Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raxis Expedition #1: Secrets of Enigma Prime (OPEN TO ALL)

Starting Location: Kessel
Objective: Supply up, shore up ship
Ship: YT-2400: The Crop Duster

[member="Kami Meran"] [member="Fedrig"]

(AT THE END THERE IS A PRIZE. MUST FINISH TO RECIEVE)

The streets of Kessel were real barren. Having bee a prison planet for so long before it's inclusion in the Silver Jedi it was a mix of new age and old Imperialist type buildings. She wiped her head with a bandanna as the droids were loading most of what supplies she had left into her ship.

She herself was sitting on a crate turning a wrench with an old friend Dax Darkstar. Dax was a Corellian, born and raised. She'd picked him up just outside the Braxtant run, from a ship that had been hit by Pirates. As such he pretty much owed his life to the small woman.

"Supplies almost loaded?" She asked Dax, keeping it real casual as she sipped a beer and turned the wrench, tightening another piece of plate over where they'd taken a nasty hit.

"Yep. Feth that round did a doozie huh?"

"Yeah, the price of saving your shebs buddy. Wanna fire up her diagnostics, see how she's doing?"

Ellie had been running into a lot of problems with the Hyperdrive. It wasn't something she would admit to anyone else though. The nice thing about Correllian Engineering was you could patch it with spacers tape if you had to. The curse? It broke down. A lot.

She had placed an add for a few extra personnel. They were going to check out the first planet on her list, Enigma Prime. Rumoured to have lightsaber crystals among other things. She wanted some of those, and to properly map the place.

She took another sip of her beer, and sat on the cargo crate in the hangar, wiping her oily hands on a rag....

It had been a little while since Bella had last been anywhere now. Last time she was anywhere, was Coruscant, exploring the Temples with a stranger trying to find a room with holocrons. All she knew was that, parts of that trip freaked her out, it took a while just to get to the room they were looking for due to all of the fallen columns in front of passageways and hallways. Then once they finally found what they were looking for, it took forever just to find the right holocron. It was either a mixed holocron of dark and light or broken.

Now she was on another trip at last. Currently, Bella had been taking a nap and woke up abruptly upon hearing the beeping on her console and she fell onto the floor of her room with a thump. Going to the front of the ship, Bella went to see where her coordinates had taken her, but she was unsure. She had a pretty good feeling of where though. Hitting a few buttons on the control panel, she looked up and recognized the planet of Kessel.. Well, she'd just have to see why the force brought her here today.

Geting up she immediately got dressed. When the outfit was given to her, it came with an awkward pair of heels, but instead of those, she wore her Jedi boots. Bella hated heels.. She put her long brown hair up quickly and prepared herself to land on the planet. It was slightly messy, but she didn't care. The young Jedi princess then landed her ship on the planet near where she saw some people nearby. Perhaps they'd be able to tell her what was going on. Maybe they could provide an adventure for her? She was a princess, but she could handle hard work. She was also a Jedi afterall. Walking over, She placed her lightsabers on her belt and her blasters in their holsters as she to the woman who was currently using a wrench on something, Bella spoke up.

"Hi. I happened to see you guys over here. Do you need a hand with loading or fixing anything?"

she asked.

~ [member="Eliza Raxis"] ~

[member="Bella Eirson"]

Well thank the force she had some company on this trip. She nodded, pushing her red bandanna up some more to keep her hair out of her eyes. There was a lot grease on her hands and some it stained her hair.

"Well thank the void someone came."

She cracked open a beer and handed it off the the young woman.

"Let's see. Jedi by the looks of ya. What can you do? Turn a wrench or swing a saber? We're headed to Enigma Prime. Supposed to have some nice crystals there but who knows what the heck we'll find. It is on the edge of the galaxy after all."

"Yo who's this?" Dax asked, coming down the ramp with thumbs tucked into his belt.

"Not sure. I'm Captain Eliza Raxis, of The Crop Duster. That's Dax my first mate."

"YT-2400. They don't make ships like that anymore."

Trin was on the central walkway as she gazed at the Crop Duster, noting the probability of its aging and how it seemed pretty banged up. She's been through a lot, she thought as she slowly approached [member="Eliza Raxis"].

Trin was wearing her Duraplast/Alum Mandalorian suit, but carried her helmet beneath her underarm as she calmly approached, her stance indicating she had no intention of hostilities. Her own hair was tied together with a grey steelcloth bandana herself, which spread across her forehead and covered the better part of her head like a cap. Her skin was fair, but her face was notably tanned and sand-blasted.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you had a story to tell. Where you off to?"

[member="Bella Eirson"]

[member="Trin Halleck"]

As Trin entered the bay and joined them her eyes roved over that armor. She had just revisited the old Raxis homestead on Mandalore, but seeing one of them so far out here in Silver space was a strange sight. She grinned and clasped forearms with her sister in arms.

"Yeah it's been around. I like to take her to the limits of the Galaxy. But where are my manners? Suc'cuy Ner'vod. Captain Eliza Raxis, Clan Raxis. What clan do you hail from? We are takin' her to Enigma Prime. Right on the edge of the map!"

what was it with mercs and old ships?
yt2400's were ok but well they were ancient for a reason.
" look if im getting on this bath tub i'm going to go and run a diagnostic and repair this before the wishful thinking holding it together runs out." thew mechanic joked as she brought on her own gear on bourd.
she heard [member="Trin Halleck"]'s comment on the ship " That's becaise thay have limited sheilding and the solid state fuel tends to break threw the tank shielding and flood the cabins with toxic gases. hell the ships i make even have better cargo space. " she mummbled...
damit she forgot something..
what was it??
" OH INTRODUCTIONS I FORGOT THAT. " she yelled that eas the problem with being a Arkanian you have an Arkanian brain and with that Arkanian autism.
" Kami Meran Mandalorian, assassin , inventor and Alor."
[member="Eliza Raxis"]

[member="Kami Meran"]

"Well Kark me! Alor Meran, Eliza Raxis."

She nodded to the other woman, adjusting her blue flight suit.

"Yeah come on in, you can fix whatever ya like. Though between you and I, we have a little Hyperdrive issue. Would you mind having a look at it? I replaced the core but I can't for the life of me figure out what the feth is wrong with it."

She liked this chick. She was bold, just like herself.

"Come on aboard everyone!"

She led them up into the ship. Some of the others might splinter off, but as for the red bandanna woman, she led Kami to the engineering bay.

"Well here she is. In all her glory."

Kami missed [member="Eliza Raxis"]'s sarcasm she tended to do that mut still plated off missing them as being immune to them.
" Tell me am i supposed to be impressed or morn full? this thing is like a Zaberak war pony after a hutt rode on it. look if you like this ship give me a call after this and i'll have my crew refit the ship. " sahe said letting her mind wander and note over 100+ faults just by visual.
" so this expedition. if i am going to be investegating i'll need to inow a little about it." she said removing her helmet.

[member="Kami Meran"]

She chuckled, tucking her hands into her flight suit and watched Kami surveying the dozens of pipes and mangled wires of the Engineering bay. The ship wasn't much, but it had saved her shebs more times than she could count. She liked it and it's rustic look.

"I don't know anything Kami. That's why I am going there."

Just then her copilot Dax checked in.

"We got her running power, but yea. that hyperdrive though."

"Not an issue, we can still jump without it."

She turned back to Kami.

"Will you be needing my assistance or are ya going to fix it yourself?"

she looked to [member="Eliza Raxis"] " oh i'm going to nap. [member="Lyth Meran"] here is going to do it." she said indicating the tiny figure standing beside her.
" may i present my sister Lyth a true savant with the mechanical. " she smiled.
the little fairy looked up yo the human from its little t visor. " trust me human this'll purr like a Nexu."

[member="Kami Meran"]

"Well I damn sure hope so. Welcome Lyth, pleasure to have ya on board. Now if ya ladies will excuse me I got a ship to run."

She walked off, making her way through the cramped grey halls to the bridge. It was your typical YT-2400, with an outrigger cockpit. Kinda like the Falcon.

"What do we got goin on dude?" She asked Dax, as she settled into the plush Captains chair. Her fingers began to dance and rove over the controls, eyes reading dials and gauges. They were just about ready for launch. Despite the fact the Meran sisters were in the back working on the guts of the bird, everything was green across the board.

"Supplies loaded. I'm having the droids collect up the gear and seal the hatches. Should be ready to launch in ten."

"Good," She said, keeping her eyes on the controls and read outs.

"I fething hate Kessel. The sooner we get off this rock the better."

"You're yearning for those wide open skies again aren’t you?"

"Y'know me too well buddy. I yearn for the unknown. Now...pass me that Caf canteen."

in all honesty Kami did better with the inorganic than the organic so this was her standard procedure when on ships. Let Lyth do the talking and go look aloof ans work on the mechanics.
she did this letting her brains faulty wiring take over letting her mind simply fill with numbers.
she soon had the thing not only working but had improved it adding some updated parts still atleast the hyperdrive was working.
[member="Eliza Raxis"]

[member="Kami Meran"] [member="Trin Halleck"] [member="Bella Eirson"]

Everyone seemed at least close to ready. Regardless as she drank her Caf she was ready. Dax did a preflight check with her.

"Drives."

"Check."

"Fuel."

"Good."

"Hatches and Pressure?"

"Full."

"Air?"

"Full."

"Systems?"

"All a go Cap'n."

"All right nice."

She grabbed the comms, opening the PA system to the entire ship.

"Attention all passengers, this Captain Raxis, prepare for lift off and orbital exit!"

She hung it up, Dax fired up the drives. There was a rumble under her feet. It was a familiar feeling that jostled through her entire body. She loved this part. The thrill of the unknown, the exiting of the atmosphere. Fire wreathed around them as both the pilots ripped her up and away from Kessel. Finally they were free.

"Prepare Hyperspace jump, coordinates, Enigma Prime."

"Locked in."

"Hit it."

And then space ripped asunder as they jumped....

TFA-3-Hyperspace-jump.gif

-Chapter Two, Through the Nebulae-
lazarus-nebula.jpg
OOC: You can Jump in any time. Assume You've been with us the Whole time. I post like the devil. If ya fall behind no biggie, just jump back in and play it like you were there.
[member="Bella Eirson"]- [member="Kami Meran"]- [member="Trin Halleck"]- [member="Fedrig"]-[member="Zeraph"]- [member="Formorta"]- [member="Kiran Arlos"]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Several Weeks Later
Objective: Survive, Penetrate Nebula

The Jump from Kessel was boring. throughout the weeks or rather the month the crew had spent most of it's time just chilling, getting to know one another. Eliza had taken up reading a classic. The Life and Times of Qui Gon Jin. It was an interesting tale. Not that she was enthralled with Jedi.

The black void had a calming effect on her and the lights of the never ending hyperspace tunnel soothed her mind. She often did research through her mothers old notes. Vassara had left a wealth of info in her journals before dying. Jack had left even less but she had managed to get a hold of a few family heirlooms here and there.

The other time that wasn't spent reading was split up. She'd taken up some cooking, although she was wretched at it. Most of the time the folks were content to let Dax Cook, since he'd been a chef once upon a time. She learned to make Roux, Gravies and a cook meats with extra spicy flavor. Yea folks hated the spicy flavour too.

She'd spent considerable time in the engine room. Almost every day they would see the Captain descend into the tangle of pipes and wires, wrenches and tools clipped to her belt. It was hot and she sweated a lot. It was unusual for space.

Today most of her daily chores were done. She'd gone to the Gym, Checked the flight plan and Nav Computer, Tinkered with gears and done a bit of sparring with an old combat droid trainer. Now she was in the galley, frying up some bantha with Dax. The rest of the crew would be along soon. It was lunch time, and about noon in space.

"You got a good grasp on this now huh?" Dax asked.

"Well I should damn well hope so. Been learning from ya for a month dude so...."

"You doubt me?" He asked.

"Nah just.... feth do we have any beer left?"

"Ya, here."

Dax moved to the fridge unit, and grabbed one cracking it open and handing it to her. She took the bottle. Her hands were shaking a bit. That was weird.

"You good?"

"Nah, nervous man."

"About cooking! It's not even that serious! Most of these guys are drifters. This is the best they've ever eaten. They are more than content to eat whatever your cook Ellie."

"No it's been bothering me for a while. Ever since we plotted the jump. Enigma Prime hasn't been visited in years. Many many years. What if it's a black hole or something worse? A supernova?"

"You got them dream visions again."

"No Dax," She replied, taking a slug of the bottle.

"I just got a bad feeling about this."

Bella watched as the woman pushed back a red bandanna on her forehead as she then opened up a beer, handing it to the young girl, thanking that someone came. Accepting it, she took a sip of the beer and looked t the woman again. What she could take of Bella, she got the Jedi side art correct and then asked what she was able to do.

"I can do both pretty well. I've got sharp fighting techniques and I can be pretty handy."

she responded. Enigma Prime? Crystals? Interesting.. It had been a little while since Bella had seen random crystals just laying around on a planet. Sure she was a princess, but the main crystals she saw were ice crystals. She then looked over to a young man who seemed to be asking who the newcomer was. Bella then turned back to the woman as she introduced herself as Captain Eliza Raxis. Formal greeting it was..

"My name is Princess Aerabella Eirson of Eadun. Don't mind the princess thing though and you can call me Bella for short. It's a pleasure to meet the both of you."

she responded. Bella was hoping that the princess thing wouldn't throw them off too far and she hoped they wouldn't underestimate her for it. She could put u a fight and she was much tougher than she seemed. Bella then watched as she reunited with an old friend and other women showed up to what was going on. Soon, Eliza said for everyone to go ahead and board the ship and Bella followed everyone on. Almost in no time, they were ready to go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Few Weeks Later....
Bella had made a few diplomatic calls, but luckily she didn't have to worry too much about it. She had trusted people to take care of her job while she was gone. Though, the job was never over. All of her life experiences were all part of her duty. The food wasn't the greatest part of the experience, as Bella didn't have too much of a liking to spicy food, but she what she could of it. When Dax cooked though, there was a difference. Bella bet that Eliza was learning how to cook. Another thing Bella could do as well. She never spoke up about it, just observed. Bella could generally be found reading a book and expanding her knowledge. She generally sang as well while she read. It wasn't uncommon, as music was a big part of her life as well.

Eliza was almost always in the engine room. Bella nearly ran int her a few times while her nose was stuck in a book walking down the hall. Every once in a while, Bella would utilize the gym and make some equipment seem weightless. She was in pretty good shape for a princess. Gymnastics was a thing of hers, so she did alot of tumble runs with the space that was available.

Bella had read as many books that would be enough to stock a small library. Most of them were her own off of her own ship in a bag she had brought along that had her things in it. Currently as many times before, Bella had her nose stuck in a book until she smelled food from the other side of the ship. It smelled really good and she didn't exactly realize how hungry she was until the scent came to her.

~ [member="Eliza Raxis"] ; [member="Kami Meran"] ; [member="Trin Halleck"] ~

[member="Bella Eirson"]

When Bella entered she smiled. Despite her broody silence, she'd come to admire the Jedi Princess. She'd had her nose in a book about as much if not more than the Captain. Living on Exocron had taken her edge off her literary skill, but she had begun to retrieve it.

Their conversation was cut short as the alarm on the stove went off. The meat was ready. Tonight’s diner was mushrooms, Bantha Meat steaks, Gravy, and a strange vegetable that grew on felucia. Eliza wasn't too keen on the veggie part, but the steak was smelling good. Real good.

She engaged the Jedi in conversation, offering her another beer. There was a lot of drinking beer on this ship. It was her end of work ritual and how she killed the time.

"Yo what's up Bella? How's your book going?"

What does a sniper and artist have in common, deta
Though Formorta didn't mind others she wasn't one for large group, she had only recently joined the explorers guild to capitulate the traveling to other systems and the prospect of rare treasures that could be worth something. For the starts of the trip she had been content with minor security detail while on Kesel and spent the most of the space-trip attending to personal matters. Most of these where just cleaning and maintaining her weapons and equipment, holo messaging a certain high class client and haggling the price of a custom weapon with a capitalistic jawa. The only person she had really knew on the ships was the captain [member="Eliza Raxis"] and Dax.

"maybe i should at least introduce myself to everyone"

She was about to get up when she noticed the smell of bantha streak cooking.

"i guess its time for dinner, might as well try and be a bit social for once"

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
" Food? i smell food." lyth yelled as she flew in to the main room on her tiny glowing cybernetic wings.
" i demand 15 stakes and a half galon of Duros sauce." she said siting on the table. folding her arms.
" where's the capin? we have the hyper drive at 105% but there is some serious metal fatigue. that's the problem with durasteel." she admitted.
[member="Formorta"] [member="Eliza Raxis"] [member="Bella Eirson"]

What does a sniper and artist have in common, deta
Seeing the tiny creature come flying into the main room fro dinner and demand an unnecessary amount food from her perspective caused her to sigh slightly. It remember her of when captain [member="Eliza Raxis"] informed her of a fairy that would be coming on the trip, which she dismissed at the time as her just trying to be funny or something but seeing the so called [member="Lyth Meran"] she started to wonder why they where here.

She slowly approached the fairy making sure to take her mask off as to not scare her

"Um hey there, Lyth was it, i haven't properly introduced myself to you, I'm Formorta"

Isaac Hale

Hunter, Tracker & Explorer
Isaac didn't say much aboard the ship. He heard that [member="Eliza Raxis"] was looking for a hunter/tracker to join them on this little excursion. They were headed to a Nebula in the Enigma Prime system. He wasn't familiar with the location but it would give him some much needed time to perfect his skills.

He hadn't spoke to Raxis much, but that may change. Hale "reads" people before he talked to them, he tries to find out what kind of person they were and so far Raxis seemed alright. She made them quite the dinner before they left the comforts of the ship.

Bantha Meat steaks was a food he had before and he loved it. With the ingredients that Raxis put in; mushrooms and gravy, it smelled divine and made his mouth tingle with taste. Isaac wasn't a fan of vegetables either but he was used to it. He was used to living out in the wild eating nothing but berries and veggies at times when game wasn't available.

He piped up and his gravelly voice broke through the ship "This looks rather wonderful, thank you". He didn't mention word to the others, he had a hard time "engaging" with people and sometimes would say the wrong thing. Thats what pa used to say, guys are good at saying the wrong things at the right time.

With no further thought he piped up and added "What exactly are we looking for on Enigma Prime?" He hated dulling the lively mood that everyone seemed to be in, but Hale was only good at talking objectives and hunting with people. Maybe that will change.
[member="Bella Eirson"] [member="Formorta"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom