Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reclamation of the Lost [CIS Dominion of Torolis]

CSS Kothlis
Medical Bay
w/ [member="Jala Rekab"] & [member="Josiah Denko"]

"Yeah," Maria simply said. She was not too good at first aid or any advanced medicine either, but she tried to help as much as possible. Torolis was a strange place and it looked like people got easily injured on that planet. A bit weird... But Maria had signed up to hep the injured and that was what she had to do now, no matter what.

Then came another person, a man. He was somebody Maria had never seen before, again. But the thing was, that he seemed to be a Templar, not a soldier. But when the man started speaking, Maria got a stranger feeling. It was something about him. "Hi! We're doing just fine, I think," Maria said as an answer to the man's question, her voice sounding friendly. That was another change which happened with the man coming to the medical bay.

Then the woman watched the mans body, seeking for injuries. She found some, and decided to go helping him. "Hey... Jala... Could you manage treating him alone? I think the new guy needs some help, so I'd help him a bit!"

Jala carefully wrapped up the foot in the cast and elevated the on a pillow. "That should just about do it. Gonna need you to stay off this leg for sometime, private." she comforted him. "I'll get you some Comaren for the pain. You'll be fighting battles before you know it." Jala gently rubbed his head before turning to see a new patient entering the medbay.

"Oh, hello." she greeted in reply to his own. "Yeah, sure, Maria. I can handle it from here." Jala smiled and nodded to Maria then her blue eyes turned to the injured Templar. "She'll take good care of you. She's new but she's very good." Jala assured Josiah. She then returned to treating the injured soldier.

[member="Maria Zambrano"] | [member="Josiah Denko"]

CSS Kothlis
Medical Bay

Maria then walked to the Templar and started with inspecting his injuries. Not seeing something truly serious on the outside, she closed her eyes and moved her hand over the man's body, only a few centimetres in the air. The woman's sense skills had showed to be the best of her skills, so she had decided to rely on them. At least at the moment. Feeling some irritations all around the body - these were the minor scratches and burns - she sensed something stonger in the man's chest area.

"Hmm... Do you... feel something strange in your chest? A broken rib or an organ hurting or something?" Maria asked while still concentrating on sensing injuries, her eyes remained closed. She had never thought she could turn into something like a healer. Yet now it seemed like her sense skills really helped her.

"It's good to be in such capable hands, thank you." came the polite response of the Templar once [member="Jala Rekab"] spoke to him. He then awaited the treatment of [member="Maria Natalja"] with intrigue prevalent in his gaze. Most of the time, he had been treated by a bacta bath or bandages, but the flow of the Force was evident once she outstretched her hand. Perhaps she would heal him? Once the inquiry was posed, Josiah drew a light breath and felt the pain once more; there was most definitely something wrong. Something painful enough to obstruct his breathing.

"Yes, it's hard to breath actually. Everytime I draw a breath there's pain. I think it might be a broken rib."

As the Echani continued to make his scans, an idea formed in the back of his mind. From the information provided by the HoloNet, this particular hypervelocity gun functioned similar to...a slugthrower...Now there was something well within the range of Tyri's expertise! Hell, with enough information, he could probably create his own Hypervelocity Gun to mount on the hulls of starships. With this thought in mind, Tyri boldly continued to roam about the cannon, scanning as much information as humanly possible.

'Twas an immense fortune that the Mandalorian's face was veiled from view behind his helm; for there was an expression of malice at the words uttered by the Echani. For Metus to come out and play was to spell a death sentence for them all...well, Ahani excluded...and that was something that Isley was not about to allow. That creature that he kept deep within; chained and locked as much as possible, was something that gave Isley fear. Not due to the power he possessed...but because of what he would do with it. To sit idly by and watch as one's own body was used as a puppet to slaughter those he loved was more than enough motivation to be proactive. Suffice it to say, if Isley had anything to say about it, Metus would stay exactly where he was.

However, there would be ample time to glare and scowl later; but the present dictated that the Mandalorian's full focus be on the task at hand. With both hands outstretched, he continued to aide in the Echani's assault, unleashing arcs of lightning into the hide of the beast. Each collision of wrath-born energies with the scales of the Dragon caused the loathesome stench of burning flesh to fill the air. Yet, no matter how disgusting the smell may have been, Isley continued on; for the flailing and gnashing of the beast denoted its effectiveness. What's more, Ahani's assault was doing its part to wear down the beast as well. Each slice sent more and more of the potent chemical racing through its system; with a final dosage lodged square in its heart. It wouldn't be long now until victory was achieved.

But then there was a swift utterance of words that Isley did not catch over the screech of his lightning...and a sudden surge of the Force. A Bellow ripped from the lips of [member="Eldoc Quasat"] and caused the mine to literally begin to fall apart. With few seconds at his disposal, the Mandalorian had to act swiftly in order to ensure survival. However, the question was...would he try to save his own hide, or those of his kin and comrades? True to the mantle of a son of Mandalore, he chose the latter and placed the totality of his focus upon the weapon which hung from his back: Devorah's Song. There, a literal nexus of Dark Side might awaited his concentration. He reveled in it, allowing it to bolster his focus before quickly turning on his heel.

At once, he thrust his offhand in the direction of Ahani whilst aiming his dominant hand at his wife, child, and fellow Templar Eldoc. With this supreme focus, he did his absolute best to telekinetically pull Ahani out of harm's way whilst simultaneously pushing the trio behind him closer to the mouth of the mine. This, of course, left him subject to the cascade of tumbling stones; which plinked, plunked, and slammed into his armor with impressive might. Isley was knocked off of his feet and quickly buried underneath a heap of stone, temporarily unable to move. Despite the durability of his armor, there were a few sickening snaps which sounded as the burial commenced: bones shattering in all the wrong places.

There was an outcry of pain, muffled underneath the rocks followed by silence. Isley was hurt, bad.

[member="Ahani Najwa"], [member="Atretes Rhoujen"], [member="Phoebe Verd"], [member="Adela Verd"], [member="Eldoc Quasat"].

EmKay

Amid the dreamlike state Atretes found himself, he was faced with a reflection of himself, only... different. He could not pin exactly how he was different, until the reflection spoke.

"You must become better, Atretes." the apparition said with disdain in his voice. Rhoujen weakly grunted, and the reflection kicked him in the ribs. There was no damage, but the pain felt real.

"This display was pathetic. We were not created to be pathetic." the source of the vision was apparent now. It was the Voice incarnate. Atretes was being spoken to directly by Sigma. He was confused.

"Ha. You thought I was only a little genetic programme? Well, you were correct," the ethereal clone grinned, then continued, "But as you grow, so do I. The more life you live, the more I do as well. Only I already have the power you strive to control. It's quite... amusing... to watch, really." the visage of Sigma was contorted into a cruel grin.

Atretes groaned and moved. He saw an armour-clad foot sticking out from a pile of rocks. He recognised that foot.

"Isley..." he strained. Sigma looked from the young Templar to the Mandalorian and tutted.

"You want to save him? Fine. Rise." Sigma instructed before he vanished. There was no aid, only an order. Atretes grimaced and fought through the haze and the echoing, ridiculing laughter of the voice in his head. He brought his elbows under him. Planted his knee. Got his feet under him. Struggled to stand. He stumbled and rose fully, and the laughter stopped.

"Very good, Atretes." the voice echoed before it vanished. Rhoujen took a deep breath and reached into the Force. The Dark has receded with the death of the beast, but the rift caused by Sigma was still raw, and he reached into that for power. With all the focus he could muster, he gripped the massive pile of rocks and lifted it aloft. His focus strained, and he felt as though he were carrying the weight of the rocks on his shoulders, but in a determined shove, the collapsed rock pile was thrown deeper into the mines, and off of [member="Isley Verd"]. Atretes shuffled his way over, the tips of his boots dragging, and he knelt down beside the elder Templar.

"Hey," he said. His voice was hoarse, "Isley, you awake?" he gently nudged the armour-clad body before him. He was trying to be mindful of broken bones, but, then again, pain was often a good way to make sure someone was alive.

[member="Ahani Najwa"] // [member="Eldoc Quasat"] // [member="Phoebe Verd"] // [member="Adela Verd"] // [member="Isley Verd"]

Once the rocks were hoisted off of his form, the Mandalorian was able to breath a fresh breath; unlabored. Finally, the weight that had kept his lungs from working at full capacity was gone and Isley could breathe a little easier. Of course, each breath brought waves upon waves of pain; denoting that he was very much alive...and very much wounded. When nudged, he groaned aloud, letting [member="Atretes Rhoujen"] know that there was still some life underneath the beskar. "Ph..Phoebe..." he said, forcing the word out despite the pain. Now there was a decent husband...regardless of the fact that he was literally broken and battered, his first concern was the love of his life.

However, each passing moment free of the rocks that once held him down allowed clarity to enter his mind. Shaking his head slightly, he began to do a personal check to see the extend of the damage. First, he flexed his toes and attempted to move his legs...good; he wasn't paralyzed, but there was pain in his thigh. Could he have broken his femur? Continuing along, he began to flex his fingers and attempt to move his arms; his right arm hurt like hell all around. Probably multiple breaks. Then he sucked in a deep breath and then groaned; it was difficult as all hell to breathe. Broken ribs, most definitely...but all in all, he was going to be alright by his estimation; though a long healing session was in order.

"I-I'm awake...but I'm all karked up...My leg's busted, so's my arm. D-Did Phoebe and Adela get out? Please tell me they're safe."

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"], [member="Ahani Najwa"], [member="Phoebe Verd"], [member="Adela Verd"], [member="Eldoc Quasat"].

EmKay

Atretes listened to his ragged speech intently. When [member="Isley Verd"] showed concern for his family, Atretes looked up and scanned the area. There was nobody else under the rocks, and the tunnel's path was clear. It would have been impossible for them to go deeper in, so the only logical explanation was that everyone else had already gone out the cave. He took another deep breath, his body revitalising after his ordeal, and spoke.

"I assume so. They're not here, but there was no way for them to be in harm's way, either." he said slowly and clearly, in case the pain made it difficult for Isley to focus on listening. He didn't know the first thing about healing without Sigma, so he stood and looked around the area with minor confusion.

"What do I do with you," he asked Isley in rhetorical thought, and then turned to see the battered corpse of the beast that had given him such a hard time, "And what do I do with you..." he muttered.

Ahani Najwa // Eldoc Quasat // Phoebe Verd // Adela Verd // Isley Verd

When the initial question was posed, Isley almost chuckled...Sure, it was rhetorical, but it was also perfectly legitimate. His voice, issuing forth as a weak croak, heralded the struggle that the Mandalorian faced in order to sit up. Bracing the whole of his weight upon his left arm, he shoved himself up into an awkward sitting position, resting his back upon some of the rubble behind him. He then drew a breath and winced, doing his absolute best not to fall totally victim to the pain which wreaked havoc on his body. With his own two eyes, he saw the truth of the young man's words...there were no obvious bodies strewn about; aside from the hulking dragon adjacent to them...But Isley just had to check. He activated the various scanners built into his helm and looked around, as the pain would prevent him from adequately mustering the Force to sense.

And what he found was an immense relief: nothing.

Metaphorically-speaking, Isley could breathe easier now and allowed his gaze to settle upon the fallen beast. "Well, you can call in a medivac for me...in addition to some extra hands to help bring this carcass back to Roon. There's plenty that can be made out of that hide...and will you help me to my feet and around? I want to take a look around this cave a little more..." he said, gritting his teeth in order to get the words out. If not for the training he had undertaken during his time within the Empire, that taught him to function despite agregrious sums of pain, he would have been reduced to a moaning wreck.

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"]

Eldoc felt sort of responsible so when the rocks were moved he made his way to the man known as Isley. " Stay still a moment. " That was when he did something he rarely did. He called upon something he learned long ago. He began to use the force to heal what he could of Isley's wounds, at least enough to make it so he didn't bleed out or some other foolhardy way to die due to his insistence at staying around. " You should really just medevac out We can tend to the beast and the cave." Eldoc said finely able to take a look around now that the dust had cleared. He stopped his healing and nodded to Isley, offering him a hand. " Here take my arm, lets get you looking around since you are so insistent

[member="Isley Verd"] [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]

EmKay

Atretes nodded and holstered his pistol, which had remained in his hand for most of the time. He activated his Templar ring's distress beacon and took another look at the dragon. He gave a wry grin at the memory of Sigma felling the monster. It was like a vivid dream, like he was there but only along for the moving pictures. He broke his reverie and went over to the opposite site of [member="Isley Verd"] as [member="Eldoc Quasat"] was standing and offered an arm to help the armour-clad man stand.

"I'm not sure what you want to see in here, but alright." he said quietly. The cave began to fill with the distant echo of engines approaching. It was likely the MedEvac on its way to the distress beacon.

Ahani Najwa // Eldoc Quasat // Phoebe Verd // Adela Verd // Isley Verd

Taking the extended arms of both the men, Isley was eventually hoisted to his feet. Straightway, he put all of his weight upon his good leg and activated the lights on either side of his helmet. Hobbling forward awkwardly, he then began to sweep the cave, casting light over equipment and machinery that had not been touched in years. "The reason I want to look at this cave is because I know a small bit about that sort of beast...it's called a Sith War Hydra, and generally it's the type to flee rather than fight." he began, activating the thermal viewplate seamlessly. Through this, Isley could clearly see the various temperatures of the cave and focused in on a generator that hummed with a moderately high temperature. "There, let's move closer to that generator." he said, before hopping on his one good leg awkwardly.

As he attempted to guide the men forward, he then continued his explanation. "There are only two things in this world that can cause a creature prone to being 'anti-social' to fight on sight. One, it's being controled by a Sith...who would have revealed itself by now. Or two, it's a mother protecting its nest. Judging by the fact that there's a hot generator here, I'd wager that there's a bunch of eggs around here somewhere...and that's one helluva prize to take home." He grinned, amusing himself with the thought of having a personal, War Hydra. After getting his leg and arm mangled in the fight, he deserved to have a karking monster guarding his house!

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"], [member="Eldoc Quasat"]

[member="Isley Verd"]
Eldoc wasn't sure what one would want with a young hydra. After all they were terifying to behold and without someone to control them they were outright dangerous. Case and point this one he thought. He didn't mention the cave in or anything about it being his fault, he stayed silent, pulling out a flask and taking a swig. There was nothing quite like a drink of Menkaroo Whiskey to let one regain their senses. He stayed to assist Isley in moving as they ventured towards where there just might be a nest.
[member="Isley Verd"] [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]

EmKay

The young Templar noted the name of the creature and helped [member="Isley Verd"] make his way to the place he'd pointed out. It took a moment of replaying what the senior had just said for Rhoujen to actually realise what had just been said, and his mind reeled with bewilderment and excitement at the same time. He scanned the area, but couldn't see very well. There was still dust floating around, and he wasn't quite recovered from his episode yet. Still, he did wonder...

"Are there such thing as miniatures?" he asked what was supposed to be an internal question aloud. He would have liked to keep one, if it was small and manageable. He didn't want a monstrous beast, that wasn't his usual style.

[member="Eldoc Quasat"] // [member="Isley Verd"]

"Not really, no." came the response of the Mandalorian, following a pronounced wince as his bad leg struck a stray stone. Regaining composure, he continued to hop along with the assistance of his fellow Templars and ultimately came to a halt beside the generator in question...and then his helm-mounted lights revealed the prize. There was at least several dozen white, speckled eggs that closely resembled the boulders around them. However, the sheen of each egg was the giveaway, coupled with their core temperature as view through Isley's thermal vision. "However, it takes years for these things to mature normally. Most Sith make them grow quicker through special, alchemy-centric diets or straight up tweaking them. If you wanted one, it'd stay tiny for at least two years before growing to horse size. That said...we've hit the jackpot gentlemen."

At once, the roars of engines became prevalent outside of the cave. Help had arrived and lots of it...which was an exceptionally good thing. Not only would Isley receive the medical attention he required, but there'd be enough people to secure the fallen dragon and its eggs.

CSS Kothlis
Medical Bay

Maria started breathing faster just like she were frightened or nervous, and that's what she actually was. She moved her hands to the man's ribs and soon she felt some kind of a disturbance. It was not something too big, because all Maria sensed was kind of foggy and without borders. But she knew where the broken rib is, and she knew there was most likely but one way to heal it so quickly.

Maria had to start Healing. Force Healing.

"I... I have never healed anybody before..." Maria said after opening her eyes again. "I may try, but... Maybe if I do something wrong or I break your other ribs too or maybe I..." She talked fast, she was about to cry out of panic. She would have had to calm down.

Then she turned to Jala, asking, "Hey, can you Force Heal?", hoping for the positive answer.

EmKay

Atretes dipped into the Force and lifted one of the eggs so he could inspect it. He looked over its details curiously, then he set it back down just in time to be startled by the sudden yelling of people as they got to work. The Hydra was hoisted between several people and ushered out. The eggs were scanned and recovered. While all this was going on, Rhoujen tried to concentrate on the task at hand instead of getting lost in the commotion.

"Aren't you an alchemist?" Atretes asked [member="Isley Verd"], "Couldn't you, as you say, 'tweak' one to not become much bigger than ... I don't know, a Kath hound?" he asked. He was more curious to the limits of alchemy than actually being this persistent about the size of the creature. It was all new to him, and all fascinating.

Eldoc Quasat // Isley Verd

At long last, relief came in the form of a stretcher and a needle which pierced the skin of Isley's neck. Immediately, the pain-nulling medication caused the Mandalorian to relax and allowed him to breathe easier. Sure, the effects would soon muddle his senses...but for the time being, Isley felt goooood. Before being carted away with the medivac, the Mandalorian looked to the young man and chuckled. "I am indeed an alchemist...and with the right materials and resources, anything is possible. Pick whichever egg you want and I'll dwarf it for you after I've recovered...and thanks for all the help. Both of you." With that said, the medication began to take its toll and Isley relaxed upon the stretcher. The job was finished and there were quite the rewards in store.

EmKay

Atretes plucked a marker off of one of the confederacy employees that happened to be milling by and the young Templar put but a small dot on the egg he'd already touched with the Force. He capped the marker and put it in the pocket of the next medical employee to walk by. He gave a little grin and staggered a bit as he tried to spin on his heel to walk out like he usually did. One of the medical staff saw his woozy appearance and quickly snatched him up to get whatever treatment they thought he needed.

Eldoc Quasat // Isley Verd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom