Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rasu Gan Master Nomination

I nominate @[member="Rasu Gan"] to be a Jedi Master.

The reasons for this nomination are the following:

The penmanship of Rasu is at a level expected of a Master. To be honest, the minimum is not much in my opinion since we are not published authors. But it still requires a note. Rasu is always clear in her posts and easy to understand. She is not one to jumble up sentences and leave readers wondering what her character's actions were. Writers will be able to understand why she deserves the title of Master just by the quality of her posts.

The creativity poured into this character is also tremendous. One look of Rasu's full biography shows how much thought the author gives to the character. The depth is one typical of a character the Writer has given originality and life to. I have no doubt that Rasu would be able to continue building an exciting, detailed character as a Jedi Master and introduce even more fresh, exciting ideas to Star Wars RP as such.

Rasu is a leading member of the Republic right now. The Writer, with Rasu, has displayed extraordinary motivation to contribute to the Faction and role-playing. Not only is Rasu active in Faction threads, yet Rasu is also always willing to extend a helping hand to those that may require training - hence the title Headmistress. Rasu has written several resources for the Faction and continues to be a contributing member of the Republic.

Penmanship, Creativity, and Motivation are the core qualities of why members are capped on this site. I am certain that Rasu has met the expectations of each quality to the level demanded of Master characters. To give an example, this is Rasu's complete retinue available on her profile page as of the making of this post:

ROLE-PLAYS:

Padawan Arc:Knight Arc:Pilgrims of Knowledge Arc (TrainingCompare this to the retinue that I had when I got Master:

For the reasons why Rasu was not voted as Master last time, I say this:

To become a Master at SWRP, it is not a question of how much time one spent on the site but how much one has done. This is just a simple hobby that does not require a commitment of years to achieve the rank of Master no matter how active one was. Rasu has clearly done far more than what was asked of me in order to become Master, so I am certain that time is not the issue for her vote - nor should it be for any vote.

For those questioning training, I would like to point out that Rasu was on par with Marek in terms of training other characters and his own character. Rasu has already surpassed the amount of training I have given as Daella before my Master vote. Not only that, but I believe that Rasu's other contributions to the Faction far outweigh any negative criticism of her character's training.

Finally, for those that feel the desire to say that Rasu is "not ready for Master," understand that even you were not ready for the title as well.

None of us really were because readiness is never a sure thing.

Yet, someone gave you the chance to be a Master and you got it anyway. You probably both learned a lot more as a Writer after the promotion than beforehand.

This was possible because someone placed faith in you.

Please pay that kindness forward.

If you still wish to vote no, then please give Rasu a reason as to why. This reason needs to be something that Rasu can improve on so that the character is at the level that you want it to be.

@[member="Arumi Zy"]
@[member="Avy Valla"]
@[member="Carn Dista"]
@[member="Diana Moridena"]
@[member="Iella E`ron"]
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]
@[member="Josiah Denko"]
@[member="Kahne Porte"]
​@[member="Karen Roberts"]
@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]
@[member="Leori Sheltrak"]
​@[member="Marcello Matteo"]
​@[member="Marek S'hadar"]
​@[member="Matsu Ike"]
@[member="Phylis Alince"]
@[member="Rianna Organa"]
@[member=Syn]

Can I just say before any of the voting begins, thank you so much @[member="Daella Apparine"]. It really means a lot to hear (well read) such kind words. It's reasons like this, that I really love this site.

Thank you all for being the best. :D

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Rasu Gan"]

I'm going to be a bit awkward here, but bare with me. Basically, rather me giving a yes or no answer in this post, I have a question for you to answer:

Why do you think your character shouldn't be a master?

@[member="Carn Dista"]
I feel like she is a very motherly person, as she takes care of all the students that go through the Academy, so she is used to being looked up too. With that said however, I feel that she will struggle to adjust to what people expect her to be as a Master. The pressure might get to her, the title wouldn't faze her, so I don't know whether that would be a bad thing or good? So I feel like why she shouldn't be, well, is because she fears that she won't live up to the expectations that comes with the title.

Hope that helps, and very good question! :D

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Fear is a path to the darkside, young Rasu :p

That said, could you expand a little more on how the fear of not living up to expectations and overall pressure might get to her?

Carn Dista said:
Fear is a path to the darkside,
Goodness you are right, and to think I've been writing about the dark side. Shame on me.

I think like any of the Masters who were once in my position, the main concern is acting like a role model to those beneath them. And I feel that with recent incidents with Rakghouls and such, that Rasu might not be the best person to look up to. With that said, I have tried to remedy this, with focus now based on more training and teaching in the hope of avoiding another incident. So with that said, it is being the role model that she knows many of the Masters are now, is what gives her some doubt.

She is already very conscious that one wrong move will again start the whole debate up again. I think that with Master title, everyone seems to watch you more closely, they take more time to focus on every action you take. You would have to make sure everything that you do is politically correct to the ways of the Order. Now I know that everyone has their little faults now and again, but for Rasu she strives to be the best she can be. much like everyone here, but what if with this new rank comes a higher risk of her putting the Order in a bad light.

That is why. Hope it helps.
@[member="Carn Dista"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom