Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank Title Rework

@[member="Daella Apparine"], shouldn't faction leader tags be an exception to the rule?
They are a title which have brought more to the site and you're taking anyway from it by removing them.
And seeing as major factions are in low supply, what's the actual point of removing them?

Daella Apparine said:
Removing Faction Leader titles, since they are in use only by very few people at a time.
I think the fact that they make leaders easily indentifiable by new members makes them useful. Also it is not like updating them is a burden.

Awesome. Sounds all good to me. One question, if a person has a tag that you guys deem *not really used* Will you let them keep the tag or take it away?

*Is wondering if any of my tags for any of my characters will be gone*

Faction leader tags I think should stay, and so should faction tags really. Witches of Dathomir might be only minor now, but there are still plenty of them around and why should only the major factions get recognition?

I'm of the opinion there should be more faction tags, for the more active minor factions.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Selena Halcyon said:
I think the fact that they make leaders easily indentifiable by new members makes them useful. Also it is not like updating them is a burden.
Any user that's been on the site more than a day or two will be able to tell you who Mandalore, the Supreme Chancellor, or the Jedi Grandmaster are, and any of those who don't probably don't care anyways because the facts are so widespread and unavoidable. If updating tags wasn't a burden then a 50 post limit and a once a month limit would not have been imposed. Keeping more tags is more memory that the site keeps which is less room for threads and more crap to load and make the site slower. Unless you're wishing for faction leaders to become more identifiable to people who've only just joined or haven't even joined yet it doesn't really increase exposure to any new people. Even then people aren't going to searching through posts and examining the tags of all of the 100 or so different characters that log on every day to find who they want to find, they're going to look at the faction pages in the Factions forum or just the faction itself. Tags are not meant to make people find specific users easier, nor do they serve that purpose extremely well, they're there for looking at a character you don't know and trying to figure how to act around them at a glance.

Even I don't know who the Mandalore is at the moment. Neither I know anything about the Fringe... stuff or the Black Sun Syndicate or OP... Only recently I understood who leads the CIS and Moross Crusade... And I have been here for nearly three months during this active period. Rank tags have always helped me, because I really don't want to search for faction leaders. Many factions have more than one leaders, so I would have to go through major factions' member lists with this slow computer and slow Internet.

Yes, keeping more room for threads would be good, though as much as I have seen, these tags are really helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom