Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Precept Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
ZJUEvUd.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Other
  • Weight: Weightless
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Lightsabers: Very High
    • Other: Sonic: Low
    • Other: EMP/ION: Very Low
    • Other: Disruptors: Very Low
    • Other: Radiation: Low
    • Other: Fire: Average
    • Other: Cryo: Average
    • Other: Acid: Average
    • Other: Vacuum: Very Low
    • Other: Darkside: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Force Affinity: Designed with force infused materials that imbue to the jedi wearing them a standard slew of protections and capabilities. The ability to better resist the darksides influence, ease the access to learned skills that have been practiced and feeling generally more energized and lively.
    • Force Resistance: Not pure resistance to the force but its influences specifically the darkside.
    • Force Enlightenment: A general enhancement of the specific jedi's talents in the lightside of the force. They don't know everything but using their own abilities is easier, sharper focus.
    • Revitalize: A more robust feeling mentally and physically aids in calming the mind and body to focus.
    • Force Form: Focusing and utilizing the force itself to improve the jedi's focus and mind as well as combative capabilities with the force.
    • Avar Kriss's Network: Connecting her to the jedi as a whole it follows much of what Avar did and lets her hear the song of the force.
    • Tutaminis: Advanced and formed within the robes themselves.. the material absorbs energy, heat, electrical, force, plasma and others to feed it into the jedis body and mind revitalizing their force powers.
    • Cleanse Mind: Focusing the force and clearing the mind of mental influences and those they can focus their attention on.
    • Force Binding: Designed and augmented into the robes, the pockets and robes themselves can be used to bind and contain influences when it is enclosed around a darkside object.
    • Inspire: Focused and empowered the jedi themselves as beacons within the force inspiring those around them to action and to shake off negative thoughts.
    • Controlled Descent: Focusing the force into a cushion around them the jedi are able to land from greater heights.
    • Force Familiar: Controlled and focused, the robes seek out a familiar creature and bonds with it... sadly while it connects them death of the jedi can kill the familiar.
  • Grandmaster Enhancements: Designed for the silver jedi's grandmaster and enhancing the robes that were made for her to a degree few others can match. With mist weavers augmenting to better allow control and manipulation.
    • Force Harmony: Calming the mind and body to focus the jedi and aid in overcoming negative emotions.
    • Force generation: To enhance the jedi and give them a grounded focus on worlds strong in the force.
    • Force meld: A small enhancement tohelp the trainees learn to coordinate and work together in kata's and cadences. It won't make them super powerful but helps with early coordination improvement.
    • Protection bubble: Focusing their force energies into a shield around themselves and others the masters can usually safely protect an area of four meters around them.
    • Golden flash: Channeling their force energy into a blast of force light that is dazzling in its use but devastating to darksiders if it is able to connect.
    • Electric Judgment: Enhanced to channel energy through the gloves and hands of the jedi allowing them to focus electric judgement and incapacitate.
    • Ionize: Building off of the enhancements for electric judgement altering it just enough to disable droids is easy enough.
    • Malacia: Expanding on their skills and focusing the force the jedi can constrict the blood vessels to incapacitate non-lethally.
    • Force projection: A staple of the jedi high council, an ability that merges them closer with the force then many others but can also allow them to project their image across the galaxy to meet others who may need them. The robes lessen the strain on the body and allow it to be done without killing the user almost after use.
    • Sever Force: Working in concert together the high council determines the dangers and if need be can sever a darksider from the force.
    • Force meld: THe head of the jedi order, enhanced to connect and meld with every jedi under him and strengthen the order as a whole.
    • Serenity: Enhanced to mentally center the jedi themselves in the most dangerous of situations and calm their mind and body.
    • Protection bubble: The master of the order and protector. The robes are enhanced to better project and lessen the strain of making a force bubble of protection around a ten meter radius.
    • Force call: For the grandmasters to be able to call to their order and bring them back in the worst case scenario. The robes augment and make it easier to focus on the technique.
    • Song of the Force: Enhancing and lessening the strain on the mind and body of using Avar's technique allowing the grandmaster to strengthen the bonds of the force between jedi and exponentially increase an individual with the power of the one.
    • Wall of light: The ultimate technique of the jedi, the ability to channel and focus a wall of light against the darkside.
    • Battle Meditation: Enhanced to lessen the strain on the grandmasters mind and body in the force and physically while allowing them to stretch out their minds to encompass all of the jedi.
  • Kirano Interface: Standard technical interface for operations.
  • Jedi Utility Belt: For supplies
  • Cracken Survival Kit: Standard field kit
  • Sigil of Hope: A legacy piece of jediu equipment created from the dark harvesters.
  • Kojie: Underslung shoulder pack for extra equipment space.
  • Perfumed Sleeves: Defensive Measures designed for jedi robes
  • Refined Sleg Ultracapacitors: Designed to improve the power of the suits and augment the shielding for radiation and heat in space or protect them when boarding other ships.
  • Advanced Regulator System: Designed to recycle oxygen and filter poisons for the common peoples in case of attack.
  • Seeker Drone: Companion to atrisians and function as one of two organization interfaces. Can work together with an astromech.
  • Makie Class Droid: A non-combative companion droid that works with the Atrisian citizens.
  • Heavy Praestigiae's Luminous Overlaid Technological Shields: Protective shielding designed to be used with the pilot suit in the event of out of ship combat scenarios.
  • Advanced Micro Thrusters: Designed to increase movement speed of the jedi while moving around.
  • Strength/Speed Enhancement: Enhancing the body to increase the pilots natural state. In the event they are without their ships they can defend themselves.
  • Zenkyoku: Designed with containment traps able to be held and crafted with the armor for encountering dangerous entities.
  • Temperature control/heat reflection: Designed for additional comfort when on other worlds
  • Locator beacon: For emergencies to be retrieved with rescue ships.
  • Ablative Plating: Designed to be worn by the jedi grandmaster as a pendant and can be activated with molecular disruption
  • Bio-Overlay: Designed with the baptiste metal as an overlay of the armor adding some more protective qualities to it.
  • Weapon creation: A product of the charon technology, the bioarmor can create melee weapons, blades, hammers and clubs from itself. It is as strong as the biomass itself and if severed will severely damage the mass.
  • The larger the weapons created the more of the biomass is used. (IE Dagger vs a spear) smaller scale weapons are easier to make and maintain while larger ones like spears and great swords rearranges the biomass to different locations.
  • Carapace: Created for a time, the biomass is designed to solidify into a strong armor like shell with the ability to create melee weapons. Restricting movement as it functions more like a plate type armor.
STRENGTHS
  • Superior Protection: Designed using the Synthmesh, wintrium that as it ages continues to grow stronger and skylar which offers a form fitted compression material.
  • Force Affinity: Infused and crafted with the force, the synthmesh, skylar and inth metal used all add force abilities to the outfit.
  • Protection: The hypermembrane provides a robust degree of protection so it can be used.
  • Self Repairing: Designed with the hypermembrane for protection but also the ability to repair itself over time with small damage being a few minutes to hours and sections of the suit being days.
  • Overly Engineered: Designed to give the jedi a powerful sense of control and protection.
  • Exotic Matter: Altered at the molecular level and force enhanced to be force enhanced to be highly protective.
WEAKNESSES
  • Requires Connection to the Force: For the synthweave effects to function within it the material needs to be able to feel the force energies around it. Vong tech, yalisimiri, voidstone, dampening fields are all counter to what the material can handle.
  • Self repairing: While it can repair its own micro stress fractures the capabilities can take days to hours depending on how damaged they become from use.
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Exotic Matter: The tetherite and solarite metals are explosive when they come into contact with anti or dark matter.
  • Lightside beacon; The robes radiate the lightside of the force.
  • Lightside: Designed with the jedi and lightside in mind, the material can be worn andused by neutral and darksiders but it is uncomfortable.
DESCRIPTION
Designed based off of ancient images but not the materials. The murals in the temple of the precept were mostly vague on how to reconstruct the armor if that is what it was and not just what they were. That they looked like ancient jedi or sith or force users was what brought interest and the things that watched them become parts of the cosmic force. The Coremaic form in script describing the poems of the creation of the universe itself and the cosmic beings who create it led the jedi master to texts Rave Merrill traded to her about the Muurshantre Extinction and her continued study of texts like the Rammahgon brought to her attention many other things.

The ancient eye resembling the eye on the cover and the Eye of Ashlanae from Ossus. So she sought the knowledge and information after a third encounter with Wutzek a creature she had faced and seen with Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin and her wife Spencer Varanin Spencer Varanin . The knowledge that he was involved led her to other beings... other things like Cold Sine and Tilotny or to other beings like Lotek'k. Ancient creatures that had seen the galaxy for itself and while difficult to communicate with or be taken seriously there were ways to learn. That knowledge combined with what she had learned among the Aing-Tii allowed her to develop the armor for the express purpose of being able to handle them should it be required.

The force priestesses aiding in here understanding of how they expand their consciousness through the cosmic force. Facing their trials and with Zak Dymo and Domino Domino helping her explore the prime jedis columbarium which allowed her to learn from more information about what was encountered in the early times.... She continued her research purposes and methods to contain creatures like wutzek and abeloth but it was largely vague. Sciences mixed with force technology and a lot of lot for stumbling across it. The origins for the armor serving her on Ahch-To in a case that few others can access. The armor might function in a pinch as a combat suit but it is not recommended for use as it can be dangerous to the jedi master wearing it with the baptiste metal physically straining to the body itself.

Last edited:
Matsu Ike Matsu Ike - Apologies about the delay, but this was a submission that required some extensive research - alongside a few hours of contemplation. To start, there's a glaring typo in your special features section:

• Can Create Angle Traps: To protect against some of the dangers faced, the angel traps create dimensional paradoxes for energy beings and spirits but do not work on organics.

It's a common enough mistake, but you may wish to correct this to stem any future confusion. From there, I'm entirely curious as to how these angel traps work - as this seems to be the only mention of them in your entire submission. Surely, creating any dimensional paradoxes would not only require a considerable amount of concentration and power - but they'd also affect organics in some capacity. I'd like to see this fleshed out so that anyone writing against your character, equipped with this suit, knows exactly what they're getting into.

From there, I have a hard time justifying the balance of this submission. Yes, the ratings as they are come out at -15 / +15 to be balanced... but as you have both the Lightside and the Darkside of the Force at Extreme with nary a reason as to how it's capable of such feats. Because of that, alongside its additional capabilities that allow for the suit to self-repair and transform at will... I believe it's overpowered and needs to be pruned. I would recommend combining the Lightside and the Darkside ratings, as they encompass 2/3rd's of the Force. It seems to be an unintended ploy to garner balanced ratings across the submission - especially coupled with the respective Lightsided strength.

In addition to that, your extreme kinetic rating, alongside the corresponding weakness, doesn't really jive. There's quite the power gap when it comes to heavy slugthrowers and matukai-styled punches - to mass-drivers. We're talking heavy pistols, force-enhanced punches to railguns here - all of which comprise a significant portion of kinetic weaponry. Having a high to extreme resistance to lower calibre slugthrowers and thrown weapons is fine, especially as that can be expanded on in the description or special features section. Still, I'd advise adjusting the rating here to match the respective weakness.

Should both of those aforementioned points be addressed, I believe this submission will be one step closer to being ready for approval.

Now, putting aside my reservations about how similar this is to the suit(s) of armour(s) worn by Spawn, the Witchblade, or even the Symbiotes from the Marvel Comics... I find myself coming back to the nebulous capabilities of the suit. Presently, there's no mention of how long it would take for the suit to repair itself when damaged, which could allow for near-instantaneous repairs in PvP threads. That isn't even mentioning how fast this suit could conjure weapons and harden its armoured carapace with seemingly no ill effects; as biomatter is shifted from one place to another, it strips the thickness even weakens the organic structural composition in other places.

I'd like to see these points addressed in this submission - since it'll give your opponents a timeframe to work with when making their replies.

Please @mention me with any comments, concerns, and edits.

Thank you for your patience.

LT-137 LT-137

Alright, I believe I got it for the ratings adjustment and a timetable for repairing. As well as the weapons creation shifting the biomass around.

The angle trap is vague mostly because there isn't much known about it from when it was encountered. It was presented as a means to trap an energy based being somehow. How it would work with organics s something I didn't think about. Which was mostly why I just have it as unable to be used against them. The armors purpose is very specific after a handful of site events where god tier force beings appeared.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike - I'm afraid to say that it's still too vague for me to justify its inclusion in the armour.

At present, the angle trap seems like a Deus Ex Machina Trump Card that works simply because you say so - rather than fleshing out the How and Why... which is what the Codex expects when people make these God-tier Monsters. Therefore, I believe it's only fair to expect the same effort in the counter to those beasts - as they've put into writing their submissions, or finding the articles on Wookieepedia.

So, I would highly recommend removing the item in question from the submission and fleshing it out with its own separate entry. Sadly, I will not approve this submission otherwise, as I would be willingly handing you and your character the ability to god-mod in collaborative scenarios, be they site events or otherwise.

If you believe that this judgment is unfair in any capacity, you're more than welcome to request another Judge through the Second Chance subforum.

LT-137 LT-137

I might disagree but you are not wrong. I removed it and will make another sub to try and flesh it out. This has been a pleasant experience as you presented everything from a different view dude. Happy to keep working it out to get this approved.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike - With the edits and changes you've made - it'll suffice for an approval stamp from me. I don't see anything else that immediately stands out on my third pass through. But, I will leave this cautionary word of warning here, more so to cover my butt than anything else. If abused in any capacity, this submission will likely be reported and pulled from approval. Please use this submission wisely, and Happy RolePlaying.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Netharanium
Link to Submission: Netharanium
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Precept Armor
Link to Submission: Precept Armor
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Linguistic Robes