Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Question on about the force

Well that's not going to happen. The appeal of Star Wars is the Force, Jedi, Sith and other users of that power. So we're certainly not going to take it away and no player character will be able to either.
Certain things like Ysalimiri can nullify the Force within a radius and other things like Vong are Force Dead, but they won't destroy it.

If you're thinking a more philosophical question rather than a forum one I encourage you to pose the question in the Star Wars forum here: https://www.starwarsrp.net/forums/star-wars.60/

Yaha-Kui ZaShunina Kitsune Yaha-Kui ZaShunina Kitsune

Everyone at least, in theory, is connected to the Force, if you take their connection away then you are killing them. Life creates the Force, and the Force creates life. It's through the Force that breeds sentient beings.
if a person is from another galaxy ( vong). it wouldn't affect them if they actual wipe them out the force included killing the whole Star Wars galaxy lol

i have no clue what's happening
if a person is from another galaxy ( vong). it wouldn't affect them if they actual wipe them out the force included killing the whole Star Wars galaxy lol

"Cut off from the Force" and "entirely completely disconnected from the Force overall with no remaining connection to it at all" don't exactly mean the same thing, Star Wars is confusing. There's stuff to suggest that everybody would die everywhere if the Force was destroyed, because it isn't limited to just the Star Wars galaxies and their satellites—the Yuuzhan Vong, for example, were specifically cut off from the Force by their home planet because they were too hostile and warlike.

Cut off, not entirely removed. They were still able to be affected by some effects of the Force, and some of them still ended up having some sort of reconnection. I think it's overall presented a bit more akin to being actively severed from any ability to control or use the Force, just a bit deeper.

But there's also stuff that can be taken to suggest that not everybody everywhere would die if the Force was destroyed, just a significant number, or most. Everything that lives is connected to the Force in some manner in Star Wars, the Force essentially being the wellspring of life as has been presented various times. You can suppress it, but we've never seen anything or anybody entirely removed from the Force or having their connection to it drained in totality without them dying outright. Even one of the closest we have seen, the Jedi Exile, Meetra Surik, was still able to form Force Bonds, was still able to eventually control it again...yeah.

But it's also a bit of a pointless thought exercise to begin with because it's never going to happen either on this site or in any actual canonical Star Wars media, given that the Force is such a massive, central part of the entire setting.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
Hm… well I’m not sure if this little tidbit will help, and it’s been a while since I’ve read Darth Plaguis, but he does kind of address this… kind of…

While the Sith take their power from the Force itself, in the end, the Sith must eventually view the force as the enemy and ultimately destroy it once they have the strength to do so. Darth Plaguis recognized that the force is the very thing that gives them their power, and when the Sith get too strong, the force will always “conspire” to destroy them once they become a threat. Ie: creating the chosen one to destroy the Sith, or Darth Bane to destroy the brotherhood, and so-on. Whether or not it is possible to destroy the force is still in question, but, ultimately, that must be the end goal of the Sith once they have the means to conquer the galaxy.

"Cut off from the Force" and "entirely completely disconnected from the Force overall with no remaining connection to it at all" don't exactly mean the same thing, Star Wars is confusing. There's stuff to suggest that everybody would die everywhere if the Force was destroyed, because it isn't limited to just the Star Wars galaxies and their satellites—the Yuuzhan Vong, for example, were specifically cut off from the Force by their home planet because they were too hostile and warlike.

Cut off, not entirely removed. They were still able to be affected by some effects of the Force, and some of them still ended up having some sort of reconnection. I think it's overall presented a bit more akin to being actively severed from any ability to control or use the Force, just a bit deeper.

But there's also stuff that can be taken to suggest that not everybody everywhere would die if the Force was destroyed, just a significant number, or most. Everything that lives is connected to the Force in some manner in Star Wars, the Force essentially being the wellspring of life as has been presented various times. You can suppress it, but we've never seen anything or anybody entirely removed from the Force or having their connection to it drained in totality without them dying outright. Even one of the closest we have seen, the Jedi Exile, Meetra Surik, was still able to form Force Bonds, was still able to eventually control it again...yeah.

But it's also a bit of a pointless thought exercise to begin with because it's never going to happen either on this site or in any actual canonical Star Wars media, given that the Force is such a massive, central part of the entire setting.
would be interesting tho xD

The Yuuzhan Vong are described in The Unifying Force as “being on a different radio frequency”, due to Zonama Sekot. Imagine trying to listen to a FM radio station on an AM frequency.

This is why Jacen Solo was eventually able to connect to them.

As for destroying the Force, Akala tried during a board event by absorbing the Font of Power. It disrupted, but did not achieve total destruction. In my opinion - which is not a board canon defining opinion - the Force is like gravity. It is a fundamental rule of the universe, it cannot be created nor destroyed.

And here at Chaos, since the forum owner has ruled it cannot be defined IC, nobody else could. Save George Lucas. But that doesn’t mean someone like Akala or a powerful Force User couldn’t try, it makes for an interesting story.

Hm… well I’m not sure if this little tidbit will help, and it’s been a while since I’ve read Darth Plaguis, but he does kind of address this… kind of…

While the Sith take their power from the Force itself, in the end, the Sith must eventually view the force as the enemy and ultimately destroy it once they have the strength to do so. Darth Plaguis recognized that the force is the very thing that gives them their power, and when the Sith get too strong, the force will always “conspire” to destroy them once they become a threat. Ie: creating the chosen one to destroy the Sith, or Darth Bane to destroy the brotherhood, and so-on. Whether or not it is possible to destroy the force is still in question, but, ultimately, that must be the end goal of the Sith once they have the means to conquer the galaxy.
that's true, in the book he also tried to test them around too

The Yuuzhan Vong are described in The Unifying Force as “being on a different radio frequency”, due to Zonama Sekot. Imagine trying to listen to a FM radio station on an AM frequency.

This is why Jacen Solo was eventually able to connect to them.

As for destroying the Force, Akala tried during a board event by absorbing the Font of Power. It disrupted, but did not achieve total destruction. In my opinion - which is not a board canon defining opinion - the Force is like gravity. It is a fundamental rule of the universe, it cannot be created nor destroyed.

And here at Chaos, since the forum owner has ruled it cannot be defined IC, nobody else could. Save George Lucas. But that doesn’t mean someone like Akala or a powerful Force User couldn’t try, it makes for an interesting story.
i wouldn't hesitate to find way to break the thread of the force. :3 but it would take a very very long time to figure it out

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
I agree. In my opinion, the nature of the force is elemental in the Star Wars galaxy, and like all forms of energy, it cannot be destroyed like Plaguis hoped, but it can be redirected. A common theory is that super weapons like the Death Star, sun crusher, star killer base, etc. were not necessarily built to subjugate the people of the galaxy, but to bully the very Force into submission. Everyone knows (or assumes) that the force is created by all living things, and so the ability to destroy trillions of living things in one move is an attempt to hurt and intimidate the Force itself.

I personally would be interested in seeing other theories on how to subjugate the Force as a whole. The idea of one person achieving something is fascinating.

I agree. In my opinion, the nature of the force is elemental in the Star Wars galaxy, and like all forms of energy, it cannot be destroyed like Plaguis hoped, but it can be redirected. A common theory is that super weapons like the Death Star, sun crusher, star killer base, etc. were not necessarily built to subjugate the people of the galaxy, but to bully the very Force into submission. Everyone knows (or assumes) that the force is created by all living things, and so the ability to destroy trillions of living things in one move is an attempt to hurt and intimidate the Force itself.

I personally would be interested in seeing other theories on how to subjugate the Force as a whole. The idea of one person achieving something is fascinating.
screw it. I'm going to make the force my "B###". though! I'm not going to be like "an hour later, he completed it" mega bs. It is going take a very very long time to master it. (slow planning and researching)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom