Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sasori Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
experimental_smartgun_1_by_magnum117_dd2f741-pre.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Launcher
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type:
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber resistant casing
  • Multi Weapon System: Designed with combat expertise, the molecular disruption to compact and compress the advanced weapons systems for armor into a handheld launcher. Allowing the launcher to have a wide range of capabilities.
  • True Site: A holographic site designed for maximizing the long range capabilities.
  • Tripod: Telescopic rods designed to come out and support when in sniper mode to increase the weapons stability.
  • Autosteady gyro-gimbal: Designed to work with the weapon to recover from recoil with the shots.
STRENGTHS
  • Advanced Power Source: Designed with an iso-didact power source giving it a massive and long shelf life.
  • Self Repairing: Designed with materia to repair itself over time and maintain itself even longer than most beings will use it. The weapons will be viable for generations with minimal care.
  • High Quality: Designed with the materia and exotic matter. The weapons casing is incredibly high quality in its design.
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that is long lasting but it is largely able to power the armor and systems of the vehicle but when damaged it is highly explosive.
  • Self Repairing: Built with a protective layer to patch the weapon in the event of damage. The time table is dependent upon the amount of damage with smaller tears being easier and faster to repair then gashes which can take hours to reform.
    • Note: Only the layer can repair not the full plate armor itself the plating can be damaged still but the underlayer of Laminanium can reform and remain.
  • Warping: The heat and power generated by the shots can cause excessive heat that when cooled quickly causes warps and bends. Dangerous as the damage over time to the barrels require care and replacement parts usually after every other engagement.
  • Sleg: A powerful energy enhancer, the sleg absorbs and channels the excessive heat generated by the weapons to cool and power the shots. Making them maintain a stronger level of power but also increases the chances that they could explode exponentially turning each gun into a heavy warhead that is carried by Atrisian soldiers
  • Underbarrel: While more a small problem the rail system for other rifles above and below the main barrel has been removed to engineer it more towards high functionality.
DESCRIPTION
(Describe some of the histories behind the submission. Give us some idea of how it might perform its function, what it excels against and what some limitations of it are. This is where you talk about your idea, flesh it out over at least a good-sized paragraph, and address some of the ways it might be used or abused. For especially powerful or ambitious submissions, a very thorough description is recommended.)

Built as a semi one time use with the inability to reload. The parts are able to be broken down quickly and used for spare parts if needed or the weapon itself after it is used becomes a blunt weapon to bash people with. The Ranger's design is built around a micro grenade weapon with eight casings that hold nine grenades. Small timers on them that will separate the grenades after a set amount of time reducing the effectiveness of a single grenade but creating a wider spread.

The mechanism is simple enough, nine micro grenades bound together in small clusters of three. As the grenade is fired the initial grenade will stay clustered together and after a two seconds the first spilt will divide it into three three grenade clusters able to spread out a little more. Then after four seconds the clusters will split into nine micro grenades creating a spread shot that can cover an area in small explosions. The standard ranger's biometric handgrip is applied to protect from unauthorized users using the weapons.

The grenades buckshot style allow it to make a decent spread it is harder to escape from for enemy combatants at closer them the maximum range. Against heavily armored vehicles and units it will be little to no use able to cause damage to exposed sections. Against lightly armored vehicles and speeders it creates a soft kill effect of damaging them until the vehicle can be repaired. Striking several shots in the same area can make more effective damage.
Primary Source:

Last edited:

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Willa Isard"]
Just a few questions.

Are these grenades the sole ammunition for this weapon? If so, I'll need you to go into detail about them such as strength, blast radius, and whether they're designed for Antipersonnel or Anti-armor purposes.

If not, I'll need a general list of what this weapon can and can't fire.

[member="Popo"]

Yes the grenades are the sole ammunition for the launcher. I tried to make it a quick and easy to use prepackaged disposable launcher in the vain of an AT4. Though reading the wookiee for micro grenade launcher they give range and it almost sounds like a shatter gun how they were fired without what it was used against.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Micro-grenade_launcher
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT4

I would like to designate it anti personnel and is there a lite anti armor? Like imperial speeder and At-St leg over At-At which were heavily armor. Now I am hoping that makes sense.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Willa Isard"]
Go ahead and include details on what the grenades do into the submission if you haven't already. You'll want to include things like the size of the grenade spread, grenade blast radius, how much damage they do, etc. Generally speaking, this sort of weapon would give a 'soft' kill on light vehicles like speeders and speeder bikes and similar vehicles where it would immobilize or generally render the vehicle temporarily inoperable until repairs can be made. For an example in real life, it'd do things like shred tires, sever cables, cut tubing in the engine, possibly bounce around an unarmored cab, its. I think short of all the grenades hitting the same spot (ie. Close range) you wouldn't see much in the way of explosions like you would in a Micheal Bay movie.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Willa Isard"]
Alrighty. Works for me. It's more or less an AoE/Area Denial type weapon from what I can see and it looks fairly balanced out. Approved pending secondary. Abuse and suffer the wrath of Popo on chili night under your bed.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Sasori Masquer Armor
Link to Submission: Sasori Masquer Armor
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Sasori Inquisitor Armor
Link to Submission: Sasori Inquisitor Armor
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Sasori Ranger's Armor