Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Proof Of Concept (NJO/GA)

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Can't stand around all day. If you've got an idea, let's act while we know it's at ease,"

"I've got the basis of an idea. Here-" Kahlil flattened out a sheet of paper, brought a pen to his hand from wherever he could get one from, and made a quick sketch. Two circles, one in the other. "Focus. I'll set up the sequence we'll need, and you can use this rune to help heal the whole. Purify, I mean. I- Actually." He lifted his gaze from the paper, scanning the crowd. Then snapped his fingers and pointed right towards Jasper.

"Hey, Jasper. You ready to put some of that knowledge to practical use?" There weren't many that could use runes, but Jasper had already proven his affinity for them. And they were going to need all the help they could get. He scrawled out a sequence, a circle of various runes atop the paper.

"While it's calm, scrawl this out on the ground around it. I've got a couple different sequences I want to draw on it itself. Then we'll get it started, right away. You have anyone you think that might help you, Chief Healer?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys | Tarish Galland | Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"Yeah," he said in a breathy voice, it weighed him down with all the cumbersome heft it carried. The years never made it easier, Corin found, whether wanted in their presence or not. There was that sour taste to the air, the uncertain upheaval that tossed and turned inside. Worst of all was whatever involved Iris, the two never really came to terms with what was there, or what was not. His arm reached across and gripped his own shoulder, hanging there as if it was to make it all any easier. "I appreciate it." Corin said at last, left to wonder if he truly did.

He never said anything to Silas, only regarded him with a slight smile. His attention turned away, watching the experiment unfold as Jasper was called to it.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"Hey, Jasper. You ready to put some of that knowledge to practical use?"

"Oh, looks like I'm up," Jasper noted. "I know it isn't really how you roll, but I hope I'll see you around. At least once or twice."

Corin didn't sound too sure of himself. Jasper wasn't gonna press. He knew what it was like to be wayward in life. Lost and wandering. He needed time to figure things out. Everyone did, ultimately. All he could really do was give his peace, for what it was worth anyways. With a kind smile and a dip of his head, Jasper had joined the healing party, scooping up the reference paper Kahlil had drawn for him.

"Yes, sir," the knight nodded, beginning to draw out the sequence around the sithspawn. As he did, he took a moment to glance between the present faces. "I think I saw you at Amani's wedding," Jasper noted when looking at Tarish. Then he turned to Rhemti. "And I don't know you. Jasper, but I guess you guys heard that..."

His focus shifted back to the runes. Some he recognized, others he didn't.

"So... uh, can I get the basic rundown of what this is gonna do?" he asked.

Amanda braska

A
Equipment: Amanda's twins, boots, robes
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Tarish Galland Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm | Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam

Amanda walked up and listened to kahlils plan it could work so far but Incase it didn't and they hurt it and made it angry to where Rhemti couldn't keep it calm caused her worry. She didn't want to tear down their plan down but a creature that size could do some major damage she didn't doubt rhemtis skill but other precautions should be put in place she understood that they didn't want to anger it and make it's temperament worse.

As she stood there and listened "I doubt it's gonna let you draw runes on it or do this completely even with the other Jedi currently trying to calm it" she hated playing the devil's advocate but in this instance the room was divided between just killing it or saving it. She wanted to save it but the more pragmatic part of her realized what the other half where saying if they couldn't.

"Amanda braska im here to help" she said as she stood there as she looked at Kahlil and then the rest of the group.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Tarish and Rhemti. Rhemti there's my Padawan, if a bit focused."

He chuckled, glancing to the Nautolan for a moment. Then back to Jasper. Pointed to the various runes in the sequence. "Keep it from immolating in the presence of the Light. There's a good number of protection runes Sith use to outright block it. They have their limits, though. Something born of the Dark, runes especially, won't last forever in it. Grant it, mine aren't of the Dark, nor are they trying to absorb the Light. Just.. Turn it from a blazing sun to a warm light." He reached towards his belt, plucking out a simple piece of chalk. Which wasn't as simple as it looked, given it seemed to be thrumming with the Force.

"Use this. Make the circle around it."

Then Kahlil glanced towards Amanda. Gave her a brief, calm smile.

"Master Braska. I've no intention of literally drawing on it. I couldn't keep Vera still long enough to do something like that, let alone a creature like this. More.. Manifest, I guess? I do, however, have the utmost trust in my Padawan to keep it calm regardless. Do you have a suggestion on what we could do to help make it easier, though?"

Amanda braska | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Tarish Galland

New_GA1.png

GAPostBreaker.png

Olaya Astrapi had studied her entire life in the sciences of biology. Her mother, cruel and bitter, has pushed her to become a geneticist like she was. Once she had entered college, however, Olaya had discovered that she was more enamored to the world of being a doctor and a healer. Changing majors had been her first act of rebellion against her mother in her life. She had zero regrets.

The doctor entered the lab. The moment she had heard about the cleansing of a Sithspawn, she had dropped everything and rushed over. She was a bit late, but for once she did not care. Her whitecoat flowing behind her, she briskly approached the glass barrier dividing the Jedi from the beast.

It looks scared... wait.

She maneuvered around, trying to see from a certain angle at the beast.

"Ah, okay, he is scared."

She could feel some eyes on her, but it mattered not. She straightened up and observed the creature some more.

The poor thing looked hideous and grotesque. And though untrained in Force Sense and Force Empathy, the skill she had naturally developed through her life gave her the sensation of a horrific darkness, corrupt and evil, combined with feelings of both terror and shaky trust. She observed its biology. This was a creature so transformed, she could not recognize it at all. Though, there were small hints here and there. She spoke aloud once again.

"I have no idea what species this is, but he appears canine to me."

She paused, realizing that she had not even introduced herself to the people in this room. Oops!

She turned, offering a traditional Jedi bow of respect to the others. "I apologize. I am Olaya Astrapi, a licensed scientist and doctor of Arkania. I am a Padawan learner."

She had to work on her introductions. She was so used to entering the room with respect given to the skilled doctor. But here, she was the lowest rank amongst the Jedi. It was a difficult adjustment, considering her own pride. But she had joined the Jedi to become something different than she had been. She had to adjust, for her own sake.

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

While Valery acknowledge what Silas Westgard Silas Westgard said telepathically with a nod of her head, she still believed this to be important. If something were to go wrong and other measures had to be taken, she'd be able to explain it. To not say anything could end up with the public finding out eventually as well, but then it'd look as if the Jedi had actively tried to cover this up.

So with that in mind, she turned to Holly and offered the woman a smile.

"There's no guarantee that we can reverse what was done to the creature, but we have the absolute best doing what they can. If it works out, so many lives can be saved, so I believe it's something Jedi should pursue. Albeit carefully." Her eyes shifted back to her husband and the others, and she could feel some tension rising within herself.

She really hoped this would work out.

Rhemti made the effort to nod to Jasper, waving to him briefly with a friendly smile, but he hoped the knight would understand why he didn't do more. The Nautolan wanted to keep all of his focus on reassuring the creature below that it was among friends, people trying to help it. It wasn't an immediate change, but those who were watching the creature, both with their eyes and with the force, would see the Sithspawn ever so slowly start to calm down.

It was less obvious to the naked eye at first, as it was just it's thoughts and feelings that began to ease up, but eventually the onlookers would see its ears and body visibly relax within a matter of minutes.

@at everyone in this thread because I'm on my phone and there's too many names.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png
WEARING: Outfit, Force Talisman
TAGS: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys Amanda braska Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

The words from the padawan only helped to lift the mood Tarish found himself in. And by extension the sithspawn between them.

"Hard to feel alone with all these people watching." The only thought that escaped his otherwise dedicated focus. Before Japser approached the growing circle of aid at least.

A grin escaped this time, a deeper tone of humor emerging as he spared a few words without diverting his focus. Or opening his eyes.

"Mm. I think I saw you too. Will check after this. Bit, uh. Bit new to the connecting with others thing." His breathing remained steady, humor bleeding into the connection he was sharing between the trio at his own bad joke.

"There's no guarantee that we can reverse what was done to the creature, but we have the absolute best doing what they can. If it works out, so many lives can be saved, so I believe it's something Jedi should pursue. Albeit carefully."

Holly nodded as Master Noble spoke, but couldn't take her eyes off of the poor animal. It just looked so scared.

"This isn't hurting it ... is it?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Amani watched as Kahlil drew out a series of symbols, but put up a hand mid-explanation, "You're gonna have to be more specific, here. I've never used runes before." If there were any specifications to their use, she was unaware of them.

Jasper at least had some experience it seemed, and would cover scrawling them out across the ground. Amani gave another once over to the Jedi around her, and sighed. Figures she would be the only dedicated healer to show up. The mirialan shook her head, "No, I'll… handle it." Extra help could come in handy, but without experience backing it up, there was a chance it could make things more difficult.

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

"On the contrary," Valery assured the woman before she gestured to the animal. "It was in pain because of how the Dark Side was used to manipulate it. Now that they're working together to heal it, you can see it relax. Pay close attention to its body language, and you'll notice."

Unlike Valery or the other Jedi in the room, Holly couldn't feel how the aura of the Loth Wolf changed, but finally visible signs were starting to appear. Signs that gave Valery more and more hope that they'd succeed.

"I think they're going to pull it off. I can feel something changing."

New Cov
Watching the Test

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Amani Serys Amani Serys Amanda braska Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam Tarish Galland Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Solan Halcyon Solan Halcyon Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko

Watching the events unfold and listening to the conversations around her, Raenlyn had come to a conclusion that was equally confusing and horrifying to the young woman: The Jedi Master leading the experiments was completely winging it when it came to actually cleansing the mutated Loth-Wolf. To a mind honed by her mother to think scientifically, the fact he was just going by trial and error and seeing what might stick or create a result was shocking.

Alchemy was much a science as it was a product of the dark side of the Force. Blood used as a catalyst and energy source for manipulating a creature down to its very DNA to create something new. Yes, it could create an untold number of monsters designed merely to destroy the enemies of their masters, but it could be so much more than that when wielded by a Sith Master. Whoever had created this mutant had done only the bare minimum to alter it, probably hoping to create a creature that could travel across worlds to hunt prey for them. Class III at the most, as her mother would classify it. She would be curious to see if Kahlil Noble, if these runes worked on at least changing it from aligned with the dark to the light, could replicate it on something more challenging... or something with full sentience.

The answers that Kahlil was seeking were there, he just might not know about them. The writings of Master Alince, along with the work her mother had done to help develop Alkahest with the old Republic-era Jedi could very well be a more repeatable process for changing Sithspawn back fully.

But as a simple aide, appearing uneducated in the Force but sensitive to it, she had to bite her tongue from saying anything on those subjects.

"Master Noble, for those of us not trained in the Force, perhaps you can explain what it is you are trying to do with these runes?" she asked.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"If I knew this was going to be a class I would've brought a clipboard or something." Kahlil chuckled. Nervously. His gaze drifted towards the senator, watching her for a moment. Explaining the runes, huh? He glanced to the circle he'd given to Jasper to draw out. Hummed in thought. How to explain something almost exclusively mystical in a way people who weren't could understand?

The Jedi Master shrugged before giving an apologetic grin.

"I've no idea how to explain it in a way you'd understand more than.. I guess, say.." He was trying, at least. "Have you ever tried to wash rice before? You put it in a strainer, run it under water. The rune around our friend in there is more or less the strainer. Keep it together. The ones I'm going to put on it will keep the Light from just obliterating them. Or, the pressure control on a faucet to keep the water from flowing too hard and causing the rice to scatter."

Yeah, that made sense. Sure. Once more he shrugged before looking towards the newest member of this little experiment. "Well, Padawan Olaya. I leave it to your expertise on genetics to figure out what it was before what it became." Then he paused. Glanced to Amani. Oh right, she couldn't use runes.

"Just- Hmm. Alright. Focus on doing what you suggested. Purifying it, like a crystal. I can use what I have to, like I said, keep it from overwhelming it. And in turn use those to see what exactly is happening to it. It's going to be a lot of touch and go at first, but if we can find a foothold in it, it'll be a good guide post for any future endeavor."

Raenlyn Athacorr Raenlyn Athacorr | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam | Tarish Galland | @Others

Objective: Watch the test
Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Tarish Galland / Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania / Amanda braska / Solan Halcyon Solan Halcyon / Amani Serys Amani Serys / Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko / Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri / Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

div1.png

The only hint of response he got from his Master was a simple nod, indicating that she had every confidence that things were going to be okay through right or wrong. Silas saw it in the corner of his eye but chose not to react or question it further. All he decided to do was give back his full attention to the test, not even bothering to look at the others who walked past.

Silas felt as if nothing had changed so far, probably because barely anything had been done. But hopefully, soon enough their plan to change this sith spawn back to its original state was going to work. He trusted in Master Kahlil's ability, it was just a matter of knowing what to do when deep into the unknown.

Only time will tell.

"Keep it from immolating in the presence of the Light. There's a good number of protection runes Sith use to outright block it. They have their limits, though. Something born of the Dark, runes especially, won't last forever in it. Grant it, mine aren't of the Dark, nor are they trying to absorb the Light. Just.. Turn it from a blazing sun to a warm light."

That made sense. Jasper took the chalk, nodding with respect to Rhemti and Tarish before beginning to scrawl out the runes as instructed. He moved methodically, steady with his organic left arm in a calculated manner. He was still very cautious about runes, given that Kahlil had warned him of their tendency to explode if written incorrectly or altered in a sloppy manner. He didn't want to be the one to screw this up.

The arrival of more faces was certainty nerve racking, with Master Braska questioning their capability to keep the sithspawn docile and more curious individuals, interviewers of sorts. He maintained his focus, regardless, finishing the rune circle and getting back to his feet.

"Alright," he nodded. "The circle is ready."

Cora's eyes widened to the size of saucers when Yuri mentioned the sithspawn eating one of them for social media views.

"Th-the first?" She stuttered, suddenly worried despite the girl's obvious joking demeanor. As if on cue, Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm entered the viewing area and engaged with Valery Noble Valery Noble . If anyone could protect them from a potentially violent predator, it was her teacher—and the numerous Knights and Masters that had filtered in, some peering through the glass while others assisted Kahlil. A measure of tension eased from Cora's shoulders at that throught.

She giggled at Yuri's story about her hair, then again as they were joined by a redhead with a similar tale. Cora had never been permitted to dye her own hair, so she was fascinated by the right of passage other teen girls seemed to have experienced.

"Can your hair really go gray if you dye it too much? And how on Coruscant can black and red make...green?" Her knowledge of the chemicals and processes one used to color their hair with was limited. Makko had once suggested that Cora dye her hair when she was being targeted by bounty hunters, something she'd immediately refused to do based on lack of time. There had been no professional salons within reach, and she'd only recently learned of boxed hair dye.

"Oh, would you?" Cora offered Yuri a gracious smile and a courtly bow of her head. "That would be wonderful. Perhaps I could get something temporary?" Something that would fade before she'd have to next face her father.

Her gaze was drawn back to the glass, back to the sithspawn stirring gently. Jasper was etching a string of symbols around it in chalk, and Kahlil's Padawan seemed to be communing with the beast. The mood seemed tense, but vaguley hopeful. Everyone was holding their breath to some degree.

"What do you think will happen after, if Master Kahlil is successful? There must be a place for that poor soul to go."

The idea of the sithspawn—or any creature, for that matter—subject to a life of being poked and prodded in a laboratory seemed cruel.

Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Amani looked between Kahlil and the SIthspawn, then sighed, "Alright. I'll do what I can," A tinge of skepticism underlaid her tone; It wasn't much to go off of, and further showed just how improvised the procedure was. She just hoped they didn't risk making things worse.

The others began to take their places, and with the runes set up, it was time to get started. Amani came closer to the beast, and reached out a hand, channeling the purifying energy of the Force with gradually growing intensity. Now it was just a matter of hoping the others played their parts right.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It'll work."

Kahlil grinned. Gave a thumbs up.

"If I didn't believe it would, we wouldn't try it. Right?" Would he? Maybe. Hard to say, but he had a good feeling about the whole process regardless. Or he was just stubborn about it. Nope, he didn't let that linger in his mind, instead just turning his gaze towards the once wolf. Rhemti and Tarish had it calm. Jasper had the sequence down. Most everything was set. He stepped back into the room then, giving a nod to Amani as he set a hand atop the Spawn's head.

A flash of light, brief, traced a similar sequence of runes across it's body, and the process began. A lot of it was touch and go. Adjustment of the runes, of the intensity, but there was something there. He could feel it. They all could.

Like unweaving a tapestry they unwound the darkness that had been forced into it. Until finally, all that remained was the wolf it'd once been. It's eyes opened, the two it once had, the one it was given, silver in color. It's fur the same, much like a crystal after it'd been purged of it's bleeding. Slowly it sat up, glancing around the room. Then to those on the outside of the glass.

Then it spoke.

"Thank you."

Kahlil blinked slowly as he stepped back. Glanced around towards the others. No, it being able to speak wasn't something they did. But the Loth Wolf none the less watched expectantly before laying down. Exhausted, all the same.

".. Alright if I sleep?"

"Uh, yeah. We'll uh, .. Yeah." Kahlil let out a breath before smiling. It'd worked. The scars were there, still. They weren't going to be able to perfectly undo everything. But they could undo more than he thought possible. So he turned to leave, mostly to get his hands on a holopad to start recording everything he could think to write. He was back into his own world again, way too eager to figure out a way to reproduce this en mass.

Amani Serys Amani Serys | Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Tarish Galland | @Others

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png
WEARING: Outfit, Force Talisman
TAGS: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys Amanda braska Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

The unwavering support was present through the process. But being seated and partially connected through the sequence made him stare in wonder. Made him hope.

And quieted the fear at the back of his mind.

Feeling the strings be pulled and stripped away. Watching the layers of ill be undone and reveal what had been beneath. The result was awe inspiring.

Especially when the wolf spoke.

The mental connection slipping away as his dumbstruck mind mirrored his mouth gaping at the sound. Kahlil seemed equally unsure, but in a much better way to reply at least.

"Huh." The only sound to escape as he cleared his throat, stood, and left the wolf to rest.

Giving Rehmti and Jasper a thumbs up before touching Amani's shoulder and silently lingering with a tiny smile.

He wanted to say something, but couldn't help but glance back to the weary being that had been helped. A satisfied sigh escaping as he took his leave for the time being. His own emotions kept in a tight bundle well beneath the surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom