Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebirth - Jedi Praxeum [Open to all Jedi]

if they're watching anyways
Kirie Kirie
"Yeah. Familiarity has been... limited for me lately," she said, before shrugging off the sentiment. "As for laying low, ah- I was thinking the opposite, actually."

Her gaze dropped. "Everything with Solipsis- well, if I'm being honest, I might need a bit more time to... recover," she admitted. "But I don't feel like my place is in the New Jedi Order, or even in another Order, like this. As much as I respect Romi, I just wouldn't feel comfortable.

"Do you ever feel like that?"
she asked, knowing that Kirie did.

A man can change his stars
It seemed like Romi had this all planned out. Including others that may have joined us. Which were interesting gathering. Though I'd keep this voice to myself, it was clear the reason I needed to be here, was not just for help, but Romi is always wanting to teach. A smile brightened my face ever so little as she made a compliemnt of herself, and me. Mentioning how I had done enough with what she had taught me. On top of this new lesson being the usual.

Trial by fire style.

It was her way. Every Padawan she had under her had befallen the same style. Trials by combat, and training. It was the first of any trial given to her students. Even when speaking to her in the past of she, she always mentioned of needing to trust that we, would be able bodied, and with the capability to defend ourselves. Considering I am still alive, it should be a testament to that. But for now, we had to focus on the objective.

Others joined us. A Master as well as a representative for Matsu Ike. Hearing the name before, I knew who they were. Silver Jedi. While I did not agree with the actions of many of their members, I respected them as equals because of how long they have been in the Galactic forefront. However, I knew little of this other Jedi Master. Vanagor was a rather... stout figure. Clearly kept well of himself and his frame. Even under his clothing it was clear. No slouch. His presence was rather demanding, but at the same time, I could feel an ease about him.

Moving onward, I followed my mentor. She explained some kind of trap with these crystalline structures. One that would exude the light. Cleansing all that are without such alignment. I questioned it for a moment, but stuck with the plan. Taking a hold of this crystal, I held it aloft for a moment. Realizing that this last crystal would be placed in the moment that the activation would take place. The final piece. Nodding my head to her instructions once more, I moved to my position.

Breathing in, The crystal found itself moving from my hand and floating just above the ground. I'd have to drop this at the right moment, but also, prevent it from leaving the area it would be at. Breathing in, I found my eyes floating over to Romi. Performing such a task. It was a rare thing to see such actions. Normally, it was combat that I saw her in. Her ability to stay in the fight no matter the cost, since day one, birthed a respect from her that I couldn't give to anyone but a rare few.

Yet, she called out my name. It snapped me back to reality of the situation.

"Pull!"

As though I was some kind of guy who was going to shoot a clay pigeon out of the air, I called for her to do it. I was ready. And as soon as she did, I threw down the crystal. Using the force to keep it in place as I relinquished my hold of it, and instead, focused upon Romi. I knew I had too. The flow of the force welled upon her position. My own ripples within, inhibited her. Prevented her from reaching it. It was a moment to think.

"Take it!"

Outstretched hands, I could feel the burning of my skin. Purification. Sterilization. It burned through me as I gave her all I could. My skin reddened, brightened through all the light that came from within. It was what I could give so that it wouldn't fail. The force was without finite limits. She, had them. It could break her. Of all that has happened, I was not going to let it transpire. Without a second thought, stuck in the middle, I took the shot.

Romi Jade Romi Jade Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Gi Gregain Gi Gregain

Zahira Trabalos

Z

It appeared Zahira had indeed threatened to interrupt the man she believed to be Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser and the Ithorian Master, but they did not falter in their discussion, either unaware of the woman addressing them, or too engulfed in their discussion to allow an interruption.

"Hmm..." Zahira huffed, a bit put off at being ignored, but then understood as Starchaser and the Ithorian settled to the ground to engage the Force in some task. They had been in a very serious conversation after all. Leaving them to their work, the Knight continued to make her way towards the Temple, amind the myraid of ships and people as the cacophony of industrious workers filled the air. She entered the nearest entrance.

There was a subtle sense of unease, the undercurrent that lingered of the Darkness in the place. That would soon be dispelled, once the Jedi cleaned it up. purified it and filled it with those who followed Light. The scholarly jedi was not very handy with her hands, and wondered if she had arrived too early, if there were anything she could do at this stage to help, other than a spare pair of hands. She had wandered down several halls, past those carrying refuse out or bringing fresh materials inside, when she glanced in a side room. The large, bright splash of color caught the her eye, and Zahira entered to find a petite woman, hands stained with the same colors on her hands, stood examining the wall.

"It is quite lovely." Zahira said, noting how beautiful but out of place the mural seemed in the dull colors of the abandoned temple. It would fit it better when the transformation of the structures had been complete. "It brings a sense of hope to this place." The Jedi Knight commented, admiring the artwork.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

toppng.com-color-splash-png-1169x587_1.png

"Hmm?"

Iris turned her head, looking towards Zahira Trabalos with a mildly surprised expression. Oh, right. There were other people here. A brief smile formed as she nodded, turning her gaze back towards the mural she'd created. "Is that what you see when you see this? I hope others see the same." No world of color should be kept to just one person. The petite woman reached a hand up, idly stroking her chin and promptly covering it with fresh paint.

Given how much of her was covered in paint, though, this wasn't anything new.

"It feels like it's missing something, though. No matter how many colors I put on it, I still see the grey." Grey being the runes underneath, not that she explained as much. Forgetting that no one else could see this world of color, she just reached out to touch over where one of the runes was buried. "I think light would be better, here. Don't you?"

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in the landing bay, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music", "Aricsias" Wookiee Clan (pops in and out of posts)
Tag: Romi Jade Romi Jade Kal Kal Gi Gregain Gi Gregain

cSWcYA3.png

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.” - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.​

You got it.

Taking the two crystals, at first he thought that she wanted Kal to put down the first crystal, but soon realized that this was not the case. Caltin didn’t need to ask what this was for, though he had never participated in a cleansing ritual(at least not to this extent, he previously just watched), he knew why it was happening here. The big guy was here for all that happened, when the Sith Eternal attempted to invade, when The Red Dragon fell to the ground. All of the death and destruction in and out of the Temple...

… he was here.

Again, the big guy only watched the last ritual he had been around, but a key to the success of this was lining up the crystals properly and that took time. The first one lined up with Kal’s almost down the millimeter, mainly because Caltin was anal about it. The second one was easier as he could line it up with his own. It looked like Kal’s would be the key to setting the ritual in motion. This made sense as the massive Jedi Master set his own down. This would work, Romi was a badass when it came to just about everything, not to mention the fact that she was drop-dead GO*

They get it!

Stepping back, Caltin could not help but whisper something apropos...

"First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right
By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight.
"

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

While Ishani watched with increasingly wide eyes, the group standing by the blonde woman proceeded to enact some sort of purification ritual involving a crystal and the Force. The resulting light show sorta resembled a club rave, just without the sleaze or the blast of body odor whenever somebody raised their arms.

Not that she was close enough to get a whiff, mind you.

She waited until it seemed like the ritual was finished before she grinned and started clapping enthusiastically. "Yeah! Get it!" she exclaimed, whistling her appreciation.

Mishel Kryze

M
Mishel felt the presence of those familiar to her here, and as she headed toward the Praxeum proper. She couldn't help but get the feeling of hope that as she once more stepped in with those to rebuild. There was something about this process that felt just a little bit different from before. She exhaled as she walked past a few groups but for Mishel this was less about remembering the past or moving forward and more about the here and the now. She invited an old friend Marakai Al'Orren Marakai Al'Orren and as much as Alessandra had been taking care of Mishel, Mishel insisted that Alessandra live a little. Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed spent so much time on Naboo - that Mishel even wondered if the younger woman even remembered what the stars looked like.
While she knew her sister had an affinity for the dark side... A little time among the light would do her good, for a lot of different reasons. Some distance away she knew Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser was working on agriculture, and no doubt Romi Jade Romi Jade was doing what she did best and that was training more Padawans. Thus, Mishel thought to do what she could do - what she could contribute and so she found a clearing with a decent view not too far from where everything else was being built. The Tygaran found a spot amongst the trees and took a seat among the bramble, ignoring the prickly feeling that came with it.
Mishel crossed her legs and began to focus on the Force, meditating on what she wanted to build here. Her mind-clearing, emptying of thoughts she focused on only the song of the Force. She wanted a gathering place, a place where people could come, enjoy one another's company but still be connected to the beauty that was nature. Far too often, people - even Jedi placed value on material items, property, and less on the values that represent their way. Once more Mishel channeled the old Eldorai religion and around her, the Force responded.
Rocks rolled out of the way, logs moved into place, the leaves danced away and the wind whispered words of wisdom, bringing with it the feeling of hope and renewal. Whilst logs from a far rolled toward the clearing, small pieces of bark began to tie around them as the ground shifted making way for the assembly of the Praxeum's gathering place.

Zahira Trabalos

Z

It appeared Zahira had indeed threatened to interrupt the man she believed to be Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser and the Ithorian Master, but they did not falter in their discussion, either unaware of the woman addressing them, or too engulfed in their discussion to allow an interruption.

Zahira studied the curious, beautiful mural. It was unusual in an aesthetic way, how it suggested motion, both outward from the center, but could also be motion inward. In Either case, the artwork suggested both power and light. the Jedi Knight's gaze shifted, almost reluctantly, from the colorful mural to the young woman. A small smile graced her lips.

"I don't see the gray beneath."
Zahira commented, taking a step forward, eyes narrowed as she watched the young woman trace unseen symbols. "But this place needs all the 'light' it can get."

"I'm Zahira."
The woman offered with a small bow. "You are a gifted artist."

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

toppng.com-color-splash-png-1169x587_1.png

"Grey.. Dark, I think. That's what it's called, right? Of the.. Force. Yes." Iris hummed softly as she tried to remember her lessons. How much did she really pay attention in class? Not much, now that she did think about it. The young girl shrugged, pulling her hand from the symbol as a new layer of wet paint clung to her fingertips. "Oh. I'm Iris. It's good to meet you." She held out that hand for Zahira Trabalos, smiling warmly.

wWNP9w5.png

S E E K E R
Quietly, as if a shadow given life, a figure approached the temple. The man walked alone, clad in armor adorned with a fur mantle about his shoulders. He walked without a helmet, revealing a face nearly as pale as the white plate he wore. He walked slowly, reverently. He was a man that knew the history and the sacrifice of where he walked. The figure paused at the entrance to the temple, laying a hand on the wall. His eyes closed for a moment as the Force called forth a memory. A shattered one, but a memory none the less. The man had been...out of sorts, at the time. His memories of this place were not his own, but his son's.

He sighed quietly as the memory ended, and his hand curled into a fist against the wall. His mouth closed from the involuntary deep breath that had accompanied the memory. His eyes opened, and he looked around the entry way. Still very much a Sith structure, but one that had been reclaimed by the Jedi. He waited for a moment as if collecting himself, then stepped forward into the temple. He'd been here once before. He could not remember why. But he knew that whatever he'd come for had not left with him. Knowledge, perhaps? Or was there something else?

He walked further within, unsure of what exactly he sought. The Jedi were already within, and milling about. Beginning to rebuild after the Bryn'adul. Perhaps that was what he was meant to partake in? His stance carried him with confidence, the lightsaber upon his back almost daring those around him to challenge him. And yet there was a hesitance about him. He did not belong here. Any Empaths would easily see the man thought himself among enemies. Not that he meant them ill. No, that he expected the opposite. They meant HIM harm. He moved quietly, carefully. As if to avoid invoking the wrath of his impromptu hosts. The Force called him here for a reason. Now all he had to do was figure out what that reason was...

Open to interaction
0mHCE6Q.png

cSWcYA3.png

Kirie nodded at Auteme's words. She could relate to the feeling of isolation. She too had felt the sting of rejection that came with standing against the Order to defend her principles. Beyond that, and in typical fashion for her, in the process of easing herself into the New Jedi she had made no friends, found no confidants, and had no one to share her doubts.

Unless you counted Auteme, Kirie supposed. Almost shamefully, she pushed down the feeling. Why would Auteme consider her a friend, as anything more than a colleague, a fellow Jedi?

Looking up, Kirie realised that she had been silent for slightly too long, and hurriedly blurted out a response.

"Uhm... Yeah, I know what you mean."

Going slightly pink, Kirie took in a breath and went on a little more evenly, not quite understanding why she was even embarrassed.

"I have. Had thoughts like that I mean. Every day I spent in the temple I couldn't shape the feeling that what we were doing as Jedi, what the Alliance was doing was deeply wrong somehow. I still can't put my finger on what it is beyond what I've testified to the Senate. I guess I feel like the Alliance, the Jedi, in my head they were these pure, amazing things fighting for justice and good in the Galaxy. Now it just feels messy and... Confused." Kirie shrugged. "I guess it's not all it cracked up to be."

Kirie paused again, seemingly deep in thought, and when she continued her voice had a slight faraway quality.

"You know, when I was younger I used to be a pacifist. Despite how dangerous my work was I committed myself to never hurting another person. It wasn't until I got caught up with the Jedi, in rebellion, that I put my principles aside and fought."

"Looking back on it, it kind of feels like they took away part of who I was."

It felt good to voice her doubts, but her words were still slightly guarded, not revealing the full extent of her thoughts on the Jedi.

"I know what you mean, about needing time to heal. I spent years running from the things that damaged me. It helped I guess, giving myself space. But I've been isolated and alone for so long. Lately I've been trying not to run away. I want to stay, and to try and fix things. Right now that seems impossibly difficult.”

This place felt...comforting.

After landing on Ossus a few minutes prior, the Knight knew that it was the right choice to come here. He was glad that he took up the invantation by Master Romi Jade Romi Jade . The whole interrogation process he had gone through only a handful of hours ago was tiring. But only after that did he realize a break was needed from all the war and politics. He just needed to be a Jedi.

Walking into the Temple, the man saw some familiar faces moving around, either mingling with others or getting work done. It looked like they were on the final stages of getting this place up and running. He couldn't remember the last time the Galactic Southwest was free from war, let alone having any Jedi there. A new era was upon them, and they were going to make the most of it.

Aimlessly, like a child in a museum, the Knight walked around and explored the Temple. Slowing things down was nice, and now was the time to do so.

Open For Stories!​

The two were connecting. Ithorian and Mirialan, Jedi and Hunter. Their conversation, their minds, the tunnelvision of a tired writer, they had not seen the one Zahira Trabalos. The Ithorian had noticed her as the pair had entered their meditations, their focus towards the goal of setting their intention to this world. Jared, on the other hand, he was laser focused. For a Hunter, when it came to a place where he wasn't actively on a hunt? It made things a bit easier to swallow.

As he was focusing on purification, that was a part of what he knew to do AFTER a fight. The first one to reach to her was Vooltroo, the master Ithorian, as they were focusing on the world, and on dragging more light into the area. A comforting vision, an air of hope.

Jared, if Zahira was feeling any of this, would be much like his father, laser focused, prodding and tearing away at any sign of the darkness, to make way for the vegetation that was still on the world, the vegetation they were hoping to bring.

The hope. The light.

wrappingpaper.png
Tags: Mishel Kryze | Kyyrk Kyyrk
Equipment: Merciful Ship | Mainju

She knew exactly what the stars looked like, thank you, very much.

"Fething hell, Mish."

The svelte brunette affectionately cursed her sibling while her ship descended through the atmosphere as if it was made of liquid. She had received a missive to meet the young woman far from Naboo but it was only when the last set of coordinates pinged in the flight plan that she realized where the trajectory lead. Ossus. Of all places—Why there?

The counter of proverbial coin kept her to her own and managed crises that arose from financial affairs. The struggle between the light and dark was beyond her scope. It had to be. The crystal that sat around her neck ensured that the truth of her nature remained buried, yet, she still felt as if she were at odds with one that she loved most. It was strange. It was Alessandra that followed their mother into the shadow and flame, but it was also Alessandra that remained practical. Mild.

It was she who tried to keep their family together.

Who loved her sister unconditionally and without ever questioning her birth, nor, her return.

Perhaps, those were the traits of a Sith.

That wasn't to say that she was perfect and it didn't excuse her temper in the slightest…But it was concerning. Was she a poor influence on Mishel? Was she the reason that the young woman seemed to struggle so hard to hold onto the Light that she cherished?

So many questions. No answers.

Friendly IFF exuded from her aircraft. She wasn't using a stealth craft, though, it was certainly capable of keeping the Minister safe from harm. And it wasn't as if her sister would ever expect her to ride around in the decrepit bucket of rusted bolts that was the Princess Leia. Alessandra would never understand why Mishel wouldn't let her furnish her with a new, faster, more powerful ship. Sentimental notes aside—It was a death trap.

Ale found the Princess Leia easily enough. Then, Mishel. She was bound to her sibling in such a way that she could find the auburn-haired woman no matter what body she was in. She wore a lavender traveling cloak on top of a white blouse and a pair of high-waisted pants. She had no visible weapons nor did she seem prepared for much of anything other than meeting her sister. The former Malvern had no idea that there was something more taking place on Ossus nor did she have any idea that her sister planned to give her a healthy dose of light.

She could feel a sense of peace, however. It didn't burn. It was a simple feeling. A quietness.

It had been a long time since she'd felt anything like that.

She spotted Mishel in the middle of a clearing and felt the rest of her senses relax. Her sister had been away too long and Alessandra was worried. She wasn't really adjusting to her new body very well. Over her arm was a picnic basket full of things that masqueraded well as junk food. Things that Mishel traditionally loved, only, tweaked to fit her dietary needs. "Why you've led me on this merry goose chase around the galaxy for a picnic is beyond me, Mish."

Affectionate words, again. Mishel could do no wrong in her eyes. Even, if it was very, very wrong.

Alessandra knelt down beside her and was again hit with a wave of something that seemed to echo peace. Her head ached, just slightly, but not enough to put her out.

She hesitated. Something was going on. She'd felt it since she'd touched the ground. She also felt someone else that she knew. Kyyrk Kyyrk ?

"Mish…?"

What had she walked into?

Hi there - Ale was invited by Mishel Kryze in a sibling capacity with the intent of getting a little light in her. She's not here for any sort of trouble (and she is hidden in the Force) but if anyone needs me to bow out I can easily have her hippity hoppity back up to her ship no harm no foul. Good wishes to all!

Mishel Kryze

M
Mishel had long since felt her sister's presence as she arrived on Ossus. Even so, Mishel wasn't quite finished with the gathering place or at the very least its foundations. The simple steps toward the gathering place were felt in the Force. No doubt Alessandra was wondering what this place and it was Mishel's hope that Alessandra by virtue of being here could begin to connect to the light. While her younger sister was so eager to follow their mother down the path of the dark... The Tygaran held out hope that her sister could perhaps look down the path of light. "I'll be with you momentarily, watch your head." She remarked as the final pieces of the gathering place settled themselves.
As the logs, branches and stones rolled and tied themselves into place. Mishel's aura began to quiet down and slowly she opened her eyes, "hey Alessandra," a knowing smile upon her face, "glad you could make it." It wasn't lost on her that Alessandra and brought food, quelling the earlier conversation or debate, rather that Mishel had with Lav. Slowly, Mishel rose to her feet and the aura dissipated, "this is Ossus."
"Or what's left of it, but the Praxeum is hoping to rebuild, come let us enjoy such wonderful treats that you have brought from halfway across the galaxy," a gesture toward the now assembled picnic area, "this is where the future of the Jedi, at least this is the hope, will arrive - to learn, to grow and where current Jedi might find relaxation and rest. If Tellu were here she'd have blessed this place by now, but I am not worthy of such a calling."
Mishel gave her sister a soft, warm, familial smile, "and I definitely appreciate you coming all this way. I wasn't sure you would, I hope the journey treated you well." No doubt this was a side of Mishel that Alessandra scarcely saw. "I can walk with you and introduce you to the others later." Of course, she couldn't have known too well that Kyyrk Kyyrk might also notice Alessandra's presence but then Mishel would encourage it so that she could study the man further and do some more digging. Until then, she sat beside her sister on the rolled-out picnic blanket.

if they're watching anyways
Kirie Kirie
Auteme was startled by how much she related to Kirie's words. She was silent for a little while, then laughed for a moment before stopping herself. "Sorry, I- we're the same. Gosh, that's so weird."

She shook her head. "Like- I still say I'm a pacifist. Violence should never be the answer, and wars benefit no one. But at some point, after watching my friends come back from the field, wounded -- knowing that by sitting back, holding myself away from acting, I might be doing more harm than good. And when I acted, I always wondered if I was just perpetuating a cycle of violence.

"I've never killed anyone, but- near Ziost, the Prosperity was attacked. I pushed a Sith soldier, and Okkeus- he's a New Jedi, I'm not sure if you've met- he killed the soldier. I couldn't keep my hands clean. I was an accomplice. It really shook me. Honestly, it's something I should be going to therapy for, even if most Jedi just... barely think about that sort of thing.

"But it got me thinking about what place our ideals and principles have in our lives -- not just for Jedi, but for everyone. I don't want to keep ideals that stop me from doing what's right, nor do I want to fail my ideals by doing something wrong." She stopped for a moment, before resolving to get to the point.

"The reason I came here is- well, for you," she said. "I don't think I can be a Jedi right now, so I've... decided I want to try something else. I have, ah, intentions for higher office. The Alliance is... unbalanced, and I want to try to fix it. But I want someone to keep me on track, too -- and I thought that someone might be you."

wrappingpaper.png

Deep chocolate orbs watched while objects moved through the clearing of their own accord and she settled back on her haunches for the moment. She figured that if she stayed close to her sibling, she would provide less of a target for her impromptu dancing twigs and logs. The hills were alive, indeed. Alessandra didn't know why she'd been pulled across the galaxy but it would have hardly been the first time. Her elder sister had a way about her—And Ale never refused.

"Take your time…", she breathed out, mostly, just watching. She had gotten used to Force Users a long time ago. It happened, living with one. Her gifts were specific. More than anything she acted as a conduit to amplify other sensitives, though, she could manage a few other things. Shields. Scrying. Flame. Rituals. Mishel was beyond her in that regard. Far, beyond. "…You know I'll always be here as long as I'm able…"

"Everything all right?"

Of course, she brought food. Mishel spent so much time trying to take care of others that she always seemed to forget about herself. That was the rule. Mish had to come by her flat on Naboo for at least one good meal anytime she was in the area. Though, Ale liked it when she stayed. It gave her someone to talk to that never really judged her. No matter what. "I noticed that…", the fact that it was Ossus. Mishel got up, but Ale stayed where she was for the moment.

The Praxeum.

Elegant brows furrowed together for a moment as she tried to recall the name. It sounded awfully familiar. In a flash of insight, she realized exactly what it was that had been itching in the back of her mind ever since she'd stepped foot from her ship. Jedi. The planet was swarming with Jedi that were good and pure as fresh-fallen snow. "…Mish…The Praxeum? The Jedi, Praxeum?"

Something told her that most of them wouldn't be happy to see her.

Some were tolerant. Understanding. Some were a little more severe. The Ashlan Crusade, for example, were more than a little militant.

Alessandra had never personally met @Tellu Talon but there wasn't a soul in the Confederacy who hadn't heard of her after the purification of Hoylin. Had she just crashed some sort of Light Sided shindig without realizing it? Despite the crystal around her neck that hid her force sensitivity, she felt as if she stood out like a sore thumb. Mishel seemed so sure of herself, so easygoing, but Alessandra was understandably a little concerned. "…If you…Think they would want to...Meet me?"

So, confused.

Nevertheless, Mishel returned and began to roll out the picnic blanket and the Minister moved to help her. She'd brought far too much with her for just the two of them anyway. Once the blanket was smoothed Ale sat down and tucked her legs beside her. She pulled the basket between them and opened the lid to reveal small plates and utensils—bottled organic fruit juice. No added sugars.

"How have you been?"

wWNP9w5.png

S E E K E R
Kyyrk paused, feeling a tug at the back of his mind. It couldn't be. He turned, almost expecting to see her behind him. But she wasn't there. Kyyrk's brow knit together. He was seeing things. He had to be. There was no way she'd come all this way. Not when she was so adamant that he should return from his venture to the Scar Worlds so soon. But as he continued to tour around the academy, he eventually arrived at a small balcony looking out over the surrounding area. He paused upon the railing, closing his eyes as he relished the feeling of wind in his hair. He felt it again. Kyyrk. As if his name was being carried on the wind. His eyes opened, and he looked down at the grounds below him.

And like a vision in the Force, there she stood. Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed had ventured this far out after all. She was flanked by Mishel Kryze, who seemed to be carrying a large basket of sorts. The appearance of a blanket confirmed that the sisters were out for a picnic. He turned from the railing, and made his way through the temple back to the entrance. If there was a friendly face among the crowd, he may as well start there. He moved through the trees quietly, almost afraid to disturb the peace within the grove. As he drew close, he could hear Mishel telling her sister of the Praxium, and Alessandra voicing a concern of her meeting them. His brow furrowed. Why would Alessandra have concerns about meeting the Jedi? Unless...

He pushed the thought from his mind, and moved forward closer to the blanket. "Rest assured, Minister, if they will grant me an audience, they will grant you one as well." He offered Alessandra a friendly smile, before turning to Mishel and offering a nod of greeting. "Kryze. Always a pleasure to meet you when you're not on the run." Kyyrk still wasn't entirely sure what had happened on their first meeting. Just that his wonderful chat over coffee with Alessandra had been interrupted by Mishel crashing through the door as though Darth Nihilus himself were after her. "Wonderful day for a picnic."

Mishel Kryze

M
There were days where Mishel could scarcely understand her mother's mood swings, and then there were days like today where she could understand completely. She didn't immediately see red, but she was close to it. Instead, Mishel accommodated the strange man and then remarked. "I seem to be at a disadvantage good sir, and I must add that I do not like your implication." It wasn't that she didn't know him, she didn't and it wasn't that she felt like he knew more about her than she wanted. It felt like an instruction, "and sister, be assured the Jedi Praxeum is open to all who seek refuge and knowledge." Even if the man before her should be fileted alive for intruding on time with her sister.
Then she studied him longer, "oh yes, you were that little fellow on Naboo. My apologies, I had been investigating ruins there of which I'm sure you can read in my report about Naboo's history with the Force along with the legacy of Amidala. It's on file with the Praxuem, actually." Mishel scarcely touched the food which for her sister, she was sure, was quite alarming. "All the same, if you would please introduce yourself so that at the very least we can both be on a last name basis, and I would ask that you refrain from addressing me as Kryze." There was venom in her words, he had struck a chord and the viper was ready. Lingering behind her polite smile and tone, was someone ready to take his head off.
She had never been referred to by last name alone, and if she had - it was by those she knew closely, who even then. Knew better than to address her with the name of the dead. The air might have grown thinner and colder around the picnic area. Mishel was grateful now that she would not proclaim herself as anything but a practitioner of the Force who at times leaned heavily toward the light. "It is in fact a wonderful day for a family picnic." If anything Mishel would excuse herself as to not allow her bitter, dark side half take control of the situation. Then of course, she thought this stranger would win, and she couldn't have that.

wrappingpaper.png

She felt it again.

The slight ebb and flow of the Force that always happened when a certain Knight was nearby. It was subtle, truly, to the point where if she were distracted, she would likely miss it. With the way her sister wove a web of light throughout the clearing she could only hold her breath and watch it unfold. It was like watching a dozen little lanterns link together threads that were just a little too bright.

It was hard to look at, but she couldn't not look. See.

Her focus was stolen from the quiet sensations that rolled through the wooded area and chocolate eyes snapped up when an all too familiar voice interrupted. For a moment, her chest felt like it had seized. He didn't know. He didn't know that she was the anathema of everything her sister was trying to build here. That she didn't belong. Alessandra coughed, carefully, and was actually grateful that Mishel stepped in until she realized that the content between the two wasn't exactly friendly.

What had she missed?

"Do you two know each other?"

Alessandra felt a tenseness beginning around the base of her spine and she knew well what it meant. Something that Kyyrk had done, truly, struck a nerve with her sibling. She had spent the majority of her formative years wishing that she had a sister. Someone to talk to. Only, to find out that it was true. Mishel had nearly drained her of all energy on Tatooine without knowing it. Without knowing she was there at all—Such was their innate connection.

When Mishel was unhappy? She knew.

"It's my fault…", Alessandra started, quickly, interrupting before it could get worse. "Mish, this is Knight Kyyrk. This is my sister Mish."

"Mishel."

The quick correction felt out of character for the Minister. She was a little out of her depth, twice over, and the fact that they were on Ossus surrounded by Jedi didn't really leave her feeling at ease. She could count numbers all day, predict the market, but navigating rising emotions that she had no concept of? Couldn't fathom why they existed? It was confusing. Disconcerting, truly, that the one person who seemed to show her an ounce of friendship (save her family) since her ex-husbands departure immediately seemed to be at odds with someone, she quietly idolized.

Mishel was free. Alessandra, was not.

She never would be.

"I didn't mean to imply that the Praxeum would act out of character. I'm just…", she trailed off, softly, while her gaze seemed to unfocus. A darksider. "An outsider."

The Minister felt a small shiver, unbidden, and instead continued to unpack some of the items she'd brought. "Why don't we all take a seat now that we're acquainted? I'd like to hear a little more about what's going on here…Especially, since it feels important."

Not to mention, plenty of food. So she could always have her mouth full—And not stick her foot in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom