loyalty.

Remembering that he was supposed to finish with the lotion, he applied anothet patchy layer and hurried down the sand. It was uncomfortably hot on his feet.

Rayth was about to comment that the cool water was pleasant, when Annika Starfire Annika Starfire splashed him. The mist of fine droplets across his chest was like ice.

"Ohwah!" he went. His eyes narrowed.

"You forget I have the advantage!" he smiled like a predator and immediately dove under the surface. He foundered under the surface. Rayth couldn't remember much of his life from before. Some distant motor function remained of how to swim. Fortunately he could mostly crawl along before breaking the surface and splashing her back.

"You don't want me to pull you under!"

Corellia
div-orange.png
Outfit: X
Tag: Rik Perris Rik Perris

"Staying too long in the sun isn't good for the skin, so I agree." She flashed a grin, and accepted his hand to pull herself up to her feet. Valery then turned around and reached down to pick her book up as well. It disappeared into her purse immediately, so he'd hopefully forget to tease her about it even more. By the time she turned to face him again, Rik politely offered to shake out her towel, and she'd happily let him help with that.

For as bold as he was, he also seemed quite polite and kind.

"It's nice to meet you, Rik. I'm Valery," she replied with a warm smile, before accepting her towel back. She kept it folded up between her elbow and side, and started walking her way inland again. The area around the beach was full of restaurants, shops and other little establishments for tourists, but it seemed they both preferred what was up on the clifftop area.

It had the better view, and it felt less tourist heavy.

"I'll be here at least today and tomorrow, but I can extend it if I'd like to be here longer," Valery answered and shot him a little smirk, "Why are you asking?" If he enjoyed teasing her, she could put a little pressure on him as well with questions of her own, she figured.

Soon enough, the two had climbed the steps up, and Valery walked into her favorite little bar near the edge of the cliffs. From up there, they could look along the entire beach, and in the evening, watch the sunset across the horizon.

"First round is on me, and I'll take what you have," she told him, as they reached the bar.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

System: Corellia
Tags: Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah

Dan shrugged and leaned backwards some more to watch the waves ripple upwards into the warm placidness of the sand, flowing and thinning until they dissipated altogether.

"I must just be some kind of lunatic then! Charging head first into danger. I think I read something once that said that was like what crazy people do. So you never know right?"

He took another pull from his beer and glanced around the beach some more before turning back to the woman.

"Poker? I dunno that sounds kinda fun and I don't even know your name... Still sounds like fun. Can't be any worse at that than the borgleball! Oh, and I'm Danthem by the way a pleasure."

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Objective: Socialize
Tags: Danthem Scipios Danthem Scipios

Katarine followed his eyes out into the waves and for a while they just watched the ebb and the flow of the water. It was peaceful here in the warm sun surrounded by people having fun. She laughed at his worry that he was crazy but shook her head to assure him he was fine.

"It's nice to meet you Danthem. My name is Katarine." She took another sip of the drink he offered her and then put it in front of her eyes to read the label. She bet all the drinks were different now than they were back in her day. Almost everything was different now than back in her day to be fair.

"Do you come to Corellia often? This is my first time at the beaches but the planet has always been breathtaking each time I've visited."

Untitled980_20231217101229.png
Objective: Scout and Sunbathe
Tags: Rayth Rayth Cordelia 'Cori' Eldoris Cordelia 'Cori' Eldoris @anyone

Untitled938_20231026121044.png

Annika burst out with a laugh "Oh my stars, what was that noise?" she put her hands on her lips to control herself then raised her eyebrows... advantage?

She watched him under the water and it dawned on her that he didn't need to breath, that was very interesting. She didn't have long to ponder this as he quickly rose in front of her and splashed her from head to toe. He stood in front of her, pale as the soft white sand, as socially inept as a man she had ever met, but Annika was quite enamoured with him. She placed her hand on his bicep briefly.

"You don't want me to pull you under!"

She shrugged, giving a look of maybe before sliding her hand down to his and leading him by the hand further down the beach. "This is nice, right?" she asked "Like, I don't really get why our masters sent us here to observe random alliance citizens, but I haven't been to the beach on so long." the teen stopped and spun Rayth round to her so she could watch Cordelia 'Cori' Eldoris Cordelia 'Cori' Eldoris and her own fellows a little closer over his shoulder. To a casual observer it might look as though she was stopping for a kiss, and she grinned, perhaps subconsciously she was. "We should probably head back soon before we both burn.".

Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
outfit

Ryana had heard a bunch of jedi had come here for some relaxation on a beach she decided to bring pip who loved water as she walked down in her bathing suit a couple of towels on her shoulder. Pip didn't seem to be bothered by the sand at all but when he saw the ocean he immediately took off causing the lethan twilek to smile seeing the small racyon happy about something other than grapes and mischief pip ran by Ko Vuto Ko Vuto without even stopping b-lining for the water as he began swimming in somewhat shallow waters. Ryana walked up to ko hey ko she said walking up to ko placing her hand on kos cheek how's the force sight training going she asked looking at him.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The tag on the translucent green bottle was crude albeit effective enough to display the basic lettering. Corellian Light. Wherever it came from it wasn't exactly strong and could just as easily be some off-planet mass-production stuff rebottled and sold on to beach tourists for a markup.

"A strong name. It has that regal sound to it that the core worlders like the sound of. You know what I mean?"

He shook his head already half-dismissing his own comment as he cocked his stupid half-smile in her direction.

"Corellia? Oh well, not really. I think I jumped through here a through times but until yesterday I hadn't seen outside of the base refuelling dock. Nice digs, I was thinking earlier it would be an alright place to retire to if I got the chance. Ya know? Little place not too far from the sea and good weather, not too far from the core worlds but like without all the bustle of coruscant. I can dig it."

He pushed the bottom of the bottle down into the sand a little and twisted it, fashioning a small hole to function as his cupholder.

"Soo.. Katarine." He said, leaning over on one elbow. "You just come here for the beaches then?"

Wretched Vampire
"I don't really see what we're going to learn," Rayth said, returning to a typically dour inflection.

"But," and this time his tone lightened a little, "It is nice. I'd never seen a beach before."

Rayth even smiled as he walked backwards, heels kicking up little arcs of water behind him. He was enjoying himself. Rayth liked it when she paid attention to him and not her followers in her datapad.

Despite the mission, he took a step to block Annika's view. He was starting to think that Annika had been dropping subtle hints. To any impartial observer, those 'hints' had the subtlety of a duracrete block.

"We could go...get out of the sun and shower off the sand together?" he offered.

"I don't think we'll find out anything exciting here," Rayth said. He would be back to Darth Repirmar's harsh lessons and the dangers of the other students soon. Better to take advantage of the brief window of freedom.

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png
Tags: Danthem Scipios Danthem Scipios

She laughed as he explained that her name would be appealing to the core worlders. Honestly after nine hundred years in stasis Katarine wasn’t sure what was hip anymore. The only reason her clothes weren’t a century out dated was because the New Jedi Order had given her new ones.

When he said “I can dig it” she at least understood the reference. People had said that in her day. It was nice to see some things never changed, even if so much of this galaxy was different to her now.

“I came for the beach yes. The New Jedi Order actually promotes taking time off. It’s very different than the Jedi of the past. I knew some of the others came here for their relaxation days and I thought I would try. I like to swim and love seafood so the beach seemed like the pace to be. “

She let her gaze wander the beach again and took a relaxing breath. It was nice to get away from things. Maybe this new Jedi way of doing things was a good one.

“Why did you come? The beach?”

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"The Jedi? Right..."

He stiffened somewhat as the cogs turned in his head. Eyes glued to her even if the intent behind them had now shifted somewhat from the way he looked at her earlier even going so far as to sit up slightly straighter. He sat there almost frozen for a few seconds more before shifting his weight again and trying to find any words he could.

"So yeah, I guess Jedi are pretty cool with all that stuff. Probably pretty stressful you know with all that stuff that you guys must get up to. Why not take some um time off right?"

He rubbed his head slightly, brushing some of the sand from his hair then shrugged at her question.

"Well since you can probably read my mind anyway there ain't much point in lying right? I'm on shore leave. I ship off for a fleet squadron in two days and well who knows the next time I'll get some real peace and quiet like this again. With the Sith skirmishes and the Mandalorian war none of us really know if we will get to see another leave full stop." He chuckled and took another swig from his drink. "So while the others are doing all their paperwork and sitting around being worried I intend to bake in the sun, chase beautiful ladies until I get slapped and drink all the crappy local beer in this system!"

He smirked again and took another swig.

Last edited:

Untitled980_20231217101229.png
Objective: Scout and Sunbathe
Tags: Rayth Rayth Cordelia 'Cori' Eldoris Cordelia 'Cori' Eldoris @anyone

Annika shrugged, he was right, there wasn't much to learn here after all, beyond watching a few Jedi catching some rest and relaxation.

"Ha! phrasing..." she laughed at her friend and ran her hand up his arm, squeezing his arm a little and looking back up the beach towards the hotel. "But yeah sure, might be a good idea to go and get cleaned up then get some something to eat." she turned and began walking up the beach with the guy just behind her. Now she remembered why the beach was such a pain in the ass, she couldn't even be bothered to shake the blown sand out of her jeans before stuffing them into her bag along with her book. She grabbed out her holopad, quickly checking her feed. "Can you believe we have to write a report about this for the academy... yeah, whole lot of nothing." she stuffed the pad in her bag and carried on up the beach. She looked back and smiled at Rayth Rayth as he follower her, making sure not to trip and embaress herself.

VVVDHjr.png
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Valery answered his question as plainly as he’d asked it, unadorned with any cheek… well, maybe not. Having his curiosity needled didn't ruffle his metaphorical feathers at all, and it wasn’t in him to be cagey or dishonest. The glance he gave her when she shot back with that question of her own was cursory at best, but enough to capture that little smirk of hers, before he turned his gaze ahead as they reached the stairs.

“Don’t see many tourists on the beach during the local school holidays,” Rik started frankly, answering her while climbing the steps, “beach is usually teeming with the locals; couple that with me knowing that the folks at the Saber,” a smirk started to form at one end of his mouth, “don’t sunbathe, or,” that ‘or’ carried a humoured tone, as he glanced sidelong at Valery, “wear bikinis?”

The sudden, postulating thought of Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar in a two piece had him snickering silently for a moment. He looked ahead again as his amusement cooled and they cleared the handful of steps.

"That's interesting,” he turned to face her after mounting the last step, walking backward for a few paces, to get a real good look at her, “and I got another couple days to kill. Can't help wondering what kind of company I'll have.” Rik swallowed the grin that smirk had morphed into as he whirled back around and they walked up to their destination; he raised a hand to the barkeep, Azuri, in greeting on the approach.

“Alright,” he replied to her picking up the first round, “beer's always first,” Rik informed - start with the objectively ‘worst’ tasting thing, work your way up. “Thinking... ever heard of Arkanian Sweet Milk? Mead. So, Arkanian bees, Arkanian honey.” A succinct explanation. Leave it to the Arkanians to engineer frost and freeze-resistant bees. Rik leaned against the bar counter, leaving himself half-turned towards Val. “A brewery down the far end of the beach does business with an Arkanian apiary, and they give us a pretty nice ‘Arkanian’ honey ale with that honey.”

Azuri, picking up on this, interjected, looking from one of them to the other, “Two Beached Arkanians, then?” Rik looked from the barkeep to Valery, “That work for you?”

Corellia
div-orange.png
Outfit: X
Tag: Rik Perris Rik Perris

Valery met his sidelong glance with quite a smirk of her own, and raised a hand to flick some of her long, dark-brown locks over her shoulder, "Usually my eyes give it away before anything else, but we all notice different things, hm?" She chuckled at the implication with the corner of her lip tugging up a little further, and then finally dipped her head to acknowledge what he said, "I'm usually at Coruscant and my vacation days are a little... erratic. But I've been pleasantly surprised thus far." Her smile, while seemingly innocent, had a touch of playfulness to it.

The two then reached the top of the stairs, where she watched Rik turn around to face her, once more in slow-motion. Valery's eyes shifted up and down for her own good look, before she met his gaze with her own grin, "You won't have to keep wondering," she assured him as she brushed right past him, her eyes still focused on him while she squeezed herself through the doorway with him, "I'm going to be staying a little longer, if you'd like the company."

There was a lot more to do here than sunbathing on a beach, and he already seemed like wonderful company. A few extra days sounded like a lovely distraction.

Arriving at the bar, Valery had offered to pay for the first round of drinks, but Rik's experience with the local beverages shifted her mind to different options. A beer would be good to start, but what he offered sounded much better, "That works for me. I can't handle too much alcohol if I don't filter it, but..." she paused, smirked, and raised the offered beer up for a toast. "I'm not flying back tonight, so why not?" Her trip, after all, had just been extended a little.

Z9U36lL.png
Appearance
: Peak Male Performance
Tag: Ryana mina Ryana mina

Ko had decided to stay dry for now. Avoiding the water for sand instead. He had an idea of what he wanted to do. A fun little display of his earth shaping abilities. Ko knelt down to the sand and placed his clawed hand down onto the shore. Visualizing what he wanted to create and sensing the potential through the grains of sand around him.

However, he observed a familiar and mischievous creature rushing off behind him. It was Ryana’s little companion. He knew that when there was one of them around, the other was certainly close by. Standing back up to his feet Ko faced the red twi’lek as she approached and spoke. “Hey Ryana, fancy seeing you here. Oh and Pip of course.” He said with smile under his mask. Although the leathery skin around his antiox mask turned a tad redder when she placed her hand on his cheek.

“Oh, it’s going pretty well now I believe. In some ways I would say I’m more perceptive now than I was before. Although being able to read is a lot more challenging now.” Ko explained to her some. As he spoke his ‘gaze’ didn’t quite meet hers. More so just Ryana’s general direction.

“I actually was thinking of making something a little fun here in the sand. Wanna check it out?” The Kel Dor asked with a hidden soft ‘smile.’

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom