Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank Titles Updated

The rework is finished and the Request Your Rank Titles thread has been updated.

Feel free to request new titles if ones you were using have been removed.

For the titles removed, they are now put in our vault. In the future, we might revisit making some available as Rank Tags in a future rework. Therefore, we would love to hear feedback on this update and the tags removed.

Added Titles:

AGEND.png
GOVERNOR.png

Removed Titles:
sk5eJkq.png
aUDPq5R.png
gdPccss.png

1YHogNJ.png
ZoqHoPm.png
ozldl0N.png

Ambassador.png
hbSOBgO.png
Commando.jpg
NWcICRV.png
Ek3y8Zw.png
Gunslinger.png
P4RPV24.png
Hybrid.png
dBlfVIH.png
dy8KRr0.png
ldvTTTF.png
e6jz.jpg
Murderer.png
I5Bf7Ii.png
u76tsRj.png
DC3nZdr.png
gwIJqK8.png
Princess.png
DURFxWU.png
Raider.png
V9w7chx.png
rogue.jpg
TDLMxKq.png
XUeSqlb.png
Shaman.png
erFMkBA.png
JSEoLIT.png
p5LkJ8U.png
iwvqxet.png
4qnk.jpg
QWnKXH9.png
emO4EpA.png

OmegaPyre.png
SouthSystemsSyndicate.png
TheEmpire.png
TheHuttCartel.png
vagrantfleet.png
WitchesofDathomir.png
tzlftDg_zps9e82110c.png

I6feZQF.png
wEOd6gi.png
LpQ69fd.png
Z4bHoSU.png
s3pUz7M.png
gDyJXl8.png
Zma7rN0.png
zKoVwcC.png
wq7RoWc.png
DqZwU4L.png
CDShkys.png
oWwtfSJ.png
htJYQdF.png
qCf8JtY.png

Gilamar Skirata said:
Why was Mandalore title removed?
In fact, why were so many titles removed?
They were deemed unnecessary.

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Major Faction titles will still be added and removed as we see fit, but for now, this list is it. My direction to Staff was:

"Let's start moving SWRP away from this unhealthy addiction to Rank Titles."

It consumes too much time on the back end for too little gain on the front end.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
So, my only critisism would be taking out the tags that denote certain people such as the Grandmaster or Mandalore without these leadership tags new writers coming onto the board will have no idea who is who in their respective factions without digging through thread after thread. Even among current writers, this could cause confusion when dealing with people in high up positions.

I agree with Gilamar. Major factions deserve to have faction specific tags to denote leadership. As someone who is only 2 months into writing on this board, I can attest to the help that these tags provide to new writers when trying to get a feel for the board as a whole or for a specific faction. I think that staff is underestimating these tags and that the decision to remove them should be reevaluated.

The removed tags did a lot to add pep and distinct creativity to the characters on the board. I do understand it's laborious for the Staff to continuously change these tags, but they did have value.

It was so much easier to at a glance see where someone was at, as distinctly as possible. I agree with @[member="Captain Larraq"] and @[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Is there any chance these tags will be re-added in the future? At least the ones that belong to Major Factions?

What's to stop more than one person claiming Mandalore? Or Sith Emperor? Nothing. The rank titles argued against that logic, giving the impression this forum could only have one of each. My suggestion is, for now, either title your signature or place it in your custom title above your avatar.

The rank title decisions will not be up for re-evaluation for quite some time.

Ginnie Verd said:
The removed tags did a lot to add pep and distinct creativity to the characters on the board. I do understand it's laborious for the Staff to continuously change these tags, but they did have value.

It was so much easier to at a glance see where someone was at, as distinctly as possible. I agree with @[member="Captain Larraq"] and @[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Is there any chance these tags will be re-added in the future? At least the ones that belong to Major Factions?
Anything's possible, but focusing on the now: Not any time soon.

Tefoo said:
What's to stop more than one person claiming Mandalore? Or Sith Emperor? Nothing.
Has this at any time become a problem? 'claiming' and 'being granted' a title are two different things. I would also think that common sense and a staff member arching an eyebrow and glancing over at the current Mandalore/Sith Emperor would be enough to keep random 14 year olds from attempting to declare themselves ruler of the galaxy without IC support to the claim.

I'm saying the opposite of what your post suggests I'm saying. I'm saying people can claim Mandalore even if there's already a Mandalore. What stops them is, well, the Mandalorians.

'cause Staff won't stop them. It's not our job to stop them.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Two things on your reply @[member="Tefoo"] While there is nothing stopping anyone from "claiming" the title, my argument was not for that, but to aid in easing new writers into the loose politics of the different factions, allowing them to see who is who at any one time without them having to dig through multiple threads, though Sarge did suggest to put it into my signature, that only promotes both yours and Larraq's arguments which is the opposite of what I saw the tags in the avatar section being, while the ones in the sig were quirky little extras. Being Jedi Grandmaster or Lord Protector is not a quirky little extra, its a pretty big deal.

Actually that is all. No need to reply, after all this is just feedback. Great job on revamping the new tags guys :)

Well, at least you're them keeping in the vault for now. *fixes up her signature collection*

Glad you kept most of the Force User ones. And lot of the Non-Force User ones too. Out of curiosity though, why is the dead one still there? It seems more like a fun one rather than a useful one. Ghost as a similar state does provide something more usable at least. Personally, would have considered shaman, priest or senator.

Also... you had Murderer on your list? Thought people used that only in their signatures. It's kinda cool though, at least it was up for a while :D

But you know, carry on. They're all still very purdy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom