Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank Titles Updated

You'll also notice that I'm missing my two tags as well, Yuuzhan Vong and Monster. And I stomped my feet.

But in the end, I nodded, and accepted that this is the new way forward.

@[member="Tefoo"] Gotcha. And yes, I did notice you losing both of yours. Admittedly, Yuuzhan Vong disguised as Mr. Panda pretending to be a Wookie is funny stuff. The rank bars just added to it.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"] Well, yes, that was kind my point, Ghost has a far more reasonable rank bar and it does cover dead as well. Where as real dead would be something someone puts up and then goes to the beyond. But I get what Tefoo is saying, no worries.

*randomly licks @[member="Tamara"] *

I'm not going to argue here or anything, the following is just an opinion of mine:

Sad to see the rank tag thing slowly dying... :(

To me, rank tags have never been what, as I understand judging by most of your posts, that most of you think they are. To me, having tags below your avatar is a sign of honour, approval of staff, privilege. It's not a right. It has never been that to me. Everyone can take tags and put them in the signature, but request for tags to be added/changed in your avatar area has to be approved by the highest ranking people here. That's why getting rid of the tags, in case it would happen, makes me sad. It brings anarchy into the board.

Good to see, that you have added cool tags and removed a few of the ones I don't like. :D Honestly, I thought you were going to remake every tag, but I understand it was a silly thought. It would be too much work, after all.

@[member="Darth Malificete"]
Whilst I partly agree, we never stopped anyone from having any tags they wanted except the Force user ones - and they remain our monopoly.
We let @[member="Lilicky"] have a conqueror tag. Is the Ropos a conqueror? Of biscuits maybe, but we don't moderate what people want, so there's no difference if they put the same things in their signature.
Having just done about 25 rank title updates tonight I can tell you it's much easier with half as many in the list to choose from.

Darth Malificete said:
I'm not going to argue here or anything, the following is just an opinion of mine:
Sad to see the rank tag thing slowly dying... :( To me, rank tags have never been what, as I understand judging by most of your posts, that most of you think they are. To me, having tags below your avatar is a sign of honour, approval of staff, privilege. It's not a right. It has never been that to me. Everyone can take tags and put them in the signature, but request for tags to be added/changed in your avatar area has to be approved by the highest ranking people here. That's why getting rid of the tags, in case it would happen, makes me sad. It brings anarchy into the board. Good to see, that you have added cool tags and removed a few of the ones I don't like. :D Honestly, I thought you were going to remake every tag, but I understand it was a silly thought. It would be too much work, after all.
I totes agree with you. It's not diminishing because we're evil. It's diminishing out of logistical necessity. The volume of requests has grown too large to manage for a Staff our size, so the obvious answer is either automate it or increase the size of Staff.

The latter I tried in November. It ended in disaster. Too many hands in the pot created a rift in my own trusted team and I was never able to get in front of it. I am incapable of managing a large team. It just didn't work, but we tried.

Daella and I, the resident managers of the back end of Administration at SWRP, possess limited if any coding background. PhP is required, and we don't have it. So, that nixes automation.

Which brings us to this thread. Despite being yet another burden of Staff, I do not see the current rank title system going anywhere soon.

Ropo Lord of Hoth | Supreme Comandante General
They weren't going to take the little Ropo's tags away were they? They couldn't do that could they?

There was only one course of action. Quickly the little Ropo dug out a little hole before glancing around. Gently he eased his tags into the hole before he then sat on top of it, wiggling his feet. Clearly no one would think to look under the little Ropo for his tags now; which would be safe.

@[member="Tamara"]

:: Pets [member="Lilicky"] and gives the adorable furball some Ropo Ums ::

I see I lost a tag but no big deal in the grand scheme of life. Quite a few needed to be cleaned out and I'm glad they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom