Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reclamation of the Lost [CIS Dominion of Torolis]

As she settled in her seat she could hear her daughter call out to her through the Force. The mother couldn't have been prouder of her little one. She knew Adela wasn't little but in Phoebe's mind she would always be her little girl no matter how big she got. She was growing up so quickly. "I think she may already have it dear. I even heard that," Phoebe smiled at her little one. "You ready for this mission? Stay close to me ok?" Phoebe wanted her close just incase something happened. She was an over protective mother.

"Hello," she turned to smile at the new comer.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
[member="Alli Wren"] [member="Tyri Lsu"]

When were these government fools going to learn that their barging in like this wasn't going to get them anywhere, merely showing up with a pocket full of good will and a bay full of bombs wasn't going to sway anyone. Hell, if Ethan didn't see the benefit the CIS could hold for Nova-Tech he would have fought the bastards himself. But no, the CIS was a business opportunity waiting to happen and this was the perfect chance to get in the door. The CIS probably didn't know it, but Nova-Tech had been maintaining the defense grid of late to try and protect the assets and colonist on planet. Unfortunately the tech was so old that the new tech that they had to work with usually shorted out the old defense towers and you could only get a bunch of lab monkeys to try and fit squares into round holes for so long.

Riding up to the defense grid in a land speeder, Ethan prepared himself for whoever he may meet.

Objective: The Dark Mines

One of the many skills that was all but drilled into the Mandalorian's skull was attention to detail. This was a trait that revolved around picking up on the smallest things; as they could be a key sign of weakness in an enemy. After years of rigorous training in this skill alongside many others, it was safe to say that Isley was the definition of observant: even in the presence of his beloved wife and child. As such, upon hearkening to the words of the young man, he noticed the minute changes in his expression. To the untrained, such changes would elude notice...but the Mandalorian picked up on it. This was precisely why Isley was adamant about adhering to his strict rule regarding public displays of affection; for doing such in the presence of others would easily result in awkwardness. "The report I read is contrary to this, Atretes." he said in response, giving the young man a nod, "Most would run at the sight of a Terentatek, but you and your fellows stood and fought. For that, I am grateful; and proud to serve alongside you in this mission."

With that said, the doors of the dropship raised and closed, hissing as the life support systems filled the cabin with pressurized oxygen. Inhaling a calming breath, Isley then settled back in his seat once more and signaled the pilot, who then gunned the engines. With a lurch, the ship soared into the air and promptly surged forth out of the hangar. The voyage through the black of space and onto the surface of the planet would only take a few moments; and for those who did not arrive in time to catch this dropship, there were plenty of others to choose from. As the trip continued, Isley responded to the words of his spouse, giving her a playful tap on the arm. "Adela is a big girl now. She can scout ahead a few paces without getting into trouble, right Ad'ika?"

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"], [member="Adela Verd"], [member="Phoebe Verd"], [member="Serian Loria"]

Objective: The Defense Grid

As the age-old expression went: ignorance was bliss. Apparently, the scouts sent ahead of the expeditionary force had scanned the planetary defenses on one of the many occasions that it had gone offline due to mechanical errors; thereby making it seem as though it was simply ancient and untouched. However, this was far from the reality, as it seemed that Nova-Tech had been attempting to work with the planet's defenses in order to protect their assets. Regardless, they would require the assistance of others skilled in engineering if they were to repair the grid, and that was something that the CEOs of both Baktoid Industries and Czerka Corporation did exceptionally well. As such, as the words escaped the Echani's lips, the pre-flight checklist was concluded and the engines were gunned. Ascension gripped the vessel and the pilot straightway began to guide it out of the hangar and into the black of space.

@[member="Ethan Alde"], [member="Alli Wren"]

EmKay

Objective: The Long Deep of Torolis (D)

Atretes never considered that one may have run away. Perhaps it was programmed into him and he didn't know it, but the idea to flee never even came to him during that time. It may be also indicative of what kind of person he was.

"It was me or the beast, and I was not going to die so a thing" he thought to himself. Being addressed did break the webspinning of thought and reflection he was going into, so he was brought out of his disassociation and back into the world. As such, he decided an ice breaker may be appropriate.

"Well, I had no idea what it was at the time." he said with a quirk of his mouth into a bit of a light-hearted smile. Not insincere by definition, but the fact that the pending mission was something that killed most of his humour was something that would likely be hanging over the air of the area. Especially now that the dropship had enacted its protocols in preparation to, well, drop.

Finally, though all of this internalisation and speaking minimally, which in reality took but a few moments to pass, he addressed the yellow-eyed man's wife.

"Hello to you as well. I am unsure if you heard, so I shall introduce myself: my name's Atretes Rhoujen." he said, again followed by a polite nod. His verbage was becoming much more proper in the presence of the imminent potential danger (OOC: and because the writer writes more eloquently when slighlty tired).

[member="Isley Verd"]
[member="Phoebe Verd"]

Objective: The Jedi Praxeum

It was a breath of fresh air to meet someone like him. She was used to fun drunken idiots at the bar but he kind of reminded her of someone that she used to know. Someone that she liked from afar but never said anything because she was afraid of rejection from him so she kept her distance in that respect but they had been best of friends. He was gone now and all she had left were the memories of days gone past. Shaking her head she pushed the memories out of her mind as she took a seat in the dropship. "The pleasure is all mine Verask. I'm quite excited to go digging into the past. Before I came here a did a lot of research and studying of wildlife. This is different but it definitely fits into the type of thing I enjoy."

Admittedly she missed the forest and everything in it but she could get used to it and the company. If company was like this than Kat felt that she would fit in quite nicely here.

[member="Varesk Fey'lya"]

Current Objective: The Dark Mines

Upon hearing the words uttered by the young man, the Mandalorian could not help but chuckle. The simple fact of the matter was, even without recognizing what the monstrosity was...it was still a grotesque beast that easily had the ability to strike fear into the hearts of even the most resolute individuals. Ceasing his mirth, Isley then said as much: "Regardless, you stood and fought...against a creature that would easily cause hardened soldiers to quake in their boots. That's something to take pride in." As the words escaped Isley's mouth, the dropship penetrated the atmosphere of the world and descended through the heavens, ultimately coming to a halt at the base of a rather large series of mountains. It was into this, towering span of white stones that the Mine was cut into. Reaching for his helmet, the Mandalorian then addressed the young man once more before hiding his visage behind beskar, saying: "Yes, I had read your name from the earlier report...but nonetheless, it is a pleasure to make proper introductions."

Then, the doors slid open and a metaphorical wall hit him square in the face. It was as if he had opened a window and allowed one of the most putrid aromas to penetrate his living quarters; for the moment the doors opened, he could then feel the full presence of the Dark Side of the Force. It was potent, almost like something he would have expected to find on Dromund Kaas. This was something far greater than what he initially expected, prompting him to turn to [member="Adela Verd"] and [member="Phoebe Verd"] once more. "On second thought...I'll take point. This is a touch stronger than I had anticipated." he said, before addressing the three of them together. "Alright, all of you grab lights out of the cargo. You're going to need them. After that...stay close, because I've got a bad feeling about this." With that said, the Mandalorian reached for the third and final saber which hung from his belt and promptly disembarked, causing a crunch to sound as his boots met sand.

[member="Adela Verd"], [member="Phoebe Verd"], [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]

"That sounds great considering one of our hallmark areas is Droid Brains... I prefer to be involved in projects with them, they are dangerous things if you get them wrong. I also think it would be great to have Czerka arms in my droids hands and bodies. " She said watching the door close and feeling the ship take off. The was going to be interesting indeed. " I wasn't aware you had such a breakthrough, it seems I need to ensure I get in on this or I just might lose the edge. "

Objective: The Jedi Praxeum

And so, the Bothan had found himself in the presence of an academic! This was a fact that brought ceaseless satisfaction to Verask; for he was often lumped with individuals who were young, rash, or otherwise daft. However, [member="Katrina Garnier"] was different, he could already tell. After she had filed within the dropship, the aging Bothan made his way after her and found himself a seat in the back. Upon settling down, a satisfied sigh escaped his lips; for the seats were memory foam and felt amazing...then, he looked to the woman once more. "Prior to joining the Templar Order, I had my own field of study. It was more on the Intelligence end of things, if you understand my meaning. While part of me misses the work I did, I understand that my presence here will only serve my people better than I can on the field. That said, I am immensely looking forward to our dig here today. I can only hope that what we find is beneficial, and not just dust."

@Katrine Garnier

A light chuckle escaped the Echani's lips in response to the CEO of Baktoid Industries words. Holding steady upon the hand-rail, he then awaited until the dropship finished its penetration of the atmosphere of the planet before responding; for it was quite the bumpy ride. "Well, as I often say, if it is easy, then it is not worth doing." he began, "And if you like, we can form some sort of business agreement regarding droids. A contract between our two organizations. The forte of my corporation has, historically, been the production of a niche brand of droids whilst yours has been fielding the armies of nations. As such, I believe we can form a contract of sorts and collaborate on the market of droids together; as opposed to competing. Together, Baktoid and Czerka can dominate the droid market!"

[member="Alli Wren"], [member="Ethan Alde"]

OBJECTIVE: JEDI PRAXEUM
Everything was in order. The Spymaster had brought a set of tools, gadgets, and other toys and weapons to keep up with the force-users he would be working with. A R.E.D.S., Hypermoler, a Stiletto Platform in a holster, and a few other tricks and aces the writer's too lazy to mention. He glanced at the dropship, noting [member="Varesk Fey'lya"] as he motioned for the other figure, whom he didn't recognize, to sit. Sighing and checking the room once again for anything else he was needed for, he slowly, cautiously, approached the ship.

"There will be more than was mentioned, no matter how well-versed you may be in the planet." He said As he overheard the last snipit spoken by [member="Katrina Garnier"]. His smile, however, was ment to keep his introduction pleasant. As a Viceroy, he couldn't sit and be the quiet one anymore. But information would be helpful here. "Pleased to meet you." And with that, he took his seat in the dropship. The only thing of note to the two on his person, if they were keen enough to note it, would be the lightsaber he had tucked up his sleeve. Such a tool would be rough for him, but it was still of use.
"Some of us never got out of it, Varesk." He commented, almost absentmindedly. Some days he would have rather quit and lived his life with her. He would willingly trade his position, his wealth, even all his work and the Spynet for her. But he knew she was gone. That was what he lived with. For his life.

EmKay

Objective: The Long Deep of Torolis (D)

Atretes nodded to the man before him, and then unbuckled himself when the ship landed. What happened next overloaded his senses and created an internal struggle given how unnaturally attuned to the Force he was.

The Darkness in the area gripped Rhoujen tight, and he felt as though he were suddenly deprived of oxygen. He leaned hard against the wall of the vessel and his form hunched over from the physical strain the area was putting on him. The way he was built, as much of a pure conduit of Force energy as was possible for a sentient, was allowing the Dark to flow all to freely. The two masters nearby would have been able to easily tell that the energy was swarming around him like a hungry, like-minded group of parasites. His body remained supported, but his mind withdrew.

In his visual manifestation of the Force, he could see all of the writhing, ensnaring ropes of the Force wrapping around him, tightening like a hundred nooses, and pulling for control. He was getting irritated now. If alien forces in this ethereal plane of existence were going to have anything to do with him at all, it would be by his volition. Not from being forced. The defensive programming in his brain coiled, and he could feel the raw energy of Sigma boiling forth. Slowly, he would have began to radiate his own Force signature, until with a flash of near-blinding Force energy (for those who could sense), the Dark retreated from him as though Rhoujen were a mass of lava.

He didn't get to catch what Isley had said, but looking outside at the absence of light caused him to push himself off the wall, stretch his now-stiff shoulders, and fetch a light as though nothing had happened.

[member="Isley Verd"]
[member="Phoebe Verd"]

Objective: Entering the Mines

As the words of guidance escaped his lips, the Mandalorian was suddenly greeted by an immense sensation. Although his initial assessment of the young man known as [member="Atretes Rhoujen"] was that his level was that of an apprentice, the display which unfolded before his eyes challenged that judgment. Before him, the Darkness of the mines began to assail the young man relentlessly...yet in a show of utter defiance, Atretes fought back. "Light" filled Isley's "sight", causing him to look away for a moment with squinting characterizing his eyelids. Then, oddly enough, the light vanished just as soon as it had manifested and the young man proceeded as if nothing had transpired. "Well that was one helluva fight." he commented simply, before giving the wrist-mounted console built upon his armor a few taps with his fingers. This brought to life a duo of lights upon either side of his helm, lighting up the darkness of the mine's mouth. There was nothing remarkable about the entrance; for it was simply hewn of white stone. Yet, the nexus of Dark Side energy was much akin to an ocean, and each step brought him closer to being submerged.

"Atretes." he then said, turning his attention to the young man. "Are you going to be alright proceeding? I estimate that it's only going to get...worse...in terms of Dark Side concentration as we proceed."

[member="Phoebe Verd"], [member="Adela Verd"], [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]

Objective: Fangirling

As the Bothan finished speaking to the woman, a familiar voice filled his ears. 'Twas the leader of the Bothan race; an elected representative upon whose shoulders the hopes and desires of their entire species relied upon. Turning, Verask forsook the aches of his body in order to render a full bow to the Viceroy of Bothawui before righting himself. This was the first time that he had the distinct honor and privilege of standing before the man who had, thus far, led their people with distinction. Furthermore, it was by the order of this individual that the Ar'krai had been re-instated, thereby inspiring Verask's return from the field in order to hone his most powerful gift in preparation for the war. "Viceroy Ak'lya," he began, addressing the Bothan by his appropriate title, "it is an immense honor to be in your presence sir." Then, Verask drew a breath in order to calm his nerves; despite the fact that the metaphorical, twelve year old fangirl inside his mind was utterly freaking out.

"And, I must add that, 'twas the reinstatement of the Ar'krai that saw my return from the field. With the gift of the Force at my disposal, I feel as though I would be a better asset to the cause if I were properly trained in its usage; as opposed to sitting on it as I have these past decades." he then said, once calm was achieved.

@Katrine Garnier, [member="Strask Ak'lya"]

Objective: The Skies Above (B2)

"Make sure those missile launchers are loaded up!" Zahuro ordered as he climbed into his fighter's cockpit. "If the wildlife is as vicious as the briefing says I don't want to be caught short a missile!"

"They're full Zahuro," a ship engineer called back, "You can launch anytime!"

Zahuro nodded in response before cracking his neck and putting on his helmet. He tossed a cigarra butt out before pressing a button to seal the cockpit viewscreen and going over a final ship check. Everything looked good, so Zahuro started his interceptor's engines.
"Ragnell 4 launching now," he spoke into his commlink before gunning his thrusters and accelerating into space. Pulled back into his seat by the g-forces, Zahuro relaxed as his craft settled into an idle as it approached Torolis. His craft slowly broke through the planet's atmosphere and he began to see the horizon from his craft. All he saw was sand. "And this planet used to be a big mining spot?" he muttered to himself while shaking his head. Now planetside he adjusted his commlink frequency so he could patch in to the drop ships that should've been descending on the capital city. "Attention capital city ground troops, Ragnell 4 is in the air and ready to lend support as needed, over."
[member="Isley Verd"] [member="CC-308 Maverick"] [member="Særa Ayña Savan"] [member="Tycho Shorn"]

[member="Varesk Fey'lya"]
[member="Strask Ak'lya"]
[member="Katrina Garnier"]
Objective: A

Astrian sat quietly in the back of the CSS Kothlis, he was in his usual gear, his leather jacket with durasteel plates on his shoulders, a pack of smoke grenades in a pouch on his waist a makeshift scarf around his neck to keep him relatively warm. He heard the talk of passed jobs and things like that, he decided to give his input, his voice was low and came out almost like a whisper. "I used to be a sith assassin." He commented, sitting forward a little. His massive 7'10 body sitting in the chair behind Katrina, deep yellow eyes looked at everyone around him. A small grin on his face as well.

Objective: The Skies (B-2)

Sophia was amongst those whom had taken to the skies. When she got the chance to fly she took it and ran with it. Captain Denko had heard plenty about the fauna which flew above the skies of Torolis and even saw pictures and it looked like a beast. The young woman had seen a lot in her day but nothing like this. She was used to dealing with actual people not this sort of thing. The moment that Sophia hit Torolis she was playing a game of dodge ball trying to get away from all of it. She hadn't expected this much but on second thought she wasn't exactly sure what she had thought all would happen.

Pulling back a little Sophia turned a sharp right right trying to find a clearing so she could get her baring and come up with a plan. The woman was a tactician and would rarely just start randomly firing however in this case it almost seemed necessary.

Objective: Daydreaming

"Viceroy Ak'lya, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Katrina Garnier." She had just arrived here so she didn't expect for anybody to know her yet. The woman hoped that it changed and that she could make something of herself. She should have come back here when he asked her to but she had been too afraid.

Her mind than began to wander back to when [member="CC-308 Maverick"] had shown up out of nowhere it seemed on a mission of his very own. They had shared a night together and she had helped him get himself a pet. She still to this day thought about that time and wondered what happened to him.

"A Sith assassin? What are you now?" She questioned as she snapped back into reality. "When we get there I think it's best to stick together since we don't know what's there."

[member="Astrian Callus"] [member="Varesk Fey'lya"] [member="Strask Ak'lya"]

Wodrata-class Pod Carrier, Torolis Orbit
Objective: Liberating the Capital City

Cynna wasn't much of a solider however she was a doctor and had the training of a solider. The woman hoped that she wouldn't lag behind or be a burden to the group. She had been on missions before but it had been a long time ago. She worked in hospitals mostly now but change like this was good. She was looking forward to getting back into the field.

"I guess it's just you and me huh?" Cynna grinned as she stepped into the Pod where she saw one person was sitting alone. She wondered what happened to everyone else.

[member="CC-308 Maverick"]

Climbing. Such nonsense for a man of Lancer's calibre. But here he was, climbing up the side of a friggin mountain. His AR35, the trustiest rifle since ever, strapped to his back. Jeans and boots, with a t-shirt and his ballistic vest. Definitely didn't fit the bill for a good-looking marine. But the CIS didn't take him in to look pretty, they took him in because he was probably the best shot in the entire galaxy. Not that he got to prove it much. Lancer trudged up to a resting on a cliff, setting down to take a quick break. He rolled his neck, before turning upwards. Only about fifty feet to go.

A hand went to touch his throat communicator."Damar reporting in, about fifty feet from the Jedi Praxeum, upwards. I'll report in when I get up there. Damar out."Another few minutes passed, and then the man went back to climbing, trudging up the side of the mountain, determined as ever to find the goodies locked inside."Friggin Jedi, building the most inconvenient location ever and all the ways to get in have been broken down. Friggin Jedi."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom