Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion of Denon

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular, merely remarking on the hostile air these last few posts have taken on.
No need to be flippant about it.

As for pre-planning, the exact point of Rebellions was for them not to turn into Invasions 2.0. If that's the type of conflict you enjoy, nobody is forcing you to be here.

Kur-gal Kwaad said:
[member="Mantic Dorn"]

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular, merely remarking on the hostile air these last few posts have taken on.
No need to be flippant about it.

As for pre-planning, the exact point of Rebellions was for them not to turn into Invasions 2.0. If that's the type of conflict you enjoy, nobody is forcing you to be here.
I am not claiming anyone is forcing me to be there. I am there to help the faction, and that requires me to write in your rebellion.
I dont like the rebellion rules, nor how invasions are handled. I dont enjoy them much but I deal with them as a sort bi-product (if you will) that comes with the rest of the table.
People pushing these threads forth (like yourself) must also accept that folk dont appreciate it all the time. This is of course not true about everyone, and I am not saying that. I am merely speaking for myself (and a few GR members tired of the constant conflicts- because we are targeted more often and with more OOC at risk).

Note - I did not open complaints here. I merely asked an Ewok to edit his post.

Rebellions are supposed to have an element of spontaneity to them, separating them from your traditional invasion, no one is doubting that. Could the system use work? Definitely. This is a pilot rebellion so hiccups can be expected.

I don't understand where this "if you're not having fun, don't participate" is coming from though. As a faction member, admin, or owner, should you not feel obligated to defend your faction and those within in? Do you think you should stand by and watch someone steamroll over what you and others worked hard on, adversely affecting your faction? Put yourself in his shoes. He's responsible for the GR, which just finished an invasion from the Mandos and is now defending another invasion (which would cause a cloud break) and a rebellion close to where it's moving. At the same time. It's not fun being targeted all the time. It may be for the attackers, because nothing is at stake. But to expect people to have a zest and not be present after being targeted time and time again isn't fair.

[member="Gael bar Ammon"]

I never said anything of the sort. My statement originates from the idea that we're here to have fun, and once we stop having fun, so does everyone around us.

Believe me, I know how [member="Mantic Dorn"] feels. I helped run two factions around here for the better part of a year, and a large chunk of that occurred simultaneously. But that's the downside of being a Major faction. Especially one as recognizable and legendary as the Galactic Republic. Threads and plotlines will naturally gravitate to these parts, because its what people know and love. If you are unwilling to deal with the risk, stress, and chaos of owning territory on SWRP, then there are simple solutions for that.

Last thought; while a FO is certainly responsible in part for their faction, they aren't its be-all-end-all. Sometimes people can't or won't participate in certain threads, and that's fine; that's what the other 30 members are for. A faction is not its leadership, but rather its membership.

Anyway, /harangue. See you all IC.

Kur-gal Kwaad said:
[member="Gael bar Ammon"]

I never said anything of the sort. My statement originates from the idea that we're here to have fun, and once we stop having fun, so does everyone around us.

Believe me, I know how [member="Mantic Dorn"] feels. I helped run two factions around here for the better part of a year, and a large chunk of that occurred simultaneously. But that's the downside of being a Major faction. Especially one as recognizable and legendary as the Galactic Republic. Threads and plotlines will naturally gravitate to these parts, because its what people know and love. If you are unwilling to deal with the risk, stress, and chaos of owning territory on SWRP, then there are simple solutions for that.

Last thought; while a FO is certainly responsible in part for their faction, they aren't its be-all-end-all. Sometimes people can't or won't participate in certain threads, and that's fine; that's what the other 30 members are for. A faction is not its leadership, but rather its membership.

Anyway, /harangue. See you all IC.
Ihave never and will never pose as the sole GR will. On the contrary, I was elected to be FO because folk wanted someone to take a few ooc fights. The members write the stories and push the faction forward, not I.
I am simply put just doing what I was hired for.

And again, I am not complaining about the stress. Sorry if it got to you.
I am however pointing out that you folk need to understand that while you seem to have fun not everyone agrees with that these rebellions invasions are fun, but that they are necessary to take part in unless lots of hard work by the faction is spoiled.

Bottom line, just as we in the GR have to deal with being targeted in these threads over and over again, or dont take part in them -- You folk need to deal with the fact that those you attack (in this case I only speak for myself) likely will consider your rebellion a troublesome necessity to take part in, and not necessarily what would have been prefered.
That is something that you need to deal with just as much as the other way around.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
*reads this thread*

o_O''

635897858239925488845563192_Anchorman.gif

[member="Khallesh"]

After you shot me with your bug-knife, I went after you :p

But don't worry, just ignore it anyway as I'm dropping the thread. I'm really not enjoying this anyway. Sorry [member="Mantic Dorn"] but rebellions, invasions etc aren't fun for me with this character.

Empty Promise
Valiens Nantaris said:
I think you and Warok the Defiler have gotten into a spinning death spiral of blaming and demanding the other person edit.
Actually, I don't believe I've ever asked him to edit.

However, every time I make a post, he asks me to, lol.

[member="Mantic Dorn"], as of right now I'm not editing. Please PM me further with your concerns and I'll reconsider. My rationale is that Warok is using a power known as Speed of the Toocha. There are no special amulets I've put into play yet. Dooku v. Yoda. Small people can be fast too.

Anyway, there's a lot of people jumping in on this conversation. Maybe a lot of you don't intend to, but you're coming in as third parties without having all the details and it only adds to the confusion and angst going on. Let's not dog pile people in OOC, ok? :)

Khallesh said:
[member="Dune Rhur"]

I do apologise, notifications for tags are rubbish on this account!
Please understand I'm not upset with you for anything. It's more my frustration at finding a niche for this character. I don't want him to be a fighter so much but neither do I want him to be a Force god. Those two routes feel kind of like an arms-race with certain characters who just have to one up you. No, that isn't you, Khallesh. It's also hard to write the Lore-keeper/historian/artifact hunter as a main on a board that lately seems to revolve around combat. Anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom