Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiding the Watch (Clan Shado)

"Sure, I reckon I can do this suicide mission by myself. Just need a bit of information. Can you tell me what is in the mine when I get past these 30+ guards?" Xhernai's voice couldn't suppress the joy. The thought of either killing 30+ men or the thrill of sneaking around without getting caught and killing 3 people who were necessary.

"Contain your excitement a bit, would you!!" Jezza couldn't help but smile, shaking her head. "From what I can tell once you get past the entrance you will need to move down a long corridor, be careful not to touch the walls. Michael's Intel shows that they are lined with explosives. Further down the corridor splits, I don't have much information from there. Xhernai, I am not even sure the Intel I have is correct. Proceed cautiously and carefully Utreekov!!" Biting her lip nervously, Jezza hoped like hell to hear from the rest of her aliit soon. Sending Xhernai into what appeared to be a suicide mission did not sit well with her, she hoped he would employ some common sense and not get himself killed.

Xhernai took one deep breath and peaked his head out from cover. A guard was nearing his position Xhernai had an idea. It was risky but it could work. As the guard passed him him he grabbed his shoulder and pulled him around and gave him a heavy punch to the gut. As the Deathwatch guard was bent over as a result of the blow to the gut, Xhernai then drove his knee into his temple making him unconscious. He dragged him behind cover and slit his throat with his vibroknife. No one said this would be an easy, clean job. He then stripped the guard of his armour. Xhernai then took off his own clothing and armour. "I bet you wish you were here to see this Jezza" Xhernai said into the comms link with a smirk. He then put on the guards armour. Now he could walk straight through. He took his comms link and his equipment and strapped it onto his utility belt.

Xhernai looked like he was in place as he walked through the guards as no one batted an eye at him. He was in. That easily. "It would've been a lot harder if we all went in." Xhernai thought to himself. Xhernai was in the long passage Jezza had talked about. He saw the bomb lined walls. He had another idea. It was not in his nature to ask before doing but he knew he had to. "Jezza. If I was to set off these bombs remotely would I be able to kill everyone inside, including our targets?"Xhernai said into his comms link.

"Don't flatter yourself too much, Utreekov!!" Jezza wisecracked back. The young bounty hunter was good looking, and she had come to care for him immensely in the short amount of time they had known each other. She had learned a long time ago that hers was a heart capable of loving many simultaneously and that causes issues, better to remain alone than risk conflict.
She mulled over Xhernai's questions,"I believe it could work. I see a couple problems though, possible collapse of the mine entrance being one. We don't know the status of the others, what if one them is inside or closeby. I need to think about this before giving you the go ahead."

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"] [member="Xhernai"]

Something buzzed over his helmet, then came back to silence, only to finally buzz again. What the heck was this white noise in his audio feed? Finally, something smashed into the back of his helmet as instinct came to push Cerasi out of the way. Stumbling forward, Michael quickly caught his balance and turned around only to see nothing.

Again the static came, and voices could only be mutter through the white noise. It was the team trying to speak to him, but something was blocking his com channel directly. His mind went into battle mode, no enemy in sight meant that it was a personal stealth unit carrying soldier. Probably an assassin. This person probably also had a com jammer and it was being pointed at Michael as well.

The only way to get through it would be to figure out where this enemy was and when they would attack. Another blow to the face, and this time it was towards the front, meaning it was directly in front of him. How were they this close to the ship? They were supposed to be unaware of their position, and even their coming to Arkania.

One more punch to the face, and finally, Michael reacted fast enough to grab out, taking something in his hand, and pulling it into his body. His face felt warm and tingly, but it didn't matter. His weight went down on the being, and fell over on top of them. Michael reached for what he assumed was the helmet it ripped it off. There it was, a person who finally appeared out of thin air under him. Must have had the stealth unit in the helmet. They spat at Michael, trying to fight back, and his coms came back online.

How long had coms been out? He should have known something was up.

The metal arm attached to his body came down, and smashed into the man's face, instantly crushing his nose, and cheek bones. Another, and another, and the man was pronounced dead enough to Michael.

"This is Michael, just got attacked, and hacked by an assassin. They know we are here. Everyone report in!"

"Wait wha-" as Xhernai was laying the detonators on the bomb lined wall he was surrounded by 6 Deathwatch guards all with blasters aimed at him. Xhernai swore under his breath. The thought of blowing up the whole place would take everything with him except Michael's team. But it would be almost certain that he would die. Xhernai raised his hands. Bomb trigger in one, comms link in the other. "Go back Michael. I got this. Don't risk yourself. You've got family." He whispered into the comms link. He let the guards lead him away from the bombs. That was when he triggered the bombs which shook the whole mine complex. The blast came through, almost destroying everything. Xhernai managed to survive the blast but was rendered unconscious by the heavy rocks containing diamonds as they crushed him. He was barely alive. But he had done his job. Xhernai didn't expect Michael to come save him. Xhernai wouldn't. Why waste time and risk being killed for a loud mouth bounty hunter who tried to kill you and then you have to pay him after? He had an inch of life left.

The sound of Michael's voice sounded like music through Jezza's comm, relief washing over her to know he was at least alive. "Michael, this was a set up. There are over 30 guards at the mine entrance." Before she could continue, the bounty hunter cut in. As he spoke to Michael, Jezza's blood ran cold. Memories of the night Mae died flooded over her, the bounty hunter with his own blade to his throat in an act of sheer grief and desolation. She had saved him then and was not prepared to lose him now. As she heard the sounds of the blast, a tear slipped down her cheek, "Michael, Xhernai, Cerasi... Somebody answer me!!!" Jezza's mind raced, did Xhernai survive the explosion, were the others far enough away? Jezza began grabbing her gear, she was done sitting on the sidelines. That was her aliit out there and she was going after them.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
@Xhernai @Jezza Shado

There was a moment of silence as Xhernai whispered into the coms, then a very large boom with a lot of shaking of the ground. Did the fool really just set off explosives with himself so close to the radius? Michael was on edge as he had already been half way there before the detonation, now he was sprinting to get to the site. Jezza came over the coms, demanding answers.

"The di'kut set off bombs! Ima kick his shebs!! Kaysh mirsh solus!"

As he sprinted towards the site where the bounty hunter had been, could be, should be, there were still some Death Watch that had survived. Taking out the energy sword of the clan, Michael began to carve his way through the few survivors till he finally got the explosion.

There lay the nearly dead Xhernai.

Michael ran up to his, kneeling down as he took of his helmet.

"Talk to me Xhernai, where does it hurt ya damn di'kut?"

There was no leaving people behind, Michael would not have that, not after it had been done to it, and only then Jin had stayed to make sure he made it out alive. It was time to repay the favor.

She was off the ship and moving quickly through the snow in record time. Jezza's only mission to reach the two men who mattered most to her undetected. Her most disliked feature had just became her best chance of success. Jezza avoided anything her left eye detected any type of heat emanating from as she moved towards what was the entrance to the mine. As she drew close enough to spot Michael and Xhernai she wondered where Cerasi was. She had expected to find the three together. Speaking into her comm, "Michael, I am approaching from behind you. Where is Cersasi?"

And just like that, everything went to hell. Cerasi remembered everything in fragments. Michael had squeezed her hand gently. She was pushed away. She lunged to help her brother, but someone grabbed her from behind. She twisted around, but they had a firm grasp on her arms. White noise crackled in her helmet. "Michael! Jezza! Anyone!" She struggled for a moment before finally breaking herself free. She whipped around, her hand hitting something invisible. She yanked at it, finding it to be a helmet. Someone clad in stealth armour. Raising a blaster, she fired into their face.

The ground shook and she was knocked off her feet. Her head snapped around to see the cliffside alight with explosions. Michael took off running. She followed. It was a trap. It was a setup. Her breath caught in her throat as she came up behind Jezza and the group. She was so done. She just wanted to drop to her knees and give up. But she couldn't. Xhernai was laying there dying, and for once Cerasi didn't feel any hatred. Something inside of her had clicked.

Moving over to him, she dropped to her knees beside her brother. "Hey...can you hear me? Stay with us. You're going to be okay." She sucked in a deep breath, reached up, and removed Xhernai's helmet. "Aliit ori'shya tal'din. That means family is more than blood." He sacrificed himself....for Michael. That earned every bit of Cerasi's respects. "Welcome to the family, brother."

She looked up to see the hordes of the Death Watch pouring down the side of the cliff. Alerted to the Shado's presence by the explosion, they were on their way now. "Everyone!" She stood up, instantly stepping up as leader, instantly barking orders into her comm. "The Alor'ad calls a retreat. Get to the ship! Michael," she rested a hand on his shoulder. "Carry Xhernai. Jezza." She turned to the other woman, pulling out her twin pistols. "We follow behind. Hold back the Watch until we get to the ship." She turned to the tidal wave of enemy, taking aim at the first figures she saw. "Move, move, move!"

Everything was blurry. He couldn't make sense of anything. The last thing he remembered was the blast. He felt an immense pain in his back. He could make out Michael, Cerasi and Jezza's figures but he couldn't understand a word. His ears were ringing. He looked to his side to see a huge rock embedded with diamonds. It all came back to him. He remembered his promise to Jezza to bring her diamonds. He lay there in the Deathwatch armour wondering where he left his own armour. In a raspy voice he managed to say "Jezza's diamonds" whilst also pointing where he thought he left his armour.

Moving quickly to Xhernai's side, Jezza helped the bounty hunter to his feet. "Let's go Utreekov!! Diamonds are of no importance to me."she whispered to him softly. Jezza was worried for the bounty hunter. His injuries looked severe and she had no time to tend them before moving him. She saw his armor and yelled for someone to grab it. "I can't carry it too, I am sorry." she told him gently. Moving as quickly as possible Jezza carried Xhernai back toward the ship. There was no way she could defend them if attacked so she related heavily on the heat finding abilities of her eye and redirected wherever possible. Jezza's route back to the ship was not the most direct one, but she managed to get them both back with no incident. She whispered to Xhernai the whole way, "Hang on, don't leave me..."
Reaching the ship, "We made it!!" Jezza spoke into her comm. She immediately took him to the medical area and began assessing and treating his wounds. Jezza's mind was racing, her thoughts scattered, though no one would know watching her tend to the bounty hunter. She had to move quickly or Xhernai would die. Jezza knew that Micheal and Cerasi's injuries were going to need attention when they got back. Thoughts of Adrian and Fenrir crossed her mind, where were the big guys?

Jezza continued tending his wounds as best she could, she was no doctor and the blood Xhernai was coughing up indicated injuries beyond her limited abilities to attend. Tears slipped down her cheeks at his words, "You haven't failed anyone. Not me, not the clan, and not Mae." She whispered softly. "Please don't leave me...."
Where were Michael and Cerasi?? Jezza had expected then to be right behind her arriving at the ship. "Michael, Cerasi.. What is going on out there? I thought you were right behind me." The touching scene that had occurred before Cersasi began issuing orders had not gone unnoticed, Jezza simply did not have time to mull it over right now, too much had occurred and still could. She still hadn't heard from Adrian and Fenrir. "Fenrir, Adrian where are you?"

Adrian was walking lightly jogging towards the front as he was ordered. He caught the message about the enemy knowing that they were here. It didnt make no difference to him he liked opposition anyway it made things more fun and interesting instead of killing people silently as if they were sleeping cows. He looked at [member="Fenrir Wolf"] and grinned under his mask and nodded at him knowing they were that much closer to fight.

Xhernai had a vision. There was Mae. She was alive standing in front of him. She was beckoning Xhernai towards her. She was beautiful as usual. He began walking towards her. The pain lessened with each step. She was smiling. He wanted to join her. He reached out to hold her outstretched hand. As he went to grasp her hand, his hand slipped right through. "Mae?" He whispered sombrely. She beckoned him once again as she reached the edge of the white surface they stood on. He walked towards her, his pain was numbed significantly. She jumped down the cliff. She wanted him to follow. "NO!" screamed a teary eyed Xhernai. Xhernai finally understood what was happening. If he was to jump down with her, he would die and reunite with her. The thought crossed his mind. Why not? He had nothing left for him. He prepared for his run up. Then he remembered the name "Clan Shado". He ran away. The pain increased exponentially. He began struggling in his sleep.

He woke up and touched Jezza's face. "Mae, is that you?"

"No Xhernai, it's Jezza" she whispered gently. Tears slipped slowly down her face. Jezza spoke into her comm "Michael, update your progress and eta back to the ship." It took all her self control to keep her voice steady, she would not allow her worry to be a distraction. "I have done all I can here to tend Xhernai's injuries. If he doesn't have actual medical treatment soon, he is going to die." Turning back to Xhernai, she held his hand and continued whispering soothingly to him. she had made him a promise back on Tattooine and she intended to see it through.

[member="Michael Shado"] [member="Cerasi Kent"] [member="Xhernai"] [member="Adrian Shado"] [member="Fenrir Wolf"]

"Where is everyone?" were the words he managed to force out. "Michael, Cerasi, The big guys? They're safe right? Give me some good news so I don't die of stress..." he gasped out to Jezza. If they weren't safe then his efforts were in vain. After this he would probably leave as he had his way off Tatooine and he could continue his work elsewhere in a less hostile environment such as in Alderaan where he could make his living kidnapping and murdering rich political family members. After all he didn't think an "aruetii" would be allowed into Clan Shado.

"The last I saw Michael and Cerasi they were covering our hides so I could haul your impulsive carcass back here." Jezza quipped smiling feebly. Stress, he had audacity to ask her to alleviate his stress. " I have yet to hear anything from Adrian and Fenrir, I am a bit worried as to what trouble those two may have gotten themselves into." Jezza squeezed his hand gently,"Utreekov, when you recover, you will be lucky if I don't shoot you for worrying me. What were you thinking?" Once again Jezza spoke into her comm "Would somebody answer me? I have an injured bounty hunter on the verge of dying of the stress from worrying about your safety, he has no idea that he is currently in more danger from me, for pulling such a foolish move!!" Maybe that would illicit a response, if nothing else the look on Xhernai's face was well worth it.

[member="Xhernai"] [member="Michael Shado"][member="Cerasi Kent"] [member="Adrian Shado"][member="Fenrir Wolf"]

"I did it because Michael's families' and your life is worth more than mine ever was. They knew we were hear and they would have slaughtered us, there were so many. My actions meant that we have only one casualty and it's the one of an aruetii." Xhernai's vision had cleared up. He looked up to see Jezza's beautiful face. He squeezed Jezza's hand back and his eyes met hers. He looked at her affectionately before telling her "I love you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom