Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pyromancy

sabrina

As you may know, I started a faction with this as it base power.
Can anyone let me know how powerful this can be, in canon terms.

sabrina

I was hoping from something from one the books, as I read that. Then in one thread, I had someone set a forest a light on me. So figured it may have some sort bigger power to it.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

sabrina

[member="Sarge Potteiger"] No just been reading up, though technically anything is combustible even water, if you get it hot enough quick enough.

Just because I hate this question not being answered. Yes you can make water combustible but you need something that separates the hydrogen from the oxygen, that something is a catalyst. Its essentially NOT the water that is being combustible its the hydrogen in the water molecule. Now science aside, I don't see why making a faction based on pyrokinsis would be ultimate power. It would be like any other faction, its a common interest to gather the people. Doesn't provide you any special advantage. [member="sabrina"]

sabrina

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] I know burning fat is hot enough for that, as fire brigade taught us that. What tying get to is some sort upper heat limit, as that would dictate what I can and can't do.

Don`t want to be better than anyone, or the faction to be. Just like to know the boundaries since I not worked them out. My current theory is about, 900 and 1500 degree celsius which heat of blow torch. This would make some textile fires easy, and cook people in their armour. Though would not set steel a light, nor burn water. Though if i have some where to work from, it helps me work things out.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

edited as it mapp gas that burns at 2000 degrees

Hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn here:

With all due respect, you're asking people to set boundaries for a faction you created. I don't really see why you'd do that and then do the homework and try to see what you can do. My suggestion--if valid--would be to set your own boundaries and that for your members, be reasonable in all things roleplay and make sure everyone is aware of the limits of your powers and how you intend to use them as best you can. I believe a major concern is not how something can be abused it's whether or not it will be. If you want to argue point, anyone can say anything can be abused under the right circumstances but that's why people can be a bit arbitrary in roleplay. Some things are just best left at a certain place without too much elaboration.

TL;DR

Just have fun and make sure you don't tick anyone off by potentially abusing powers. Do that and people won't care much about it.

[member="sabrina"]

If this were a WoD site it would be a very simple answer in that creating fire at it's highest level is a roughly 15 foot circle around the person creating the fire. However it provides two stipulations. The first being the person creating the fire can't control it once it has been created. Hence the burn down the entire forest around you. The second part being creating the fire will not harm you but once it ignites say the trees around you all bets are off and you can be burned just as quickly as any one else caught in the fire.

Mechanically if I am not mistaking it is just the ability to heat up the target to whatever it's combustion point is. Application wise I believe the common ground rules is only up to the point of igniting wood, paper, and cloth. I am not sure cooking people without touching them would be possible. So you would need to find an exposed patch of skin to get around most armors as the metal would not be theoretically possible.

Though as I said that is the WoD system not Star Wars and I am not 100% what the conversion would be. However I think with what the link Sarge provide leads to Star Wars application being the same as WoD. Magic/Force it is all the same really.

Anyway just my two cents.

[member="sabrina"]

The Pyrokinesis ability can become a very powerful technique, specially in martial arts (Airbender).
It can give you a defense, a offense, a range, and a close combat advantage.
It's more so what you do with it, and how you roleplay it, and write it that matters.
Honestly you want [member="Asher Kellan"] for this as he is way better at than I, though now maybe a different story ;) along with [member="Lexa Imura"] and @Nikolas Imura (Hope I spelt that right)

Essentially, you COULD make a flaming ball pretty damn large, it would take a mater to do it I would say though, as I know I cant do it...yet. You could make it literally rain fire if you were strong enough. Apart from that, to further help with these abilities, you should learn Convection, and Fire Shaping to give you the best control on your fire.

[member="Romeo Sin"], [member="sabrina"]

Pyrokinesis is just the art of setting things on fire.
Fire Shaping, what you are thinking about, is the actual manipulation of those flames.

Pyrokinesis is manipulating the fire to become brighter and hotter. While Fire shaping is about moving the fire with your hands, and as actual weapons. When Morna (Nick/Vinvent's brother) started out fire shaping, he burned himself becuase he lit his arms on fire in an accident. For a time (up until he was around a high level knight) he had black burn marks on his arms that seemed to never go away. He was healed of it later on.

So The difference between the two? Pyrokinesis is ignition, and Brightening, or redirecting through the force. Shaping is the actual art of moving flames.

if I may add because I wondered this question too with Darth Ares and a little with Hakora, but he has only used a small version. I think it is just not a popular ability used, bu has the potinual to be powerful, but I am not sure where everyone is getting this idea of star creation. I think a master of it would be like a fire airbender, no incredible feat of power, but more like the extent of lightning ability (not force storm)

this sound like a safe answer?

Creating a star is literally impossible without a huge amount of the force pushing on the flames. Creating a star would kill the user because stars, no matter their size, exert a huge fetching ton of gravity. So even if your character knew about converting helium to hydrogen during fusion (a process of combining atoms to give off energy as the forms of heat, and light) without blowing himself up, he would have to deal with the massive pull of gravity. And that would kill him as well.

So to answer your question, no. Not possible. Sarge was just throwing something out there of what NOT to do.

[member="Hakora Rhapsodos"]

[member="Asher Kellan"]

Please read my post fully next time. I already ruled out star creation and in fact no one purposes star creation in this thread, someone assumed Pyrokenesis would lead to star creation which is foolish and in my opinion a pointless ability. Again, no one is saying you can create a star. If you would have read my post I clearly said a master of Pyrokenesis would be like a fire bender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom