Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Proof Of Concept (NJO/GA)

Cora jumped, startled by the face suddenly leaning in between herself and the other Padawan. She stared at the man with owlishly large eyes, fighting down a brief wave of nausea that took her by surprise. Occasionally, her nerves would manifest as sickness.

She turned to Jasper as he spoke, finding a measure of relief in his words. Swallowing down bile, she nodded dutifully towards the blonde Knight, and tilted her head in respect to Tarish before he departed.

Turning back to gaze at the sithspawn, her face softened in newfound sympathy for the creature. Had she been the subject for so many discerning spectators, Cora would certainly be terrified. She placed a hand against the glass again, this time out of compassion.

"Wow, a reporter?" Cora's focus drew back to the girl at her side. "That's quite exciting…I do hope that all goes well and that she can report on today’s success.”

She couldn't help a muted smile at the girl's commentary.

"Corazona von Ascania." She offered her name in turn, smile tilting further into something more polite. "Cora for short. It's a pleasure to meet you, Yuri."

"It isn't an animal, it's a monster, a creature made from the dark. Why should it be allowed to live?"

Blue eyes shifted to the side as a rough looking young man engaged the Bothan. Part of her couldn't help but silently agree with him, but the aristocrat in her cringed at his harsh words.

That conversation was bound to be tense. Cora turned her eyes back to Yuri, who seemed far less severe than the fellow with dark rings under his eyes.

"I like your hair, Yuri. Did you dye the purple streaks in yourself?"

Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko Tarish Galland Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Kahlil_Div2.png

"What's next?"

"Trial and error. If we can figure out what it was, it might make it easier to help it heal. But the Light burns it. It's easy to think that that's justification for it to be killed. If the Light rejects it, shouldn't the Jedi?" He turned his gaze around, watching the others that'd arrived. He could hear the bits of their conversations. It was always easiest to see a monster as always a monster. "In some cases, yes. There are true monsters that the Sith can make. But to ignore those who had been violated against their will because a power we have burns them doesn't feel very Jedi."

He had his doubts if anything would work. But they had to try. In all the history he'd been able to read, it never was. Maybe because it never worked, maybe because it had but that knowledge was wrong. But right now, they had to try. Maybes weren't good enough.

Kahlil turned his gaze to Tarish, watching him for a moment longer in quiet. He was one of those reasons.

"Uh.. Hey, Boss. You needed me?"

"Good timing." The smile came back as he looked towards Rhemti, giving the Padawan a nod. "Think you can help calm them? To keep everyone safe it unfortunately needs to be enclosed, and it seems agitated. There's a mind there, under all that pain and fear. Help find it and calm it down." Rhemti always did seem to have a knack with bonding with creatures. Maybe this would be a good little test for him to try. It wouldn't hurt otherwise.

"Otherwise, what do you know about Alchemy, Amani?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys | Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam | Tarish Galland | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Amanda braska | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Raenlyn Athacorr Raenlyn Athacorr | Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

Objective: Watch the test
Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Tarish Galland / Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania / Amanda braska / Solan Halcyon Solan Halcyon / Amani Serys Amani Serys / Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko / Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

div1.png

Raising a brow at the reason he was here Silas reached out and shook his hand firmly "Hm, I know there are animal protection companies out there who do things like this. For sith spawn though? that just seems very unusual to me" he said honestly to the man, suspicious of if he had actually just made it up on the spot instead of real "Name's Silas, Silas Westgard" he said back with a brief smile before folding his arms to observe Kahlil from a distance "Well I hope everything goes well for you, Rae. I sense that many people in here wish to kill it if it doesn't go to plan"

He wasn't entirely sure if that was true, but he presumed most would be in favor of it

From behind them, a familiar voice spoke up, one he had not heard in a good while. Giving Corin the side eye he lightly nodded to him out of respect "They used to be, but thanks to the Sith they are the total opposite of their true nature. If the tests don't work then the best we can do for them is at least end their suffering." he said to the pair of them, especially the animal rights guy.

"I fear only keeping it alive will continue its misery"

"It's Sithspawn," he said flatly. "It isn't an animal, it's a monster, a creature made from the dark. Why should it be allowed to live?"

"Jeez," Jasper frowned. "Callous as usual I see."

He turned back a moment to look at the conversation behind him before turning back to the window.

"Neither of you are technically wrong," the knight continued, acknowledging Silas as well. "Some are purely alchemical. This one isn't. It really was a purely organic creature at some point. There's no debate for the ones born solely from darkness, but it seems needlessly cruel to condemn a being twisted against their will without attempting to revert it first."

In other words: abandoning it. Jasper didn't like abandoning things.

"Not that I agree with civilians containing Sithspawn for preservation," he added in regards to the Bothan. "That sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Take this sithspawn off New Cov if the experiment fails and you're potentially condemning an ecosystem to annihilation. Humanitarianism and keeping monsters in cages don't exactly align in my head."

It seemed brain dead, really. There was no way an idea like that was safe in any regard. But ultimately that wasn't his choice. People would waste their money however they pleased. Jasper sighed a little before turning his head ever so slightly towards Corin.

"Didn't know you'd be back," Jasper remarked. "Though I guess you didn't really announce that you had left... I'm, uh, glad you're still in one piece. A part of me thought you had ran off and gotten yourself killed until you turned up at the club. I would've said something there, but you didn't seem in the mood..."

Jasper still held a great deal of respect for Corin. He was cold, but could restrain himself, and had pretty much been their group's leader up until his knighting. Needless to say there was some level of relief with Corin being back. Iris would certainly be happy, at least.

"Hm, I know there are animal protection companies out there who do things like this. For Sithspawn though? That just seems very unusual to me."

"We handle other animal rights cases as well," Kai said. "Only recently have we begun to take on Sithspawn cases."

"Well I hope everything goes well for you, Rae. I sense that many people in here wish to kill it if it doesn't go to plan."

Kai nodded. "Master Kahlil has indicated he does not wish for the creature to be harmed, regardless of the outcome of this experiment."

"It's Sithspawn. It isn't an animal, it's a monster, a creature made from the dark. Why should it be allowed to live?"

Kai was good at keeping a pokerface, and his aural dispersion ring hid his emotions in the Force as well as the taint of corruption. He showed no signs of recognition as Corin barged into the conversation. Before he could speak, however, Silas added his two credits:

"They used to be, but thanks to the Sith they are the total opposite of their true nature. If the tests don't work then the best we can do for them is at least end their suffering. I fear only keeping it alive will continue its misery."

"I can't tell whether you're trying to take the moral high ground, or promoting eugenics," Kai said to Corin. "Non-sentient animals can't really be held to sentient moral standards, and eugenics... well." He turned to Silas. "Your argument is more sound, but how can you prove the animal is miserable because it's a Sithspawn, and not because it's being caged and experimented on by people who can't even agree that it is worthy of life?"

And then Jasper jumped in. Kai fought to maintain his patience. He was surrounded by idiots who had previously been his rivals in the Jedi Order, and for the most part it looked like none of them had learned anything from the past.

"Not that I agree with civilians containing Sithspawn for preservation. That sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Take this Sithspawn off New Cov if the experiment fails and you're potentially condemning an ecosystem to annihilation. Humanitarianism and keeping monsters in cages don't exactly align in my head."

"We don't unleash them on an existing ecosystem. That would be foolish and cruel," Kai replied. "But rest assured, we have methods of containing and monitoring these creatures while allowing them to live out their lives peacefully."

"It's not an animal," Corin remarked with discontent, albeit in a soft voice. He could be content with the death of those arguments.

The young Jedi turned to meet a face he once knew, yet where it was boyish and filled with youth, there was now a man. It was odd to see it, to need to see how far the lot of them had come and gone. Had some of their lot even still lived to attend such observations? There was word of relationships formed and ended, even married into. That was all people wished to talk about. Death was never one of them. He could never blame them for that, as pertinent as it sometimes seemed.

"Do I ever?" He said near-laughingly to Jasper with a small, short-lived smirk.

Isolation suited best. Beneath the rain, bathed in neon, inside his own small apartment somewhere in the worst spots of Denon. The shadiest corners. It never did smoothen him out, only served to make him worse. He was more often than not forced to nurse some sort of wound, a faded white piece of fabric stuck to his forehead even now.

"I stick to Denon, mostly. Watchmen duties with Dag. Look at you though, man and all now."

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Kahlil aptly put Amani's thoughts into words. Many Jedi throughout history had fought not to kill their enemies, but to redeem them, whenever possible. This should be no different. If there was even a slight chance that they could return this creature to its natural state, they had to at least try.

Amani was pulled out of her musings by a tug on her elbow. It was Tarish— whose circumstance mirrored the Sithspawn's in many ways. She smiled thinly back at him, "No kidding. I didn't expect such a turnout," Her gaze passed each of the gathered Jedi, many of whom Amani knew. She could sense the doubts they carried, heard it in their whisperings. Such preconceptions weren't exactly unfounded; But if they were here, then just maybe they too believed there was a glimmer of hope.

"Otherwise, what do you know about Alchemy, Amani?"

"I can't pretend to be an expert, but I understand the process. And the… extent of its applications," From empowering weapons to engineering genetic abominations, the only limit of Sith Alchemy was the user's imagination. Amani trailed off in thought again, idly rubbing her fingers together, when she came to an idea, "Have you ever purified a kyber crystal?"

Last edited:

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amanda braska Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko Solan Halcyon Solan Halcyon Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

With healing efforts starting up, others around her began to wonder if it could work as well, and perhaps what would happen if it didn't work out. Rather than interfering, she allowed the discussion to freely continue, and instead focused on the group trying to make a difference for the suffering creature that had been twisted by the Dark Side.

She could only hope that it would work.

Soon, Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam entered and Valery met him with a bright smile. It was good to see him join in to help his Master — she had a feeling that he'd need all the help he could get. But with the Chief Healer here, as well as others dedicated to this cause, he couldn't be in a better position to make it work.

"Finally!"

The droid buzzed at Holly's annoyed comment but it did lead her to the room where everyone was gathered. She stood across the room from Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko , who was looking at her briefly and saying something that Holly did not catch. Instead the reporter's eyes drifted toward the animal and she felt her heart break. It was scared and she felt so bad that it had been experimented on.

She pushed her datapad into her pocket and frowned. If the Jedi were able to heal Sith experiments it would be much needed news, but right now, looking at the poor animal, Holly wasn't sure if she even wanted to take notes. She just wanted the beast to be okay.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I've corrupted many. Even one that was supposed to be impossible to corrupt, though that needed a whole different process. But I've also purified some. And this," Kahlil lifted his saber, offering it over to Amani.

"The hilt is made of my first ever Sith sword. A dagger I used for rituals. On Tython I.. Purified it. Desperation against Kyrel, but what once dark is now Light. Grant it, the dagger exploded in the process, so I don't know if that's good for our friend." That being Tarish and the wolf itself. He frowned, watching the creature again as it laid down. Kept it's single eye moving on the onlookers. Watching, listening.

"To take it's pain, at least, would be good. I'm not sure if purifying a crystal will have the same effect with something like this, but.. I can see it working. I could also try to reverse what I did to my Solari crystal. The right runes could help the light embrace it without.. Y'know, outright purging it. Alchemy defies the laws of nature as we know it, so.. Might as well bend a few laws ourselves."

Amani Serys Amani Serys | Tarish Galland

Objective: Observe procedure
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Valery Noble Valery Noble Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Raenlyn Athacorr Raenlyn Athacorr Amani Serys Amani Serys Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Solan Halcyon Solan Halcyon Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam

Gear: Wearing leather jacket and white tanktop. Buckler magnetised to backplate, lightsaber on waist.

970.jpg
Sayuri pricked up her ears to hear what master Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble was saying over the many conversations ongoing, it appeared that the procedure was beginning, so Yuri offered another quiet prayer to the force.

"That's quite exciting"

"Pretty exciting, but chances are she's crossing her fingers it eats one of the attendees so she sells a few more copies, sex and violence sells, and I really hope we won't see the first." She laughed at her dumb joke and raised her eyebrows a few times playfully at the back of the respected master.

"I like your hair, Yuri. Did you dye the purple streaks in yourself?"

She blushed a little and smiled at Cora. "I like yours too, I tried going blonde once, my hair is too dark so it just ended up a mousey mess. My mum says if I keep dying it, it'll go grey, but I told her that Jedi are above such things as worrying about grey hairs in their later years." she giggled babbling along to the other teen "I hope anyway. I'll just enjoy it for now. I get it done by a girl on coruscant, can hook you up if you want?"

She twitched a little as she felt what was happening to the creature affect its mood, she was inexperienced in the force so wasnt as good at filtering out disturbances as she would one day be. She looked around at other faces, trying to work out if anyone else felt uncomfortable.

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

"Mrs. Starstorm?" Valery blinked when she spotted the woman who had interviewed her years ago. She hadn't really kept up too much ever since, and they had never been able to catch up either, so Valery decided to take the opportunity and make her approach. It would also be a chance to explain what was happening and make sure no false information left the room.

"It has been a long time. I hope you've been well?" she asked with a kind smile.

"I must say, I'm surprised to see you all the way out here, but I think it's good the public learns about these types of things. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help."

"Your argument is more sound, but how can you prove the animal is miserable because it's a Sithspawn, and not because it's being caged and experimented on by people who can't even agree that it is worthy of life?"

Did the man even recognize what he was saying? The creature was suffering. Pain and agony was permeating out in the force around it. If he was paying attention, he would see that it trusted Kahlil. If the experiment was the source of it's distress, it most certainly would be lashing out. What was living out a peaceful life worth if the beast was simply left to suffer for all eternity. It seemed that this was not a conversation worth having anymore, and thankfully Corin seemed to agree, changing the subject and breaking off of the group.

"Do I ever?"

"Fair enough I guess," Jasper shrugged.

It wasn't exactly his place to judge what Corin did or who he connected with. He could worry, of course, though Jasper was always worried about something or another. It was the next remark that caught him off guard though.

"Yeah... time catches up to us all eventually," he chuckled. "It's... strange. A part of me thought I'd be six feet under by now... You're on Denon though? I can't exactly say I envy the job, especially after all hell broke loose. I was there when it all happened. Uh, for personal reasons..." Checking on his girlfriend, but that was a whole different deal. "I always grew up thinking the most neglected folks were the ones under our feet on Coruscant, but..."

Denon was an entirely different animal. A corporate state fueled by a hunger for income and a population of poor, bitter people was never a good combination. That wasn't even mentioning the criminal empires that were so eager to claim their alleyways.

"You're doing good work out there then," Jasper nodded. For a moment, a frown spread across his face. "Just... make sure you pay a visit every now and then. Isolation eats away at you eventually. It nearly killed me... And people 'round here still care about you, for what it's worth. Iris especially."

Objective: Watch the test
Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Tarish Galland / Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania / Amanda braska / Solan Halcyon Solan Halcyon / Amani Serys Amani Serys / Sayuri Hatoko Sayuri Hatoko / Arlo Renard Arlo Renard / Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

div1.png

"If Master Kahlil does not wish to hurt the animal then he probably has more plans for it," Silas remarked, listening intently to what he had to say "Yes, it is true we may not know if it's miserable or not. But the same can be said if it actually feels any emotion at all. For all we know it could be a mindless freak who can no longer think for itself but rely on the Darkside to do it for them. It may not even think it's suffering, but even from the outside, you can see it's going against its very nature"

Shaking his head slowly, he didn't like the fact they were thinking of containing them and even setting them free. In his eyes, it was going to cause more harm than good "All it takes is for one insane sithspawn to get free to create a slaughter. I do not wish for anyone to have that on their conscience when they chose to defend it" he said with a sigh, giving the man a look of what appeared to be disappointment "Again, good luck with your research here. I do not see it going well, but I hope it brings something beneficial either way" with a gentle pat on his shoulder he decided to walk over to the pair.

As he walked past them both, he gave a quick nudge of his shoulder to Corin "Good to see you again Corin Trenor Corin Trenor , stick around if you can" he said with a light smile before walking further into the observation room to take a closer look. In all honesty, Silas had had enough of sithspawn for one year. He just hoped that the test would be over sooner rather than later.

Standing next only a few steps from Valery Noble Valery Noble he noticed that she was talking to a reporter. It was certainly a surprise they were allowed in, considering the implications if things did for whatever reason go wrong. Although, if it did go right the success could prove to be a positive boost for those who have doubts about the Jedi. Right now, they were treading in unexplored waters.

"<Master, are you sure it was the right decision to let the press down here? If things go wrong, I don't dare think what the public will make of it>" he questioned telepathically to Valery, keeping his eyes glued to Kahlil just so Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm didn't think anything of it.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png
WEARING: Outfit, Force Talisman
TAGS: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Amani Serys Amani Serys

Filtering through the different conversations wasn't difficult when you had the paranoia to do so. Even without feeling the emotions behind some of their words, he wondered silently just how deeply their convictions could run when it wasn't an animal put through such experiments.

He kept his eyes on Amani and Kahlil, not trusting himself to interject in the conversations as he had already.

"Some seem to hope for violence, rather than a solution." He sighed at the ongoing debates behind them, keeping the majority of his attention to the two committing themselves to the procedure.

At least until he glanced to the creature in question.

They both were twisted things, repurposed for the force knew what or why besides the whim of another. It wasn't so much as seeing them as a friend than someone in the same sinking boat.

"Never easy being alone in a scary place. Feeling like a snare has been looped around your neck, and the thing that hurts you the most arguing between itself about what should be done." He let his expression sink, sorrow replacing the moment of hope as he sighed and stepped away from Amani and Kahlil.

Passing them by, he entered the space of the sithspawn. Casting his eyes to the watching being, he settled himself in the corner and began to unmask his presence. His back pressed to the wall, legs bent and arms settled atop each knee as he watched the sithspawn.

A sitting position that left him open to attack, but left plain faith in the creature.

Pain was a common link that he did not want to share with the sithspawn. His own pain he'd barely even muttered about, and kept concealed for the time being. Trying to connect through that point was likely to end poorly with all who were watching.

And distressing the sithspawn was not what he wanted.

He didn't speak, instead letting the force connect them in its own time. Feelings floated across from one dark creation to another of understanding, fear, worry, anger, and ultimately of hope as he kept his eyes on the creature.

He did not feel pity for it.

It had survived. It had thrived. It had lived to this point. And as such, the chance to have the alchemy undone and recieve some semblance of a life once more.

He expressed this through feelings rather than words, unsure if the sithspawn could speak, or cared to. It didn't help that he was horrid with telepathic communications.

Sitting, watching, and attempting to connect as everything happened around them.

"Master Noble! It's nice to see you."

Holly remembered her interview with the Jedi woman a while back. It was nice to see a friendly face who wasn't throwing her out of the room. That tended to happen to the press more often than not.

"Well I think it might bring a little hope to the galaxy to know we could help the war torn areas where the Sith have done such horrors. But what do the Jedi really think they can do? Do you think this is reversible?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

"Good timing." The smile came back as he looked towards Rhemti, giving the Padawan a nod. "Think you can help calm them? To keep everyone safe it unfortunately needs to be enclosed, and it seems agitated. There's a mind there, under all that pain and fear. Help find it and calm it down."

"Calm the big pup. Got it." That goofball smile spread across Rhem's two-toned features, hiding the slight bit of nerves that he held within. He turned his attention to the Sithspawn, dropping that goofy energy of his as he caught the gaze of its singular eye. Rhemti didn't need to reach out to feel its unease, it was clear as day to him, but he did so anyway; that was what was asked of him after all.

He met the creatures gaze, holding it. Head-tendrils rose slightly, almost floating around him, as if he were suspended in water, and he reached out. Ripples, waves of energy came off of him as he reached out to the Sithspawn, radiating out not just towards the creature but in a radius around him. At first it was just waves of force energy, reaching out, searching; bouncing off those around him much like echolocation, causing more and more ripples, but that all changed when he connected with the Sithspawn below.

That energy shifted, now carrying the padawan's emotions with it. Wave after gentle wave of calm energy. A gentle breeze atop the surface of a pond, ever so lightly causing those ripples. The plan had been to help calm the creature; that unfortunately was going to take time. Rhemti gave the Sithspawn a small, warm smile, hoping the visual might aid in it.

"Hey. You've got a lot going on, huh? I can only imagine how you feel." Rhemti slowly reached out, gently placing one red palm against the glass, as if that might help him focus, to connect himself with the creature and calmly reassure it more so than everyone around him; it didn't exactly work the way he wanted.

He didn't speak, instead letting the force connect them in its own time. Feelings floated across from one dark creation to another of understanding, fear, worry, anger, and ultimately of hope as he kept his eyes on the creature.

It didn't help that he felt another out there, someone else connecting with the Sithspawn. He couldn't pinpoint exactly who, he was already too focused, but he kept his mind open, to accept both the Sithspawn and the one it was connected with. There was no digging, no invasion of their minds; it wasn't his place, or his business. If they wished to open up to him, they would.

"Whatever you've got going on, even if I myself may not completely understand it, just know that you're not alone. You have people who support you, who want to help. I want to help." The way he phrased it... it almost sounded as if it could be meant for anyone, even though his eyes were locked solely on the creatures'. "No matter what it is you've gone through in the past, we're here now. You're not alone."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Tarish Galland

Kai breathed a quiet sigh of relief as Jasper and Corin departed. Silas said a few more words before he patted Kai on the shoulder and left as well. Kai offered no reply - his views had to change when reframed and recontextualized in this manner. He'd be a prick if he tried to argue the wolf should be kept alive just to suffer. But he had come to make sure a Sithspawn wasn't needlessly slaughtered, and he could still accomplish that task, even if it turned out the situation wasn't what he expected.

"Some seem to hope for violence, rather than a solution."

"It's only fear of the unknown," Kai mused aloud, moving a few steps closer to the enclosure to get a better look of what was going on. He watched Master Kahlil, Amani, Tarish, and a few others whose names he did not know as they approached the wolf, trying to earn its trust. When wrangling 'spawn, Kai usually just tranquilized them, or in special cases connected his mind to theirs in order to subdue them. Tarish seemed to be going for something similar, establishing an emotional rapport with the Sithspawn.

"Some seem to hope for violence, rather than a solution."

"I guess they never believed any other option was possible," Amani muttered. Thousands of years of history, without a single proven case of curing Sithspawn. A reputation as mindless monsters of war, no better than machines made of blood and flesh. But not all were so innately sinister. Some had a life before that. A life untainted by the corrupting influence of Sith Alchemy.

Kahlil proffered his saber for Amani to examine. She hesitated mid-reach, before gently taking the hilt and weighing it in her palm, "At their most basic, the intent in the same. When you purify a crystal, you're expunging its dark side corruption. Peaceably. If we approach with that angle in mind, maybe it can give us a sense of how to proceed," Even if the methodology didn't lead to the cure directly, the framework was sensible enough to build a hypothesis on, and branch out from there. It was just a matter of applying the same concept to a new medium.

Alchemy defies the laws of nature as we know it, so.. Might as well bend a few laws ourselves."

Amani nodded firmly. Bridging the natural and supernatural was rarely a clean process, certainly not with such volatile factors in play. Scientific law was bound to become a tad flexible in the coming tests. She watched through the glass, where Tarish had engaged directly with the beast. Silent tension crept up her muscles, but was choked down just as quickly. Between him and Rhemti reaching out, the Sithpsawn remained placid, but as with any wild animal there was no telling how quickly that could change, "Can't stand around all day. If you've got an idea, let's act while we know it's at ease," Amani said, peeking back at Kahlil.

Thelma was slightly late. Quiet and obscure as she was, her presence went virtually unnoticed for the first few minutes after her arrival. She stood by and listened to the various conversations occurring. One group was having a spirited debate about Sithspawn and what ought to be done about them; another group was chatting about hair dye. Thelma was naturally drawn toward the people she knew, but the topic of hair was admittedly more up her alley.

"I used to dye my hair black," she said, reaching up to touch her red locks. "I used this stuff called Eternis... One time I got a bad batch, and instead of black, it turned my hair dark green. I didn't have time to fix it before training, so I covered up my hair with a hat. But then it fell off while I was fighting..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom